Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed (28718 Views)

Crippled Man Stole The Show While Made Kuti Was Performing At Felabration / R Kelly Handcuffed And In Prison Outfit As He Appears In Court (Photos, Video) / Tunde Ednut: Photo Of Bobrisky Arrested, Handcuffed & Bundled Through Fence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by iHateFraudsters: 9:39am On May 16, 2023
etzskillz:
Naija police is shit
Weyrey even asked if someone wasn’t familiar with detention 🤦🏾‍♂️
Why the f on earth should I be familiar with detention?

grin

Ah swear

grin
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Ikem11(m): 9:42am On May 16, 2023
N3TRAL:
Arraignment is the only activity in the process of trial where a suspect cannot be handcuffed.

The police officer is right.
You are 100 percent right . Nigerian police is so bad that even when they get things right it always seem wrong in the mind of their citizens.

Nigerians are so ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by DARLYNBOI: 9:44am On May 16, 2023
waynetee:

You are still not making any sense, was the amokekun not arrested? Is any yoruba supporting that amokekun? We are different from you weak vessels filled with emotions, we will never support crime or criminal not to talk of terrorists.

Both of you are mad and have no reasonable job to do....
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by ConfidentialDoc: 9:48am On May 16, 2023
etzskillz:
Naija police is shit

cheesy
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by dafeoroyo: 9:48am On May 16, 2023
Danisaint112:
They decided to handcuff him to prevent him from further slapping (the temptation of slapping) that will lead him into more bigger problem. The guy looks like an agbero.

Like someone rightly said dem suppose arrest the barber join. 😁

That hair na hare Krishna people,Area father too na member of hare Krishna,them.plenty

1 Like

Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by MosayA: 9:49am On May 16, 2023
You wan make he tear all of them hot slap again abi? Prevention is better than cure grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by ConfidentialDoc: 9:51am On May 16, 2023
Rickmann:

A suspect can't be handcuffed except he resists arrest. Dumb Nigerian police.

In the UK you are handcuffed as standard procedure.

2 Likes

Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Originalsly: 9:52am On May 16, 2023
Minjim:

What I'm familiar with is that foreign police usually handcup suspects resisting arrest.

Whether Seun resisted arrest is the important question.

Moreover, the police had been told to desist from media trials
He us just a suspect, not a convict.

A suspect is not put in handcuffs. When the person is arrested that's when he is usually handcuffed ... taken to the station and booked ... charged or release. If he were arrested for driving without driver license he was not likely to be handcuffed ... but for assaulting an officer?.... and running away?... he needed to be handcuffed and legs shackled.

1 Like

Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by MrDoGood(m): 9:52am On May 16, 2023
Peacemaker5129:
Kuti fvck up seriously
If I were the camera man I would have made money from Kuti

The cameraman was ignorant. That's why I always tell people to understand the gravity of this they want to post before posting it.

Tables can turn.

Now, we don't have evidence of what lead to the outburst.

His words won't be enough. If him like make him call 500 eye witnesses, if will be difficult because he's dealing with NPF.

Only video evidence can save him no.

Except the officer he slapped and NPF decided to make things easy
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by ejimatic: 9:53am On May 16, 2023
ebukajay184:
The spokesperson of the Nigeria Police Force, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, has explained that it is a normal procedure for any suspect to be handcuffed before detention, IGBERETV reports.

Some Nigerians queried the police for putting handcuffs on singer Seun Kuti after he turned himself in. Responding to one of such queries, Adejobi explained that it is a normal procedure to place a suspect in handcuffs before detention.

Twitter user @ajilomoto wrote;

https://twitter.com/ajilomoto/status/1658165091445923860?s=19

Adejobi replied;

https://twitter.com/Princemoye1/status/1658166466707873797?t=HTcks8s7oSuQePd5MGqLYA&s=19

https://igberetvnews.com/1445136/police-speaks-seun-kuti-handcuffed/
. Kuti has murdered sleep he will sleep no more. He has humiliated the Police Force it is their turn to humiliate him.
Abuse of drug in any form affects thinking and decisions on matter.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Adakintroy: 9:53am On May 16, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Normal procedure for hardened criminal, not a man that willingly submitted himself to the police

Why cuff a criminal?

