Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:13 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (523213 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2023
Tier4Dependant:

Na to tell employer say you go join them after you graduate.

grin

They won't wait na
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
You are correct you can't use share code for the application if you are on some category of visa like study visa.

Nelsmannnnnnnnn:

Yes Ma'am, I read the share code info on the form but when I tried using the link provided to login, it said my details can't be found.

How did you do yours using the share code?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:

How did you do yours using the share code?
https://www.gov.uk/id-for-driving-licence

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2023
It doesn't work for study visa holders though... I know this cos I tried same route too without luck.

giselle237:

https://www.gov.uk/id-for-driving-licence
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2023
Progressivegee:

Okay bro. I might as well leave it that way and face the music. My insurance company however said the insurance covers carpet or wall stains by kids and damage to furniture

Sorry I mistakenly quoted you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2023
it is less than 6months visit. .. thanks
bigtt76:
No need for Covid19 certificate but if you are staying more than 6 months in the UK, the you need tuberculosis certificate

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2023
hustla:
Just wondering, does it make sense for students to start applying for jobs now given one cant switch to work visa anymore even via sponsorship?

Many organisations, especially the big ones, have long onboarding process. So, it's not too early to start applying especially if you have just a few months to finish. And as someone said up there, attending now will help you prepare better when you finally want to hit the job market actively.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2023
bigtt76:
It doesn't work for study visa holders though... I know this cos I tried same route too without luck
okay.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ralphlauren(m): 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
bigtt76:
Are you suggesting here that dependent is not married to the MA? 😳

Did she declare the kids at the point of applying as dependent to the contracted MA? If not then she would have plenty shalaye to make. All the best to her.

Nigerians shaaa.... They will abuse everything 🤦🏿‍♂️

I'm surprised this arranged marriage is news to you and some people on this thread. Lol.

Go to X (formerly known as twitter), you will see people shamelessly advertising/soliciting for "dependents" under this "sham" marriage agreement.

If its that bad on X, now imagine other platforms.

The current abuse of UK immigration system is soooooo bad. I have never seen it as bad as this before. undecided
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 5:14pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ooh I'm aware of it, I was only shocked at the boldness of the questions 😂

Ralphlauren:

I'm surprised this arranged marriage is news to you and some people on this thread. Lol.

Go to X (formerly known as twitter), you will see people shamelessly advertising/soliciting for "dependents" under this "sham" marriage agreement.

If its that bad on X, now imagine other platforms.

The current abuse of UK immigration system is soooooo bad. I have never seen it as bad as this before. undecided
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2023
Treadway:
lol..your friend has two very lovely options.
1. She lives a double life, maybe even kuma get involved with her new husband😁 and resign to visiting Nigeria yearly to see her ex-family.

2. Let the 'ex-husband' also get care visa that will bring him to the UK and they can re-unite that way. Husband will come in as single dad with the two kids. End of adventure!

Option 2 won't work without another round of lies and deceit because original husband will have to prove he has sole custody of the children via court order,or that he is a widower.

This situation is a prime example of using a long term solution to solve a short term problem. In the end it will take far longer and cost more to be together as a family in the UK, if at all.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2023
Hello, no I'm not going to university of brighton rather uni sussex

kinkyhead:
Hello I sent you an email now because I noticed you are going to university of brighton. I am as well. Pls can we connect. For the enrollment process, were you able to login into unicard to upload your photo? I am having issue pls direct me how if you have.
Thanks

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2023
Zahra29:

Option 2 won't work without another round of lies and deceit because original husband will have to prove he has sole custody of the children via court order,or that he is a widower.

This situation is a prime example of using a long term solution to solve a short term problem. In the end it will take far longer and cost more to be together as a family in the UK, if at all.

she/they are already neck deep in the lies and deceit. She/they might as well go all the way.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2023
LionInZion:

Many organisations, especially the big ones, have long onboarding process. So, it's not too early to start applying especially if you have just a few months to finish. And as someone said up there, attending now will help you prepare better when you finally want to hit the job market actively.

Hmm
Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Owoado(m): 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2023
Owoado:
Amex don gimme increase twice, I no even want again.

Try Vanquis....they carry out soft check first for eligibility (pls confirm). I have their card and they're even doing bonus of £25 for both referrer and new applicant using the link.

Anyone wants to use Vanquis card here's my referral link https://www.vanquis.co.uk/raf-app?code=78389F9CA88C0C296E8D

Disclaimer- Please DoYourOwnResearch in relation to credit card usage and financial discipline
For the Vanquis, both of us get £25 each if your application is successful
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2023
Owoado:
For the Vanquis, both of us get £25 each if your application is successful

I just used your referral link successfully and got a message saying ive been granted £1,200. Waiting for the card and the £25.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (580) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students

Viewing this topic: Uk2020, Bukad(m), Peerielass and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.