Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

How To Prepare A Perfect Akara (koose, Acaraje) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare A Perfect Akara (koose, Acaraje) (474 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shares Photo Of The 'Akara' Her Friend Made / How Different People Behave When They Want To Buy Akara - Pictures / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare A Perfect Akara (koose, Acaraje) by Sufian55: 6:40pm On May 16, 2023
Akara is not only enjoyed in Nigeria neither is it just a Nigerian snack alone, It’s known as Koose in Ghana and Acaraje in Brazil. Everyone irrespective of your country can prepare this and have a taste. Akara can be eaten as a snack and washed down with a stupefied drink. Make sure the Akara is piping hot and take with a chilled coke or fanta and you’ll be in food heaven! Am writing with my experience in Nigeria, I do not know if coke and fanta is a known soft drink in other countries but any chilled soft drink is a good mixture with Akara.

Required ingredients to make Akara
1. 3 mugs black- eyed or Nigerian brown sap
2. 1 small red onion
3. Hot racy pepper (Use Habanero Pepper or Scotch Bonnet Pepper or Fresh cayenne pepper)
4. swab( to taste)
5. Vegetable oil painting( for frying)
6. 1 to1.5 sweet peppers( voluntary)

Akara doesn’t need lots of ingredients because sap comes with a natural taste you don’t want to intrude with by lading it with lots of gratuitous ingredients. That means no crayfish and no seasoning cells. lately hulled black eyed or Nigerian brown sap are the stylish sap for making Akara. Store- bought sap flour doesn’t make great Akara due to the process they use in making the flour. Story for another day. 😊
The sweet pepper is for making Akara that’s coloured on the inside. However, skip the sweet peppers, If you want the classic Akara that’s white on the inside. You can also use Italian peppers or tatashe to achieve the colour.
Habanero or Scotch Bonnet pepper is atarodo, atarugu or ose oyibo.
Use tasteless and odourless vegetable canvases to fry Akara. Vegetable canvases vended in Nigeria and sunflower oil painting are good for this.
I recommend red onions for making Akara.

(1) (Reply)

Is Akamu (ogi, Pap) A Solid Or Liquid?? / Dog Food Available At A Low Cost / Pls, I Need Lake Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.