Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. (9714 Views)

7 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview And Why / Questions To Ask And Questions To Never Ask At An Interview / 13 Common Interview Questions & Their Impressive Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by IyaTola: 12:28pm On May 15, 2023
6 Impressive Questions to Ask in a Job Interview.

I am often surprised when I get to the end of any interview session and I ask candidates if they have any questions and what I get is, “ no questions”. This is one of the worst things to say in an interview..

How probable is this? Trying to get into a new role and new environment and you aren’t curious about getting additional information?

Aside helping you stand out, it can change the tone and pace of the interview as well as upturn a bad session into a memorable one.

Here are some questions you can practice:

1. How long has the job been opened?

This gives you an indication that it is a red flag if opening is above 6 months or indicates that it may take awhile before they make decision if less than 1 month except in rare cases if position is high priority due to job role.

2. What is your relationship with the client and how long has your firm worked with them?

This shows you the depth of the relationship between them and would let you know if the client trusts the recruiting firm enough to leave the hiring decision in their hands.

3. . Is this position newly created or is an existing one?

This gives you an inking into whether the company is growing as a result of expansion or if existing, what happened to the previous holder, was it resignation or promotion.

4. What skills are needed to succeed in this role?

It helps you determine how qualified you are to apply for this position and if you don’t have all, don’t lose hope but use it as an opportunity to showcase your plans to develop such skills.

5. What are the job expectations?
Once explained, it shows the standard and the dynamics expected in terms of performance so that the role is clearly defined in your mind and you know whether to continue or jettison the process.

Assume they are looking for a critical thinker and a problem solver, which you may lack but because you asked this, you can take an informed decision.

6. Do you know anything about the organization/team I will be working with and how they operate?

This will shed light on the company’s culture, modus operandi and other pertinent information that may be vital to know if you should continue the recruiting process.

Culture includes the acceptable norms and behaviors. There are some incompatible work styles or dress mode that could make you feel sad every day if you succeed and get the job

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by skillip(m): 3:45pm On May 15, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=123147938][/quote] Nice one, everyone needs to understand this and apply it. However, at least give credit to the source (the lady) smiley
Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by IyaTola: 10:03pm On May 15, 2023
wink
skillip:
Nice one, everyone needs to understand this and apply it. However, at least give credit to the source (the lady) smiley
Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by Dididrumz(m): 12:43pm On May 16, 2023
Ok...

1 Like

Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by xpressionx(m): 12:43pm On May 16, 2023
Is the salary fat?

Does it have pecks like official house in banana island,offical car and soft soft babes

Tell the receptionist to bring me wine

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by pepetua(m): 12:44pm On May 16, 2023
Great
Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by bewla(m): 12:44pm On May 16, 2023
Who they look for job in nija now
Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by C2Ok: 12:45pm On May 16, 2023
E sure me say the interviewer go sweat small😂😂
Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by Nahunger(m): 12:48pm On May 16, 2023
Nice
Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by isabi2lof: 12:49pm On May 16, 2023
Oshey cheesy
Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by dfrost: 12:49pm On May 16, 2023
Is it a must to ask questions op? All these tips is not a one size fits all.

If I feel the interviewers are behaving the way I don't like, then I blank out. It's a symbiotic relationship. You need me, I need you.

Let's stop making it look as if job seekers are beggars. They have dignity too.

9 Likes

Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by qanda: 12:58pm On May 16, 2023
Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by Krublog(m): 1:06pm On May 16, 2023
IDAN no dey answer questions for interview, na IDAN dey ask questions...

1 Like

Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by Rubyjade: 1:23pm On May 16, 2023
grin
Krublog:
IDAN no dey answer questions for interview, na IDAN dey ask questions...

Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by Postinor: 1:46pm On May 16, 2023
Hmm,all I care about right now is how to Bleep hilda baci
Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by chiderablaze(m): 2:31pm On May 16, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=123147938][/quote]
Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by Lemmy123(m): 3:40pm On May 16, 2023
This is rather becoming stale
Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by Boogyman557: 6:37pm On May 16, 2023
Re: 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. by Rubyjade: 7:36pm On May 16, 2023
Lemmy123:
This is rather becoming stale

(1) (Reply)

Baro Inland Water Port To Create 2 Million Jobs / Exxonmobil Recruitment For Financial Analyst / First Bank/insourcing Ltd. Calling For Induction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.