Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,538 members, 7,812,668 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

The Story Of Madam Koi Koi - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Story Of Madam Koi Koi (21683 Views)

Madam & Her Maid: This Happened In The Church Today. / My House Maid Has Become My Madam In My Own Home / My Madam And Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by RTID: 5:00pm On May 18, 2023
The story of Madam Koi Koi, a ghost in Nigerian and African urban legend who haunts dormitories, hallways and toilets in boarding schools at night.

Madam Koi Koi is a ghost in Nigerian and African urban legend who haunts dormitories, hallways and toilets in boarding schools at night, while in day schools she haunts toilets and students who come to school too early or leave school late.

She is often depicted wearing a pair of red heels or wearing a single heel.

The story of Madam Koi Koi has survived the times and still haunts many secondary school students in their nightmares.

In Nigeria, there are several popular myths that have endured for many decades,

Myths such as Queen of the Coast and Bush Babies are some of the most popular myths in Nigeria. They are legends told from generation to generation.

One of such legends or myths is the legend of Madam Koi Koi. No one knows exactly when the story started but the story of a ghost female teacher with red high heels has haunted boarding schools in Nigeria for decades.

This is the legend of Madam Koi Koi. There are several stories but this is the most popular one. Once upon a time there was a beautiful teacher in a secondary school at Aba, Saint Maria located at Holloway CRESCENT.

She was known for her beauty and her red heels which she wore upon her death. Whenever she walked in the hallways her shoes will make one sound ‘Koi Koi’.

It was also said she was very nasty to students and would beat them up for no given reason. You could say she was hated. Sometimes she will write on the on the school chalkboard, I will be coming tomorrow.

Legend has it that she was feared when she slapped a female student and injured her ear. On her journey back home, Madam Koi Koi was involved in an accident and died.

Before she died she swore that she would have her revenge on the school and its students. According to legend her grave was chain but madman unchain it making it possible for her to continue to hunt her students

Not too long after, students of the secondary school said at night they would hear a ‘Koi Koi’ sound in the hallways of their dormitories after lights out, almost like the clicking of heels on a floor.

Till today this story persists. It is said Madam Koi Koi only comes out at night to haunt students. The stories have gone beyond one secondary school to other secondary schools in Nigeria.

Is there really a story about the ghost of a female teacher haunting students or is this a tale made up by teachers to discourage students from wandering during lights out?

Was She Real?
So, the tale then was that she or rather her restless spirit goes from school to school tutoring students.

What’s your take ?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by Biafraaa: 3:35pm On May 19, 2023
Lol. I can't forget this story and how we use to run away from class too including the teachers. I don't even know if it's real or not I just run when I see everyone running back then. Lol. Children nowadays are missing a lot. Lol.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by Honoredeblazac: 3:35pm On May 19, 2023
I saw madam Koi Koi few years ago while I was at a boarding school in Enugu. I am even ashamed of saying it because it look like I am lying. But while she had one leg like everyone said, she wasn’t wearing a red shoe, instead, she had hairy horse feet

Her face look like a white lady who was painted brown and she had red eyes and golden brown hair. She was coming towards me like and floated on air, but despite that, I was hearing koi koi koi. Then I fainted, and woke up the next morning.

I don’t know whether it was the rubber solution I sniffed that day that was disturbing me but I know what I saw. When I woke up the next morning, I had voluminous quantities of whitish liquid inside my paints and was exhausted.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by IyaTola: 3:35pm On May 19, 2023
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by mbahdi(m): 3:35pm On May 19, 2023
Miracle
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by safarilove(m): 3:35pm On May 19, 2023
interesting..
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by prosper606(m): 3:35pm On May 19, 2023
People can lie that year oo, Some go say them even see am with their koro koro eyes

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by 5iine: 3:36pm On May 19, 2023
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:36pm On May 19, 2023
Honoredeblazac:
I saw madam Koi Koi few years ago while I was at a boarding school in Enugu. I am even ashamed of saying it because it look like I am lying. But while she had one leg like everyone said, she wasn’t wearing a red shoe, instead, she had hairy horse feet

Her face look like a white lady who was painted brown and she had red eyes and golden brown hair

DJ YK mule........ 😉 😜 😉

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by SoftP(m): 3:36pm On May 19, 2023
Da heck is this?

2023 & still debating epics of willy-willy…

your matés are making robots occupying restaurant services in Japan & China…

Naija , we’ve got to grow past these fairy tales.

What da heck is koi-koi

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by Savechild23: 3:36pm On May 19, 2023
Ms koi
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by jamesversion: 3:36pm On May 19, 2023
And how this garbage made the frontpage is appalling .. undecided
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by Evestar200(f): 3:36pm On May 19, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by OB7Foreva(m): 3:36pm On May 19, 2023
If google could make us believe the 99-1 super eagles vs india score, nothing anybody fit tell me say madam koi koi no dey real, I still feel terrified anytime I listen pple talk about it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by Caramia2020(m): 3:36pm On May 19, 2023
Continue
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by mhktaryan: 3:36pm On May 19, 2023
Bull
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by Flick490(m): 3:37pm On May 19, 2023
Haaa
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by casualobserver: 3:37pm On May 19, 2023
these kinds of stories always come from the east.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by Fryx: 3:37pm On May 19, 2023
She hunts women hostel….period.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by muzilala: 3:37pm On May 19, 2023
It is real
I saw it in Logiss
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by joshjc(m): 3:37pm On May 19, 2023
If this story was an American story, they would have made an epic horror movie from it, but unfortunately, Nollywood is all about gangs, and princesses falling in love with a poor man

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by ednut1(m): 3:38pm On May 19, 2023
Nigerians and lies ehn. Same way they say indian beat us 99-1 . With okwaraji scoring one goal and dying.

7 Likes

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by Investorozay: 3:38pm On May 19, 2023
Horror movie story line

6 Likes

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by lomprico(m): 3:38pm On May 19, 2023
It's just an urban legend common among secondary schools boarding house.

8 Likes

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by cremedelacreme: 3:38pm On May 19, 2023
grin
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by Johnnoah1st: 3:38pm On May 19, 2023
Have experienced this once

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by ipobarecriminals: 3:38pm On May 19, 2023
N
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:38pm On May 19, 2023
Aloo Oo
Re: The Story Of Madam Koi Koi by dondodo: 3:39pm On May 19, 2023
Do you still believe that Obi will still reclaim his mandate?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When He Says I Don't Owe You Happiness. Will You Still Remain In The Marriage? / What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? / Man Spits On His Wife After Chasing Wife & Children Away In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.