Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,767 members, 7,844,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) (3948 Views)

Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) / 'Women Dissing Women Is The Reason They Are Their Own Problem' - Tonto Dikeh / See Meek Mill’s Mug Shot As He Is Checked Into Prison (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Enemyofpeace: 4:11am On May 17, 2023
Could this be the reason the Nigeria Police was asking the court to remand Seun Kuti in Prison for twenty one days?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Switruth: 4:17am On May 17, 2023
How do you people reason self. Can he slap a police man elsewhere in the world and go free?

17 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Enemyofpeace: 4:23am On May 17, 2023
Switruth:
How do you people reason self. Can he slap a police man elsewhere in the world and go free?
go to court

7 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by SpatialKing(m): 4:35am On May 17, 2023
He shouldn't have slapped to police man

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by superCleanworks(m): 4:50am On May 17, 2023
His head must be full of many regrets right now

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by theophorus(m): 5:16am On May 17, 2023
If you have never handle power and probably lose it, you would never understand how Power corrupts and makes you think you are 'Above' everything and anything.

Seun messed up, but the NPF guys are already abusing the opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Iamicekid(m): 5:31am On May 17, 2023
Switruth:

Can a police man harass u anyhow for no reason other than looking good and even threatening to kill u anywhere in the world and go scot free, but it’s a daily routine in 9ja u fool

4 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Illegal1(m): 5:36am On May 17, 2023
Omoh.......nigeria police deserved to be slapped every day.they are of no use to the common man.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Illegal1(m): 5:38am On May 17, 2023
Switruth:

omoh.......senior man,be lyk ngpolice never harass u for road b4,if nt,u for no talk lyk dis...

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by aswani(m): 5:39am On May 17, 2023
Seun is a hot head. If you know you have a world tour upcoming, at the very least, be on your best behaviour or stay in your house to get out of trouble, not slap a policeman then do a silly video about it.

Fela, and I am in no way comparing both, was stopped from going on a performance by Buhari's military government, it just made him more popular everywhere, both here and overseas.

Seun will do his tour eventually and I hope he realises a lot of people, Egypt 70 band members, depend on him for their economic survival and advancement and behaves accordingly.

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by rummmy: 5:41am On May 17, 2023
Switruth:
but police can slap us anyhow and go free .
Life is all about give and take .
Uniform men are fast losing respect in Nigeria .
Respect is reciprocal.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Switruth: 5:42am On May 17, 2023
Iamicekid:

Can a police man harass u anyhow for no reason other than looking good and even threatening to kill u anywhere in the world and go scot free, but it’s a daily routine in 9ja u fool
The guy get luck self. Commend the policeman for standing calm to a slap. I guess you’ve seen how your father is now the fool.
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by nedekid: 5:45am On May 17, 2023
Switruth:
He can slap anywhere in the world, but he will be arrested and charged to court which is what has happened now. Who is asking he goes free? The work of the police is to charge him to court and then remove their hands, it is now left to the judge to handle the matter. Simple!
To start asking for 21 days detention and claiming a policeman is in coma is ridiculous and childish, obviously a plot to ensure he mises his foreign musical engagement. Hence the post by the poster you reacted to.
Thank God the judge has seen through the shenanigans.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Iamicekid(m): 5:47am On May 17, 2023
Switruth:
The guy get luck self. Commend the policeman for standing calm to a slap. I guess you’ve seen how your father is now the fool.

