Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,601 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead (39472 Views)

86FB Accuses Flutterwave Of Freezing Its Funds Maliciously / GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account / Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by ijustdey: 11:37am On May 18, 2023
Man Cries Out After Polaris Bank Claims He’s Dead, Freezes Millions Of Naira In His Account

A Nigerian man, Olasele Anthony, has raised an alarm about how a commercial bank, Polaris Bank, froze his bank account by placing a Post No Debit (PND) on it in an attempt to allegedly steal millions of naira from him.

Narrating his ordeal to SaharaReporters, Anthony said he suspected foul play after his account with the bank became inactive and he was unable to carry out any transaction.

He said he contacted the bank and was told the bank was acting on a court order informing the bank that he was dead.

"On February 3, I saw my account was inactive/dormant. I contacted Polaris Bank, filled out every form required and been in weekly communication with agents/staff since then.

"Last week, when they ran out of excuses, they said I am legally a dead person. Polaris Bank is saying they have a court order from an Abuja court since March saying I am dead and a PND was placed on my account,
" Anthony said.

He further said that all efforts to get a copy of the court order from the bank had not been successful.

According to him, the bank has refused to furnish him with the legal document.

Anthony added, "My requests here are simple: Polaris Bank should send me a copy of the court order from Abuja saying I am dead and a hold (PND) should be placed on my account so I can go to the same court and show proof of life or lift the inactive status on my account.

"I want to see my own death certificate that was used to obtain the court order but Polaris Bank staff are not availing me of any of these
."

He questioned the refusal of the bank to give him the court document saying, "How do I know which court to approach with Proof of Life without knowing where I was legally declared dead?"

Anthony confirmed to SaharaReporters that a legal complaint had been written and submitted to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Polaris Bank to demand full details of what happened and for the PND placed on his account to be lifted.

An email that was sent to the bank for a reaction to the claim made by the customer had yet to be replied to at the time of filing this report.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/05/18/nigerian-man-cries-out-after-polaris-bank-claims-hes-dead-freezes-millions-naira-his

Polaris Bank Reacts:

Misleading information about Post-No-Debit(PND) on Customer’s Account

RE: PND on Customer's Account —Clarifying the Issue

Contrary to social media reports, Polaris Bank did not declare the customer dead, but was in receipt of a court document stating so, and the Bank has an obligation to respect Court documents and also protect the customer.

The customer has been engaged and availed the documents while a process has been initiated to confirm the genuineness or otherwise of the documents from the appropriate institutions.

The primary concern of Polaris Bank is to always protect the customers' funds first. We are working closely with all stakeholders, including security agencies and the customer, to expedite the process. Once the process is completed, the Bank will lift the PND, and the customer will access his funds.

Thank you.

Signed, Management

https://twitter.com/PolarisBankLtd/status/1658804880725757952?t=hnZp9Agay_DBzYyo4vUipQ&s=19

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by taylor88(m): 11:42am On May 18, 2023
nothing freaks me out in this government anymore

Don’t be surprised Polaris might present the mans death certificate before him and even show him some video clips and pics of his own burial and be like no be you die this thing here?

Buhari did it with NEPA certificate

Tinubu did same with INEC when he was asked to present certificate he say goat don eat him certificate

273 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by Poppia: 11:45am On May 18, 2023
That's not funny. It's been almost a month since my last 18k got stuck with UBA trying to transfer to my opay. money wey I suppose buy foodstuffs

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by Sofistcatdmoron: 12:15pm On May 18, 2023
grin
Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by manee2(m): 12:15pm On May 18, 2023
grin

I like Novia.. is she married? cry

1 Like

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by Adesomoakins: 12:15pm On May 18, 2023
Make you carry dem go court sharp sharp

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by EdiskyHarry: 12:15pm On May 18, 2023
How criminals now find Their ways to the bank is shocking

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by aysnoopy(m): 12:16pm On May 18, 2023
Nigeria is a fvcked up country. Nothing is working anymore

25 Likes

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by KingTom(m): 12:16pm On May 18, 2023
taylor88:

Don’t be surprised Polaris might present the mama death certificate before him and even show him some video clips and pics of his own burial

Tinubu did same with INEC when he was asked to present certificate he say goat don eat him certificate
You succeeded in saying nothing to be honest, those examples you gave are not relative to the situation at hand. Wetin concern bank inadequacies with Govt? Sho whine

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by Spuggie: 12:16pm On May 18, 2023
The name of the bank says it all.

