Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (458463 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (530) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 11:15am On Jun 07, 2023
You better go and switch your Visa now. Naija High commission don turn to another thing. Since March wey I don do capturing my passport never ready up till now
deybholar:
Hello everyone, does anyone know if one can switch visas with a passport that has 4 months validity. Is there a need to apply for passport renewal? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Pearlyfaze: 11:53am On Jun 07, 2023
gergemam:
Here's to someone thinking someone can't earn over 50K for North

I am in the North East, I don join tech bros and annual pay is a little above £60k. Nor be only South get better Tech jobs.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
Pearlyfaze:

I am in the North East, I don join tech bros and annual pay is a little above £60k. Nor be only South get better Tech jobs.

Good for you. Congrats, that's a very good pay!

Not sure why you guys love this North-South talks though. Everyone should just enjoy and make the most of where they are or move if they want to.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Rubyventures: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
rinzylee:
Hello everyone.....Happy new month!!!

It has been a while.... as it st

Good morning!!!!

Nice write up, we will love to read more write ups like this.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
Solumtoya:

Good for you. Congrats, that's a very good pay!

Not sure why you guys love this North-South talks though. Everyone should just enjoy and make the most of where they are or move if they want to.

I honestly don’t understand.

Because absolutely nobody ever said jobs of 60k or whatever don’t exist in the North. It’s almost as if people are setting up a strawman argument just for debate’s sake - if I was cynical I’d say it was just so they can share their salaries but I know our people are not like that 😄

As you say, go wherever you want to and your research shows will pay you whatever you want, given your field.

C’est fini

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
Na wah ooo.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
lightnlife:
Na wah ooo.

He should have listened to his brethren here who go about advising pervs like him to badger African women instead.

Anyway, good for him. Should rot in jail for a long, long time.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AirBay: 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
rinzylee:
Hello everyone.....Happy new month!!!

It has been a while.... as it started to get quite hot with arguments and fights here and there.

Anyway...like I promised, I have been able to defeat my lazy self and decided to finally pen down my experience with Egypt air to and fro Nigeria.

To start.... who gave that negative review? 🤔

Aha.... here we go. Relax and read.....

You would excuse my interlacing the story with pidgin English.... apologies.

Is English your first language? Are you related to Queen of England? Why do you need to apologise for including pidgin in your write up in a Nigerian forum? Even if you add yoruba, ibo or hausa you don't need to tender any apology. Anybody wy no fit read am should ask for translation

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jimpix11: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
Hkana:

Bro, I sent you a PM. Kindly reply, needing some pointers
Okay bro
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
lightnlife:
Na wah ooo.

... Can be two sides to a story tbh

I remember my house mate once met one on a bus and she continued to lie about her age until my friend asked to see ID

She then confessed she's 16.

Either zip up or confirm age so as to not land in hot soup smiley

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
lightnlife:
Na wah ooo.
I’m glad he brought his pedo behavior to a saner clime. The person wey advise am to japa did the world a solid. Disgusting

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jesmond3945: 7:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
richu89:
Guys please any one in derry, northern ireland at the moment,after getting a house and moving in my employer just informed me that there are areas in derry that are not friendly to pple of color..I just weak, he said it's better to move to the catholic side instead of the protestant side..meanwhile whre we moved to is the protestant side..pls I will really appreciate anybody that is in this area to say somthing..cos I have been sleeping with one eye closed
where even dey friendly sef
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
lightnlife:
Na wah ooo.

At the beginning of his interview he was doing garagara but as the confrontation goes on he suddenly realised what he got himself into then started begging ..what a shame
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KOVIC19COVID20: 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
hustla:

I remember my house mate once met one on a bus and she continued to lie about her age until my friend asked to see ID

Your housemate dodged a bullet.
One day, I shall tell the story of how I met one ‘fully matured woman’ on the train, coming from Wembley stadium.
This ‘woman’ practically threw herself at me, gave me all the green lights. She practically led me on.
We became ‘friends’
We played. We got to the point of doing the do. Infact the preliminary routine don happen sef.
When this ‘woman’ mentioned one day that her mum told her she was born on the day Saddam Hussein was killed. I made a mental calculation. I was in 200 level then. I asked her age. She said she had just turned 18. Sassan Hussein. Killed. Born. The maths was not mathsing up.

Little (well, maybe no so little) John Thomas went limp. I lost every desire to copulate.
I blocked her on all social media. Deleted her number. We have never seen nor spoken nor chatted ever since.
I RAN.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mroriginal: 7:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
grin grin grin grin Nowhere o
jesmond3945:
where even dey friendly sef
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
KOVIC19COVID20:

Little (well, maybe no so little) John Thomas went limp. I lost every desire to copulate.
I blocked her on all social media. Deleted her number. We have never seen nor spoken nor chatted ever since.
I RAN.

For my friend, thing is, if he hadn't shared his meeting with the babe on the bus with me, I won't have known and he wouldnt have pressed the babe for her actual age cos according to him, why would she lie?

