Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,566 members, 7,770,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:59 AM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (472061 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 11:41pm On Jun 19, 2012
Can someone give me tips on how to apply for Italian student visa ? Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Vicjustice: 8:49am On Jun 20, 2012
rubenic: Can someone give me tips on how to apply for Italian student visa ? Thanks
Yes
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2012
Vicjustice: Yes
Ok thanks. How do i legalize my documents? Can the legalization be done in abuja? How much does it cost? What are the documents i need from my sponsor?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Vicjustice: 9:50am On Jun 20, 2012
rubenic:
Ok thanks. How do i legalize my documents? Can the legalization be done in abuja? How much does it cost? What are the documents i need from my sponsor?
WWhaw do you mean "legalise" your documents, who suggested that to you?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 10:11am On Jun 20, 2012
Vicjustice: WWhaw do you mean "legalise" your documents, who suggested that to you?
This was the message i got from the school:
If you are not a EU citizen **
Once admitted to the MSc Programme, you must immediately - anyway not later than May 2012 -
get in touch with an Italian Embassy or Consulate where the degree was issued, and apply for the
following documents:
a. Authenticated photocopy of the degree issued by a University or certificate attesting higher
education studies completed in a non-University Institution (subsequently to a secondary school
diploma obtained after at least 12 year of formal schooling), legalized by the Italian Diplomatic
Representative of the zone;
b. Dichiarazione di valore (declaration of the legal value) issued by the Italian Diplomatic
Representative in the zone where the studies were carried out;
c. Certificate issued by the University or non-University Institution, legalized by the Italian
Diplomatic Representative of the zone, attesting the examinations which have been passed, together
with their detailed programs;
d. Entry Visa for study reasons. Non-EU citizens should contact the Italian Embassy/Consulate in
their own country of residence and submit the requested documents in order to obtain the student
Visa. The deadline for completing the necessary procedures is set individually by every single
Embassy/Consulate, so you are advised to contact the closest one as soon as possible.
Very Important: Non EU-citizens are admitted to the MSc Programme conditionally on the full
compliance of the above procedure and all the Italian immigration requirements. In particular,
enrolment of applicants is conditional on the legal validity of the first degree, which is officially
declared by the Italian Authorities in their own country, and on the possession of a Visa for study
reasons.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

3 Likes

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Vicjustice: 11:54am On Jun 21, 2012
rubenic:
This was the message i got from the school:
If you are not a EU citizen **
Once admitted to the MSc Programme, you must immediately - anyway not later than May 2012 -
get in touch with an Italian Embassy or Consulate where the degree was issued, and apply for the
following documents:
a. Authenticated photocopy of the degree issued by a University or certificate attesting higher
education studies completed in a non-University Institution (subsequently to a secondary school
diploma obtained after at least 12 year of formal schooling), legalized by the Italian Diplomatic
Representative of the zone;
b. Dichiarazione di valore (declaration of the legal value) issued by the Italian Diplomatic
Representative in the zone where the studies were carried out;
c. Certificate issued by the University or non-University Institution, legalized by the Italian
Diplomatic Representative of the zone, attesting the examinations which have been passed, together
with their detailed programs;
d. Entry Visa for study reasons. Non-EU citizens should contact the Italian Embassy/Consulate in
their own country of residence and submit the requested documents in order to obtain the student
Visa. The deadline for completing the necessary procedures is set individually by every single
Embassy/Consulate, so you are advised to contact the closest one as soon as possible.
Very Important: Non EU-citizens are admitted to the MSc Programme conditionally on the full
compliance of the above procedure and all the Italian immigration requirements. In particular,
enrolment of applicants is conditional on the legal validity of the first degree, which is officially
declared by the Italian Authorities in their own country, and on the possession of a Visa for study
reasons.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
OK, that is because, you are in Nigeria and you are using Nigerian dealing with an Italian sector with Nigerian documents; now, this sector can not really tell of the legitimacy of your documents so, they want you to take the Nigerian documents to be "legalised" with authenticating stamps by their Embassy: If the documents were issued to you by an EU country, you would have been required to get apostiles on them. But it has all expired anyway

