Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (468674 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:46am On Sep 21, 2023
yolkman20:

This was my only regret. I was just too mad to make the right decision or necessary step. I immediately told my uncle wife to come carry her pot and it led to a massive argument that night, she said since they've cooked with it, there's no going back, my wife also rang the dealer the next day and she said the same thing.

I should've brought the matter here or look them up online and give them a shout, I never did. I believe I my argument can be based on the fact that they lied that we can't return it when we had 14days cooling period to get out of the contract.

Note that the DD is on Wifey's account but I've been the one paying it.

The money might be coming out of your account, BUT whose name is on the agreement.........

If it's in Madam's name....... To your tent o'israel.......🤣😂

Nah Madam name go spoil + nah she den go dey chase ........

NB: How it affects you...... If you're hoping to buy a property soonest with Madam, once she gets blacklisted, the mortgage rate you would get, would not be the best + after the blacklist is done ........

Your pot customers would charge the debt, to your property (if you buy a property, before debt becomes statute barred).......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2023
hayesconcept:
My wife cousin introduced the pot to her some weeks ago. The company even call her and they did the presentation and those paparazzi of a thing. As we speak now my wife don block both her cousin and the company reps😂😂. Na money to buy house we dey find not a pot

We seem to be going potty, this week ...... We suppose invite Naira Marley........🤣😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Newlymarried: 8:59am On Sep 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

We seem to be going potty, this week ...... We suppose invite Naira Marley........🤣😂
Please bro,Is there any bank I can convert my Naira to pounds without using my brp which is not ready yet?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2023
hayesconcept:
My wife cousin introduced the pot to her some weeks ago. The company even call her and they did the presentation and those paparazzi of a thing. As we speak now my wife don block both her cousin and the company reps😂😂. Na money to buy house we dey find not a pot

Lol grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:06am On Sep 21, 2023
Newlymarried:

Please bro,Is there any bank I can convert my Naira to pounds without using my brp which is not ready yet?

You want the bank staff, to push their emergency button.......... 🤣😭

Wait, did you travel to the UK, with raw naira notes....... If you did, how much naira....... 😊
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Newlymarried: 9:08am On Sep 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You want the bank staff, to push their emergency button.......... 🤣😭

Wait, did you travel to the UK, with raw naira notes....... If you did, how much naira....... 😊
No ,it’s on my bank account
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:09am On Sep 21, 2023
Newlymarried:

No ,it’s on my bank account

Just do trade by barter........ Look for someone that needs naira, and collect their £......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Newlymarried: 9:25am On Sep 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Just do trade by barter........ Look for someone that needs naira, and collect their £......
Na wah oh

I have even tried most apps but they keep asking for brp and I don’t know who to trade my Naira in my account with

Am based in north east ,any one?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2023
koonbey:

Hm.
A DD for an ongoing service like a gym or subscription is very different from a DD attached to a credit agreement.
This one is the latter, and if he stops it, it could reflect as a default on his credit record. He needs to check if the credit agreement is already on his credit record - if it is, then it would not be prudent to stop it on his own.
Hello I have been in same shoes… The cows are here on this same thread.. if I talk more, fight will happen now now because I am not talking about ongoing gym, internet or any subscription. Can you please not assume?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 9:47am On Sep 21, 2023
Newlymarried:

Na wah oh

I have even tried most apps but they keep asking for brp and I don’t know who to trade my Naira in my account with

Am based in north east ,any one?
Try Lemonade
https://referral.lemfi.com/invite/e6iu
I believe they accept your passport as ID.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunny4lif(m): 9:50am On Sep 21, 2023
Treadway:
Omo you go fear hustle oo...all for 500pounds.🤣🤣🤣

So wait, you are actually having sleepless nights about this why??
Cos you didn't put your foot all the way down when it mattered! This story is kinda like Uncle held your hand and wanted to put it in a fire, I would have expected you'd yank your hands clear off. No disrespect in self-preservation. They bought it, they should pay for it. I don't care if the uncle was part of those who gave me one of my names, I ain't gonna pay one penny! So you dey actually pay..lol. It is well.🤣

I swear
The guy should not pay the money, because neither him or his wife signed any contract with the DD.
Whosoever order for the pots, should pay.
That’s wickedness at the highest order, as I can’t believe what I just read from the guy.
4K pounds for POTS, abi he meant to write 400 pounds.