With ur reply it already shows how dumb u and ur generation are, so to a demented person like u encountering a police officer without been assualted is a win abi cause we are so use to the bad ones on our daily activities where as in other sane countries, a good police officer Na normal thing u fool
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Switruth: 6:19am On May 17, 2023
rummmy:
Respect is reciprocal.
Ok... two wrongs can never make a right.
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Switruth: 6:20am On May 17, 2023
Iamicekid:

With ur reply it already shows how dumb u and ur generation are, so to a demented person like u encountering a police officer without been assualted is a win abi cause we are so use to the bad ones on our daily activities where as in other sane countries, a good police officer Na normal thing u fool
kid
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by saintkel(m): 6:21am On May 17, 2023
Iamicekid:

na laugh I just de laugh here
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Gppgn(f): 6:53am On May 17, 2023
aswani:
Seun is a hot head. If you know you have a world tour upcoming, at the very least, be on your best behaviour or stay in your house to get out of trouble, not slap a policeman then do a silly video about it.

Fela, and I am in no way comparing both, was stopped from going on a performance by Buhari's military government, it just made him more popular everywhere, both here and overseas.

Seun will do his tour eventually and I hope he realises a lot of people, Egypt 70 band members, depend on him for their economic survival and advancement and behaves accordingly.
you and fela?
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Nairalander248: 7:23am On May 17, 2023
Switruth:

Police pikin spotted
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by DonBenny77(m): 7:24am On May 17, 2023
The loud him smoke is the reason
Dead brain cells
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Nuzo1(m): 7:28am On May 17, 2023
Very useless talk here and there.
One wonders whether some Nigerian youths are capable of forming a balanced opinion.

Almost all officers caught on video in recent times harassing citizens have been punished mainly by expulsion from the force. That’s a big deal!

Why then do you think they will watch you molest an armless officer and let you go free? Because you are Fela’s son and you have a tour coming up?

What a joke.

Look, both the civilians and the force men must learn to respect themselves in this country. We can’t continue like this.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Popesuccess(m): 7:38am On May 17, 2023
Switruth:
He is not going free, the attempt to keep him for 21 days for a bailable offence is the issue.
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by chicoMX(m): 8:09am On May 17, 2023
Just because he's got an upcoming tour, he now has the power to slap people (including uniform men) and go free.

He should be charged for assault and since the police man is now in coma, let them add attempted manslaughter.
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by gassbee: 8:40am On May 17, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
go to court
u mean d already corrupted court
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Alphanancy: 8:50am On May 17, 2023
rummmy:
Respect is reciprocal.
Oya go and revenge for us. First thing tomorrow morning go and tear a police officer better slap.
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by ominilongest(m): 8:51am On May 17, 2023
[b]E get one time like that wey police stop me for junction wey I dey pass no b today (on top bike)
E talk say my face too dey strong I look like a plug ( weed dealer )
Make I come down e wan check my cross bag (shuuu)
Me wey sapa dey hold.I just wan go charge my iPhone xr Tecno spark 9 and power bank.
This popo rough handle me.Dem b like 4.I dey frustrated to the bone.
I wan throw am one punch for face but the sapa in me dey calm me down besides everyone is watching (if this thing go cast on line i fit end up behind bars)
The sapa in me dey cool me down say guy "cool ur blood"
This weyrey don scatter my charger put for ground.
Weed dey yr bag! Make I check!!
Oga free me na ahba! I just wan go charge my gadgets
People don dey interfere and true true I just puff like 2 base of CO( colorado) and I still hold lighter for my ripped jeans.
But I don drop my claro (remaining ) for house so the weyrey no get proof.
We later die d matter sha.But I happy say I control my self that day despite on High substance.

We no know who dey watch us o.One weyrey fit dey one corner dey video d whole drama as e dey unfold.
Whatever happens with this men In black uniform just don't give them d chance to take u away.Stay calm and obey.
If u go beat popo and dem whisker u away. Them fit talk say you and Evans dey gather kidnap.
Them fit slam u 2years behind bars those Unfriendly Bastards.

Me.I value my peace of mind.I go charge reach home still poff my Claro and chop my remaining spaghetti with fried chicken sleep on top my soculent Bed.

