Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter (5079 Views)

How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America / US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by omogenaija(f): 12:28am On Mar 03, 2006
I am so tired of being called an AJE BUTTER just because i live in America

What's up with that

I don't think that I am to good for anything or anybody and I don't go bitching to my parnets bout the silly things.

I don't live in comfort and I go through stress like everybody else in the whole world

So please tell me why am I still being called an aje butter

angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by Free(f): 3:14am On Mar 03, 2006
omoge gurl calm down aigh cheesy cheesy
whats aje butter anywaz
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by Shani(f): 5:07am On Mar 03, 2006
I think Aje Butter is the same as ajeboda which is sort of like spoiled but more negative for some.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by omogenaija(f): 5:11am On Mar 03, 2006
@ free wat Shani said is exactly what it is

and i'm going to act a fool if someone calls me that again
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by WesleyanA(f): 5:31am On Mar 03, 2006
my cousin gets called that.
we don't because we're sort of skinny in my family.
i'm not spoilt and i don't act spoilt. i'm not american either. I'm FULL Nigerian  cool  cool

i guess you could tell your mom you don't like being called that (aje butter) maybe she'll stop. . .
make a AARGHHH face when anyone calls you that next time  angry angry Lol.

and yeah. if your mom's friend calls you aje butter. make sure you call her kids aje butter the next time you go visit them and see how she feels about it.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by omogenaija(f): 5:59am On Mar 03, 2006
thanks for the advice

i read ur R.I jokes
(it was in another topic )
very funny
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by Shani(f): 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2006
"I don't live in comfort and I go through stress like everybody else in the whole world
So please tell me why am I still being called an aje butter"

If you are living anything like me it is definitely not in the lap of luxury. I think what people don't understand is that, comparatively speaking, you have to have alot more money to be aje butter in America. So people think you are living like the stereotypical 90210 lifestyle but in reality you might be living worse here than you did there. It's all relative. Explain that to them next time someone calls you aje butter.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by omogenaija(f): 6:57pm On Mar 03, 2006
thanks
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by tptopsy(m): 8:05pm On Mar 03, 2006
don't let that bother u cos those ppl wish to be in your shoes just as you wish to be in some other shoes.but,u don't know what those shoes are like to be worn.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by WesleyanA(f): 11:25pm On Mar 04, 2006
omoge02863:

i read your R.I jokes
(it was in another topic )
very funny

thanks. smiley
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by dikizie(m): 5:59am On Aug 22, 2007
Your parents probably call you Aje butter, because of the way you handle house chores and your interactions with people. You are either aje butter, aje Kpako, or average(kpakorised aje butter). The irony to it is that if one is called an aje kpako, he or she would also act the same way you acted, this is because the word is kind of derogatory.

Different people understand these terms in different ways. Some people believe that Aje butters' are normally children of rich parents that have every amenity they want at the simple snap of a finger, Some think they are those that were over pampered and dont do anything in their homes. So now from these simple explanations you are left to chose wer you belong, the aje butters', the aje kpako's or kpakorised aje butter.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by omogenaija(f): 6:10am On Aug 22, 2007
dikizie:

Your parents probably call you Aje butter

it wasnt my parents
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by Ezinwannem: 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2007
gurl, I understand how u feel, I get called that alot that i dont it doesnt bother me at all, Just sum1 seeing me, he/she says that, da worst is wen i even say like i jjust finished dishes, men, come and see reactions, dont worry, itz just da way ppl see u when they r around u etc
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2007
you no like butter ni?
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by omogenaija(f): 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

you no like butter ni?

grin grin no , butter is gross lipsrsealed
do u like butter ?
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2007
actually I really dont.

I dont mind the term though. some do it playfully, others I reckon are just jealous.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by nguage(m): 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2007
I went to millitary school, that stops people from calling me aje-butter. I probably done shittier things just like ajegunle guys, what makes me mad is when people expect me to pay for their suya (everytime I come to Naija)
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by minute(f): 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2007
say it out loud and clear girl.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by BlackMamba(m): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2007
WesleyanA:
I guess you could tell your mom you don't like being called that (aje butter) maybe she'll stop. . .
If your mom's friend [/b]calls you aje butter. make sure you call her kids aje butter the next time you go visit them and see how she feels about it.

dikizie:
Your [b]parents
probably call you Aje butter, because of the way you handle house chores and your interactions with people.

