Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,512 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:05 PM

Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 (1151 Views)

How Does One Calculate Fuel Consumption Based On Distance Covered By A Vehicle?? / How To Calculate Fuel Consumption In Your Car Using Innoson G5 As A Case-study / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by peretei2024(m): 5:39am On May 06, 2023
I got this Toyota Camry 2004 from a neighbor and it's been consuming fuel as if nah the car but am for me. I have done scan in it and had replaced virtually all the censor detected by the machine yet the car kept consuming fuel

Please what should I do ? Anytime am driving,I will be perceiving some kind of smell.

A mechanic told me it's the manifold that is leaking somewhere, though my mechanic hasn't work on that

Please advice me on what to do

Thank you
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by fineboynl(m): 6:50am On May 06, 2023
peretei2024:
I got this Toyota Camry 2004 from a neighbor and it's been consuming fuel as if nah the car but am for me. I have done scan in it and had replaced virtually all the censor detected by the machine yet the car kept consuming fuel

Please what should I do ? Anytime am driving,I will be perceiving some kind of smell.

A mechanic told me it's the manifold that is leaking somewhere, though my mechanic hasn't work on that

Thank you
first check on the manifold.
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by boldx(m): 8:06am On May 06, 2023
What size of tyres do you use? What did your scan results say?

I use exactly the same car and the fuel consumption is very good. I bought it from someone too. Are you in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by dicksonadams(m): 10:02am On May 06, 2023
boldx:

I use exactly the same car and the fuel consumption is very good. I bought it from someone too. Are you in Abuja?

checkout kingreign, he is in Abuja, and the brother is good

1 Like

Re: Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by Angrygoat: 12:48pm On May 06, 2023
Catalyst dey or not.is radiator fan on direct when ignition is on,is the thermostat. Is 02 sensor good,air flow sensor,original iridium sparkplug, original fuel pump,non blocked nozzles.
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by Dozieson(m): 7:42pm On May 06, 2023
peretei2024:

Thank you

How many liters does it consume per 10km? We need to measure and understand what you mean.
I use Camry 2005 and consume 6liters for 60km drive everyday to and from work

Again, share scan results let us analyse it here

1 Like

Re: Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by peretei2024(m): 9:47pm On May 06, 2023
[quote author=Dozieson post=122973120]

How many liters does it consume per 10km? We need to measure and understand what you mean.
I use Camry 2005 and consume 6liters for 60km e scan results let us analyse it he

I will hwv to scan it again so I can forward the result here

Thanks
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by peretei2024(m): 8:38am On May 08, 2023
boldx:

No am in Lagos. Please do you have anyone in Lagos that can handle this for me?

Thank you
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by boldx(m): 9:20pm On May 08, 2023
peretei2024:

No am in Lagos. Please do you have anyone in Lagos that can handle this for me?

Thank you
what size of tyres do you use?
205-65-15?
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by peretei2024(m): 1:08am On May 10, 2023
boldx:
205-65-15?

205/65
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by peretei2024(m): 8:24am On May 10, 2023
boldx:
205-65-15?

Yes
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by vivalavida(m): 9:20am On May 10, 2023
Dozieson:

I use Camry 2005 and consume 6liters for 60km drive everyday to and from work

Again, share scan results let us analyse it here

Does this 60km include traffic?
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues With My Toyota Camry 2004 by Dozieson(m): 9:37am On May 10, 2023
vivalavida:

Does this 60km include traffic?

slight traffic. If you understand abuja, it is from Arab road kubwa to Wuse 2

to: 7am
fro: 5:30pm

(1) (Reply)

Why Are There Too Many Audi 80 With Auto Gear On Sale These Days / My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!! / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By A Nigerian Guy Ahmadu Ibrahim(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.