Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Paying Back Debts, Loans, Money? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Paying Back Debts, Loans, Money? (1611 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? / What The Bible Say About Sports! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Paying Back Debts, Loans, Money? by justhappy: 2:18am On Sep 25, 2011
Greetings!

Are there specific biblical teachings about paying back money that one has borrowed?  What are the repercussions if this money is not repaid? 

I ask because I loaned some money to a close friend who is a Christian and she refuses to pay it back.  I have noticed that she behaves the same way with her school loans, credit card bills, and car loan, which are all either in default or late payments.  I do not know how this is Christian behavior.

I am wondering if the bible speaks to this type of behavior.  I am not saying that this is true across the board, but I have found some Christians that I have come across to start behaving in unchristian ways when it comes to paying back debt.  Are there any thoughts on or explanations of this?  What does the bible say?

(1) (Reply)

Atheist Phobia / What Happened To Manmuswac? / The Origin Of The Trinity: From Paganism To Constantine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.