1 Like

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by ChizzyBuna(m): 12:16pm On May 18, 2023
O
Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by alfa666: 12:16pm On May 18, 2023
Ghosts now want to access accounts.

Nothing man no go see for this country.

5 Likes

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by crystalpapers(m): 12:17pm On May 18, 2023
taylor88:

Don’t be surprised Polaris might present the mama death certificate before him and even show him some video clips and pics of his own burial

Baba this is not about government but about the greedy attitude and wickedness of Nigerians. We are exactly who our politicians are, the little difference is that we are not yet in power.

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by Killerbag36: 12:17pm On May 18, 2023
Nigeria na waiting again
Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by bigdammyj: 12:17pm On May 18, 2023
Reading...
Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by MightyHand(m): 12:17pm On May 18, 2023
Very annoying set of people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by Joyson: 12:17pm On May 18, 2023
Hmm nah was oo for obodo Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by seunny4lif(m): 12:17pm On May 18, 2023
Nothing new in this country again
Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by Justbeingreal(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2023
THIS NEWS JUST GET AS E BE AND IT AIN'T FUNNY AT ALL BANKS WHAHALA IS GETTING OUT OF HAND.

PERSON NOR GO FIT KEEP MONEY FOR BANK GET REST OF MIND AGAIN.

WHO GET ACCOUNT DE ALIVE BANK DE TALK OF COURT ORDER WHO CARRY THE MATTER TO COURT.

WHICH KIND NONSENSE BE THIS.

THIEVES EVERYWHERE..

17 Likes

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by fkelly(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2023
This is how Bank personnel's makes their money over night, but this one didn't even investigate if u are alive.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by safarilove(m): 12:19pm On May 18, 2023
what a funny country we are in..
Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by Seequadry(m): 12:19pm On May 18, 2023
grin
Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by holuwhagbenga(m): 12:19pm On May 18, 2023
Is his death una death Let him die first nah!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by Fearyourcreator: 12:19pm On May 18, 2023
taylor88:

You don dey run mad small small

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by obedience4(m): 12:20pm On May 18, 2023
What did i just read now!

1 Like

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by lomprico(m): 12:20pm On May 18, 2023
It is finished !
Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by illicit(m): 12:21pm On May 18, 2023
Hmmm Union Bank

If I hear say I die lasan....

undecided

8 Likes

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by mechanics(m): 12:21pm On May 18, 2023
Hmmmm, they should have contacted his next of kin to know the true state of situation.

4 Likes

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by ACRI: 12:21pm On May 18, 2023
Thunder fire Polaris Bank

and ZENITH Bank, Big thunder fire you...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by theophorus(m): 12:22pm On May 18, 2023
Well, their main Goal na to protect customers Funds.

But wetin dem go use am do after that 'protect' things ehn, I no know ooo.

Una dey protect customers funds but 'working boys' dey always move their money.

Una well done 'Protect' ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead by TriCee: 12:22pm On May 18, 2023
Lol, you do anyhow, banks go declare you dead and chop your money grin

Shouldn't they all be concerned about who obtained the court order, and for what reason. It could be an enemy or even family member.

14 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christmas: Crowd At Owerri Mall, Shoprite (Photos) / How Do I Start An Oil And Gas Business In Nigeria / Dangote: “Bill Gates Turned Me Into A Different Person”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.