Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,045 members, 7,828,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (485302 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (553) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:23pm On Mar 10
Lexusgs430:

At the end...... She got justice .......πŸ˜‚

I am sure she would not mind cleaning many more windows, for a Β£30K payout.........πŸ˜€πŸ€‘

No amount of money excuses this shameful behavior... Plus money isn't everything undecided

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:25pm On Mar 10
Controlv:

Limited during term time. I provided my Msc certificate and started working full time before my brp arrived.

It all depends on the employer. Some willl accept others won’t even you show them proof… they still gonna want BRP/ sharecode
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightofjoy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 10
Hello my people, I have come again, my appreciation for your prompt response to my request/worry earlier today, I appreciate them a lot. My thanks goes to @Lexusgs430, @Controlv, @LaXxOnebody, @LionlnZion and my special thanks to @Jamesclooney; God bless you sir for your advice and encouragement, am grateful. I appreciate all Nairaland family, this is a community like family that relieve your burden when you don't see way forward.
About my last request and worries, tonight around past 7pm, I got home office approval for our skilled worker dependent visa and that of my children.
I will tell little of my story, I came into the UK late 2022 on a student visa, couldn't get a job, we were spending the little change we brought from Nigeria though we had paid 6 months rent in advance before leaving Nigeria and that really helped us when there was no job.
Early 2023 I later got a factory work, after working there for like 4 weeks, the stress was too much on me so I had to resign, the thing wan destroy my waist and leg, so I ran for my life. Thereafter I was using my car for Domino delivery though they only give me around 14hrs/week and sometimes even 10 hrs/week. I also was doing teaching as a cover supervisor to cover the remaining hours. Also my wife was really helpful during this my 1 year studies.
Fast forward, I was applying for jobs late December as my course ends in January, 2024, a lot of rejection because of student visa stuff but from January 2024, I started getting some interviews but when it gets to right to work, they always back off.

Along the line, an agent from an online jobsite categorically call me and told me that since I don't have UK experience, I should come down on my salary expectation and come to something like 35K or 40K but with my 16 years professional experiences and my experience in my last job in Nigeria, I was determined to go for the best. Also, from this forum, there were advices by some of our people that said you should go for the salary range you want and someone even said here that don't apply for salary range you don't want. Before I forget, I graduated with distinction when my result came out in February (All Glory to God). All these encourage me to go for what I want, I was applying for as many as I could in my desired salary range and later within the last two weeks of interview I got a job of over 60K with hybrid working and a lot of benefits.
I am so grateful to God for His mercies and to this forum for all the precious advises. Am grateful.

I decided to write this long epistle as this might encourage someone in this group that it will always get better. Thank you once again.
Please pardon me for any typo.

lightofjoy:
Happy Sunday, below is my situation, I got a job offer(application /interview process was faster than anticipated) and I initially told them I will be resuming next week but my issue is, have already applied for my skilled worker dependant visa but not out yet and I supposed to submit it with my documentation.

I can't resume the work with my student visa hence why I applied already to switch.

My question is: can I write the company to change my resumption date?
Or what's your advice?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 11:31pm On Mar 10
Not OTP oo. Dialling *346*3*NINNumber*292968# from any naija number will get the vNIN you need to complete the form

wonlasewonimi:

Thanks I will get someone from naija to get the OTP for me

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by twizzie: 11:32pm On Mar 10
Go back to your application, you should see an additional note where it would show to provide further evidence (ideally they would list what they want you to provide)
Hope this works for you.
Hclinton:
Hello my people,
please I need an urgent help, I filled application for skilled worker dependant visa with my children but they send me a mail for one of the children that they can't decide her application because they are yet to take a decision on mine and that they have sent me a mail requesting for additional documents.

Now my issue is that I didn't receive any message requesting additional documents.
Please what can I do?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:46pm On Mar 10
hustla:
Very sad / interesting read smh

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/baby-scan-clinic-humiliated-degraded-28765633

Many immigrants are faced with similar circumstances. Let’s learn to speak up and seek legal advice. Imagine if this woman is not strong mentally and emotionally.

