Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt (53500 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? / What Hilda Baci Has Been Cooking For 4 Days To Break Guinness World Record / Hilda Baci Is Set To Break Guinness World Record With Marathon Cooking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Toshtos: 10:59am On May 14, 2023
1. Her real name is Hilda Bassey Effiong. She is a young Nigerian chef from Nsit Ubium LGA in Akwa Ibom State, She owes a food brand in Lagos called "My Food by Hilda"

2. She will be cooking for 4 days non-stop.

3. She must stand to cook, she is not permitted to sit while cooking.

4. She’s not allowed to take coffee, stimulants, or any energy drink to artificially boost her energy and bodily strength while cooking.

5. She's allowed to eat food, drink water or fruit juice, and take glucose.

6. The cooking is taking place at Amore Gardens, Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria.

7. She cooks round the clock, no sleep (Morning, afternoon, evening, and night. So, for 4 nights, she won't sleep)

8. She has just 5 minutes rest per hour [meaning for every 1 hour, she is entitled to just 5 minutes rest or break, that's an hour break in every 12 hours].

Other sources claim
She gets a 30-minute break every 6 hours, she spends the 30mins in a medical van which is just close by, within which she can nap, use the restroom, and also get a medical assessment or checkup by the medical team available on the spot.

9. Whatever she cooks is shared to the people at the venue for FREE. She is not selling the food.

10. She cooks different meals simultaneously. She is at liberty to cook any meal she likes. There are no restrictions as to what she can cook or not cook. The World Record title is about cooking within a time frame, not about what is cooked. As long as she is cooking, she is on track.

11. Every meal cooked and every plate served is recorded. She has cooked over 115 meals so far with almost 3,000 portions if not more by the time you are reading this.

12. She started the cooking on Thursday and is expected to complete the target time frame by Monday 15th May, 2023 evening.

13. The current holder of the title Hilda seeks to break is an Indian chef Lata Tandon, who set a Guinness World Record for cooking for 87 hours and 45 minutes non-stop in 2019.

14. To break the record, Hilda Baci is attempting to cook for 96 hours, using extra 9 hours to break the world record as the first human on earth to spend such an amount of time cooking a marathon.

15. She tagged the cooking project "Cook-a-thon", a phrase literally coined from the word "marathon"

16. She appears exhausted already, but the people around her are cheering her on to boost her morale. And they are available with her as she cook 247, even at night.

17. Most of the food items, ingredients, utensils, etc she used for this project are provided by her sponsors. So, the money expended on this project is not 100% from Hilda or her Food brand.

18. Uber, one of her partners is offering a 40% discounted ride to the venue for people who wishes to join and cheer her up at the venue.

19. Hilda's mum is also a chef. She owes a food brand called "Calabar Pot"

20. She is 27 years of age.

Source: https://www.naijaolofofo.com/20-things-to-know-about-hilda-baci-and-her-guinness-world-record-marathon-cooking/

106 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by donbachi(m): 11:04am On May 14, 2023
Her gown is fine...abi,na only me dey see am.

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Bluntguy: 11:32am On May 14, 2023
donbachi:
Her gown is fine...abi,na only me dey see am.
You no see record wey she wan break na gown you see

Some people sef.

262 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by olasaad(f): 11:53am On May 14, 2023
Go girl smiley we that can not come down to Lekki are cheering you up online.

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by money121(m): 12:22pm On May 14, 2023
President Elect always join her live

Oya So pe otilor

IDAN does not break, she breaks Records
Go Hilda kiss kiss

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by SAMBARRY: 12:22pm On May 14, 2023
Go girl

Disturbed and disgusting people will soon come here to spew hate, toxicity and negative vibes.i won't be surprised

17 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by xpressionx(m): 12:23pm On May 14, 2023
She try.

Instead of looking for a man to divide half of his wealth,she's creating her own wealth.

My respect to her.