Situations can get sticky real quick and someone who doesn't know people in the UK who appear mature may be kids (using naija measurement matrix cheesy) could land in hot stew

smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
hustla:

I hope you didn't watch the video... Cos, in this case, there are no two sides. Baba was clearly in the wrong and quite inexcusable. His terrible lifestyle just caught up with him

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jesmond3945: 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
lightnlife:
Na wah ooo.
as a man just avoid women in uk generally unless you wan marry or deal with naija women if possible. Many men don go.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2023
People of God oh. Two things that I need your guide on:

1. I work in a multinational company here in the north(smiles) and they are giving me a credit card in my name and to be delivered to my home. My question is, will this card contribute to my credit score even though it is issued through my employer but in my name and my address. The essence of the card is for me to use any time I want to embark on a journey as an auditor. I can also use it to make some purchases as long as it is business related and my employer will be responsible for funding or replenishing it.

2. Marshmallow insurance is asking me to provide my job offer for them to verify the business I do based on the information I provided while filling their policy form. Meanwhile this is coming after 1 month of registration and I have paid like 400 pounds in advance. Now I pay 170 every month for a 2007 honda crv. Do you think I should course their mamas and ask to cancel my policy or I should ignore them. I feel very pained that they are not believing me. They thought everyone is a healthcare worker
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Firefly77: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
Please who can help with a contact for affordable Nanny in Margate East Kent? Please help
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AirBay: 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
lightnlife:
Na wah ooo.

Oboy this na social services interrogation.. when he gets to the police station he will begin another.

For his sake I hope he learns and get out with a warning cos the children fit no exist, he fit just fall inside their trap.. if not na jail straight, lucky him mosquito no go bite him lipsrsealed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by MayCar: 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
Hi everyone, please can someone with 5 years visa stay in the uk for 6 months at a stretch without having issues when they want to come again? Also how soon can they come into 🇬🇧 again? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Jun 07, 2023
MayCar:
Hi everyone, please can someone with 5 years visa stay in the uk for 6 months at a stretch without having issues when they want to come again? Also how soon can they come into 🇬🇧 again? Thanks

How long did the person tell the embassy that he/her will be staying during visa application?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
jesmond3945:
as a man just avoid women in uk generally unless you wan marry or deal with naija women if possible. Many men don go.

Nigerian girl of 14 years of age?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
MayCar:

This your question, get many branches...........

It totally depends on the applicant, you also have to consider your story, when it comes to renewal...........

- You can stay for 6 months (but best to stay for 5 months +)
- If you claimed to be a civil servant, how many 5+ months, can you be out of Nigeria, during your 5 year visa term.........
- If you claimed to have a business, would it make business - sense, been away from your business for 5+ month stretches, over the 5 year period .........
- If you're another form of professional, would your employer be happy with your long dissappearing acts..........
- If unemployed....... 😭😜🤣

Remember, when it's time for renewal....... Your visa history would be holistically examined......... 😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by MayCar: 10:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
justwise:

How long did the person tell the embassy that he/her will be staying during visa application?

For 3 weeks but she wants to stay for celebrate her granddaughter’s birthday with us

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mellady(f): 10:13pm On Jun 07, 2023
Hi everyone, please does anyone know any affordable and reliable shipping company in Abuja that ship to Uk

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by MayCar: 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=123642367]

This your question, get many branches...........

It totally depends on the applicant, you also have to consider your story, when it comes to renewal...........

- You can stay for 6 months (but best to stay for 5 months +)
- If you claimed to be a civil servant, how many 5+ months, can you be out of Nigeria, during your 5 year visa term.........
- If you claimed to have a business, would it make business - sense, been away from your business for 5+ month stretches, over the 5 year period .........
- If you're another form of professional, would your employer be happy with your long dissappearing acts..........
- If unemployed....... 😭😜🤣

Remember, when it's time for renewal....... Your visa history would be holistically examined......... 😜[/quote

She is retired , only contemplating the stay because she wants to stay and celebrate my daughter’s birthday with us.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 10:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
elengine:
People of God oh. Two things that I need your guide on:

1. I work in a multinational company here in the north(smiles) and they are giving me a credit card in my name and to be delivered to my home. My question is, will this card contribute to my credit score even though it is issued through my employer but in my name and my address. The essence of the card is for me to use any time I want to embark on a journey as an auditor i can also use it to make some purchases as long as it is business related and my employer will be responsible for funding or replenishing it.

2. Marshmallow insurance is asking me to provide my job offer for them to verify the business I do based on the information I provided while filling their policy form. Meanwhile this is coming after 1 month of registration and I have paid like 400 pounds in advance. Now I pay 170 every month for a 2007 honda crv. Do you think I should course their mamas and ask to cancel my policy or I should ignore them. I feel very pained that they are not believing me. They thought everyone is a healthcare worker

If you are an auditor and visiting clients regularly, you need to have an add-on on your insurance to cover travelling in connection to your business/profession. This is different from the normal insurance people get for social, domestic and pleasure travel. That’s probably the reason why they are asking for your employment contract. If your car crashes while visiting a client, the insurance company won’t pay out if it’s not declared from the onset that you will use the vehicle for business purposes.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
[quote author=MayCar post=123642517][/quote]

Carry go ........ Nothing to worry about....... Just ensure she returns back 5 months+ ..........

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (530) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Evagreenfields

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.