Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us (573 Views)

Is Our Landlord Using Our Glory While We Stay In His House / My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time / Our Landlord Is Torturing Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by omolola100(f): 7:48am On May 17, 2023
Good morning everyone.
Our landlord called my mom and handed this letter to her yesterday, we complained about the roof of the house last year, the rain has almost destroy our belongings, although he promise to repair it once we make payment, up till now he didn't repair the roof.
He called my mom on March 10th that he has increased the rent from 45k to 60k, my mom told him we can't afford that amount and he told us to pack out,
Our rent expires by June and this man has been threatening us to leave the house, we no longer live comfortable in the house again.
We have been trying all our best to get a new apartment but we haven't been able to raise the money for a new apartment.
I'm just confused right now.
I planned to report this case to the police, people are advising me not to report our landlord....
I need your help and advice on this issue..
God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by Draslo(m): 8:07am On May 17, 2023
A lawyer did not write that letter, I assure you.
I don't know anything about Ekiti property laws but I can tell you one thing, he will spend money to force you out. Look for an alternative. Would have asked you to get a lawyer but looks like you're better off saving legal fees for your next rent. You're also better off without a leaking roof. Good luck
Re: The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by skedman(m): 8:14am On May 17, 2023
The letter is binding
It stated in it that your environment is always dirty
You told him of your non interest

Go and look for another apartment before your goods are thrown out

1 Like

Re: The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by omolola100(f): 8:25am On May 17, 2023
skedman:
The letter is binding
It stated in it that your environment is always dirty
You told him of your non interest

Go and look for another apartment before your goods are thrown out

The environment is not always dirty, I always clean the surroundings every morning before going to work, I can take a picture of the environment when I get home..
Just using that as an excuse, you can't expect us to cut the grasses in your own apartment.
Re: The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by omolola100(f): 8:26am On May 17, 2023
Draslo:
A lawyer did not write that letter, I assure you.
I don't know anything about Ekiti property laws but I can tell you one thing, he will spend money to force you out. Look for an alternative. Would have asked you to get a lawyer but looks like you're better off saving legal fees for your next rent. You're also better off without a leaking roof. Good luck
Thank you
Re: The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by gonzales38: 7:17am On May 27, 2023
I will advise you to contact www.paymyrent.ng

thank me later

omolola100:
Good morning everyone.
Our landlord called my mom and handed this letter to her yesterday, we complained about the roof of the house last year, the rain has almost destroy our belongings, although he promise to repair it once we make payment, up till now he didn't repair the roof.
He called my mom on March 10th that he has increased the rent from 45k to 60k, my mom told him we can't afford that amount and he told us to pack out,
Our rent expires by June and this man has been threatening us to leave the house, we no longer live comfortable in the house again.
We have been trying all our best to get a new apartment but we haven't been able to raise the money for a new apartment.
I'm just confused right now.
I planned to report this case to the police, people are advising me not to report our landlord....
I need your help and advice on this issue..
God bless you all.
Re: The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by DenreleDave(m): 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
omolola100:

The environment is not always dirty, I always clean the surroundings every morning before going to work, I can take a picture of the environment when I get home..
Just using that as an excuse, you can't expect us to cut the grasses in your own apartment.

I like you, lola..

Can i send you a dm? grin grin grin
Re: The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by omolola100(f): 9:59am On Sep 03, 2023
DenreleDave:

I like you, lola..

Can i send you a dm? grin grin grin
Yes
Re: The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by DenreleDave(m): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2023
omolola100:

Yes

Aiit. Kindly check ur dm.

Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by Finestgurlie(f): 11:54am On Sep 03, 2023
angry
Re: The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by Finestgurlie(f): 11:55am On Sep 03, 2023
omolola100:

Yes
Run ooo

Denreledave ?
hmmmmm
Re: The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by DenreleDave(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2023
omolola100:

Yes

Pls ignore that troll that just mentioned you now..

That's hów he trolls on nairaland
Re: The Quit Notice Our Landlord Gave Us by Finestgurlie(f): 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
DenreleDave:

Pls ignore that troll that just mentioned you now..

That's hów he trolls on nairaland
another victim of yours ?
Denreledave na wa oo

(1) (Reply)

Lands 4 Sale! / Secure Two Hot Properties For Yourself In Port Harcourt / Properties For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.