Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? (742 Views)

Swapping Of Tyres And Rims / This Front Loader Garbage Truck Has An Exciting Way Of Carrying Waste Container / London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? by Bullfallo(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2023
On Saturday I went to market to repair my battery as one of the terminal had issue, I gave it to battery charger to charge and fix but he couldn't fix it after weeks, so I took it from him and went straight to market. I was told to swap it I shouldn't waste my time trying to do anything with it. So I agreed to swap the battery and the swap battery work just fine. It's a used battery.

This morning as I on the ignition and scan my car it was still the error code it last displayed so I clear the error code. Remove the scanner and put in my other Bluetooth scanner I want to do live scan while driving the car. As I start the car the dashboard light blinks. Oh. I tried again same thing so I came down to remove the battery terminal and put them Very well again. I tried starting it same thing. I leave it for some minutes and attempt to start again. Same thing.

I called the battery guy he kept telling me stories he is not around now that he will call me when he gets to office. Since morning. Right now I tried calling him but his phone switched off.

I want to know if ignation for ODB2 scan can drain battery? It's not up to 2-3 minutes with rolling the glass up. . The mistake I made was not starting the car at once. The problem is my scanner cannot clear code when the engine is running.

I'm stock at home and couldn't go anywhere. I have ordered for battery charger online. That one will takes nothing less that 8days or so.
Re: Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? by nurey(m): 4:55pm On May 02, 2023
You have been scammed. Go and buy brand new battery

5 Likes

Re: Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? by Bullfallo(m): 4:59pm On May 02, 2023
nurey:
You have been scammed. Go and buy brand new battery
chai. Battery is too expensive now oh.
Re: Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? by nurey(m): 5:02pm On May 02, 2023
Bullfallo:
chai. Battery is too expensive now oh.

Sell the car and buy another with manual transmission.

So when battery is bad and you can't afford it, park on a slope then you can utilize "push to start" to start vehicle anytime you need to.

5 Likes

Re: Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? by Bullfallo(m): 5:18pm On May 02, 2023
nurey:

Sell the car and buy another with manual transmission.

So when battery is bad and you can't afford it, park on a slope then you can utilize "push to start" to start vehicle anytime you need to.
why you de reason like this. Battery is cost doesn't mean I can't afford it.

I prefer jump starter than buying new battery at this time.

I just ordered battery charger and jump starter device. The price is more than getting a new battery. I plan to change the car in a year time.

The guy just pick my call and said he will come to my house with another battery. I was only telling him I need a relable battery that can hold charged.
Re: Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? by nurey(m): 5:22pm On May 02, 2023
Bullfallo:

I just ordered battery charger and jump starter device. The price is more than getting a new battery. I plan to change the car in a year time.

The guy just pick my call and said he will come to my house when another battery. I was only telling him I need a relable battery that can hold charged.

Sorry bro, I was just advising as I deem fit. No vex but why buy battery charger and jump starter when a brandnew battery is cheaper and would solve your problem? Abi you wan dey do battery charger work as side hustle?

1 Like

Re: Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? by Bullfallo(m): 5:30pm On May 02, 2023
nurey:

Sorry bro, I was just advising as I deem fit. No vex but why buy battery charger and jump starter when a brandnew battery is cheaper and would solve your problem? Abi you wan dey do battery charger work as side hustle?
I have already told myself to buy jump starter for emergency. I hate when people beg me for my car battery. So instead of removing my battery I will help them with the jump starter. It's a small portable device like power bank in a emergency portfolio case. And to add to it it has a tyre inflatable device too.

When this thing happened this morning I blame myself for not buying it since as my spirit have been telling me. Because my mechanic spoil my battery.

While I add the battery charger is something like this too. I would have removed the battery and charger at home. Instead of running up and down looking for where to charge battery.

Na the reason why I vex add the battery charger.
Re: Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? by buygala(m): 5:56pm On May 02, 2023
Bullfallo:
I have already told myself to buy jump starter for emergency. I hate when people beg me for my car battery. So instead of removing my battery I will help them with the jump starter. It's a small portable device like power bank in a emergency portfolio case. And to add to it it has a tyre inflatable device too.

When this thing happened this morning I blame myself for not buying it since as my spirit have been telling me. Because my mechanic spoil my battery.

While I add the battery charger is something like this too. I would have removed the battery and charger at home. Instead of running up and down looking for where to charge battery.

Na the reason why I vex add the battery charger.

AutoManual aka Fineboynl is that you? grin

You created this moniker today and have continued from where AutoManual stopped grin

Continue... Sha try troway that your Honda DC before e troway you where you no know

8 Likes

Re: Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? by vivalavida(m): 10:42pm On May 02, 2023
buygala:

AutoManual aka Fineboynl is that you? grin

You created this moniker today and have continued from where AutoManual stopped grin

Continue... Sha try troway that your Honda DC before e troway you where you no know

I was just telling myself this must be Automanual. Lolz

4 Likes

Re: Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? by Angrygoat: 2:44pm On May 03, 2023
I've told u automanual. Sell this carton u bought. If you want to buy confirm battery,buy rocket battery..42k.......rocket battery original with serial number stamped on top of battery. The useless battery u bought with the car,check under of it,manufacture date fit be 2017. Battery doesn't last 2 years max ,u gobneed replacement. So far u have wasted your savings on a naija used car. Anyway 1st car dey sweet to get sense.

3 Likes

Re: Does Battery Swapping Really Works Or Waste Of Money? by MasterJayJay: 3:53pm On May 04, 2023
Bullfallo:

The guy just pick my call and said he will come to my house with another battery. I was only telling him I need a relable battery that can hold charged.
You don't have a generator at home? I use my generator to charge my battery, no need for car battery charger. Just 15-20 mins of charging and it can be used to start a car.

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is Nissan Exterra? / Volvo S60 Maintenance / Toyota Launches Latest All Electric SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.