Reason, I always tell people that run from Nigerians, they will finish you if care is not taken.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2023
seunny4lif:

I swear
The guy should not pay the money, because neither him or his wife signed any contract with the DD.
That’s wickedness at the highest order, as I can’t believe what I just read from the guy.

Reason, I always tell people that run from Nigerians, they will finish you if care is not taken.

Welcome back
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:15am On Sep 21, 2023
seunny4lif:

I swear

E never finish...... About the same time this magically pot was the vogue, amongst Nigerian/Ghanaian wives........ A vacuum cleaner was also been marketed........

Vacuum cleaner for £2500...........😜🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:16am On Sep 21, 2023
justwise:

Welcome back

Are you saying he is now back within the Nigerian ecosystem.......... 🤣😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:17am On Sep 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Are you saying he is now back within the Nigerian ecosystem.......... 🤣😂

Lol.. no comment
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunny4lif(m): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

E never finish...... About the same time this magically pot was the vogue, amongst Nigerian/Ghanaian wives........ A vacuum cleaner was also been marketed........

WTF cheesy
Vacuum cleaner for 2.5K pounds, are you for real?

Where Una Dey see all this madness, abeg.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunny4lif(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2023
justwise:

Welcome back
Lol
This your comment strong oooh cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:19am On Sep 21, 2023
seunny4lif:

WTF cheesy

Nah our Madam's we suppose ask ........😁🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by imback(m): 11:50am On Sep 21, 2023
Hi, does anyone know if one can apply for Affordable Rent while on Graduate visa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunny4lif(m): 11:53am On Sep 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Nah our Madam's we suppose ask ........😁🤣
God forbid bad things.

Money that someone will use as down payment for 2/3 bedroom in the county side, person use am for cooking pots abi the garri, I drank is affecting me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Globalshaper: 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2023
Vacuum Cleaner wey go Harvard! 😂😂

The Vacuum Cleaner must be able to fly me around the world for 30 years.

The Vacuum cleaner must be a private jet! 😂😂

seunny4lif:

WTF cheesy

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunny4lif(m): 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2023
Globalshaper:
Vacuum Cleaner wey go Harvard! 😂😂

The Vacuum Cleaner must be able to fly me around the world for 30 years.

The Vacuum cleaner must be a private jet! 😂😂

I swear oooh
Nigerians like madness too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
hustla:

How much do you think the red pots Hilda Baci used during the cookaton cost?

Some pots / utensils can be really expensive but £4200 is really on the high side for regular folk trying to find their way in the UK

What are the characteristics of the said pot? Does it use AI technology to prepare meals?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Knowlegeseeking: 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2023
Guys where is Semmyk? does anyone know him personally? is he alright?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Nigerians and classism.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2023
koonbey:

Investment of any kind is not illegal under the skilled worker visa. After all everyone is allowed to open and invest in government-enabled stocks and shares ISAs, and even get the bonus in stocks and shares LISAs.

The restriction is on work. So taking additional employment and being paid for work performed.

So the Govt. sees being paid for extra work done differently from income earned from investments made?

I get your point.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunny4lif(m): 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2023
hustla:

How much do you think the red pots Hilda Baci used during the cookaton cost?

Some pots / utensils can be really expensive but £4200 is really on the high side for regular folk trying to find their way in the UK
Bro, what kind of did Baci uses?
Those pot complete sets should be more than $500.

Unless the pot uses AI tech to cook and wash the foods or its diamonds pots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

The £2,500 vacuum cleaner go clean our sins?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2023
lavida001:

What are the characteristics of the said pot? Does it use AI technology to prepare meals?

lol.

They did a demo for us...they cooked yam without using water, fried chicken without using oil, cooked jeolof rice without oil or tomatoes, you can cook rice and stew inside one pot, healthy cooking etc. Omo the food sweet en, I no believe my eyes.

There are different packages, some sets, like £1k, some sets like £2k. It is the complete set that costs around that £4k and I believe that is what the wicked relatives went for on their behalf.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by moshuur(m): 2:14pm On Sep 21, 2023
AgentXxx:
Check out Amazon.force.com and put in location details
Boss on d Amazon site....I saw 3 options for warehouse 1) warehouse operative 2) sortation operative 3) fresh warehouse team member.

I'm guessing I fall into the 3 category...right?

Amazon have 80 hrs minimum per month which make me (a student) quality.

Modified.....I've applied already...hopefully, it'll turn out fine

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2023
hayesconcept:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

E suppose clean my sins too

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (542) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: lavida001 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.