Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,455 members, 7,958,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:12 PM

Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. (3542 Views)

Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! / Siena Look! Volkswagen Passat Glx V8 Engine / Should I Go For Passat Vw Or Toyota Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. by nawfia(m): 8:39am On Sep 27, 2011
Good-day all,

Am thinking of pre-ordering a volkswagen passat 2007 model, American spec, i want something different (since everyone has a honda or toyota these days) grin grin

Will appreciate if the house can answer these questions,

1)is it a good car??
2)what are the pros and cons associated with the car?
3)is it expensive to maintain?, with respect to fuel consumption?
4)are the parts readily available and do they come cheap?
5)any other advise will be appreciated,

Thanks all smiley smiley
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. by nawfia(m): 10:04am On Sep 27, 2011
Nawaoh, angry angry

This is not cool, the main essence of having an auto section is not for selling cars alone, it should be a forum for discussions and proferring solutions to car related problems,

Please i need your opinions,
Femmy,inspired, viperman, everybody, abeg, help me,

Thanks,
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. by Shagati(m): 10:34am On Sep 27, 2011
I currently drive a 2009 Jetta bought brand new from Stallion Motors
Anytime I go in for scheduled service, I ususally sound out the owners of Passats and the general consensus is the same.
Most will never touch a non-German car again!  grin

1)is it a good car??
El fantastico! Gives you a driving experience different from the good ol' Japs
2)what are the pros and cons associated with the car?
All pros, little cons. Try driving it in Sport mode and truly you will become a believer. Once waded through widscreen high water for over 100m in Lekki and came out on top. I actually led the way for some chicken SUV drivers who only ventured in after they saw a VW do it and succeed. Only issue was that the horn failed for all of 3minutes after which it started working PERFECTLY to date
3)is it expensive to maintain?, with respect to fuel consumption?
Great fuel consumption in economy mode. Thirsty in sport mode but you wont care cos of the adrenaline rush!
4)are the parts readily available and do they come cheap?

Parts available everywhere from the main dealerships to Ladipo, Ikeja, Lawanson, Oyingbo etc etc
5)any other advise will be appreciated
Take advantage of superior German technology

Shagati
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. by nawfia(m): 11:34am On Sep 27, 2011
Thanks shagati wink wink, i appreciate,

Shagati:

I currently drive a 2009 Jetta bought brand new from Stallion Motors
Anytime I go in for scheduled service, I ususally sound out the owners of Passats and the general consensus is the same.
Most will never touch a non-German car again!  grin
El fantastico! Gives you a driving experience different from the good ol' JapsAll pros, little cons. Try driving it in Sport mode and truly you will become a believer. Once waded through widscreen high water for over 100m in Lekki and came out on top. I actually led the way for some chicken SUV drivers who only ventured in after they saw a VW do it and succeed. Only issue was that the horn failed for all of 3minutes after which it started working PERFECTLY to dateGreat fuel consumption in economy mode. Thirsty in sport mode but you wont care cos of the adrenaline rush!
[b]Parts available everywhere from the main dealerships to Ladipo, Ikeja, Lawanson, Oyingbo etc etc[/b]Take advantage of superior German technology

Shagati

the highlighted gladdens my heart bro, grin grin
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. by Shagati(m): 11:38am On Sep 27, 2011
Glad to be of service wink

I wish Sienna would comment here too.
His middle name is Volkswagen/Audi cool
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2011
OP,

Note that he bought his own brand new. If yours is a used one, then do not expect the same level of pleasure or reliability. My two cents.
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. by nawfia(m): 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2011
Atouba:

OP,

Note that he bought his own brand new. If yours is a used one, then do not expect the same level of pleasure or reliability. My two cents.

You are right man, but am buying a very good toks, very clean, my budget is like 2.5m, which i believe will get me a sound and clean one,

thanks for the advise though,
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. by Shagati(m): 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
Hmmm 2.5m is a VERY GOOD budget to get a VERY GOOD sample here in Nigeria
Trust me!
Removes the hassles of waiting and getting disappointed.
I'd rather buy an already landed car regardless of potential savings on self import/pre-order
My opinion though.
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. by Shagati(m): 3:32pm On Sep 27, 2011
Check this out:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-761728.0.html

I have no affiliation whatsoever to the seller

Shagati
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. by Fhemmmy: 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2011
[b]I just saw this and here is my review on the machine . . . . .

Apart from the sleek look of the machine, i think it is reliable and great. . . here are some of what we have known about it:

Amazing highway car; 36 mpg at 55 mph on a level is achievable. The cruise control makes travel effortless.
The styling inside and out is eye-catching
Choice of fuel (sometimes I'd use 93 octane, sometimes 89). VW recommends 91 octane . . Watch what gas you put into the machine.

However, it could be expensive to maintain and the reason is cos of some of the electrical issues that has plagued it, BUT if you do your proper maintenance, you will enjoy the machine.
It is not only good on gas, The technical know how of the ride on the road of Lagos is not bad at all, but i would surely advice that you take it to the dealer most times to take care of the machine, cos you wont want some "mechanic" to use you for lunch.

If i MUST ride one of this, i will make sure is well serviced and done well . . . . But parts are not too expensive and the fact that labor is cheap in Nigeria, you will fine

Good luck[/b]
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. by Shagati(m): 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2011
Great summary Fhemmy
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2007 Advice Needed. by nawfia(m): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2011
Fhemmmy:

[b]I just saw this and here is my review on the machine . . . . .

Apart from the sleek look of the machine, i think it is reliable and great. . . here are some of what we have known about it:

Amazing highway car; 36 mpg at 55 mph on a level is achievable. The cruise control makes travel effortless.
The styling inside and out is eye-catching
Choice of fuel (sometimes I'd use 93 octane, sometimes 89). VW recommends 91 octane . . Watch what gas you put into the machine.

However, it could be expensive to maintain and the reason is cos of some of the electrical issues that has plagued it, BUT if you do your proper maintenance, you will enjoy the machine.
It is not only good on gas, The technical know how of the ride on the road of Lagos is not bad at all, but i would surely advice that you take it to the dealer most times to take care of the machine, cos you wont want some "mechanic" to use you for lunch.

If i MUST ride one of this, i will make sure is well serviced and done well . . . . But parts are not too expensive and the fact that labor is cheap in Nigeria, you will fine

Good luck[/b]

They guru has spoken, thanks fhemmy, volkswagen passat, AM COMING FOR YOU, lolzzzz cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, How Effective Is Car Pedal And Steering Lock / Free Vehicle Scan For Car/s & Suvs Owners In Lagos State / Neat Honda Accord (Evil Spirit) 09

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.