Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,114 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom (1206 Views)

King & Queen Of Netherlands Take Stunning Pics Infront Of SA's Purple Trees -PIX / Did King Charles Ignore A Handshake From A Black Man In Viral Video? / Donald Trump Mocked In United Kingdom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Yhemzie(m): 3:10am On May 07, 2023
I have little knowledge about how the monarch system works in the United Kingdom. Out of my curiosity, I would like to know if ever possible for a black to become either a king/queen in United Kingdom just like the way Obama served as the President of US.
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Nobody: 3:16am On May 07, 2023
It's hereditary na! No be vote. If Dem get black and em reach em turn, why not? 🤷‍♂️

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Yhemzie(m): 3:33am On May 07, 2023
Alright, it's like a lineage thing.
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by etrange: 3:39am On May 07, 2023
OP, you want to contest? Lol.

Like someone has already answered, it's hereditary monarchy. While it's possible for a person of color to become a king/queen, it's very unlikely that would happen.
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by tunwumi: 3:39am On May 07, 2023
Royal family is very careful of mix race. If you marry out of the lay down raise, you will be ostracized. Just like it played out recently.

It will take another century for a mixed race king to arrived

Yhemzie:
I have little knowledge about how the monarch system works in the United Kingdom. Out of my curiosity, I would like to know if ever possible for a black to become either a king/queen in United Kingdom just like the way Obama served as the President of US.
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by thesicilian: 3:45am On May 07, 2023
tunwumi:
Royal family is very careful of mix race. If you marry out of the lay down raise, you will be ostracized. Just like it played out recently.

It will take another century for a mixed race king to arrived

But it will still happen, no matter how they try to fight it. One day a heir to the throne will stubbornly marry a black and give birth to a black heir, and no amount of denial will stop the ascension to the throne.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by abhosts(m): 3:53am On May 07, 2023
Lol. That would happen when a white man can become Ooni of Ife or Obi of Onitsha.

8 Likes

Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Akungitit: 3:54am On May 07, 2023
Same way someone from the South East can never be the president of Nigeria, no black can be the king or Queen of England.
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by otipoju(m): 5:11am On May 07, 2023
Why would a man want to be King in a land that is not his and over a people that are not his kin.

6 Likes

Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by BloomingDale(f): 5:24am On May 07, 2023
Yhemzie:

The Monarchy was initially black till they use your lust for white women to overthrow you with their half breed kids.

They will soon use that same technique in Africa, especially on the elites since you African men like having kids with them.

After your half breed kids inherit your land, they will breed with more white people, and your grandchildren and great grandchildren will be full Oyinbo with all the titles to your land in Africa, and then the real oppression will start. Africa is the last frontier. You guys are going to be at the bottom soon like everywhere else.
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Ever8090: 5:28am On May 07, 2023
People dey ask stupid questions Shaa...

1 Like

Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Nobody: 6:12am On May 07, 2023
Akungitit:
Same way someone from the South East can never be the president of Nigeria, no black can be the king or Queen of England.

You woke up to dish out vawulence this morning.

Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by MetaPhysical: 6:20am On May 07, 2023
thesicilian:

But it will still happen, no matter how they try to fight it. One day a heir to the throne will stubbornly marry a black and give birth to a black heir, and no amount of denial will stop the ascension to the throne.

Not quite.

Before you look at color, first look at pedigree.

The heir to throne of England will also be Head of the Church, as well Head of the Dominions of England, Scotland and Wales.

Even among white race, there are no go areas for the heir to throne. If he or she violates that code there are alternatives for next step.

1. Abdicate and go on exile
2. Die mysteriously

The topic of a heir to throne marrying a black person is too far outside the variables to even consider for analysis. Just drop it.

10 Likes

Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by muykem: 6:22am On May 07, 2023
Can Anambra man becomes Oba of Benin?
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Penguin2: 6:23am On May 07, 2023
Yhemzie:

Can a Briton ever become the Emir of Kano or the Ooni of Ife?💁

2 Likes

Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by othermen: 6:26am On May 07, 2023
Yes. Increasingly, the British throne is not averse to diversifying its descent. While, as at now, the possibility is that of a mixed race, and not a person with full African ancestry. In generations to come, a black person can emerge.

If the firstborn of Prince William, Prince of Wales marries a black person. Prince George is second in line to the throne, his firstborn surely will be king. But the firstborn will be a mixed race. Obama is a mixed race; if he is black enough for you, then substitute ‘mixed race’ with ‘black person’.

To those referring to ‘ostracism’ - Harry would not be king and this is no predicated on any decision he has made. He is not the first born Prince, there was already Prince William and his children. Except, by some unfortunate means, such as the event where they all perish (if we live in the seven kingdom of Westeros ‘Game of thrones’, this is a distinct possibility) or become ineligible ( either by renouncing their claim or converting to a faith that is incompatible with being the British monarch. Then Harry would be and then Prince Archie, who have got Meghan in him, would be king.

