Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Re: Crystal Services == Christian Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: Crystal Services == Christian Churches (818 Views)

China Removes Crosses From Christian Churches Nationwide. / Saudi Head Of Sharia Law Orders All Christian Churches Demolished! / Why Do Many Christian Churches Go To Church On Sunday And Not Saturday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crystal Services == Christian Churches by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2011
Okay. First consult this thread where just one man convinced 7000 people to believe that they can get to canada, and to better life, through him.
I mean, this is just one man promoting wrong information and getting people to buy into it. People parted with their money, jobs and relations just so they could end up in fairyland canada.
On this thread, a number of people, chief among them justwise, advised against patronizing this good news preacher. But Nigerians won't hear. They had their own plans, were totally brainwashed and wouldn't stop raining curses on the poor lass. That's as far as it went, until departure date arrived and no one was going to fairyland.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-706047.0.html

Okay, fast track to reality. Today, a lot of so-called men of god are preaching trips to fairyland "heaven", where the streets are paved with gold (how many Nigerians don't have this picture of canada!? ), at the price of personal freedom, common sense and human dignity. Many have bought into this and won't listen to famed voices in the wilderness of solarin, dawkins and co. They believe their pastors can never be wrong, just as many believed Fred could not be wrong. In addition, they fight those who criticize their god and rain curses on people who plead that they temper their reasoning with rationalism.
So, are we seeing something which will play down like crystal services??
I really do wonder.
Re: Re: Crystal Services == Christian Churches by tpia5: 3:35am On Sep 28, 2011
the people interviewed said they consulted babalawos and alfas, yet for some reason your mind processed that information differently.
Re: Re: Crystal Services == Christian Churches by harakiri(m): 3:47am On Sep 28, 2011
@tpia, I might be wrong but I think the poster wants religious people (who are the intended audience) to use their brains FOR ONCE in their entire lives to question the authenticity of their faith. He wants them to make an attempt to think outside the box rather than swallow the dogma they've been indoctrinated with from childhood. He wants to be bold enough to ask questions about the inconsistency,double standards and corruption of their religion. He is urging them to remove the scales from their eyes and begin to see the true world for the first time in their indoctrinated lives. I might be wrong but these are a few of the messages I believe the poster is trying to get across.
Re: Re: Crystal Services == Christian Churches by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 28, 2011
@tpia

do you even try to think things through?
the op means the brain washing and mind control by churches is the same tactics used by crystal services.
Re: Re: Crystal Services == Christian Churches by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2011
harakiri:

@tpia, I might be wrong but I think the poster wants religious people (who are the intended audience) to use their brains FOR ONCE in their entire lives to question the authenticity of their faith. He wants them to make an attempt to think outside the box rather than swallow the dogma they've been indoctrinated with from childhood. He wants to be bold enough to ask questions about the inconsistency,double standards and corruption of their religion. He is urging them to remove the scales from their eyes and begin to see the true world for the first time in their indoctrinated lives. I might be wrong but these are a few of the messages I believe the poster is trying to get across.
you are very correct, harakiri.

babaearly:

@tpia

do you even try to think things through?
the op means the brain washing and mind control by churches is the same tactics used by crystal services.
exactly what i mean. Crystal services exploited the same human tendency many pastors of today are exploiting. It's not very difficult to see, except of course the many religious bigots have been conditioned to think otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua Prophesied Colorado Shooting In June 2012 / How Well Does Ur Pastor Resemble Christ Of The Bible / God Waited On Him For 30yrs To Put Away Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.