Together we can make Africa better so we don’t have to runaway

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:09am On Mar 11
Bold of Rishi to think this people want to work.

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:10am On Mar 11
hustla:

No amount of money excuses this shameful behavior... Plus money isn't everything undecided

You have no influence over other people's behaviour...... But when a wrong is exhibited, seek legal redress......

Let's put you in her shoes, when the tribunal awarded damages, would you reject the financial compensation........ πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lastkingsman: 12:14am On Mar 11
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 7:05am On Mar 11
lightofjoy:
Hello my people, I have come again, my appreciation for your prompt response to my request/worry earlier today, I appreciate them a lot. My thanks goes to @Lexusgs430, @Controlv, @LaXxOnebody, @LionlnZion and my special thanks to @Jamesclooney; God bless you sir for your advice and encouragement, am grateful. I appreciate all Nairaland family, this is a community like family that relieve your burden when you don't see way forward.
About my last request and worries, tonight around past 7pm, I got home office approval for our skilled worker dependent visa and that of my children.
I will tell little of my story, I came into the UK late 2022 on a student visa, couldn't get a job, we were spending the little change we brought from Nigeria though we have paid 6 months rent in advance before we left Nigeria and that really help us when there was no job.

Congratulations 🎊

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AntiMCU: 7:42am On Mar 11
hustla:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/baby-scan-clinic-humiliated-degraded-28765633

This is the default thinking.

These ones were just foolish enough to voice it out.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AntiMCU: 7:44am On Mar 11
AntiMCU:
Hi Team,

Please I'm trying to make an application for a skilled worker's visa however when it comes to selecting the occupational code/job role, it's showing "No results found" and it is currently listed on the Skilled Worker visa: eligible occupations and codes.

I contacted the home office via phone and the lady I spoke to couldn't be off much help: she said something along the lines of "Using another related code for the job role and explaining it in a note at the end of my application".

I also sent a mail to "applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gov.uk" who couldn't be of much help by telling me "There is currently no reported problems with our online services".

I have sent an email to the HR of the company who issued the CoS explaining the situation.

Please what other ways can I tackle this issue? I need help oh abeg.

Zahra29
Lexusgs430
Santa2
Schoolhike
missjekyl
Lagosismyhome
Viruses
dupyshoo
Goodenoch
Schoolhike
Hustla
Jedisco
ReesheesuKnack

Guys please your help on this issue is required.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 8:05am On Mar 11
hustla:

Jesus Christ! Poor Ms Dilibe. At least ,she can put down a deposit now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:34am On Mar 11
Lexusgs430:

You have no influence over other people's behaviour...... But when a wrong is exhibited, seek legal redress......

Let's put you in her shoes, when the tribunal awarded damages, would you reject the financial compensation........ πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

You're concentrating on the financial part too much

undecided

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:37am On Mar 11
AntiMCU:

This is the default thinking.

These ones were just foolish enough to voice it out.

That's a foolish default mindset when they're the ones that refuse to bath daily.

Smh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:46am On Mar 11
hustla:

You're concentrating on the financial part too much

undecided

I love money too much ......... πŸ€‘πŸ˜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:47am On Mar 11
missjekyll:

Hustla would say you're concentrating on the compensation.........πŸ˜πŸ˜€
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:22am On Mar 11
Lexusgs430:

Hustla would say you're concentrating on the compensation.........πŸ˜πŸ˜€

I lie?

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mightyjn(m): 10:53am On Mar 11
What is the JOb code you are looking for ? What is your quoted job on your work sponsorship?