Parliament also has power to change the law of succession, this could make Prince Archie emerge. ( This is possible, but highly unlikely, because it will be extraordinarily strange)

1 Like

Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Nobody: 6:34am On May 07, 2023
Yhemzie:

Can a white be the ooni of ife?

1 Like

Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Parachoko: 6:36am On May 07, 2023
Yhemzie:
Can a Tiv Man become the King of Lagos?
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by orisa37: 7:35am On May 07, 2023
IT SEEMS LIKE GB IS NOT GIVING OFF THAT HOPE.
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by TruthHurts1(m): 7:35am On May 07, 2023
These kinds of questions show just how backward Nigeria's educational system is. It's like being stupid enough to ask if an Igbo man will ever become the Sultan of Sokoto.

Yhemzie:
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by MetaPhysical: 7:46am On May 07, 2023
othermen:
Yes. Increasingly, the British throne is not averse to diversifying its descent. While, as at now, the possibility is that of a mixed race, and not a person with full African ancestry. In generations to come, a black person can emerge.

If the firstborn of Prince William, Prince of Wales marries a black person. Prince George is second in line to the throne, his firstborn surely will be king. But the firstborn will be a mixed race. Obama is a mixed race; if he is black enough for you, then substitute ‘mixed race’ with ‘black person’.

To those referring to ‘ostracism’ - Harry would not be king and this is no predicated on any decision he has made. He is not the first born Prince, there was already Prince William and his children. Except, by some unfortunate means, such as the event where they all perish (if we live in the seven kingdom of Westeros ‘Game of thrones’, this is a distinct possibility) or become ineligible ( either by renouncing their claim or converting to a faith that is incompatible with being the British monarch. Then Harry would be and then Prince Archie, who have got Meghan in him, would be king.

Parliament also has power to change the law of succession, this could make Prince Archie emerge. ( This is possible, but highly unlikely, because it will be extraordinarily strange)

You listed variables within certain precepts that are one or two steps removed from the eligibility and you excluded their acceptability.

Considerations for you -
1. Blacks have been bishops in the Anglican faith but will a black person ever be the Bishop of Canterbury?

2. Will a black person ever be accepted as Head of Scotland, or Wales?

3. Will European monarchies accept a black person in their fold?

These considerations are packaged into the functions and roles of a British monarch.
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by samwash(m): 8:42am On May 07, 2023
Black's !!! Especially Nigerians, why una too get "entitlement mentality"?

1 Like

Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by tunwumi: 8:45am On May 07, 2023
Though not made official, once you married outside the race you will be taken down the line heritage. That's what happen when you have a system the product will always be same and standard will be maintained.

thesicilian:

Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Nobody: 10:03am On May 07, 2023
All those saying the British royals are willing to diversify their decent are liars. The British royals are the biggest racist in this world and they are still proud of the way their ancestors killed ours.

The one sure thing is that any half cast who ends up in the British monarchy will not have a good life with his family members who will see him as a mistake or a curiosity.

For the person asking the stupid question and for those answering "can white man become Oni of Ife?". You are both stupid. The British monarchy is based in primogeniture so to become the king, you need to be the first son of the current king and not be disowned by the current king. The Ife thing is different, I really don't understand what laws it follows, I think some native doctors say who can be Oni of Ife and they select him from a few families whom all claim to descend from a fictional character in a story meant for kids.
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Nobody: 10:05am On May 07, 2023
Charles doesn't look like a very bad guy. But his family and people are still proud of colonialism, that is disgusting to me.
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Sevenworldpower(m): 12:23pm On May 07, 2023
abhosts:
Lol. That would happen when a white man can become Ooni of Ife or Obi of Onitsha.

Exactly. Or Yoruba man becomes emir of kano. Or igbo man becomes Alaafin of Oyo.
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by rex444(m): 12:47pm On May 07, 2023
Wey that one wey dey call her/himsef dutchess of England?? Who nose Lol
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Yhemzie(m): 1:12pm On May 07, 2023
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Yhemzie(m): 1:14pm On May 07, 2023
TruthHurts1:

These kinds of questions show just how backward Nigeria's educational system is. It's like being stupid enough to ask if an Igbo man will ever become the Sultan of Sokoto.

It's always good to learn how to respond to people's questions in calm and friendly manner, even if the question sounds stupid to you. Don't forget everyone isn't at the same level of intelligence.
Re: Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom by Yhemzie(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2023
samwash:
Black's !!! Especially Nigerians, why una too get "entitlement mentality"?
Not that kind of blacks bro, I mean mixed race/half caste.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iraq Party: Punish US. Soldier Who Shot At The Q'uran / Woman Publicly Flogged By Policemen In Sudan For Wearing Trousers / The World Cheers As The Cia Plunges Libya Into Chaos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.