To resist his use of hands to further assualt people or commit more crime

To prevent him from suicidal move

To prevent him from assualting fellow inmate in the cell

Not supporting assualt of the officer of the Law

But will South Africa and America not temper justice with mercy dealing with Martin Luther king Jr and Mandela grand kids

Funmilayo Ransome Kuti fought for Independent Sovereign country of Nigeria

She fought for Feminism and equal laws for women including women ability to drive

So she fight for this fight for that. But you no talk wetin pikin do.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by xtervaganza(m): 9:54am On May 16, 2023
I know Nigerian police don't cover themselves in glory but what is this nonsense of supporting a rabid animal

You charged at a police repeatedly and also slapped him. If it were America he won't be alive to face his crimes
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Pque(m): 10:01am On May 16, 2023
Handcuff is meant for someone resisting arrest, or not willing to submit to arrest, necessary where it is aim to prevent someone from committing an offence. S. 34 of the Constitution, citizen is entitle to respect of human dignity and shall not be subjected to torture or degrading treatment. As well as S. 7 of the ACJA. KNOW YOUR RIGHT. POLICE ACT even forbids this rubbish on non violent suspects.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Cmanforall: 10:02am On May 16, 2023
Peacemaker5129:
Kuti fvck up seriously
Everything is not about money

What if he sends thugs to harm or kill the guy?
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by xtivin(m): 10:05am On May 16, 2023
Peacemaker5129:
Kuti fvck up seriously
Abeg leave that guy, if eventually you approach am with the video if it was you I bet he will use same police to intimidate you and put you behind bars. Imagine Seun making video saying how we know how many police e don slap? Government fit humble anybody when Dem draw your choke. Let him get small sense.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Allisgud: 10:08am On May 16, 2023
Very arrogant idiot,I dont even know what he is singing self,ban igbo,this guy go forget how to play guitar
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by onuman: 10:09am On May 16, 2023
etzskillz:
Naija police is shit

Even lies, Nigeria Police tell.
It's not standard practice to handcuff a suspect who voluntarily reported himself to the police.

Mind game:
They have used a Yoruba to tell the lie about why they handcuffed Seun Kuti.
If Seun Kuti was Igbo; they would use an Igbo to tell this lie. It's Fulani mind game in Nigeria. That's how a small minority Fulani holds the largest ethnic groups in Nigeria at the jugular.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Saidfx(m): 10:12am On May 16, 2023
It is normal to detest a Nigerian police, but it is unusual to slap or hit them. But I heard some people in the east feast on them. It's well and we move!
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by nedekid: 10:22am On May 16, 2023
Peacemaker5129:
Kuti fvck up seriously
He wount have settled you because before his arrest as he then did not understand the gravity of the crime he commited. Someone that has boasted of the number of policemen he had slapped openly on YouTube. Someone that is alleged to have fired his gun sometime last year and got away with it.
Maybe now, with benefit of hindsight and him suffering from his actions, you could have made some money as the camera man.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by jaxxy(m): 10:26am On May 16, 2023
Our police service are not very honest bt we must give them benefit of doubt.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by zoedew: 10:36am On May 16, 2023
Best to say the suspect needed to be restrained because he previously manifested violent tendencies.

1 Like

Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by zoedew: 10:37am On May 16, 2023
Peacemaker5129:
Kuti fvck up seriously
Blackmailers never end well! Aren’t you afraid of letter-bomb?🤔
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by SamOchuko: 10:41am On May 16, 2023
ebukajay184:
The spokesperson of the Nigeria Police Force, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, has explained that it is a normal procedure for any suspect to be handcuffed before detention, IGBERETV reports.

