Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

3 False Teachings In Today's Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 False Teachings In Today's Churches (355 Views)

Benny Hinn: "Forgive Me For My False Teachings Over The Years" / The Effect Of Willie Lynch Letter In Today's Churches / Take Money Away From Today Churches - None Will Be Man Of God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 False Teachings In Today's Churches by pressplay411(m): 2:25pm On May 14, 2023
Three False Teachings In Today's Churches
-Pastor Segun Keku

Song Ministration: Open The Flood Gates in Abundance
Date: Sunday 14th May,2023
Happy Mother's Day

Some Christians choose what they want to believe in the bible. Some add their own.
They want to change the bible to fit their lifestyle instead of vice versa.

1Tim.4.1-2 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron.

The only way to test spirits is to test their teachings with the Word of God. Meaning you yourself have to study the Word.

The 3 False Teachings
1. Is it true that it is God's will that every Christian should be Healthy and Wealthy?

Yes, God promised us Peace on earth, even when we are in pain and tribulations. But God doesn't promise us to be rich and healthy at all times.
God does not promise us a perfect life on earth. That is in heaven.
You and I will have trials and tribulations in this world. John 16:33, 2 Cor 4:16-18

Concerning Health
Many people are being misled by these false teachings.
It is not all the time that sickness or poverty that is as a result of lack of faith.
God is not a Jini. Every problem doesn't just vanish because you're a Christian.

Luke.22.42 - saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."

Emphasis on "Nevertheless, not my will but your  be done."
We can go to God for miracles and healing and blessings but it does not mean God must say Yes all the time.

Is it compulsory that God should say yes?
Some times he will say Yes.
Some times he will say No.
His No and Silence is for a reason.

When these false teachers say it is compulsory, tell them according to God's will. It is not him that runs or wills but God who shows mercy.
Keep on being renewed in the mind.

Abraham and Sarah prayed yet they had delay in child birth.
Job lost everything, was it that he did not have Faith?

Job.42.5 - "I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You.

Job was so righteous from hearing of God, He had not seen God. But God was able to boast of him.
Things got so bad that his wife shamed him and asked him to curse God.
But Job replied "I know my Redeemer Lives."

Job's problems started from chapter 2 till chaper 42 which could have lasted for years. Was it because he was not righteous or because he did not have Faith?

Before Job's trial he only heard of God, after the trials he began to see God. He then had a deeper knowledge of God and a higher Faith.

Some things will happen so that you will begin to see God.
God will be able to stand by you and single you out.
God permits some things to happen for a reason.

Pastor recounts his many challenges. He prayed many prayers without answers.
He realised that those situations have helped mould him into shape. To make him know how Great God is.

2 Cor 12:7-10 I will boast in my infirmities.

Aposple Paul prayed to God to take away the thorn in his flesh. But God did not take it away.

2Cor.12.9 - And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

The Three Hebrew brothers were thrown into fire. Their strength was made perfect in the fire.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the LORD delivers him from all.

When you believe in wrong doctrines, how will miracles happen?
Because the foundation of the faith is faulty.

The reason we have so much evil in the world today is because of false teachings. People no longer believe the Grace of God is sufficient for them.
If you believe, you will stay. Job stayed and said "though he slay me, yet I will trust Him."
May we not experience Job's kind of problems but everyone will face his problems.

Concerning Wealth
Are you content with what God allows/permits in your life?
When Pastor sees a situation he doesn't jump or get anxious, he follows God's direction with prayers. Everything then follows.

When the Israelites were faced with the Red Sea, Moses prayed and God told him it is time to Move Forward.
There's time to Pray and there's time to Move Forward.

It is true that God has promised us Wealth and Good Health. But at what expense?
Is it automatic?

It wasn't until Job experienced his problems that he realised that he had been hearing of God but now he sees God.

Are you greedy or content with what you have?
Be very careful with what you pray for, God knows the intention of your heart.
1 Tim 6:6-11 Be content because love of money has destroyed many.

Focus on God. Focus on eternity.
There is nothing wrong in being rich and healthy. But God is also interested in how you spend your money and health.

Ask yourself, how is God benefiting from your health and wealth presently?
Have you asked God, what can I do for you, Lord?
Have you asked the Pastor, what can you do for the church?
What's the essence of your living? Who is benefiting from your living?

2. Churches Create Extra Rules.

Eg -All Christians must speak in Tongues to be saved.
-Every one must be Baptised to be saved.

We are only saved through the Grace of God. Not by works, tongues or baptism.
Eph 2:8-10, Luke 22:39-43, Acts 2:3, 1 Cor 12:4-11, 1 Cor 14.

Rom 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Rom.10.17 - So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Baptism and Speaking in tongues are compulsory but should not be forced on anyone. Salvation comes by Grace.
Brethren, we should not add or remove anything from the bible.
It's only the truth of the bible that can change us.
Our thoughts/senses are imperfect but the bible is perfect.

3. Hyper Grace and Law

So many churches preach this without balancing it.
They leave out God being Holy and Righteous and that He hates sin.
They teach "I can be a Christian and continue to live however I like."
They teach "God already loves me so I can continue in sin."

If you live or believe this, you are not yet a Christian. You have not had encounter with Christ.

Rom.6.15-16 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!
Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

You are only free from sin if you obey God in righteousness.

There are many who believe they are saved but are not saved.

To justify sin they falsify the true preaching of God.
Only the truth can change lives.
If anyone comes to give their life to Christ, it is because the Holy spirit has ministered to them, not man.

Some churches are just adding members, and not winning souls.
When someone through the preaching surrenders their life to Christ, that one will be saved.

When you add a member who is a drinker or fornicator who has not given their life to Christ,  and you don't minister to them by the Holy spirit, are they saved?

In conclusion, for salvation His Grace is sufficient for you.
It is good to Speak in Tongues and be Baptised, but that's not guarantee of salvation.

How many people have been baptised but still fornicate and drink or still under the oppression of powers and witchcraft?

It is only when the Gospel is preached in a truthful way and balanced, that is when souls will be touched to give their lives to Christ.
Not by sensual or motivational teachings like 7 keys to success, etc.
This only makes one feel good but doesn't last.
It cannot give life. Because it is not a message of salvation.

Jesus loves you. Know the Truth and He will set you free.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Kingsley's Prophecy On Tinubu ,obi, Buhari, Interim Govt / My Prayer Is To Die Same Day With My Wife – Pastor Adeboye / Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Cause Of Death Revealed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.