Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (459784 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:50pm On Feb 02
Mentholated:
Good evening all. Kindly help me with your advise. I stay in a one bedroom apartment with my wife and our daughter who is less than a year. Due to recent changes in my work, I won't be in town for a couple of months. We plan to apply for a visiting visa for my mother in law. The room is very big and the three of them can stay there while I sleep at the lounge the few times I come around.

We like the apartment due to cost and location but are willing to move if we have to. I like to know whether the home office will approve the accommodation for my mother in law visit. Thank you.

So those very occasions you're around, when you finished your shower and your MIL is still in bed....... Where would you change your boxers and cream your naked body..........😂😜

Part of your requirements for a successful visa application, is accomodation suitability......... You would also have to submit your tenancy agreement, to support MIL application....... I don't think the accommodation, in its present form is suitable....... But what do I know........😀

Abi you wan dey explain to home office, you go explain you go tire ...... No evidence.......😄🌹

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 11:01pm On Feb 02
he's mentholated already, no need for cream. LOL

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 11:34pm On Feb 02
Lexusgs430:

So those very occasions you're around, when you finished your shower and your MIL is still in bed....... Where would you change your boxers and cream your naked body..........😂😜

Part of your requirements for a successful visa application, is accomodation suitability......... You would also have to submit your tenancy agreement, to support MIL application....... I don't think the accommodation, in its present form is suitable....... But what do I know........😀

Abi you wan dey explain to home office, you go explain you go tire ...... No evidence.......😄🌹
you are worried about him robbing cream, what of when he and his wife want to cream each other.
@Mentholated, you should be fine especially because you are away. Invited two parents when I was living in a two bed with wife and kid but I was often away. Had no issue with UKBA.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joy83(m): 11:36pm On Feb 02
July 2024
mayowa94:
when is the expiry date so that I can get some facts right?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:59pm On Feb 02
dustydee:

you are worried about him robbing cream, what of when he and his wife want to cream each other.
@Mentholated, you should be fine especially because you are away. Invited two parents when I was living in a two bed with wife and kid but I was often away. Had no issue with UKBA.

That's why I love premier Inn...... They would have to draw a timetable for cream rubbing and book rooms in advance..........😀🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 12:29am On Feb 03
Dappy25:
I booked a biometric appointment at Nigeria Passport Office, London for my baby. The date I chose was April 1st 2024. I booked it last year and realised recently that this date is a Bank holiday.

It seems they won’t be open on a bank holiday, I’ve tried to call the National Immigration service to confirm what I can do but couldn’t reach them. Also tried to reschedule online but I couldn’t.

Please does anyone have an idea of what I can do to reschedule the appointment and choose a different date?

Thanks.

I believe you can walk in after your appointment date.
You should also be able to reschedule it days after your initial appointment date .
I know you can get it done easily if you go to the cafe /business centre near NHC. If you give them your reference number, there's a way they login to retrieve your application and make print out for you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 12:37am On Feb 03
gmacnoms:
I know you have tried all, but just incase yu haven’t.

Indeed, Glassdoor , google “keywords” jobs near me, total jobs, cv-library. The first 3 🔥

Search with your keywords constantly.

If you think your cv needs help?
Resume-now dot com 👉 does magic

All the best

Yes bro, I have tried those job sites especially Indeed and Glassdoor.

I haven't heard of the resume-now dot com before. I will try that out. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 12:49am On Feb 03
I just PM you Sir.

Resurgent2016:

let's get in touch..please Pm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 1:30am On Feb 03
Schoolhike:

Hmn with this your experience channel your energy to Civil service jobs (try 10 -15 applications) could get as much as 5 interviews if application is solid and okay hopefully you get one or two yes.

Be vigilant not to apply for those positions that requires security clearance if you haven’t stayed in Uk for the required number of years needed for for the job (most happens with Home office vacancy any way )

Could give NHS a try as well, but would highly recommend the former.

Could check my previous post for more pointers.

Many silent reader came to share their testimony in my dm.

Which you good luck in job hunting.

Thank you very much for this bro. Does the council jobs covers as civil service?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:07am On Feb 03
Home office actively removing/revoking COS sponsors licence .......

Check if your sponsor is still active.......

https://licensed-sponsors-uk.com

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 4:14am On Feb 03
ReesheesuKnack:

If your interest is in a mostly left-leaning, Brexit-hating, and woke-leaning Radio with lots of callers calling in to moan and moan about the UK, the LBC is your go-to station. It’s 97.3 on FM (also available on DAB) and on the Global player app.

If you want some news, some drama, some comedy, some docu-series and general enlightenment, I suggest BBC Radio 4.

If you want a migrant-castigating, migrant-vilifying and hugely right-leaning radio, listen to TalkRadio or GB News Radio (available on DAB and on the App and on your smart speaker).

Those are the ones I listen to anyways.

Nick Ferrari,Iain Dale, Even Bonzos Sister has a show on LBC. They are all right
James O brien is their biggest star and is definitely left. I recommend LBC . I watch on YouTube everyday.