If to say I let my anger get d best of me like seun did. O boy. O ma lo far o.[\b]

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by favour32(m): 8:59am On May 17, 2023
Iamicekid:

Perhaps he lives only in shithole.
Nigeria police negative behavior resulted to negative reactions from the people.
Action and reaction are equal and opposite.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:09am On May 17, 2023
Ofcourse. After God, na government ooooo. Fear them
Enemyofpeace:
Could this be the reason the Nigeria Police was asking the court to remand Seun Kuti in Prison for twenty one days?
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by ghettochild(m): 10:00am On May 17, 2023
Nuzo1:
Very useless talk here and there.
One wonders whether some Nigerian youths are capable of forming a balanced opinion.

Almost all officers caught on video in recent times harassing citizens have been punished mainly by expulsion from the force. That’s a big deal!

Why then do you think they will watch you molest an armless officer and let you go free? Because you are Fela’s son and you have a tour coming up?

What a joke.

Look, both the civilians and the force men must learn to respect themselves in this country. We can’t continue like this.
Does their expulsion equates to going to jail for people who slap or molest the police??
Please let's just be logical about it..
A policeman slaps or manhandles me... the force discontinues him from work...he goes on to enjoy free air and mobility.
I slap a policeman... if am poor.. they even manhandle me more before taking me to court...
I get sent to 2yrs or option of 1million fine...
The latter I don't hve.
I get to spend the next 2yrs in jail.
Well I think the police too needs to be jailed n not just sacked.
My own opinion tho..
The law shd be for everyone n not favour some folks.
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by Hydroxide(m): 10:07am On May 17, 2023
nedekid:

He can slap anywhere in the world, but he will be arrested and charged to court which is what has happened now. Who is asking he goes free? The work of the police is to charge him to court and then remove their hands, it is now left to the judge to handle the matter. Simple!
To start asking for 21 days detention and claiming a policeman is in coma is ridiculous and childish, obviously a plot to ensure he mises his foreign musical engagement. Hence the post by the poster you reacted to.
Thank God the judge has seen through the shenanigans.
and if they Decide to charge him to court immediately with the evidence, won't the court sentence him to more than the 21 days in detention? Whether he is in Detention or he is being charge to court, he go still spend pass that 21 days and likely miss out on his foreign language Tour.
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by nedekid: 10:27am On May 17, 2023
Hydroxide:
and if they Decide to charge him to court immediately with the evidence, won't the court sentence him to more than the 21 days in detention? Whether he is in Detention or he is being charge to court, he go still spend pass that 21 days and likely miss out on his foreign language Tour.

He has been granted bail, even if more charges is brought he will still be granted bail. Trial will commence. Judges are considerate, an adjournment will be made taking into consideration his commited musical engagements, so the issue of missing out his tour is far fetched.
Abi is naira Mali not performing around the world despite his ongoing trial?
Re: Could This Be The Reason They Want Seun Kuti Remanded In Prison (photo) by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:01am On May 17, 2023
Enemyofpeace:

Assaulting a police office is a felony.

Don't look for excuses. He committed a serious offence.

What we all need to do is to learn from this story. Always manage your anger. It doesn't have to be against just police officers, but even civilians.

Anger has landed some people in jail. Just small anger o.

No matter what situation I find myself, I always make sure never to go physical. What I usually do is never try to get too close to the person because when you get too close, there is a high chance, your hand might move, and do the unthinkable.

Keep your distance, abuse verbally if it helps, back away and get into your car.

Sometimes, most of the assaults people get into during road clash are avoidable.

Somebody hits your car. You get out to check. No damage or a mere scratch, let go, especially if the person is apologetic. Abuse (if it helps) if the person is being cocky.

Just avoid physical altercations so you don't buy market from Nigerian police.

I remember an incidence that would have cost the motorist just 20k. He ended up spending 10 years in prison for violent felony.

Anger is bad!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leona Lewis - Mission To Upstage Lady Gaga / Tonto Dike Weds Alex Ekubo Of Same Nollywood? / Pics: Kate Henshaw, Yinka Davies Striking Resemblance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.