Some Nigerians queried the police for putting handcuffs on singer Seun Kuti after he turned himself in. Responding to one of such queries, Adejobi explained that it is a normal procedure to place a suspect in handcuffs before detention.

Twitter user @ajilomoto wrote;

https://twitter.com/ajilomoto/status/1658165091445923860?s=19

Adejobi replied;

https://twitter.com/Princemoye1/status/1658166466707873797?t=HTcks8s7oSuQePd5MGqLYA&s=19

https://igberetvnews.com/1445136/police-speaks-seun-kuti-handcuffed/

What is normal about putting handcuffs on someone that presented himself to you? Handcuffs is meant to restrain someone resisting arrest, there’s nothing normal about it.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by airsaylongcome: 10:50am On May 16, 2023
tesppidd:
lol

So what happens if a hardened criminal willingly submitted himself to the police?

The moment you are under arrest, you are placed in handcuffs. It's a procedural step. Once a policeman says "You are under arrest", he has to also cuff the person.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by rollandben(m): 11:09am On May 16, 2023
This is so unprofessional of Nigeria police. Why I tho institution keep disgracing Nigeria to the world. You handcurff a patriotic who surrendered himself for proper investigation. No wonder Portable(zazu) ignored their invitation to the letter. Nonsense
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by tesppidd: 11:11am On May 16, 2023
FullBlastLight:

U jst said a "hardened criminal"!

Is Kuti a harderned criminal? Huh?

Or, what is criminal in dealing a mere nasty slap 2 any Nigerian Police Officer? Huh? 🤔

U're not real abeg!

Learn to read and understand context.

The guy said "once you submit yourself"

He shouldn't have put it that way;

He ought to have said "if your offence isn't serious and you submit yourself".
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by rollandben(m): 11:12am On May 16, 2023
tesppidd:
lol

So what happens if a hardened criminal willingly submitted himself to the police?
May be Adejobi would Order his men to shoot him on sight. Set of pained and unprofessional uniform men
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by remi1444: 11:12am On May 16, 2023
airsaylongcome:

The moment you are under arrest, you are placed in handcuffs. It's a procedural step. Once a policeman says "You are under arrest", he has to also cuff the person.
Migwo oseh, this is not entirely true post the enactment of the ACJA 2015. I can't give you all the grounds for this but you'd be cuffed if the police:
1. Reasonably suspect that you are going to cause bodily harm to him or someone else ( I assume that they cuffed him due to the fact that he wasn't apologetic after the incident from his IG posts).
2. Believe that you'd abscond and probably resist arrest.

I can't remember the other grounds at the moment.

PS: I dun finally bag that degree grin.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by grandstar(m): 11:18am On May 16, 2023
The handcuffs and taking off his shoes publicly humiliated the suspect grin grin grin
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by airsaylongcome: 11:19am On May 16, 2023
remi1444:
Migwo oseh, this is not entirely true post the enactment of the ACJA 2015. I can't give you all the grounds for this but you'd be cuffed if the police:
1. Reasonably suspect that you are going to cause bodily harm to him or someone else ( I assume that they cuffed him due to the fact that he wasn't apologetic after the incident from his IG posts).
2. Believe that you'd abscond and probably resist arrest.

I can't remember the other grounds at the moment.

PS: I dun finally bag that degree grin.

Congratulations on this accomplishment. No wonder you rush use me as example with ACJA2015. I haven't read the Criminal Justice Act since the 2015 amendment so I would defer to you on this. But I'm certain that prior to that, police must dash you bangle if dem arrest you. Plus after Seun don land uniformed police officer slap, any wise police officer go dey cover their cheeks when dem see am. I wish they even cuffed his ankles and his neck sef.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by DJInfluence: 11:42am On May 16, 2023
tesppidd:
lol

Don't mind am. They will be the ones screaming preferential treatment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mompha Buys His 4-Year-Old Son N560k IphoneX (Video) / Bolanle Ninalowo Shows Off His Mother In Adorable Photo / Genevieve Nnaji And M I Abaga At Old Age ,see Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.