On another note,canvassing has started. Are you doorknocking for your party? I highly recommend it. You ll hear people's stories and laugh with random people. You do have to be fit as the walking no be here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:24am On Feb 03
missjekyll:

Nick Ferrari,Iain Dale, Even Bonzos Sister has a show on LBC. They are all right
James O brien is their biggest star and is definitely left. I recommend LBC . I watch on YouTube everyday.

On another note,canvassing has started. Are you doorknocking for your party? I highly recommend it. You ll hear people's stories and laugh with random people. You do have to be fit as the walking no be here.

In this era of acid pouring....... You wan make them demystify, my handsome face....... 😘😂😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Resurgent2016: 6:23am On Feb 03
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:

I just PM you Sir.

Responded, thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by fatima04: 9:45am On Feb 03
Na wa small time away pages don full ground.

Adulting, life abroad, work, family no be play grin grin

Nice catching up with the bants, love, success stories, politics, trash talking and all.

Congrats to Justwise you deserve your flowers 💐 💛, S25 Ultra loading

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by fatima04: 9:46am On Feb 03
hustla:

Yes, the axe is personal.. because I am here hustling in another man's land inside useless cold and these fooolish idiots who haven't' paid my mother's gratuity for 7+ years are using money to ferry a brain dead woman with plastic yansh to spend our tax money anyhow

You cannot tell me the subsidy removal is for the betterment of all and we have to endure for a while but you're buying 100M naira jeeps for your band of thieves

If them make me President for one day, burial ground go full

Haba woman don suffer oo, this comment shows hatred for someone that has probably done you no harm. Softly softly

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:12am On Feb 03
fatima04:

Nice catching up with the bants, love, success stories, politics, trash talking and all.

Small time? You need to be banned for disappearing for YEARS, grin grin

Joke apart..welcome back.i know you will disappear again very soon

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 11:28am On Feb 03
fatima04:

The original boss lady of the thread! Welcome back. Been a minute, a lot has happened, but it's been good here overall.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 12:28pm On Feb 03
missjekyll:

You listed three 3️⃣ right/centre-leaning presenters . That is negligible in comparison to the tens of leftists, including some that are borderline self-righteous far left folks. I think as far as LBC is, for every 1 right-leaning presenter, there are 9 left-leaning colleagues.

As for canvassing… I am still deciding who I want to canvass for. You see this UK parliamentary system of Govt, I don’t like it much. I would’ve loved if it was some sort of proportional representation system . But you see this first-past-the-post… I don’t like it. I give you an example. In 2019, I absolutely, absolutely loved my local MP. But I wholeheartedly detested what JC represented. In that occasion, I was happy cos I voted the red party, my local MP won. But the red party (under JC) didn’t form a govt.

I wish it was some sort of presidential system-like voting system, or at least proportional representation kinda system.

Unfortunately, as far as Westminster is concerned, from missjekyll’s red 🔴 party, to Zahra29’s yellow 🟨 (or is it orange) party, to the blue 🔵 party… none of them wants proportional representation in Westminster.
Sad.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 1:33pm On Feb 03
Check your PM bro.

Schoolhike:

Hmn with this your experience channel your energy to Civil service jobs (try 10 -15 applications) could get as much as 5 interviews if application is solid and okay hopefully you get one or two yes.

Be vigilant not to apply for those positions that requires security clearance if you haven’t stayed in Uk for the required number of years needed for for the job (most happens with Home office vacancy any way )

Could give NHS a try as well, but would highly recommend the former.

Could check my previous post for more pointers.

Many silent reader came to share their testimony in my dm.

Which you good luck in job hunting.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 1:57pm On Feb 03
Lexusgs430:
[/b]

In this era of acid pouring....... You wan make them demystify, my handsome face....... 😘😂😜

There is a high risk especially if you canvass for the tories.
But we canvass in groups for safety reasons and to cover more ground.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 2:08pm On Feb 03
ReesheesuKnack:

You listed three 3️⃣ right/centre-leaning presenters . That is negligible in comparison to the tens of leftists, including some that are borderline self-righteous far left folks. I think as far as LBC is, for every 1 right-leaning presenter, there are 9 left-leaning colleagues.

As for canvassing… I am still deciding who I want to canvass for. You see this UK parliamentary system of Govt, I don’t like it much. I would’ve loved if it was some sort of proportional representation system . But you see this first-past-the-post… I don’t like it. I give you an example. In 2019, I absolutely, absolutely loved my local MP. But I wholeheartedly detested what JC represented. In that occasion, I was happy cos I voted the red party, my local MP won. But the red party (under JC) didn’t form a govt.

I wish it was some sort of presidential system-like voting system, or at least proportional representation kinda system.

Unfortunately, as far as Westminster is concerned, from missjekyll’s red 🔴 party, to Zahra29’s yellow 🟨 (or is it orange) party, to the blue 🔵 party… none of them wants proportional representation in Westminster.
Sad.

