Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:32 AM

I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! (439 Views)

Anthony Stimler Turns On Colleagues In Massive Africa Bribe Cases / I Want To Quit My Job: What Business Can In Start With 2 Million Naira? / Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by thesilentman(m): 1:36pm On May 02, 2023
My yoruba brothers i bow o!
I almost got my fingers badly burnt fronting for my yoruba brothers at my workplace.The goal was to let the superiors in on the poor working conditions and peanut pay package of 80k per month for a job role that worths 200kpm.The contractors were clearly ripping us off.
So after zillions of murmurings and grumblings in my department,i decided to lead the pack in a move similar to a coup that'd oust this certain contractor out of the company in no distant time.
I surreptitiously made the ogas at the top aware of our plight in hope for a possible redress just yesterday and in return we were all summoned-42 of us-including the contractor.
Alas! My yoruba brothers would never speak up despite all the prompting by the superiors of the company.Consequently,the meeting was dissolved with a stern warning against a reocurrence.
Once again,i fear my yoruba bros oo!
I could have gotten my marching orders if not that i 'know' some ogas at the top.
Yorubas why?why? Why?Who cursed us?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by NoFucksToGive: 1:42pm On May 02, 2023
thesilentman:
I almost got my fingers badly burnt fronting for my yoruba brothers at my workplace.The goal was to let the superiors in on the poor working conditions and peanut pay package of 80k per month for a job role that worths 200kpm.The contractors were clearly ripping us off.
So after zillions of murmurings and grumblings in my department,i decided to lead the pack in a move similar to a coup that'd oust this certain contractor out of the company in no distant time.
I surreptitiously made the ogas at the top aware of our plight in hope for a possible redress just yesterday and in return we were all summoned-42 of us-including the contractor.
Alas! My yoruba brothers would never speak up despite all the prompting by the superiors of the company.Consequently,the meeting was dissolved with a stern warning against a reocurrence.
I could have gotten my marching orders if not that i 'know' some ogas at the top.

You just got what is called a reality check.

I am from Bini , when I was resident in Nigeria it was the Yoruba guy I helped that made me loose that job. I have learned a bitter lesson since then, you see Yoruba people ehn?

Well let me leave it at that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by IkeIgboNile(m): 1:46pm On May 02, 2023
This tribe has never been known for bravery. Cowards and backstabbers all of them.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by thesilentman(m): 1:49pm On May 02, 2023
However,i still have this urge burning in me to liberate my kinsmen from this modern-day slavery.I feel their pain everyday at work cos most of them don't have a side hustle like i do.They later told me they were afraid of being sacked,reason they kept their gobs shut.Is there any way i can still pursue this goal without sacrificing my job?Or should i just let it go?Note:am an irredeemable lover of freedom,equality and social justice for all.I don't trust myself not to try that stunt again.
Please advise me,nairaland men and women of intellect.
Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by Nice2023(m): 1:49pm On May 02, 2023
When u meet them at work places,avoid them, in ur compound,avoid them.

Give them loan they are sure to default and u will see them come to tell u how the interest beame so high that they had to quit paying up the loan.

I live with them but betrayal is rampant among them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by Nice2023(m): 1:55pm On May 02, 2023
thesilentman:
However,i still have this urge burning in me to liberate my kinsmen from this modern-day slavery.I feel their pain everyday at work cos most of them don't have a side hustle like i do.They later told me they were afraid of being sacked,reason they kept their gobs shut.Is there any way i can still pursue this goal without sacrificing my job?Or should i just let it go?Note:am an irredeemable lover of freedom,equality and social justice for all.I don't trust myself not to try that stunt again.
Please advise me,nairaland men and women of intellect.

See,in my office,na them full there,they have turned it to owambe association Plc.

If u end up wining the fight for them and they ended up earning like u,be ready to be sacked by the same crop of people u fought for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by thesilentman(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2023
NoFucksToGive:

You just got what is called a reality check.

I am from Bini , when I was resident in Nigeria it was the Yoruba guy I helped that made me loose that job. I have learned a bitter lesson since then, you see Yoruba people ehn?

Well let me leave it at that
like seriously,i was left with eggs all over my face! But come to think of it,i believe that is the nature of the average yoruba man-betrayal,cowardice and all mouth and gas.It was a miracle i didn't get the sack yesterday.Even at that,i believe am now in the black book of the contractor now-all because of my social justice and equality for all ideology.Heaven saved my ass sha...
Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by NoFucksToGive: 2:05pm On May 02, 2023
thesilentman:

like seriously,i was left with eggs all over my face! But come to think of it,i believe that is the nature of the average yoruba man-betrayal,cowardice and all mouth and gas.It was a miracle i didn't get the sack yesterday.Even at that,i believe am now in the black book of the contractor now-all because of my social justice and equality for all ideology.Heaven saved my ass sha...

Whenever you are dealing with a Yoruba.person be extremely careful and vigilant, I learned the hard way unfortunately

You were fortunate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by thesilentman(m): 2:05pm On May 02, 2023
Nice2023:

See,in my office,na them full there,they have turned it to owambe association Plc.

If u end up wining the fight for them and they ended up earning like u,be ready to be sacked by the same crop of people u fought for.

come to think of it-i had no plan of being overnight hero oo-i just saw mordern day slavery and desired to emancipate my folks for real but they all let me down.
Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by thesilentman(m): 2:08pm On May 02, 2023
NoFucksToGive:

Whenever you are dealing with a Yoruba.person ber extremely careful and vigilant, I learned the hard way unfortunately

You were fortunate.
gracias,bro.Advice heeded for life!
Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by NoFucksToGive: 2:10pm On May 02, 2023
thesilentman:

gracias,bro.Advice heeded for life!

Well done bro
Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by Nice2023(m): 2:13pm On May 02, 2023
thesilentman:

come to think of it-i had no plan of being overnight hero oo-i just saw mordern day slavery and desired to emancipate my folks for real but they all let me down.

Slaves who place tribe above everything would eventually formed a coup behind u.

Be careful.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by LikeAking: 2:14pm On May 02, 2023
thesilentman:

Crazy!!

1 Like

Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by thesilentman(m): 2:15pm On May 02, 2023
Nice2023:

Slaves who place tribe above everything would eventually formed a coup behind u.

Be careful.

thanks a lot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by LikeAking: 2:16pm On May 02, 2023
Leave am like that..
Re: I Almost Lost My Job Playing Messiah For My Colleagues! by OVB123: 2:27pm On May 02, 2023
You are bias in your reportage.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

We're Dead Battery Buyer In Lagos / How To Apply For EU Afro-euro Runway Opportunity 4 Fashion Designers In Nigeria / Here Are Nigerians Highest Paying Companies In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.