AntiMCU:

Guys please your help on this issue is required.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 3:51pm On Mar 11
Congratulations!

lightofjoy:
I will tell little of my story, I came into the UK late 2022 on a student visa, couldn't get a job, we were spending the little change we brought from Nigeria though we had paid 6 months rent in advance before leaving Nigeria and that really helped us when there was no job.
Early 2023 I later got a factory work, after working there for like 4 weeks, the stress was too much on me so I had to resign, the thing wan destroy my waist and leg, so I ran for my life. Thereafter I was using my car for Domino delivery though they only give me around 14hrs/week and sometimes even 10 hrs/week. I also was doing teaching as a cover supervisor to cover the remaining hours. Also my wife was really helpful during this my 1 year studies.
Fast forward, I was applying for jobs late December as my course ends in January, 2024, a lot of rejection because of student visa stuff but from January 2024, I started getting some interviews but when it gets to right to work, they always back off.

Along the line, an agent from an online jobsite categorically call me and told me that since I don't have UK experience, I should come down on my salary expectation and come to something like 35K or 40K but with my 16 years professional experiences and my experience in my last job in Nigeria, I was determined to go for the best. Also, from this forum, there were advices by some of our people that said you should go for the salary range you want and someone even said here that don't apply for salary range you don't want. Before I forget, I graduated with distinction when my result came out in February (All Glory to God). All these encourage me to go for what I want, I was applying for as many as I could in my desired salary range and later within the last two weeks of interview I got a job of over 60K with hybrid working and a lot of benefits.
I am so grateful to God for His mercies and to this forum for all the precious advises. Am grateful.

I decided to write this long epistle as this might encourage someone in this group that it will always get better. Thank you once again.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 3:52pm On Mar 11
I shall be there no matter what

grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 5:06pm On Mar 11
missjekyll:

Exactly what came to my mind πŸ˜€.

As it is, it's like our purpose and mission in life is to get a mortgage. We really need deliverance from this poor mindset πŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lastkingsman: 6:02pm On Mar 11
hustla:
I shall be there no matter what

grin

See pressure grin. Nsogbu di
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:09pm On Mar 11
lastkingsman:

See pressure grin. Nsogbu di

If they have refused to have sense, we shall be there

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 6:20pm On Mar 11
lightofjoy:

Congratulations. 60K Bros do giveaway na. If you dont mind is this a tech role?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightofjoy(m): 6:24pm On Mar 11
Thanks bros. It's Engineering
lavida001:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 6:33pm On Mar 11
lightofjoy:

Congratulations brother. So happy for you. This is another evidence that with dogedness and planning, opportunities plenty for this land. Success in your new job!

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 6:51pm On Mar 11
Viruses:

Exactly what came to my mind πŸ˜€.

As it is, it's like our purpose and mission in life is to get a mortgage. We really need deliverance from this poor mindset πŸ˜‚

I think she should have gotten more tbh. She must be a very tough lady. Kudos πŸ‘
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:31pm On Mar 11
lightofjoy:

Along the line, an agent from an online jobsite categorically call me and told me that since I don't have UK experience, I should come down on my salary expectation and come to something like 35K or 40K but with my 16 years professional experiences and my experience in my last job in Nigeria, I was determined to go for the best. Also, from this forum, there were advices by some of our people that said you should go for the salary range you want and someone even said here that don't apply for salary range you don't want. Before I forget, I graduated with distinction when my result came out in February (All Glory to God). All these encourage me to go for what I want, I was applying for as many as I could in my desired salary range and later[b] within the last two weeks of interview I got a job of over 60K with hybrid working and a lot of benefits.[/b]

Congrats bro!

May God make you bigger and widen your coast beyond your heart's desire

Na these kain things I like dey see and hear for this forum and outside, No be care work this and that

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:32pm On Mar 11
lavida001:

cheesy

Do giveaway for me fess

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 8:34pm On Mar 11
lightofjoy:

Congratulations Chief. Very inspiring.

Hard work pays, no mistake about that. Getting distinction shows this job you landed wasn't a fluke, I won't be surprised if you passed your practical driving test at first trial too.

Efiko.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (553) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: iyatrustee(f), hyzich(m), Mentholated, Hkana and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.