Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? (37262 Views)

HEADIES 2018: Who Deserves The Rookie Of The Year Award? / Tiwa Savage's EP ‘Sugarcane' Tracklist / DJ Xclusive - Pose Ft. Solidstar & Tiwa Savage (official Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by DyshApp: 4:00pm On May 08, 2023
Tiwa Savage, a renowned singer, songwriter, and actress, is one of Africa's biggest music exports. With multiple awards and nominations to her name, she is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after African musicians in the world.

This would mark Tiwa Savage as the first Nigerian musician to Perform at the Coronation of a British Monarch.

Tiwa Savage's song choice has been met with criticism, as many people believe it celebrates British imperialism and the looting of Africa. The lyrics, specifically "You're the Key to the Kingdom," have received particular dislike for suggesting that King Charles has access to the continent's resources to use as he wishes, similar to his ancestors.

The criticism, largely from African-Americans on Twitter, appears to stem from a direct anger towards Tiwa Savage's decision to accept the invitation to perform, rather than solely towards the song itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOe0vsU_vzw

Did her performance call for such criticism

Rate Tiwa Savage performance of Keys to the Kingdom in king Charles's Coronation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by bewla(m): 4:12pm On May 11, 2023
Who

But God punish devil in my life for tow days now no data to celebrate my achievement

Imagine firts FTC of the year

On my daughters idol not role model
And no data to finished this story

Devil shame you TIWA na diva

Any how ogodo must jump

6 Likes

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by IPDGP: 4:12pm On May 11, 2023
Her life her problem

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by bewla(m): 4:12pm On May 11, 2023
S
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Hambivert: 4:12pm On May 11, 2023
A wise man once said, "If nobody has anything to say about you, just know your existence is sparogatively useless".
By the way, no publicity is bad publicity. I personally like the fact that they are criticizing her choice of song, it means they paid attention to listen to the lyrics, which inadvertently means that they listened to her.
It doesn't matter if we speak Pidgin English, Igbo or Yoruba, the world has taken a keen interest in our Music. They are bound to listen to our story. Now, things are just only getting better for Afrobeats!

218 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 11, 2023
You can't please everyone in life. Racists, bullies, jobless people, frustrated people and people of good will are over the internet waiting to comment on next available story. Just read, and pass. Whichever way, she has made millions from it and she felt honoured to be reached out to.
Which ever way, she is a queen and a worthy queen. Anyone that is not happy, should go to court.

124 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by ChatterHouse: 4:13pm On May 11, 2023
She deserves a Grammy award

The only hatred stems from the fact that she LovePeddler herself for the world

Even beggars and tout has seen her towtow yuck
It looks so f...... ugly

Her towtow is not appealing even to the blind

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by obembet(f): 4:13pm On May 11, 2023
One thing I love about her is that she's doesn't care..

God bless Aunty tiwa

121 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 11, 2023
Only God will judge her

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by flexyrule(m): 4:13pm On May 11, 2023
Okay
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by socialmediaman: 4:13pm On May 11, 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Kayceesgold(m): 4:13pm On May 11, 2023
wotoporously
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by N3TRAL: 4:13pm On May 11, 2023
I no fit criticize who show me free coochie.

But, I think people do not criticize Tiwa savage for her music but her life outside music especially her sexual and romantic life.

She be nymphomaniac. Tossed around the industry by small boys. Spits

I rated her lowly when she mocked Seyi Shay for her skin and not having a child.

Can never be my 👑 Genevieve Nnaji.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Samajogs: 4:13pm On May 11, 2023
Go on girl...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Edoziesmart(m): 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
priceactionx:
You can't please everyone in life. Racists, bullies, jobless people, frustrated people and people of good will are over the internet waiting to comment on next available story. Just read, and pass. Whichever way, she has made millions from it and she felt honoured to be reached out to.
Which ever way, she is a queen and a worthy queen. Anyone that is not happy, should go to court.

You are right. She is there for business and cashout massively through the event. Criticism should start coming as long as she don't care about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by theophorus(m): 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
If they can hate Buhari and call him jubrin.
If they can hate Oshibajo and call him different names until Tinubu win APC primaries.
If they can hate Tinubu and start digging his past and even Photoshop him present.

If they can hate the USA and be hoping that Russia will destroy her.

Listen carefully, nobody really like you once you seem more successful than dem, their prayer be make you fall.

Worst, na people wen be say na Hatred full their mind, but the good thing is just 'Ignore their rant' and do your thing.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by BigBen23(m): 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
DyshApp:
Tiwa Savage, a renowned singer, songwriter, and actress, is one of Africa's biggest music exports. With multiple awards and nominations to her name, she is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after African musicians in the world.

This would mark Tiwa Savage as the first Nigerian musician to Perform at the Coronation of a British Monarch.

Tiwa Savage's song choice has been met with criticism, as many people believe it celebrates British imperialism and the looting of Africa. The lyrics, specifically "You're the Key to the Kingdom," have received particular dislike for suggesting that King Charles has access to the continent's resources to use as he wishes, similar to his ancestors.

The criticism, largely from African-Americans on Twitter, appears to stem from a direct anger towards Tiwa Savage's decision to accept the invitation to perform, rather than solely towards the song itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOe0vsU_vzw

Did her performance call for such criticism

Rate Tiwa Savage performance of Keys to the Kingdom in king Charles's Coronation.

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Fidelismaria: 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
I dey come
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by kemax11: 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
That's her own she did well

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by goodlistener: 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
Please who can save a life with any amount, I am in deep need pls, 3039131233 first bank. God bless

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by ceejayluv(m): 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
She don get alert.... Critics can go to blazes.

11 Likes

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by shonepa(m): 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
Which criticism? BAD BELLE...... Its allowed!
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by tommy589(m): 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
Criticize or not she has collected whatever reward that comes with her performance

4 Likes

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
NO, in capital letters! Tiwa is a Queen in her own right. I was really scared a Royal bachelor might elope with her after the Coronation! Thank God she returned home in one piece.

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by AZControversial(m): 4:15pm On May 11, 2023
sad

As a celeb, your choice of words in public events are a great deal. Coz like it or not, you've attained some level of influence.

Yes. Give honour to whom it's due. But also remember, you're a voice for certain people.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Staphylococcus: 4:15pm On May 11, 2023
I don’t know when it became a crime to celebrate our slave masters.

Many artiste turned down the invitation, and she was available, coupled with the cash that comes with it

8 Likes

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by illicit(m): 4:15pm On May 11, 2023
Criticism from every Tom, DICK and Harry

shocked

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by seanwilliam(m): 4:15pm On May 11, 2023
Hmm
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Kemadealadire(f): 4:16pm On May 11, 2023
Here to occupy space but this tattoo isn't it.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by AloyalNigerian(m): 4:16pm On May 11, 2023
That was a spectacular performance IMO
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Mayeldah(m): 4:16pm On May 11, 2023
Na jobless people dey criticize her

Did she mention any kingdom? is Africa a Kingdom?

if there should be any suggestion, I guess she is referring to the British Kingdom ruled by a King.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by abobote: 4:16pm On May 11, 2023
Mouth must talk

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance / Mob Piru Bloods' Wardell Fouse Murdered The NOTORIOUS BIG / Naira Marley To Shoot COVID-19 Musical Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.