Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. (1400 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Ayodele’s New Prophesies - “boko Haram Won’t Be Defeated Now”; (SEE OTHERS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 24, 2011
The powerful name of Jesus just cost this guy his life because he had faith. Tragic example how superstitious bs can take the place of common sense and get you killed.

http://www.cantonrep.com/carousel/x438808575/Jackson-man-shot-to-death-at-Bible-study-in-Canton

“In the name of Jesus, your gun won’t fire,” Settle repeated several times.
But it did.
Now the 22-year-old Jackson Township man is dead, and police are looking for his killer.

A STRONG FAITH
The whole Bible study sat at the hospital all night praying,” said Settle’s father, Dale Settle Sr.
The young man died in surgery at 5:55 a.m. Friday, said Harry Campbell, chief investigator with the Stark County Coroner’s Office. An autopsy was scheduled for later in the day.

Not to make light of a tragedy but maybe jesus and his daddy were taking a break from human problems and playing nintendo wii. That's why the gun fired and god just ignored their all night prayers. Or maybe it's just GOD's WILL.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by Joagbaje(m): 12:46am On Sep 25, 2011
Martian:

Not to make light of a tragedy but maybe jesus and his daddy were taking a break from human problems and playing nintendo wii. That's why the gun fired and god just ignored their all night prayers. Or maybe it's just GOD's WILL.

The problem of faith is not on Gods part.it is on mans. Part. Others have done theasame thing but have different result. For some , the armed robbers fell under the power of God eventually gave their hearts to the lord
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2011
Joagbaje:

The problem of faith is not on Gods part.it is on mans. Part. Others have done theasame thing but have different result. For some , the armed robbers fell under the power of God eventually gave their hearts to the lord

So a guy facing a loaded gun and using jesus' name as a shield doesn't have enough faith

I prefer my explanation that they were playing nintendo wii.
God bless (if he isn't busy playing Madden of Fifa 12)
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2011
this is a classic example of stupidity by the deceased. im not sure faith would work in such a daring attempting. its like saying i have faith and u decide to drive a car to the express or highway without functioning brake system. thats BS. I have found my self in such situations and i used my brain and not faith. faith works but not in cases of a deliberately daring mumu's case like this
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2011
toba:

this is a classic example of stupidity by the deceased. im not sure faith would work in such a daring attempting. its like saying i have faith and u decide to drive a car to the express or highway without functioning brake system. thats BS. I have found my self in such situations and i used my brain and not faith. faith works but not in cases of a deliberately daring mumu's case like this
Always looking for your post whenever these Godless people wanted 2 CONFUSED me.
your number 1 FAN.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2011
zameen:

Always looking for your post whenever these Godless people wanted 2 CONFUSED me.
your number 1 FAN.
lol. me sef i dey learn ooo.

anyway we thank God for everything. cheesy
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by harakiri(m): 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2011
What happened here? I thought the blood of jebus/jesus is supposed to cover his followers. Perhaps the blood has run out and isn't enough to cover 6 billion people on the planet. Well, the inconsistent bible says "do not thy god" and the same hypocritical book says "test the spirits". Same $hitty book says "ye shall tread upon scorpions and ye shall drink poison and not die!". I'm off to drink a bottle of poison. It's time to put the Yahweh god to the test (even though he only cares about the israelites and doesn't give a $hit about Africans). Brb. I'll be back.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by IdiAmin2(m): 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2011
Martian:

So a guy facing a loaded gun and using jesus' name as a shield doesn't have enough faith

I prefer my explanation that they were playing nintendo wii.
God bless (if he isn't busy playing Madden of Fifa 12)

The whole christianity / Jesus indoctrination is a mental illness and people need to be checked into hospital to cure them. Poor guy, calling the name of his imaginary friend jesus to save him, not knowing that jesus is a creation of his imagination based on eurocentric theological programming. Anyway, that aside, may his soul rest in peace.

@Martian: how jesus go dey play fifa12. Abeg na Pro evolution 2012, and definetely not on Wii, when there is Kinect on Xbox360 grin
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by IdiAmin2(m): 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2011
harakiri:

What happened here? I thought the blood of jebus/jesus is supposed to cover his followers. Perhaps the blood has run out and isn't enough to cover 6 billion people on the planet. Well, the inconsistent bible says "do not thy god" and the same hypocritical book says "test the spirits". Same $hitty book says "ye shall tread upon scorpions and ye shall drink poison and not die!". I'm off to drink a bottle of poison. It's time to put the Yahweh god to the test (even though he only cares about the israelites and doesn't give a $hit about Africans). Brb. I'll be back.

R.I.P lipsrsealed
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2011
toba:

Or maybe you used your brain because you know faith doesn't actually mean @#$%! If it doesn't work when your life is in danger, when does it work?
And the name calling?! You people complain when your beliefs are called silly and here you're calling a "youth pastor" a mumu for exercising his faith!!! The hypocrisy is mind boggling at times!

zameen:

your number 1 FAN.

lol, no one is trying to confuse you! What you believe in, is the definition of confusion. Just like the confused guy who thought the name of jesus could stop a bullet.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2011
Idi-Amin:

@Martian: how jesus go dey play fifa12. Abeg na Pro evolution 2012, and definetely not on Wii, when there is Kinect on Xbox360 grin

C'mon Man!!!! You know FIFA on PS3 beats anything. Anything!!! Dude, Ask Jesus!!!
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2011
harakiri:

I'm off to drink a bottle of poison. It's time to put the Yahweh god to the test (even though he only cares about the israelites and doesn't give a $hit about Africans). Brb. I'll be back.

You're doing it wrong. You need to grab someone like Joagbaje or Toba and give them the poison to drink. If Jo can raise the dead, he can chug poison and live. I'll gladly pay $1000 to watch (yes i have an offbeat sense of humour) without medical personnel present. And we have to be at least 50 miles away from a hospital. I wonder if they would use their brains in that situation or their pwoerful name of jesus.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2011
toba:

Joagbaje:

17:17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
17:18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
17:19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

zameen:

your number 1 FAN.

Still confused?
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by harakiri(m): 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2011
Don't worry about Toba. He is too lilly livered to dare such and he'll be quick to quote "thou shalt not put thy god to the test". Our church fund thieving millionaire by the name Joseph Agbaje would agree to do it PROVIDED his "people" bring the poison. We all know how that goes : He sips a glass of Alumo bitters, blinks his eyes like something is happening to him and exclaims "The god of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob lives then,now and forever more" and that's when I bring out my baseball bat and wack his forehead till it comes from behind.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. by IdiAmin2(m): 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2011
Martian:

C'mon Man!!!! You know FIFA on PS3 beats anything. Anything!!! Dude, Ask Jesus!!!

Omo, no dey fall my hand abeg. Me na Pro-evolution man, na Pro Evolution all the moves dey abeg, I dey tap am on Xbox now as I dey this forum.

If you want realistic football, try jesus Pro -Evolution grin

(1) (Reply)

The Endtime Is Nearer Than You Think - Are You Saved / Should Marriage Be Based On Seeing Vision And Dreams? / Sermon Jotters: 50 Awesome Characteristics Of Our God {part 2}-dr. D.k Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.