Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,526 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. (1096 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by don33310(m): 1:11am On Sep 27, 2011
What made you think your religion is the right one.
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by mazaje(m): 8:25am On Sep 27, 2011
Indoctrination is what makes every body think his/her religion is the right one. . .
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by thehomer: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2011
don33310:

God. cheesy
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2011
don33310:

i would say the belief in science made evangelical atheists like dawkins stand firm on what they are propagating.

I read one of his comment on the new atheism movement and he openly said 'WE INDOCTRINATE RELIGION BUT WE TEACH ATHEISM'

enough said
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by jayriginal: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2011
toba:

i would say the belief in science made evangelical atheists like dawkins stand firm on what they are propagating.

I read one of his comment on the new atheism movement and he openly said 'WE INDOCTRINATE RELIGION BUT WE TEACH ATHEISM'

enough said
Reference please.
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by italo: 11:12am On Sep 27, 2011
Well, as a child, I was indoctrinated of course. I was taken to church, catechism, taught the prayers etc. But I became lukewarm in my teenage years, not going to mass, I just knew I was catholic but knew little about the faith. That lukewarmness led me to experience other faiths at least to certain extents. It was as a result of this that I began to think deep. There's only one God, so there's only one truth. If Christianity says Jesus is the son of God and Islam says he was just a prophet, then one of them is a lie, they can't both be correct. I started to ask Muslim friends about their faith more, and I studied what Islam n Christianity said about various topics. If the Quran says Jesus is a prophet of God it means Jesus wouldn't lie. And Jesus said he was the Son of God, also the Bible makes no mention of Muhammad so it was a no-brainer for me. It was easy to deduce who was right and who was wrong.
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 27, 2011
toba:

enough said

Lol, the question is what makes you think your religion is the real one not what someone else says about religious indoctrination. Or do you agree that you were indoctrinated and thats the reason only your god is real and everybody else is going to the infamous lake of fire.
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2011
italo:

Well, as a child, I was indoctrinated of course. I was taken to church, catechism, taught the prayers etc. But I became lukewarm in my teenage years, not going to mass, I just knew I was catholic but knew little about the faith. That lukewarmness led me to experience other faiths at least to certain extents. It was as a result of this that I began to think deep. There's only one God, so there's only one truth. If Christianity says Jesus is the son of God and Islam says he was just a prophet, then one of them is a lie, they can't both be correct. I started to ask Muslim friends about their faith more, and I studied what Islam n Christianity said about various topics. If the Quran says Jesus is a prophet of God it means Jesus wouldn't lie. And Jesus said he was the Son of God, also the Bible makes no mention of Muhammad so it was a no-brainer for me. It was easy to deduce who was right and who was wrong.

so tell us what you arrived at,
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
italo:

Good Christian, right undecided

You have not apologized yet for using swear and cuss words , abusing me and my parents.

But yet you follow Jesus Christ , right.

Keep deceiving yourself, Mary Worshiper !!
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by italo: 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2011
@frosbel,

I thought you were repentant. Judging from your OP.

Anyway, I'm sorry for using such language on you and your parents. I really am. It never gave me any pleasure. But you must realize that, just as you love your family, I love the Catholic Church (my spiritual family) too, probably even more. So at the time I just wanted you to get a taste of how I feel everytime you rain insults on The Catholic Church. I'm not saying agree with us or love us, you don't have to. Just like I don't have to love your family or you. I'm just saying RESPECT!

There's nothing wrong with airing opposing views in an atmosphere of respect.

I really hope you can really repent of this insultive attitude as you seemed to set out to do. You can start now, let this "Mary worshipper" you called me be the last of its kind not just on me, but on everyone else. Don't you see that everyone seems to talk bad about you? Atheists, Muslims, Christians - Catholics, Protestants, Pentecostals, non-denominationals, Jehovah's witnesses etc.

I'm not saying this to ridicule you and I'm sorry if I hurt you with anything I just said it in hope that we can all see a better Frosbel.
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by italo: 3:32pm On Sep 27, 2011
@diluminati,

Have you not read the OP?

It says "what made you think your religion is the right one?"

So I think my answer is sufficient.

I might give out more details later though.
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by IdiAmin2(m): 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2011
The topic is wrong and should be changed: You can't the words 'religion' and 'think' in the same sentence grin
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by italo: 6:58am On Sep 28, 2011
Well, you just did!

So if you say "you can't use the words 'religion' and 'think' in the sentence", you're the one who's WRONG and should be CHANGED.
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by don33310(m): 11:57am On Sep 28, 2011
@italo,thanks for correcting Idi-Amin. @Idi-Amin,the question is still standing.
Re: What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 28, 2011
Don't you see that everyone seems to talk bad about you? Atheists, Muslims, [/b]Christians -[b] Catholics, Protestants, Pentecostals, non-denominationals, Jehovah's witnesses etc.

Then I must be doing something right  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin  grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

God’s Anger At Sin As Narrated In The Book Of Romans. / Acts Of Boko Haram Since April Polls / The Death Of Our Lord JESUS CHRIST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.