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
K. Any visa application tips for me? Thanks
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
@Rubenic. I won't lie to you d process is heculian and d embassy is corrupt. I did mine last year but it just came out this may. They said it will affect visa processing but dey gave me visa last year without it tho it came late. I might go this year any way. You will need to take ur credenatials, originals and photocopies to minstries of educ and foreign affairs in abuja for sighting. U will den translate the documents to Italian. This CN only be done by one of the approved translators At the embassy. You will also collect a police clearance I think at aalagbon before proceeding to d embassy where you will be asked to pay 52l at zenith bank. Before final submissions. Note that it could take btw 6 months and 1 year before the finish d processing and get back to you. There are touts you can used at their embassy but they will milk you. A staff their milked me dry last year. Lest I forget I think its their lagos embassy that process the legalisation. Don't mind my errors cos I actually typed on a mobile. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
boss-man:
@Rubenic. I won't lie to you d process is heculian and d embassy is corrupt. I did mine last year but it just came out this may. They said it will affect visa processing but dey gave me visa last year without it tho it came late. I might go this year any way. You will need to take ur credenatials, originals and photocopies to minstries of educ and foreign affairs in abuja for sighting. U will den translate the documents to Italian. This CN only be done by one of the approved translators At the embassy. You will also collect a police clearance I think at aalagbon before proceeding to d embassy where you will be asked to pay 52l at zenith bank. Before final submissions. Note that it could take btw 6 months and 1 year before the finish d processing and get back to you. There are touts you can used at their embassy but they will milk you. A staff their milked me dry last year. Lest I forget I think its their lagos embassy that process the legalisation. Don't mind my errors cos I actually typed on a mobile. Cheers.
This is serious o! shocked Anyway Thanks for the info. Is the Police clearance for Legalization or visa application? 521 Euro for legalization?

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2012
The police clearance is for legalisation and not visa. I mearnt to write 52k for the legalisation.

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
52k naira.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by superior1: 5:16pm On Jun 21, 2012
The process for Italain student visa is quite complicated. I have written several mails to their embassy email address for clarifications without any response. Anyone with adequate information should please clear the air.

@OP it is the ministry of education and foreign affairs in abuja that legalise ur documents what the italian embassy do is to certify them and give a DV (statement of value) with which you will then submit a pre-enrolement form.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
superior1: The process for Italain student visa is quite complicated. I have written several mails to their embassy email address for clarifications without any response. Anyone with adequate information should please clear the air.

@OP it is the ministry of education and foreign affairs in abuja that legalise ur documents what the italian embassy do is to certify them and give a DV (statement of value) with which you will then submit a pre-enrolement form.

It is not ministry that legalise. Ministry will just certify. Embassy will still use their lawyers who will write to d school to confirm your credentials. That is why it is called legalisation.

As I said, I applied for the visa and currently have what I would have used last year. Let me know ur questions so I can respond based on my experience.

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 6:20pm On Jun 21, 2012
boss-man:

It is not ministry that legalise. Ministry will just certify. Embassy will still use their lawyers who will write to d school to confirm your credentials. That is why it is called legalisation.

As I said, I applied for the visa and currently have what I would have used last year. Let me know ur questions so I can respond based on my experience.
Thanks for the clarification. Does one have to book appointment for legalization? i saw something like that on there website.when expertly did you submit your visa application last? were you given Dichiarazione di valore (declaration of the legal value)?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 6:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
superior1: The process for Italain student visa is quite complicated. I have written several mails to their embassy email address for clarifications without any response. Anyone with adequate information should please clear the air.

Thanks! Have you legalized your documents? if yes, how long did your take?where did you do it?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 7:05pm On Jun 21, 2012
rubenic:
Thanks for the clarification. Does one have to book appointment for legalization? i saw something like that on there website.when expertly did you submit your visa application last? were you given Dichiarazione di valore (declaration of the legal value)?

Its a bit long story but I will try and paraphrase. I got my admission late last year and proceeded to do thee legalisation. A staff initially gave me a false promise that he can facilitate it so I decided to put on for visa while waiting for d legalisation. I submitted my visa around early Sept but the visa came out alate October. Tho late for the school, I was surprised I was issued a visa without the declaration of value.

Yes, I have the seclaRtion of value now. I submitted Lte August last year but only got it may this year. This is what I will use if I still decide to go to Italy this year.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 8:07pm On Jun 21, 2012
boss-man:

Its a bit long story but I will try and paraphrase. I got my admission late last year and proceeded to do thee legalisation. A staff initially gave me a false promise that he can facilitate it so I decided to put on for visa while waiting for d legalisation. I submitted my visa around early Sept but the visa came out alate October. Tho late for the school, I was surprised I was issued a visa without the declaration of value.

Yes, I have the seclaRtion of value now. I submitted Lte August last year but only got it may this year. This is what I will use if I still decide to go to Italy this year.
How did you show prove of financial means? what documents did u use for the application?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
rubenic:
How did you show prove of financial means? what documents did u use for the application?