I won't be surprised to see food and spice brands offering her endorsement deals

200 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Risingblue008(m): 12:23pm On May 14, 2023
No be small thing ooo
Na Africa she go fit cook for

6 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by wunmi590(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2023
Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Olarewaju89: 12:25pm On May 14, 2023
grin

Blogger self.. 20 things about Hilda, why not 50? grin

26 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by FalseProphet1(m): 12:26pm On May 14, 2023
I will put my name on the Guinness world book of records by ringing my bell and prophesying non-stop for 72 hours.

This I have seen.

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by AImiron: 12:26pm On May 14, 2023
OP modify your post, "Own" not "Owe" .

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Felix6: 12:26pm On May 14, 2023
Who currently hold the record for marathon sex?

11 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by meum: 12:26pm On May 14, 2023
Go Hilda!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by olisefom: 12:26pm On May 14, 2023
Xo xo many irrelevant records in this guiness book. Haba.

12 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by FalseProphet1(m): 12:27pm On May 14, 2023
Double Post.
Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by TheFreshVanilla: 12:27pm On May 14, 2023
Good for her career while the record doesn't make sense.

16 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by TechBaron: 12:27pm On May 14, 2023
Una Don start

5 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Odogwuzack: 12:27pm On May 14, 2023
Wow... She must be provided with necessary help plsss.

SS lady... Thank God she's not Igbo. We won't have to deal with "we won Guiness record for Nigeria, Yorubas are ingrates" and other unnecessary noise.

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by gentlesmithugo(m): 12:27pm On May 14, 2023
Hope the food will be so delicious like her
Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by AImiron: 12:27pm On May 14, 2023
Felix6:
Who currently hold the record for marathon sex?
your sister

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by JoeEeL(m): 12:27pm On May 14, 2023
Time to at least promote the originality of being african and where u come from, u con go dey bear foreign name 'hilda'.

Some of these people and their lack of originality enh... unappealing!

How many white woman u don see dey bear 'Tayo', 'Idonrenyin' or 'Ezinne'?

Black people, make una just dey get sense and have some modicum of self-respect.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 14, 2023
This is by no means an easy fit to achieve,wish her well

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Jubilancy(f): 12:28pm On May 14, 2023
I am so proud! Of her, of the supporters and of the feat she is attempting!!!
Happy Mother’s Day

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by nepapole(m): 12:28pm On May 14, 2023
Go girl!

3 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 14, 2023
Teach them Cooking, Naija Girl. Go, big Girl, go! You're beautiful, inside and out! Congratulations in advance.

4 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Porksupplyib: 12:28pm On May 14, 2023
Wow
Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by AImiron: 12:28pm On May 14, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I will put my name on the Guinness world book of records by ringing my bell and prophesying non-stop for 72 hours.

This I have seen.
You no see sh1t nigga

26 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Aolfooties(m): 12:28pm On May 14, 2023
Wow. This is amazing.

Check my signature for quality made in Nigeria footwears.
Buy 2 shoes, get 1 free slide. Offer ends in 6 weeks. What's app 08111 thirty fifty 81
Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by erai30(m): 12:28pm On May 14, 2023
Hmmm she is beautiful, she can cook and lastly she is a calabar gal ( the other room is settled). I wish I can get one Uber to take me and my village people to the venue today, at least our dinner will be settled. cheesy cool grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Oromoni619: 12:29pm On May 14, 2023
Make money legitimately, and eat good food

Do anything that mk you happy

If you have spare cash to spend Around do it with your friends and family

Enjoy your self

This Hilda gel , she's beautiful

B#tmoney dey sweet to spend sha, just small *dds stake

Ask how
Re: 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt by Trueigbo: 12:29pm On May 14, 2023
I feel like crying while reading this…..

I pray she does it

29 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See the Catfish Peppersoup I Got For #1800 This Evening. / See The Food I Got For ₦900 No Meat Because It's Too Costly / Different Varieties Of Noodles Prepared By Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.