Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 (39331 Views)

What Is The Current Price Of One Basket Of Tomatoes Up-north / Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 / A Basket Of Tomato Is 150naira In This Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Maryam1234(f): 8:09am On May 13, 2023
Moneyboyz:
I planted tomatoes and everything died, tomatoes that were healthy with flowers died, I think it has something to do with the weather and I'm not the only one affected, hence the sudden price increase of tomatoes.

Tomatoes thrives well in Tropic Savanna.No too much rain no too much dryness as typical of Jos And Zaria.If you can cultivate your tomato in any of these two locations I bet you will become the happiest farmer ever liveth.

Ignore the guy that says he can do without tomato,him never Chee chum chin grin

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by ManXxx: 8:24am On May 13, 2023
Flick490:
God, the inflation is a hyper kind of. Same basket used to be #350 some years back, not too long.
I'm already tired with life. Survival is too expensive, no one to call for help. If u commit suicide now, they will say u have sinned and that you're a weakling. We Hussle day and night, we don't even sleep. As I write this, I Hussle like a wounded lion looking for money but times are just too hard. I want to go to bed, sleep and never wake up. I don't want to use my hand to do this. I'm tired and God knows
things hard true true o

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by ManXxx: 8:25am On May 13, 2023
vastolord4:
Switch to carrot or vegetable stew..
the carrot sef is no longer cheap
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Flick490(m): 8:30am On May 13, 2023
apache22b:
Pls πŸ™ kindly DM me your account details, i take God πŸ™ beg you.... Pls do it As quickly as you can ...

Check PM Sir. Thanks
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by maisauki: 8:40am On May 13, 2023
jumper524:
Fake as Bleep news.
On top say tomato no get replacement ni?
Chairman, I'm currently in Danja, headquarters of tomatoes in Nigeria, to get tomatoes. I can tell you for free that it's not easy.
1. The season is going to an end
2. Tomatoes ebola virus whatever
3. I agreed with a farmer just yesternight on a price. As I'll get back this morning, he's added 3k on each basket
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Johnn74: 8:42am On May 13, 2023
embarassed
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by ufuosman(m): 8:48am On May 13, 2023
jumper524:
Fake as Bleep news.
wetin fake dere? Enter market make you see tomatoes πŸ… prices
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by ufuosman(m): 8:51am On May 13, 2023
Benki003:
Cost of living is scary high and going higher day by day πŸ’‹
I swr and is really telling on many
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by ufuosman(m): 8:52am On May 13, 2023
For na stew go dey pending or beta I go use tin 😜
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by itsene: 9:20am On May 13, 2023
It's a great opportunity to be a tomato farmer.

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Atllanta: 9:25am On May 13, 2023
capless!!
b4 u nor fit count tomatoes 5h but enter market today. Inflation b rat mk dem pour pour rat Poison
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Mogajunior(m): 9:33am On May 13, 2023
Flick490:
God, the inflation is a hyper kind of. Same basket used to be #350 some years back, not too long.
I'm already tired with life. Survival is too expensive, no one to call for help. If u commit suicide now, they will say u have sinned and that you're a weakling. We Hussle day and night, we don't even sleep. As I write this, I Hussle like a wounded lion looking for money but times are just too hard. I want to go to bed, sleep and never wake up. I don't want to use my hand to do this. I'm tired and God knows
Keep striving and always be optimistic. The best is yet to come.
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by SULBELL(m): 9:36am On May 13, 2023
Wasky101:

What is Nigeria's own in all of this, this is a seasonal vegetable and its out of season. This thing happens every year but u lots fail to plan for it nd quick to shout Nigeria.
I bought 2 baskets for 4k5 from Jos in March.
Tomatoes, pepper, onions cost me 16k plus 6k transportation cost.
I don't have any business with Tomatoes buying till November

Please, how do you preserve the tomatoes to make them last longer and still remain fresh?
The first time I bought a basket and refrigerated it, It got frozen and after defrosting it, the taste and look weren't something I like.
But if left without refrigerating it rotted away in less than a week.

Kindly share the best way to preserve it and still maintain the freshness.

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by rezzy: 9:47am On May 13, 2023
jumper524:
Fake as Bleep news.

Very true o
It was 46k last weekend
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Flick490(m): 10:19am On May 13, 2023
Mogajunior:
Keep striving and always be optimistic. The best is yet to come.

I'm not cut out for motivational talks now pls
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Bigchristo: 10:21am On May 13, 2023
Maryam1234:

It's available in the North na oya ring 07068255790 I can get you truckload of dry Derica UTC tomatoes.I bet you can't finish one bag of tomato In a year I can beat my chest grin
This one come be like Tatashe πŸ˜‚, I have seen it before make you nor go use pepper 🌢️ kee person πŸ˜‚
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by nimeche: 10:32am On May 13, 2023
Too expensive. Government should step in.
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by MrBanner(m): 10:39am On May 13, 2023
apache22b:
Pls πŸ™ kindly DM me your account details, i take God πŸ™ beg you.... Pls do it As quickly as you can ...