I had a partial scholarship and I was entitled to loan that will cover the remaining part plus the living expenses. However, I also submited the statement of my salary account that had over 2 miliion as at that time.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 1:11am On Jun 22, 2012
boss-man:

I had a partial scholarship and I was entitled to loan that will cover the remaining part plus the living expenses. However, I also submited the statement of my salary account that had over 2 miliion as at that time.
Thanks!. Can you please give a list of documents you submitted for the application? Did you book appointment online?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by superior1: 8:19am On Jun 22, 2012
rubenic:

I am not sure about that, I only know what what I did at the Ministry of education is called legalization, infact if you read up articles on DV, you will see it written that your document must be legalized by the constituted authority in your country before presenting it at the embassy.

rubenic:
Thanks! Have you legalized your documents? if yes, how long did your take?where did you do it?

Yep, I have done that at the process is quite straight forward, just go to Evaluation dept of the ministry of education at Fed Sec, Abuja with the orginals of your certificates and some cash, with less than 10k u will be through with the process, it shouldnt take you more than a day but i advice that you go there as early as possible the designated date.

@ boss-man, I want to know if you included your school transcript among the documents you legalize/certify at the ministry of education. They were asking me to ask my uni to send the transcript to them directly cause the transcript i took to them was my student copy. Did you say you paid 53k for the pre-enrolment at the embassy?, cause the last time i visited their embassy, they were talking of 110k.

The problem with the Italian embassy is that they don't have a clear cut process on their study visa, you have to rely on the explanation of the confused gatemen (since they will not allow you in to make inquiry) and i suspect they atimes front for corrupt officials of the embassy. I have been there to make inquiries two times and i left both times getting confused the more

2 Likes

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 9:40am On Jun 22, 2012
[quote author=rubenic]
Thanks!. Can you please give a list of documents you submitted for the application? Did you book appointment online?[/quoute

These are d do uments I can remember, the application form, my passport, towon passport photo, my credentials, a reference letter from my employer, six month statement of account, letter of admission and a letter from d school stating my scholarship Nd that they willl.accomodate me on arrival. I also made photocopy of a previous UK visa I had tho that is in my passport. You will not book appointment but rather go directly to the visa application center at lekki
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 9:49am On Jun 22, 2012
superior1:

I am not sure about that, I only know what what I did at the Ministry of education is called legalization, infact if you read up articles on DV, you will see it written that your document must be legalized by the constituted authority in your country before presenting it at the embassy.

Yep, I have done that at the process is quite straight forward, just go to Evaluation dept of the ministry of education at Fed Sec, Abuja with the orginals of your certificates and some cash, with less than 10k u will be through with the process, it shouldnt take you more than a day but i advice that you go there as early as possible the designated date.

@ boss-man, I want to know if you included your school transcript among the documents you legalize/certify at the ministry of education. They were asking me to ask my uni to send the transcript to them directly cause the transcript i took to them was my student copy. Did you say you paid 53k for the pre-enrolment at the embassy?, cause the last time i visited their embassy, they were talking of 110k.

The problem with the Italian embassy is that they don't have a clear cut process on their study visa, you have to rely on the explanation of the confused gatemen (since they will not allow you in to make inquiry) and i suspect they atimes front for corrupt officials of the embassy. I have been there to make inquiries two times and i left both times getting confused the more

Yes d embassy I terrible. I included my transcript cos it is necessary. They rejected my student copy too so I had to find a way of getting d original sent from d school to a friend, that's the copy I later took to them. Tho I sent people to do most of those things cos of my work demand. Yes I paid 53k last year but I don't know if it has changed.

You only need. The embassy for the legalisation and declaration of value. Its VFS that will handle visa if thva has not changed. I will post the visa requitment soon and the VFS contact no.

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
@Superior1 and Rubenic.

As promised, please find below the list of requirement sent to me by the Visa Center. This was last year tho.

Thanks for your email.

You do not need to book an appiontment as you can walk-in from Monday to Wednesday and Friday (8am to 1pm) to submite your documents.
The mandetory documents to mention but a few are:
-Passport
-Passport photograph
-visa application form
-Photocopy of passport data page
-Letter from the school and other correspondence
-credentials which must be legalized at the italian consulate
-financial support documents
-Any other document that might aid your application.

Your application can be submitted at:
The Italy visa application center
Block 94, Plot 23,Providence Str,
Lekki-Epe,Expressway,
Lekki Sheme 1,
Lagos ,
Nigeria .

