Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It (17666 Views)

Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative / Man Shares His Experience With iPhone 11 He Bought For N17k / How To Run Twitter And Instagram Ads For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by dre11(m): 11:09am On May 02, 2023
Elon Musk Is Not Best Person To Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It – Jack Dorsey

Twitter co-founder, Jack Dorsey, has said that American billionaire, Elon Musk, is not the right person to run the company, noting that it “all went south” for Musk after he bought the social media giant.

Elon Musk struck a deal to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

Dorsey, once a supporter of Musk's $44billion takeover, gave a frank assessment when asked if the company's new owner and CEO had proven himself the right man for the job.

"No. Nor do I think he acted right after realising his timing was bad. Nor do I think the board should have forced the sale. It all went south," Dorsey wrote on Bluesky, an invite-only Twitter alternative he is backing, Bloomberg reported.

Dail Mail reports that Dorsey had been on good terms with the Tesla CEO prior to his takeover and last year called Musk's acquisition of Twitter as 'the singular solution I trust.'

Musk has since implemented widespread changes to boost revenue at Twitter after the social media platform saw advertising income drop last year in the run up to his takeover. The company rolled out its Twitter-verified blue tick as a paid service, a move Dorsey also slammed on Bluesky.

"Payment as proof of human is a trap and I'm not aligned with that at all. The payment systems being used for that proof exclude millions if not billions of people," he wrote.

According to the report; Musk has since returned blue ticks to accounts with more than one million followers - confusing celebrities across the world.

The entrepreneur has also shrunk the employee-base by about 80 percent since his acquisition.

The social media firm was now 'roughly breaking even', Musk said in a recent Twitter Spaces interview. But after Twitter had made 3,700 of the company's approximated 7,500 employees redundant in November, Dorsey apologized to current and ex-staff.

In what was his first tweet addressing the takeover, Dorsey said he was sorry for growing the company 'too quickly' and declared that Twitter employees 'always find a way no matter how difficult the moment'.

The co-founder rolled over his 18 million shares into the Elon Musk era of the company rather than taking a payout. His shares equal approximately a 2.4 percent stake in the company.

This means he will be one of Twitter's biggest investors in the company, and contributed roughly $1billion to Musk's $44billion purchase.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/05/02/elon-musk-not-best-person-run-twitter-it-all-went-south-after-he-bought-it-jack-dorsey

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by allthingsgood: 11:35am On May 02, 2023
Jack dorsey wants twitter back grin

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by drips8(m): 11:35am On May 02, 2023
Jack Dorsey is trying to get new users for Bluesky.

Whether Elon Musk ruined Twitter depends on the person, The Democrats and Left wing people hate Twitter and the Republicans and Right wing people are loving Twitter.

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by cocoboss(m): 11:35am On May 02, 2023
Just shut up and mind the business that pays you

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Hambivert: 11:35am On May 02, 2023
For the amount of time Jack Dorsey led Twitter, Twitter never declared profits. Of all the ideas in the world, Jack decided to have an exact Twitter copy. Talk about being bereft of ideas.

Elon Musk's strategy in re-positioning Twitter and giving him financial succour to his lavish purchase may be controversial, but I think it is a step in a right direction.

Elon overtime have proven why he is Elon irrespective of what naysayers opine. He transformed Tesla, Space X, and floated the Boring Company that would be sparogatively important when countries begin to invest in the Hyper loop transport system. He has a passion for Twitter, and for me passion with the right resources is all it takes to succeed.
In the future, I think Elon may handover the day to day running of Twitter to someone else, but this time is for stabilization and setting it up for profitable growth.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by iCauseTrouble: 11:36am On May 02, 2023
It is obviously obvious that Elon Musk can not manage twitter. He should employ an innovative manager to help him manage it instead of him being at the center of decision making.

3 Likes

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by DrRasheed: 11:36am On May 02, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Why should I read news about Twitter on Sahara and Nairaland, when I have better humans on Twitter to shape opinions?

By the way, Nairaland usage is now lower than ever before. Almost no people on threads.

Na because U made FTC

1 Like

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by MoDaniel(m): 11:36am On May 02, 2023
Elon Musk is not a good boss.
Since he took control of Twitter, Elon Musk has put the company's workers through a great deal of pain and uncertainty through the series of sacking.
Also, his recent $8 monthly pay for blue tick is not good for a social media platform he said will be for 'free speech.'

