Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,204 members, 7,849,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:37 AM

Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! (7109 Views)

Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare / "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams / Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 02, 2011
Ok davidyan. i will find a way around this.
But i have a question, why does religion make all men unequal?
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2011
diluminati:

Ok davidyan. i will find a way around this.
But i have a question, why does religion make all men unequal?

By nature, all men can NEVER be equal. Why dont we all have the same skin color? Why do we have the rich and poor? Why does health indices make all men unequal? Why arent we all the same height, weight and size? Are we all equal in terms of political thought?

The dumb, hypocritical, unthinking nature of many of the anti-religious questions here makes me sick.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by vedaxcool(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2011
@diluminati maybe u need to ask mazaje hw i lectured hm in coherent thinking. U hardly provide a rational basis 4 following u unwise advice, again ur entire pt r mediocre in content and simplistic at best. I urge u to research on state atheism and den tell us wat ur findings r. We need to critically analyse matters before claiming religion. @diluminati maybe u need to ask mazaje hw i lectured hm in coherent thinking. U hardly provide a rational basis 4 following u unwise advice, again ur entire pt r mediocre in content and simplistic at best. I urge u to research on state atheism and den tell us wat ur findings r. We need to critically analyse matters before claiming religion.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2011
davidylan:

By nature, all men can NEVER be equal. Why dont we all have the same skin color? Why do we have the rich and poor? Why does health indices make all men unequal? Why arent we all the same height, weight and size? Are we all equal in terms of political thought?

The dumb, hypocritical, unthinking nature of many of the anti-religious questions here makes me sick.

i was about to say that. well said nvrtheless. cool

all man are equal = myth.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 02, 2011
do you agree that Religion has fueled that inequality?
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 02, 2011
^^

Why do you keep repeating the same thing over and over again

In communist Russia, where Atheism reigned, 5% of the elite still controlled the wealth of the state while the other 95% suffered in poverty.

This is inequality at it's peak !!
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 02, 2011
@frosbel

You know you are a skunk.Permit me.

when i talk about that inequality in real time, you are the sign post. Tell me something else Hypocrite! ah ah
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 02, 2011
^

I am a skunk, thank you  grin

I confess, most of the drivel you write I hardly peruse, only sometimes it is important to bring you back in line with the facts.

Have a blessed sleep.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 02, 2011
@frosbel

i aint joking. you are a skunk for real.

You 'feel' you are the chosen one, while the muslims are pigs? right?
You see a man, flesh and blood,just like you, just because he believes in a different cause he is now a pig to you. thats what religion does, simply put it.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2011
Have a true encounter with Jesus. Give your life to him. Feel peace flowing like rivers of water in your heart. Only then can you judge and decide if truly religion has done more bad than good.

Dont you admire Jesus, the only man without sin. Living for 30 years without a single sin. Tell me. Is that natural? Jesus came to save us all from everlasting death. He died for you and me. Have you ever fallen in love with a lady and she doesn't even respect or given you time to express youself? Have you been complaining about your wife or husband who doesnt respond to your love and care? You know how bad you feel. How much more is Mighty Jesus, who died because of you. In his words'' in this world,, you shall have tribulations. but be of good cheer for i have overcome the world''

the troubles of the world has made religion look bad. Before you judge. Allow the prince of peace to reign in your life.

Jesus is waiting for you. Go on your knees and ask for forgiveness of your sins. Invite him into your life.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by zataxs: 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2011
Posted by: frosbel
Insert Quote
^^

Why do you keep repeating the same thing over and over again Huh

In communist Russia, where Atheism reigned, 5% of the elite still controlled the wealth of the state while the other 95% suffered in poverty.

This is inequality at it's peak !!

IF religion is a Ak-47, Facism and dictatorship is a Mi-6
Both are dangerous and bad.

If I tell you beer is bad, and you say spirits are worse. who said spirits are good? and does beer become good because spirits are also bad?
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by globexl: 2:55am On Oct 04, 2011
newken:

Have a true encounter with Jesus. Give your life to him. Feel peace flowing like rivers of water in your heart. Only then can you judge and decide if truly religion has done more bad than good.

Dont you admire Jesus, the only man without sin. Living for 30 years without a single sin. Tell me. Is that natural? Jesus came to save us all from everlasting death. He died for you and me. Have you ever fallen in love with a lady and she doesn't even respect or given you time to express youself? Have you been complaining about your wife or husband who doesnt respond to your love and care? You know how bad you feel. How much more is Mighty Jesus, who died because of you. In his words'' in this world,, you shall have tribulations. but be of good cheer for i have overcome the world''

the troubles of the world has made religion look bad. Before you judge. Allow the prince of peace to reign in your life.

Jesus is waiting for you. Go on your knees and ask for forgiveness of your sins. Invite him into your life.
And how did you come to the conlusion that he lived without sin? Do you have a complet chronicle of his life from infancy to age 30? Do you?
And what about the disciple of whom it was written in the bible , "The disciple whom Jesus loved".
Who was that unnamed person and what type of special love was that?
And what about his rage and behaviour in the temple when he scattered the merchants in the temple?. Is rage and anger not a sin?
I would love to hear your explanation.
Thank you.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by philip0906(m): 11:08pm On Oct 04, 2011
globexl:

And how did you come to the conlusion that he lived without sin? Do you have a complet chronicle of his life from infancy to age 30? Do you?
And what about the disciple of whom it was written in the bible , "The disciple whom Jesus loved".
Who was that unnamed person and what type of special love was that?
And what about his rage and behaviour in the temple when he scattered the merchants in the temple?. Is rage and anger not a sin?
I would love to hear your explanation.
Thank you.
But u believe the history your teacher teaches u right?u believe in d big ban.g theory u were taught in school right?u were there when it happened right?
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by italo: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2011
I bet globexl was there when the big bang occured.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winners Chapel 21-day Prayer And Fasting 2024 Prayer Points / Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? / Even The Lawful Captive Shall Be Delivered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.