Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? (14285 Views)

My Experience As A Recruiter-chika Uwazie @chikauwazie / Points to note before sending out your CV to a recruiter / Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by QuinModah(f): 11:46am On May 11, 2023
Dear Recruiters,

This is a plea to desist from asking candidates sensitive and personal questions and focus on technicalities and behavior during interviews. If candidates willingly want to share sensitive pieces of information with you, they will do so on their terms, anything asides from that, please mind your business!

Stop asking irrelevant questions during the interview;

โ›”When will you get married, you seem to be getting older.

โ›”Don't you think you look too fat for this role?

โ›”Since you are not married, do you think you will have stability in this role?

โ›”Can you resume early and close at 11 pm?
(they want you to be the minister of sunrise and sunset ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„).

โ›” Why don't you have a husband or a wife?

โ›” Can you climb the stairs; "this one you are big like this?"

โ›” Why are you a single parent?

One recruiter during my Job hunting days told me, "You are in your early 30s don't you think you should get a husband soonest". My response to her is if she knows any market they are selling husbands, I would gladly love to buy one. That sarcasm ended the interview. I thanked her for the session, carried my bag, and went home.

What is the most insensitive question a recruiter has ever asked you??

OR

What are the most shocking statements (or questions) you have ever been asked or told during Interviews?
Copied

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Onyeka90210(m): 11:54am On May 11, 2023
"Why did you apply for this job?"
Very insensitive.
I mean, can't you see my condition already.

153 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by MRDEE01: 11:55am On May 11, 2023
Him: Do you like woman?

Me: No sir.

Him:Is it man you like?

Me:No sir,I like women.

๐Ÿ™†๐Ÿฟ

162 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Rubyjade: 12:02pm On May 11, 2023
Why not married?

I simply told her to give me her brother or any man in her family that has money and will gladly marry him the next day.

The whole office turned into a grave yard followed by thanks and God bless you for honoring our invite

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by IyaTola: 12:04pm On May 11, 2023
As funny as this post is, the questions they bear are rather appalling.

They seem unbelievable too, however, they are the truth, nonetheless.

In my own case, I was still job hunting as a fresh graduate and the interview was for a teaching position in a private school.

One of the interviewers, a senior staff member at the school, looked at me and said my earrings were too flashy.

It wasn't so much the question as the disdainful sneer on his face as he said it.

Apparently, being a member of a particular church who didn't believe that women should wear jewelry, mine were too much for him.

Now, you'd expect that he would give the job to someone rather more conservatively dressed than I was (according to him) but, the other lady lost out too, because she was newly married.

His reason when I asked her was, since she was already pregnant (he asked her if she was when he learned she was newly married), they didn't need someone who would be going on maternity leave soon.

I thought mine was bad, until I heard her story.

Thankfully, I am where I am today.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Wawelexy(m): 12:07pm On May 11, 2023
Rubyjade:
Why not married?

I simply told her to give me her brother or any man in her family that has money and will gladly marry him the next day.

The whole office turned into a grave yard followed by thanks and God bless you for honoring our invite

Lol.... Savage served at its peak

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by lavylilly: 12:10pm On May 11, 2023
Mine was the owner of a company(very influential & popular person everyone knows)and the HR in tow .

The CEO asked how will my man would cope when I have to travel abruptly? Went on to inform me that I may sometimes close past 11 or 12 midnight and hope I have a car and will my man be willing to hold the home front, do I plan to have more children cos this is a critical role.....

I can never EVER forget that interview as that was the most painful interview I had encountered after waiting 8 longggg hours as we were told CEO is busy๐Ÿ˜’ but two women step out of his office dressed inappropriately undecided

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by ILikeYou: 12:30pm On May 11, 2023
Here to read comments

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Emmamay10: 12:47pm On May 11, 2023
At the final phase of the interview, I was called to meet their MD During the course of our discussion, the dude asked me why I am yet to marry after asking for my age. I felt annoyed. I wanted to smack his bald head, but I maintained my calm. In a nutshell, we ended up laughing loud when he asked again if I were a 'Ibo man', knowing fully well that I am a Yoruba man..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by lavylilly: 12:59pm On May 11, 2023
No time! Gbas gbos unlimited
Wawelexy:

Lol.... Savage served at its peak

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Iseoluwani: 12:59pm On May 11, 2023
Onyeka90210:
Very insensitive.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by gbolswag(m): 1:00pm On May 11, 2023
What will you use your first salary to do

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by siraj1402(m): 1:00pm On May 11, 2023
Working towards been self employed is this best, it may take you time to succeed but once you get it right. The rest is the the rest is history.
Meanwhile, when I said yesterday in one of my comments that Adeleke's victory means Obi and Atiku has no case, some Obidient were attacking me, days to come will unfold a lot of things. If Oyetota were to win, it means a lot of consideration will be given to electronic transmission and things might contradict but with this development, we need to stand of for the champion comes May 29. Jagaban baba won.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by SegunBABA007(m): 1:01pm On May 11, 2023
Whatโ€™s your name ? , And the idiot is holding my CV.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by OboOlora(f): 1:01pm On May 11, 2023
Can you commute to the office daily?