Is this a knock on reading comprehension or what

omogenaija:
it wasn't my parents

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by aikmamah1(m): 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2007
@poster
i no even understand, who even called u Aje-butter in the first place eh? Abi u jus wan tell us say u dey where i no no?
as me and i will say , u be original Aje kpako without part two
Rubish
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by tommyex(m): 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2007
@poster
i no even understand, who even called u Aje-butter in the first place eh? Abi u jus wan tell us say u dey where i no no?
as me and i will say , u be original Aje kpako without part two
Rubish

AHA MAMAH,thats just an Unfair way 2 respond 2 THIS TOPIC,anyway u give them a chance 2 say u Envious/Jealous.

AS 4 ME,D 9JA MENTALITY IS DAT AMERICA/ENGLAND R JUS D PLACES 2 BE,SO IF U DER U AUTOMATICALLY BECAOME AJEBO EVEN IF U ATTENDED A SUNDAY SCHOOL AS SECONDARY SCHOOL(LOL).
SO YALL SHOULD JUS STAY WITH D STATUS OR TRANSFER IT 2 ME,I NEED IT,LOL
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by ochiaha1(m): 12:33am On Aug 25, 2007
@omogenaija, if you are not ajebutter, are you an ajekpako or ajelafun then grin

You look more like an ajeburger cheesy

Lets see you face now,you seem to be hiding from us.

But seriously, its a passing thing as almost everyone gets taunted during their teen years for one thing or the other,but if you can be the best you can either in school or sports or in just anything you are good at,your peers will surely respect you. cool
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by fuzek: 2:58am On Aug 25, 2007
Hey! Ajebutter- howeva they call it, isn't a derrogatory term as u c it tongue, many just say it most times probably d way they c u act/ relate and all, so long they don't call u 'didirin'- then ure on a safe side. Many kids would probably want to bear such wink. Although, i don't agree aswell that people call u that out of jealousy, its for fun most times xcept they are just being sarcastic tongue, its nothing to worry about grin.

Next time they call u that just smile and say; it's not my fault '' Oluwa lo n'sola'' grin grin grin
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by k0be: 3:09am On Aug 25, 2007
if you've heard it more than a couple times, then you ought to consult with yourself to see what you might be doing that causes people to call you that.
if it talks, thinks, smells, looks, and acts like a fowl, people will call it a fowl.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by Macutie(f): 6:50am On Aug 25, 2007
no be every body wey de outside this naija walls na him be aje butter!

E be like make D banj de claim say im na butty with all him uk exposure
lolololololololol grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by dtwsola(m): 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2007
By spelling it aje butter, you just proved how ajebota you really are. LOL. You omo Yankee get so defensive when someone calls you this term. I don't get it. What's wrong with it. You think sufferhead automatically makes you cooler. Me that I've been living in Yankee seven years now, I have small ajebota in me. No sweat.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by tnaidaR(f): 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2007
Abegggg! What's wrong with being called AB? Some would do anything to be called that. You people sef.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by redsun(m): 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2007
Nigeria aje-butter is something close a basic life style in a real world,minus the stealing.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by BlackMamba(m): 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2007
redsun:
Nigeria aje-butter is something close a basic life style in a real world,minus the stealing.

Tell them. Many have no clue. Stuff that qualify you as ajebutter or whatever in Naija are just basics anywhere with a good standard of living.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by PawPaw3(m): 12:13am On Aug 26, 2007
It doesn't matter wether you live in America or any where else, you are not ajebutter, sorry to disappoint you.
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by omogenaija(f): 1:23am On Aug 26, 2007
Paw-Paw:

It doesn't matter wether you live in America or any where else, you are not ajebutter, sorry to disappoint you.

thanks man , kiss kiss kiss kiss
but y would i be disappointed ?
Re: I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter by PTH(m): 1:29am On Aug 26, 2007
omogenaija:

thanks man , kiss kiss kiss kiss
but y would i be disappointed ?

paw paw is convinced you must be packing shit for a living. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Boat Mishap Death Toll Rises To 29 / Any Nigerians In Montreal, Qc? / Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.