Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:26 AM

Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime (25403 Views)

Fire Incident At Zenith Bank’s Primary Data Centre Is Causing A Network Downtime / Zenith Bank Commissions Christmas Lighting Decoration In Victoria Island - Pics / Zenith Bank Overtakes First Bank As The Largest Bank In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:37am On May 04, 2023
nlfpmod:

Source: https://techcabal.com/2023/05/03/zenith-bank-downtime/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Oga CBN don take action

New Law in Nigeria should be death penalty for data center or financial department ever catch fire
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by Jakumo(m): 8:53am On May 04, 2023
MondayOsunbor:

Oga CBN don take action

New Law in Nigeria should be death penalty for data center or financial department ever catch fire

Sensible Zenith customers will quickly empty their accounts because this "fire" incident is a sure indication of a distressed bank. Better to vacate that sinking boat before it goes under with your money still stuck aboard.
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by ManirBK: 8:59am On May 04, 2023
Smokeybrain:
I just did transactions with my mobile app. They are back online now
are you sure they are back
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by CartelKenneth: 9:40am On May 04, 2023
cucumbar:
how can you compare zenith to GTB? Zenith is zenith for a reason.

Reason being failed transactions and useless banking services abi

The bank is dead

GTB Sits on the throne now
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by colossus91(m): 9:43am On May 04, 2023
Sltp:
What is cloud? Cloud is also physical computers. If you have a good engineering term, you don't need cloud as you can follow the best practices of all the big cloud providers and prevent single point of failure. And which cloud providers have data centers close to Nigeria? 90% or more of Zenith services are to people in Nigeria, and it's a good practice to have close proximity to your servers

I don’t think it is 90% and this bank uses archaic back up method, saying this cos I know their backup is majorly not automated.
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by Larry1960: 10:07am On May 04, 2023
Useless bank I've not been able to make transactions up till this moment. I regrett banking with zenith bank
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by kelspinall(m): 10:55am On May 04, 2023
everytime service wahala
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by colossus91(m): 11:20am On Jun 21, 2023
Sltp:
What is cloud? Cloud is also physical computers. If you have a good engineering term, you don't need cloud as you can follow the best practices of all the big cloud providers and prevent single point of failure. And which cloud providers have data centers close to Nigeria? 90% or more of Zenith services are to people in Nigeria, and it's a good practice to have close proximity to your servers
. Hmm well that’s a point too but then again the reason big cloud companies exist is cos organization prefer shifting that responsibility to them than beating the cost of maintenance and all that but most banks have their data center

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

From Next Month, Nigeria Would Have No Need To Import Petrol - Dangote / Mile 12 Market Comes Back To Life After Deadly Tribal Clash / I Have N15,000 To Invest. How Do I Go About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.