I mean this was during Covid when everyone was working remotely and the oloshi wanted me to be driving 3hrs to Dallas from Maryland everyday.

Even if it was for VP of Amazon, I nor do.

E koshidanu Sir

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by sterlingD(m): 1:03pm On May 11, 2023
SegunBABA007:

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by backtovillage: 1:03pm On May 11, 2023
I pity op.
If I am an employer I will ask stupid question.
Some employers might want to test your tolerance and how you handle difficult issues, but you here woke gen z "I must report everything on social media" "feminist madam" thinking you are at the top of your game

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by CoolAmbience(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2023
IyaTola:
As funny as this post is, the questions they bear are rather appalling.

They seem unbelievable too, however, they are the truth, nonetheless.

In my own case, I was still job hunting as a fresh graduate and the interview was for a teaching position in a private school.

One of the interviewers, a senior staff member at the school, looked at me and said my earrings were too flashy.

It wasn't so much the question as the disdainful sneer on his face as he said it.

Apparently, being a member of a particular church who didn't believe that women should wear jewelry, mine were too much for him.

Now, you'd expect that he would give the job to someone rather more conservatively dressed than I was (according to him) but, the other lady lost out too, because she was newly married.

His reason when I asked her was, since she was already pregnant (he asked her if she was when he learned she was newly married), they didn't need someone who would be going on maternity leave soon.

I thought mine was bad, until I heard her story.

Thankfully, I am where I am today.

I have not seen any question that would even make me think before answering from the ones being displayed here.

Those are simple questions that one can answer spontaneously.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by panama789: 1:04pm On May 11, 2023
Not insensitive, but tricky. "Why should I not hire you". Naso me sef dey talk rubbish.. lol..learnt my lessons afterwards though..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Emma513: 1:05pm On May 11, 2023
SPACE BOOKED

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Bmaster(m): 1:05pm On May 11, 2023
Money can buy happiness,
Guys please stop saying otherwise!

It's off topic though

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Steveabbeyly: 1:05pm On May 11, 2023
A
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Mindlog: 1:06pm On May 11, 2023
Onyeka90210:
Very insensitive.

See your condition.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Recruiter: Why did you apply for this job?

Me: I love working with children and young persons who struggle with emotional and behavioural disorders. My years of academics and work experience has skilled me with the tools to help these young ones, with the aim of assisting them to have better outcomes and transit into better functioning adults.

A week later....

Recruiter: You got the job.

Me: ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿท

11 Likes

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by sofeo(m): 1:06pm On May 11, 2023
Lower pay though, which they later accepted mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Hezmatosky: 1:06pm On May 11, 2023
Rubyjade:
Why not married?

So at your age you never still marry? sad

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Triangles1(m): 1:07pm On May 11, 2023
Why you dey drink garri as if they have another food for you.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Administration1: 1:07pm On May 11, 2023
Can you shoot a weapon

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Diligent1(f): 1:07pm On May 11, 2023
I need to see your husband employment letter, I was dumbfounded.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Tats(m): 1:10pm On May 11, 2023
SegunBABA007:

Actually, this could be a valid question. The Interviewer wants to be sure you are who they are holding their CV and should be interviewing to avoid mix-up. Similar thing happens in hospitals when they hold your record or when you enter a room for consultation.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by DevilSignature: 1:10pm On May 11, 2023
cheesy
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by SegunBABA007(m): 1:10pm On May 11, 2023
Tats:

Actually, this could be a valid question. The Interviewer wants to be sure you are who they are holding their CV and should be interviewing to avoid mixup. Similar thing happens in hospitals when they hold your record.

CV that I handed over to him ?

28 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Common But Costing Mistakes Of Job Seekers / What Its Mean To Acquire Higher Degree Time Wasting Or What? / Society For Family Health (SFH) Fresh Job Recruitment (17 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.