Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) (2960 Views)

Gang Kidnapped Bauchi Varsity Student Over $3,800 Yahoo Loot Sharing Formula / 4 Internet Fraudsters Die Of ‘drug Overdose’ In Bayelsa / Three FUTO students found dead in hostel, one unconscious after Drug overdose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by NaijaCover(m): 7:47pm On May 09, 2023
Update From . COM

A 19-year-old student of the Federal University of Otuoke (FUO), Bayelsa State, identified as Job Alawari-Kei, has died after an alleged overdose of an illicit drugs.

The 300-level student of Petroleum and Gas Engineering, allegedly collapsed and died after consuming the drugs known locally as Colo.

Spokesperson of the State Police Command, Asinim Butswat, who confirmed the incident said that the corpse has been deposited at the hospital for autopsy, adding that investigation is ongoing.

“On 3rd May 2023 at about 2200 hours, one Job Alawari Kei ‘m’ 19 years, a student of the Petroleum and Gas Engineering Department of Federal University Otuoke, slumped after intake of illicit substances,” the PPRO said.

“He was rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed dead. The corpse has been deposited at the Hospital for autopsy. Investigation is ongoing.”

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/5/19-year-old-bayelsa-varsity-student-dies-of-drug-overdose.html

1 Like

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by NaijaCover(m): 7:48pm On May 09, 2023
Another Terrible News, Coming From Bayelsa

Proudly Brought To You By

1 Like

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Oxb90: 7:51pm On May 09, 2023
Enjoyment
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 09, 2023
I just hope Nairaland men will learn from these and quit taking drugs . I fear men that smoke not to even talk of drugs lailai, no be me you Kom give wahala for old age to Dy carry you from one hospital to another. Drugs and alcohol abeg byebye find your square root maybe Siofra will consider you 😂

7 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by illicit(m): 7:52pm On May 09, 2023
Good for him
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by doggedfighter(f): 7:54pm On May 09, 2023
The circumstances of his death left me with nothing to say.

I feel for his parents.

5 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 09, 2023
doggedfighter:
what do want to write you this art student

2 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by NaijaCover(m): 7:55pm On May 09, 2023
Oxb90:
Enjoyment

See More Bad News Via www.. com
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Creamypie(m): 8:00pm On May 09, 2023
Wasted generation. Most of those born from 2000- 2006, don use hard drugz kill their liver and kidney, coupled with all these noodles wey them dey eat.

3 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by NaijaCover(m): 8:03pm On May 09, 2023
Creamypie:
Wasted generation. Most of those born from 2000- 2006, don use hard drugz kill their liver and kidney, coupled with all these noodles wey them dey eat.

IS HERE

1 Like

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by mymadam(m): 8:04pm On May 09, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
... maybe Siofra will consider you 😂
Chai, my oh my! A table shaker spotted 🏃🏃🏃😜
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 09, 2023
what a waste smh
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by mymadam(m): 8:06pm On May 09, 2023
Creamypie:
You mean the 'Indomie generation'? 🤭

1 Like

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 09, 2023
mymadam:

Chai, my oh my! A table shaker spotted 🏃🏃🏃😜
Na she shake table pass. I'm just a gentle soul
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:16pm On May 09, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I just hope Nairaland men will learn from these and quit taking drugs . I fear men that smoke not to even talk of drugs lailai, no be me you Kom give wahala for old age to Dy carry you from one hospital to another. Drugs and alcohol abeg byebye find your square root maybe Siofra will consider you 😂

sadly, not enough young men are dying from drugs for them to stop (why should they, really?).... what you wrote would be as crazy as telling young people to stop driving because a few died at the wheel of a car.
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 09, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

sadly, not enough young men are dying from drugs for them to stop (why should they, really?).... what you wrote would be as crazy as telling young people to stop driving because a few died at the wheel of a car.
But eventually the effect will still have it's effect, they should learn and quit and not wait till they start seeing it's effect
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:25pm On May 09, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
But eventually the effect will still have it's effect, they should learn and quit and not wait till they start seeing it's effect

sadly the problem is much deeper than just drugs, many are doing it to run from their problem, to forget, to feel good about themselves, to belong somewhere, to travel or simply to be alive. some people out therehave been doing drugs for decades and are doing great today, while others die on their 1st take. some of the most famous/successful CEOs out there do drugs, and they can still function and do their daily grinds. its all about doing it the proper way.
BTW alcohol or smoking is also a drug but made legal somehow, while other drugs arent. do you know how many people die due to alcohol every year (yet nobody is making it illegal to drink alcohol)?

lets not be hypocrites here and instead, teach people to do drug in a safe manner. drugs are like sex, its easier said than done to "quit" as you stated.