That guy is a notorious scammer on nairaland, don't send him any moneyb
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Maryam1234(f): 10:54am On May 13, 2023
Bigchristo:
This one come be like Tatashe πŸ˜‚, I have seen it before make you nor go use pepper 🌢️ kee person πŸ˜‚
Are you being sarcastic or you're kidding,you mean you don't believe there's anything like dry tomatoes.Jesu Christy......
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Maryam1234(f): 10:57am On May 13, 2023
Bigchristo:
Let me school you a little.

Everything you can get in fresh vegetables is also available in dry format:
Tomato
Tatase
Chili
Shombo
Okra
Cabbage
Leek
Onion
Betroot
Garlic
Turmeric
Ginger
Pumpkin
And the list goes on and on

Don't thank me charlie if you're not informed you will be deformed grin
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by iyaamoke: 12:23pm On May 13, 2023
Flick490:

Don't be overwhelmed. Somehow, we will pull through. Why don't you take a day at a time. Don't take tomorrow into cognisance just yet. Take a step at a time. Eat what you get to survive. Don't take up much more than you can bear. Don't go near you can't afford. You will be better eventually
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Flick490(m): 12:43pm On May 13, 2023
iyaamoke:

Don't be overwhelmed. Somehow, we will pull through. Why don't you take a day at a time. Don't take tomorrow into cognisance just yet. Take a step at a time. Eat what you get to survive. Don't take up much more than you can bear. Don't go near you can't afford. You will be better eventually

Thanks
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:09pm On May 13, 2023
For north, no problems; we dey enjoy tomatoes.
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Bigchristo: 2:08pm On May 13, 2023
Maryam1234:

Let me school you a little.

Everything you can get in fresh vegetables is also available in dry format:
Tomato
Tatase
Chili
Shombo
Okra
Cabbage
Leek
Onion
Betroot
Garlic
Turmeric
Ginger
Pumpkin
And the list goes on and on

Don't thank me charlie if you're not informed you will be deformed grin
You’re making lots of sense but I nor too dey gbadun dry things most especially tomatoes n Pumpkin leaves I like them fresh
I do go to mall here n get fresh tomatoes I nor know why e Dey scarce for Nigeria currently
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by staga: 2:52pm On May 13, 2023
SULBELL:

Please, how do you preserve the tomatoes to make them last longer and still remain fresh?
The first time I bought a basket and refrigerated it, It got frozen and after defrosting it, the taste and look weren't something I like.
But if left without refrigerating it rotted away in less than a week.

Kindly share the best way to preserve it and still maintain the freshness.

You have to grind the tomatoes, then boil the ground solution over fire to dehydrate it until you are left with the paste. Then store in a deep freezer, not ordinary refrigerator.

If you don't get rid of the water after grinding, the thing will spoil or change taste.

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by TOMMYS: 4:00pm On May 13, 2023
How?
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Simfglobal: 4:15pm On May 13, 2023
adioolayi:
Na wa o...

Na to convert all cookings to concoctions...laced with red oil..

cheesy grin cheesy grin

On a serious note, it's time we embrace the local tomatoes, especially in the southwest...go for the southwest grown tomatoes and not the ones from the North..yes, the northern ones are better , fleshy and less watery..but then, situations like this...no kill yourself...Yoruba tomatoes is equally good. grin cheesy grin

It's well

So where is the yoruba tomatoes?

Southwest plant rain fed tomatoes, so no one can plant until rain is fully established by June or so.

All farmers in south west trying to transplant tomato lost everything because the weather is too harsh...sun is like times ten. Only those planting with irrigation have hope

God have mercy....I forsee even higher prices later

1 Like

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by vastolord4(m): 4:16pm On May 13, 2023
BackFromBalablu:

JUST LIKE THAT! shocked
Thanks grin Tomorrow stew don set smiley
bt sorry can i fry the stew?

Yes you can boss
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by adioolayi(m): 4:44pm On May 13, 2023
Simfglobal:

So where is the yoruba tomatoes?

Southwest plant rain fed tomatoes, so no one can plant until rain is fully established by June or so.

All farmers in south west trying to transplant tomato lost everything because the weather is too harsh...sun is like times ten. Only those planting with irrigation have hope

God have mercy....I forsee even higher prices later

Na wa ooo!
Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by apache22b: 6:08pm On May 13, 2023
Thank you so much my brother , i will not send him any money again

MrBanner:

That guy is a notorious scammer on nairaland, don't send him any moneyb

3 Likes

Re: Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 by Flick490(m): 6:17pm On May 13, 2023
apache22b:
Thank you so much my brother , i will not send him any money again

God of mercy, I am not a scammer for crying out loud. God!
Pls don't believe this lie, pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Producers Of Yam Globally 2022 / Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Why US Rejected Nigeria's Yam - Audu Ogbeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.