You are 100% tory,my good man.Lol. If you move any further to the right, you ll be in Reform UK territory.
Canvassing is not compulsory. It comes out of a deep conviction about what you are selling.
I don't agree with some of Labour's policies but I have no fear about this product.

We can iron out the parts we don't like later.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 2:16pm On Feb 03
ReesheesuKnack:

Unfortunately, as far as Westminster is concerned, from missjekyll’s red 🔴 party, to [b]Zahra29’s yellow 🟨 (or is it orange) party, [/b]to the blue 🔵 party… none of them wants proportional representation in Westminster.
Sad.

Yellow as in Libdems? I don't think I've ever confirmed my affiliation to them, or Tories or any party in particular. I speak in favour of sensible, fair, principled policies.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:35pm On Feb 03
fatima04:

Haba woman don suffer oo, this comment shows hatred for someone that has probably done you no harm. Softly softly

Woman don suffer how?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:36pm On Feb 03
Lexusgs430:
Home office actively removing/revoking COS sponsors licence .......

Check if your sponsor is still active.......

https://licensed-sponsors-uk.com

shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 2:38pm On Feb 03
Zahra29:

Yellow as in Libdems? I don't think I've ever confirmed my affiliation to them, or Tories or any party in particular. I speak in favour of sensible, fair, principled policies.

Think well… you previously mentioned here that you were on the Ed Davey side of things… or was it the Greens 🥬 you mentioned? But certainly, you once professed your preference on this thread.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 2:43pm On Feb 03
missjekyll:

You are 100% tory,my good man.Lol. If you move any further to the right, you ll be in Reform UK territory.
Canvassing is not compulsory. It comes out of a deep conviction about what you are selling.
I don't agree with some of Labour's policies but I have no fear about this product.

We can iron out the parts we don't like later.

I don’t recall ever saying I am a Tory supporter ohh. What I recall telling is that the Keir Starmer Labour that you portray as ‘saviours’ share a lot in common with Nigeria’s 2014/2015 - date APC.

I recall saying that I want you to win me over to the red party by telling me more about the HOWs of Labour policies.
Although I am not a Tory (yet), I detest the way a lot of leftists portray Tories as some evil, inhuman people.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 3:15pm On Feb 03
ReesheesuKnack:

Think well… you previously mentioned here that you were on the Ed Davey side of things… or was it the Greens 🥬 you mentioned? But certainly, you once professed your preference on this thread.

Lol, I dont have to think hard to remember a party I support.

I've never said I was a lib dem supporter. Greens? shocked lol...

I like/respect Ed on a personal level as I respect how he's dealt with challenges in his family life, but I'm not convinced that their policies are sensible or practicable in the main.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jamesclooney: 3:15pm On Feb 03
ReesheesuKnack:

I don’t recall ever saying I am a Tory supporter ohh. What I recall telling is that the Keir Starmer Labour that you portray as ‘saviours’ share a lot in common with Nigeria’s 2014/2015 - date APC.

I recall saying that I want you to win me over to the red party by telling me more about the HOWs of Labour policies.
Although I am not a Tory (yet), I detest the way a lot of leftists portray Tories as some evil, inhuman people.

Keir Starmer is so wooden and stiff, with charisma of a couch potato. Anything his new ad comes on again on YouTube, I press skip so fast. On substantive matters, Labour doesn’t have a solution IMO for the most critical issues (NHS, Immigration, Lowering taxes/growing economy, fighting crime, LGBTQ+ etc.)

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Madeu(m): 3:25pm On Feb 03
Lexusgs430:

I am not sure this carries more weight to get a successful application. I did mine for someone, without submitting any tenancy agreement. I think My bank statements covers that aspect. The person got visit visa few days ago.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by aragbaboy: 3:31pm On Feb 03
My friend was in a similar situation in 2022, he applied for himself and the wife leaving the children out for their PSW.
The later got COS in 2023 and they applied to switch their visa and included the children and they didn’t have any issue. All visas were granted including the kids whose visas had already ran out. I don’t know if it’s they were just lucky.
Talk to immigration lawyer.

farnet:
Please people, has any of the below happened, and what are the implications?

Parents applied for Graduate visa and couldn't do so for the kids, all less than 6years old, because of fund.

Particular questions
1. Is there anyway it affects or will affect the parents visa?
2. In what specific ways does it affect the children?
3. What if the family doesn't have long term plan living here. Looking at moving elsewhere in near future. Does it matter or wouldn't it be a waste of scarce money ( let's say that have it) applying for children that won't be needing a brp for anything or right to work?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 3:52pm On Feb 03
Lexusgs430:

Quick question.

Peradventure the accommodation is not suitable and you pay a hotel room for them, is that acceptable enough?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:37pm On Feb 03
Raalsalghul:

Quick question.

Peradventure the accommodation is not suitable and you pay a hotel room for them, is that acceptable enough?

Someone already talked about tenancy agreement, not been too necessary..........

I just have a tick box I maintain, during visa applications......

So if she stays for 5 month's, you want to plant MIL in a hotel...... 🤣😀

Apply with your current accommodation and give us feedback.........

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Abuja1914 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.