5 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by RoadMozart(m): 8:27pm On May 09, 2023
Guy don chop colos kpai.

When the Angel asks him how he died, I wonder what his response will be

1 Like

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 09, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

sadly the problem is much deeper than just drugs, many are doing it to run from their problem, to forget, to feel good about themselves, to belong somewhere, to travel or simply to be alive. some people out therehave been doing drugs for decades and are doing great today, while others die on their 1st take. some of the most famous/successful CEOs out there do drugs, and they can still function and do their daily grinds. its all about doing it the proper way.
BTW alcohol or smoking is also a drug but made legal somehow, while other drugs arent. do you know how many people die due to alcohol every year (yet nobody is making it illegal to drink alcohol)?

lets not be hypocrites here and instead, teach people to do drug in a safe manner. drugs are like sex, its easier said than done to "quit" as you stated.
You have a point but I disagree with your conclusion, if you teach people how to do drugs in a safe manner, you'll definitely not achieve any positive result. Remember it's highly addictive and react differently in each person
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by garriAndsugar: 8:48pm On May 09, 2023
Teaching people to do drugs in a safe manner is the most wickedest thing ive read here today

1 Like

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:49pm On May 09, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You have a point but I disagree with your conclusion, if you teach people how to do drugs in a safe manner, you'll definitely not achieve any positive result. Remember it's highly addictive and react differently in each person

people will do drugs regardless of how many times you tell them not to, if this is what they have in mind. so lets teach these people HOW to do drugs safely (while giving them options) rather than criminalize them. many are sick people who are hooked and cant get out, and i'd rather to help them go through their nightmare in a safe manner than just tell them to quit (which doesnt work).

in Copenhagen they have a state building specially for junkies where they can go in and do drugs in a safe environment, almost like a hospital... where there are specialized people who can help in case of overdose, but also give them clean needles, alcohol to clean the area that they will inject etc etc, and they have small rooms for each junkies to go in and do their business (even have showers etc). thus much better than places like Kensington av in Philly or Skid row in LA where the whole area looks like a scene from a zombie movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSxTYJItfFg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Houseofglam7(f): 9:35pm On May 09, 2023
Life well spent or life well wasted
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 09, 2023
sad

Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Holywizard: 11:14pm On May 09, 2023
Look at him...
Onye mkpurummiri
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Helgreenluv(m): 11:14pm On May 09, 2023
Useless mofo. Look at how he looks.
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Dexy4yah(m): 11:18pm On May 09, 2023
Rip young lad.....attimes bad friends influence contribute to all this.

Tell me who your friend is and i will tell you who you are.
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Nobody: 2:08am On May 10, 2023
Abeg how 19 yrs take dey 300lvl?🤷‍♂️
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by BrightAhiah(m): 4:21am On May 10, 2023
Good riddance to bad behavior...

This one no be news abeg, I dey pray for the people's mandate to be returned to the original WINNER

Click LIKE if you agree
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by kingthreat(m): 5:20am On May 10, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

You must be very ignorant about drug abuse. Stop cutting slacks for drug users. When it becomes fullout addiction or overdose like the victim in question, I doubt you are ready to help the situation. There is no safe manner of doing drugs. Say no to drug use completely.
Re: 19-Year-Old Bayelsa Varsity Student Dies Of Drug Overdose (Photo) by Corto: 6:05am On May 10, 2023
post=123035784:
Update From . COM

A 19-year-old student of the Federal University of Otuoke (FUO), Bayelsa State, identified as Job Alawari-Kei, has died after an alleged overdose of an illicit drugs.

The 300-level student of Petroleum and Gas Engineering, allegedly collapsed and died after consuming the drugs known locally as Colo.

Spokesperson of the State Police Command, Asinim Butswat, who confirmed the incident said that the corpse has been deposited at the hospital for autopsy, adding that investigation is ongoing.

“On 3rd May 2023 at about 2200 hours, one Job Alawari Kei ‘m’ 19 years, a student of the Petroleum and Gas Engineering Department of Federal University Otuoke, slumped after intake of illicit substances,” the PPRO said.

“He was rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed dead. The corpse has been deposited at the Hospital for autopsy. Investigation is ongoing.”

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/5/19-year-old-bayelsa-varsity-student-dies-of-drug-overdose.html

Small boy go.chop the thing wey pass in power

He will go and apply his gas engineering knowledge in Hell (Dept. of Sulfur and Brimstone Fireworks)

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Sokoto Over Arrest Of Deborah Samuel’s Killers (pics) / Face Of Popular Gay Scammer In Alakija, Lagos! »PHOTOS / Residents Flee As Cultists Kill Popular Area Boy, Tommy In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.