Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,538 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

How To Watch A Movie In 3min - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How To Watch A Movie In 3min (1723 Views)

Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? / Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Watch A Movie In 3min by Maximip(m): 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2011
If you ever want to know what happens in a movie but don't have the 1-2hrs to watch
it. Just read it up on wikipedia or IMDB.

If its an action movie, you may not get much otherwise you'll get enough information to
render watching the movie useless.

A bunch of websites try to tell you the story while leaving the juiciest parts for you to find
out when you watch the movie but not some others

Do you still feel like watching a movie after reading the plot online?

For example, one of my favorite movies this year.

Limitless starring Bradley Cooper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limitless

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219289/synopsis

Read and tell me if you still wanna watch it.
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by Jayboy124: 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2011
It even makes me wanna see a movie more. Most times when I have more than a film and no preference, usually check it out online and then select one from what I've read online.

Remember, there are some stuff these sites don't write about.
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by iice(f): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2011
For a minute i was like, did i watch limitless? grin 
Anyway, i'm not solely interested in the story of a movie. Even if i know what it's about. . .i'm interested in a lot of things besides how the movie plays out.
And sometimes like Jayboy124 said, if i don't have a preference, i check out reviews to guide me away from rubbish movies.  Those Uwe Boll movies you know angry angry
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by Jayboy124: 10:36am On Sep 26, 2011
I forgot to mention (500) Days of Summer which I had to watch because all the stuff I read online. As it turned out, all the stuff I read didn't get close to describing what I watched. Fantastic film.
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by Maximip(m): 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2011
Jayboy124:

I forgot to mention (500) Days of Summer which I had to watch because all the stuff I read online. As it turned out, all the stuff I read didn't get close to describing what I watched. Fantastic film.

But don't you think reading it first before watching the movie takes away some kind of excitement when watching it.

iice:

For a minute i was like, did i watch limitless? grin 
Anyway, i'm not solely interested in the story of a movie. Even if i know what it's about. . .i'm interested in a lot of things besides how the movie plays out.
And sometimes like Jayboy124 said, if i don't have a preference, i check out reviews to guide me away from rubbish movies.  Those Uwe Boll movies you know angry angry

well, you can't be bothered much then if you're not interested in the story. I guess I like surprises.

I stay away from the reviews. I just look at the score on IMDB and rottentomatoes
anything above 7.0 or 80% is most likely a good movie, provided I like the genre of the movie.
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by iice(f): 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2011
Maximip:

well, you can't be bothered much then if you're not interested in the story. I guess I like surprises.

I stay away from the reviews. I just look at the score on IMDB and rottentomatoes
anything above 7.0 or 80% is most likely a good movie, provided I like the genre of the movie.

Lol there are still surprises. Like the movie 'Valhalla Rising'. . .a bit hard to understand. I loved the cinematography, but the story get as e be. No much talking sef in the movie.

I stay away from rottentomatoes. Most movies that score high are documentaries and i don't really watch those.
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by Bawss1(m): 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2011
Maximip:

But don't you think reading it first before watching the movie takes away some kind of excitement when watching it.

Goodness, that's also my MO. Just get the ratings or score and I'm off - as long as its my type of genre. If I get to know too much about the movie before I see it then I most likely won't even see. That's the same reason I hardly re-watch movies unless it was a really great one. Surprises surprises surprises
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by Maximip(m): 2:41am On Sep 27, 2011
iice:

Lol there are still surprises. Like the movie 'Valhalla Rising'. . .a bit hard to understand. I loved the cinematography, but the story get as e be. No much talking sef in the movie.

I stay away from rottentomatoes. Most movies that score high are documentaries and i don't really watch those.

Valhalla Rising rates low. Never watched it, won't watch it. I remember seeing the first 10min or so, was bored to pieces and never finished it till date. Yet, i won't read what it's about just in case.

If cinematography is very important even without a superb story then you must love "The Hurt Locker" a lot too.

Bawss1:

Goodness, that's also my MO. Just get the ratings or score and I'm off - as long as its my type of genre. If I get to know too much about the movie before I see it then I most likely won't even see. That's the same reason I hardly re-watch movies unless it was a really great one. Surprises surprises surprises

Yeah, it's not easy to re-watch movies these days. There are just too many movies to be watched unless it's a very fantastic movie.
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by iice(f): 4:15am On Sep 28, 2011
Maximip:

If cinematography is very important even without a  superb story then you must love "The Hurt Locker" a lot too.

Lmao! I guess my posts didn't make sense to you grin
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by obinna5000(m): 8:22am On Sep 28, 2011
@iice
I dey fear your assumptions at times.
There are lots of films which are not documentaries with very high scores on Rotten Tomatoes:

- The Breakfast Club (1985)
- Aliens (1988)
- Do the Right Thing (1989)
- The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
- Memento (2000)
- The Dark Knight (2008)
- Iron Man (2008)
- Star Trek (2009)
- Toy Story trilogy
- True Grit (2010)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 (2011)
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy

They are so many. I can't list them all.
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by iice(f): 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2011
Erhhh we all know those are good movies.  No need for rotten tomatoes for that. 
I'm talking about not so popular movies.  Most people have seen those.  Well movie buffs anyway.

When i'm looking for a movie to watch, i don't look for movies everyone knows or has heard of before - with inclinations that it's a really good movie.
That's where their 95% scored documentaries come in.  Besides those artsy obscure movies.
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by obinna5000(m): 7:00am On Oct 01, 2011
@iice
You don't expect me to list every single film with high ratings on RT on this topic just because I want to prove a point.
Your views on the matter are just conjectural and hypothetical.
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by iice(f): 10:16am On Oct 01, 2011
Lmfao grin grin grin  Oh dear lawd.
Well we know what we talk about grin grin

Sorry unlike you humans, i'm not into hypothesis cheesy

BTW, congrats on the improvement lol lol lol
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by obinna5000(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2011
@iice
So, you're a spambot. shocked No wonder. grin
Anyway, You're still hypothetical. cheesy
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by obinna5000(m): 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2011
@iice
Ice Ice baby! cheesy
Re: How To Watch A Movie In 3min by iice(f): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2011
The irony lol

(1) (Reply)

Awesome Fan Made Character Posters Of Will Smith, Tom Hardy For SUICIDE SQUAD / Batman Vs Superman Ending Explained / Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.