5 Likes

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Ibime(m): 11:38am On May 02, 2023
"The co-founder rolled over his 18 million shares into the Elon Musk era of the company rather than taking a payout. His shares equal approximately a 2.4 percent stake in the company."

So he didn't cash out?

3 Likes

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by deeway200(m): 11:38am On May 02, 2023
Or after you sold it. Had you been a good manager yourself , you should have established another one that will gain ground

9 Likes

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by MrDam(m): 11:38am On May 02, 2023
Whichever way Elon musk chooses to run his business it doesn't concerns jack Dorsey at all

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Onliie(m): 11:39am On May 02, 2023
Jack Dorsey, you want to eat your cake and have it
You have no business creating a Twitter look-alike after collecting 40 billion USD

38 Likes

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by AsomStructures: 11:39am On May 02, 2023
Elon musk is a business minded person and i think he's doing just fine with twitter..
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

1 Like

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by DrAda(f): 11:39am On May 02, 2023
Is he allowed to make such comments? If Jack had handled twitter excellently, why then did he sell?

Why can't people just shut up when the need arises?

18 Likes

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Ibime(m): 11:39am On May 02, 2023
drips8:
Jack Dorsey is trying to get new users for Bluesky.

Whether Elon Musk ruined Twitter depends on the person, The Democrats and Left wing people hate Twitter and the Republicans and Right wing people are loving Twitter.

No political platform is worth $44bln

Twitter has been overpoliticised. 95% of users just want to catch cruise and follow other things.

12 Likes

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Justbeingreal(m): 11:40am On May 02, 2023
YOU DON SELL SOMETHING ALLOW THE BUYER RUN M HOW HE LIKE M NA. U SABI RUN M WELLA WHY U SELL M..

18 Likes

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by DesChyko: 11:40am On May 02, 2023
Pained

2 Likes

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by tradingknowled1: 11:42am On May 02, 2023
you don't tell somebody how to run his or her business

meanwhile
I offer forex trading Guidance and mentorship program.
feel free to pm me if interested

7 Likes

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by jaxxy(m): 11:42am On May 02, 2023
Elon is doing a good job bt it would be better if sm1else spoke on issues than him everytime as people will assume he's doing it for certain interests which might not be the case.
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Etranshub(m): 11:42am On May 02, 2023
Its probably too early to judge, he has proven to be a smart business man for some rine now. I am sure he has sone special olans lets wait and see

3 Likes

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by MrCounselor: 11:42am On May 02, 2023
ok
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by drips8(m): 11:43am On May 02, 2023
Ibime:

No political platform is worth $44bln

Twitter has been overpoliticised. 95% of users just want to catch cruise and follow other things.

Absolutely

It's just that Twitter is like the people's town square, Twitter was and still is instrumental for political movements like the BLM, Arab Spring and EndSars
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Gwan2(m): 11:43am On May 02, 2023
Elon my Guy......

You are a Billionaire, You are the Richest, You are young, You no get wife, You wan move us go Mars...carry on, make all of us go start afresh abeg

Baba, everything you do with twitter Correct

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Godada(m): 11:44am On May 02, 2023
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by AntiChristian: 11:44am On May 02, 2023
Is it because he doesn't support the "woke" mentalism?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by SultanOfAbia: 11:45am On May 02, 2023
Ok
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by iHateFraudsters: 11:45am On May 02, 2023
deeway200:
Or after you sold it. Had you been a good manager yourself , you should have established another one that will gain ground

You just commented without reading the article.

2 Likes

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Nobody: 11:46am On May 02, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Why should I read news about Twitter on Sahara and Nairaland, when I have better humans on Twitter to shape opinions?

By the way, Nairaland usage is now lower than ever before. Almost no people on threads.

The bigots caused it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by nairalee(m): 11:46am On May 02, 2023
After u have sold and cashed out. Please why didn't you ensure u sold to someone more capable?

Spare us the analysis and develop your new app

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Receive All Your Whatsapp Messages On Your Phone, No Matter The SIM On It, How? / Airtel Magic Box Bonus / Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.