2 Likes

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2012
@boss-man you've been really helpful. since the embassy is in-charge of legalisation does that mean i can do mine at abuja? because going to lagos will not be easy since i reside in jos. if i must go to lagos i will love to do the two together
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2012
[quote author=rubenic]@boss-man you've been really helpful. since the embassy is in-charge of legalisation does that mean i can do mine at abuja? because going to lagos will not be easy since i reside in jos. if i must go to lagos i will love to do the two together[/quote

All pleasure broda. I am close to Lagos so I didn't inquire about Abuja. However, my friend who wanted to do in abuja ccos of his closeness was directed to Lagos he was forced to do his in Lagos. I think its only lagos embassy that can legalise. Some of my would have been course mates had to come all d way from d east to lagos

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2012
Thats serious... Did those your to be course mates got their legalized documents on time? Since you submitted your visa application without the legalized documents, how were you able to scale through the huddle? Was just photocopies you submitted (without authentication) Sorry for too much questions o! cheesy I'm just looking at the likely hood of submitting my documents for legalization and visa application at the same time (i.e if legalization can not be done in Abuja).
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
rubenic: Thats serious... Did those your to be course mates got their legalized documents on time? Since you submitted your visa application without the legalized documents, how were you able to scale through the huddle? Was just photocopies you submitted (without authentication) Sorry for too much questions o! cheesy I'm just looking at the likely hood of submitting my documents for legalization and visa application at the same time (i.e if legalization can not be done in Abuja).

Two of those guys were already in Italy so it was easy to renew their visas I was given d visa tother with my friend that we applied from Nigeria. It was a surprised tho I noticed that the embassy wasn't that organiaed. All of them submitted for legaslisation while dey proceded to school and just got the legalised document this year. Luckily the svhhol understand d long processing and allowed for submition before d end of the year. And yes I submitted the photocopies of my documents without legalisation

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2012
thanks boss-man! Will keep you posted!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by superior1: 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2012
boss-man:
@Superior1 and Rubenic.

As promised, please find below the list of requirement sent to me by the Visa Center. This was last year tho.

Thanks for your email.

You do not need to book an appiontment as you can walk-in from Monday to Wednesday and Friday (8am to 1pm) to submite your documents.
The mandetory documents to mention but a few are:
-Passport
-Passport photograph
-visa application form
-Photocopy of passport data page
-Letter from the school and other correspondence
-credentials which must be legalized at the italian consulate
-financial support documents
-Any other document that might aid your application.

Your application can be submitted at:
The Italy visa application center
Block 94, Plot 23,Providence Str,
Lekki-Epe,Expressway,
Lekki Sheme 1,
Lagos ,
Nigeria .

The phone number and sddress is also included. Let me know as it goes. All the best.

How does pre-enrolment comes into play in all this?. I have been offered admission thou. and the school told me they dont need a DV to process by enrollment but yet asked me to submit for DV if the embassy needs it. Are you now saying one can just apply for visa without waiting for legalisation/dv from the embassy if the school will accept it?

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 9:31pm On Jun 22, 2012
superior1:

How does pre-enrolment comes into play in all this?. I have been offered admission thou. and the school told me they dont need a DV to process by enrollment but yet asked me to submit for DV if the embassy needs it. Are you now saying one can just apply for visa without waiting for legalisation/dv from the embassy if the school will accept it?

What your school said was exactly the option my school gave us. Many schools will do pre enrolment without the ddv. The rule of the embassyos that legalisation/dv is compulsory for visa. I submited for visa last year cos I thot the DV won't take long. an italian official categorically told us our visa will be denied. My friend withdrew it cos he didn't want them to stamp denial but I left mine. He resubmited when he discoverd I was given. This is why I said they are not organized.

When r you suppposed to resume and what school are yiu going? Did you try to send a mmessage to me?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by superior1: 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
boss-man:

What your school said was exactly the option my school gave us. Many schools will do pre enrolment without the ddv. The rule of the embassyos that legalisation/dv is compulsory for visa. I submited for visa last year cos I thot the DV won't take long. an italian official categorically told us our visa will be denied. My friend withdrew it cos he didn't want them to stamp denial but I left mine. He resubmited when he discoverd I was given. This is why I said they are not organized.

When r you suppposed to resume and what school are yiu going? Did you try to send a mmessage to me?

I am suppose to start school in September. Yep, i am trying to see if i can send you a private mail
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 6:48am On Jun 23, 2012
superior1:

I am suppose to start school in September. Yep, i am trying to see if i can send you a private mail
I would suggest all questions be asked here (on this thread) so that we can all benefit. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.