Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Would You Give Back The Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Give Back The Child (648 Views)

Spare The Rod - Spoil The Child / Who Is The Rightful Owner Of The Breast? The Husband Or The Child. / 14 Year Old Girl Impregnated By Her Father Cries Out "govt Pls Take The Child!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Give Back The Child by adastic: 4:08pm On Sep 24, 2011
a friend donated his fluid to his best friend's wife who gave birth a set of twins. after 15 yrs the man was not able to have children of his own and then went back to his friend demanding for his children. who owns the children?
Re: Would You Give Back The Child by MMM2(m): 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2011
^
what is dis

Wrong section angry
Re: Would You Give Back The Child by CalienteMi: 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2011
Are there any legal contracts between the donor and the family?  If so then the donor can't claim rights to the children however if there is no contract then the court will decide what is best for the children.  The court will take in consideration how long the donor waited, donor donated generously, and the connection the children has with the family.

A sane judge would not grant the donor rights to his children if they are thinking what is best for the children however the donor can seek visitation rights if the family are in agreement.
Re: Would You Give Back The Child by emofine(f): 10:02am On Sep 27, 2011
adastic:

a friend donated his fluid to his best friend's wife who gave birth a set of twins. after 15 yrs the  man was not able to have children of his own  and then went back to his friend demanding for his children. who owns  the children?

Well maybe he's better of seeking a s[/i]p[i]e[/i]rm donor as well . .jk . . tongue

On a serious note he was in an agreement and 15 years is quite a significant amount of time. He may have had a stronger case if they were babies to toddlers as during those early years he could have seriously reconsidered his choice although of course he would still be challenged. . . but to demand for them now at this time more so [i]because he can't bare anymore children of his own
?? . . .

hmmm children are not parcels and to me those children are a mere plan B for him to have a child . . . and how can he take those children from a family unit? at 15 as well. . . . did he consider them as his own children for 15 years? because anyone that agrees to donate their s[/i]p[i]e[/i]rm have already depreciated their role as a [i]father . . .
Those children already have an established relationship with a man whom they perceive as their "father" . . . children are not money you lend that you can borrow back when times are hard for you . . .it's unfortunate for him but one must really consider the consequences of dispensing their own fertility. . .

(1) (Reply)

The Ballads Of Heartbreak / Imagine / Difference Between A Girl And A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.