Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,174 members, 7,860,222 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? (468 Views)

You Can't Fight Spiritual Warfare With Prayer And Fasting Alone! / God's Answer For Spiritual Warfare - Joseph Prince / Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - How To Fight Spiritual Warfare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Successdude(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2023
How to go about it - the template which includes rules / consecration; and the verses / bible chapters - and how to recite them and also how to pray ? ? ?
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On May 23, 2023
Successdude:
How to go about it - the template which includes rules / consecration; and the verses / bible chapters - and how to recite them and also how to pray ? ? ?
You are kidding, right? Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him have no battles to fight as He has already overcome it all for their sake. So what battles are you still fighting? Or better year, are you sure you are at least born again — born of water and born of the spirit? If yes, what proof did you receive of this? undecided
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:46pm On May 23, 2023
Successdude:

It depends on what you want to achieve!
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Successdude(m): 5:22am On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You are kidding, right? Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him have no battles to fight as He has already overcome it all for their sake. So what battles are you still fighting? Or better year, are you sure you are at least born again — born of water and born of the spirit? If yes, what proof did you receive of this? undecided

How can one be born of water and of the Spirit
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Successdude(m): 5:23am On May 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It depends on what you want to achieve!

For my own personal need.
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:38am On May 24, 2023
Successdude:

For my own personal need.

Please i will really appreciate it if you're specific, are you contemplating spiritual warfare due to NEEDS or WANTS?

NEEDS: basic necessities of life e.g. food, clothing and shelter. According to philosophy this things are few and Jesus (God's Son) said his father makes it accessible for both the good and the evil! Matthew 5:45

WANTS: additional things humans desire to spice up their lives now and according to Jesus these things are UNLIMITED moreover thieves and hoodlums are attracted by these things. Matthew 6:19-21

Jesus himself do pray fervently as he must fight to succeed in his earthly mission but regarding the WANTS of life he said:

Jehovah (Yahweh) is my shepherd i will not WANT {Psalms 23:1} of course Jesus often pray for his personal NEEDS which is needed strength and support to accomplish his earthly ministry.

So my friend between the two which do you really have in mind: NEEDS or WANTS?
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On May 24, 2023
Successdude:
How can one be born of water and of the Spirit
□ To be Born of Water means to submit to the Baptism of Repentance which was first preached by John the Baptist but then reaffirmed by Jesus Christ. According to John the Baptist, the Baptism of Repentance mandates abandoning the Old Law of Moses and nation — and the old man who lived under the stipulations of the Old Law — to embrace instead life and living under God’s New Law and Nation of Priests — becoming a new man whose life is lived under the stipulations of the New Law. undecided

Just as the Old Law was the fountain of living waters for those who lived under it, so also the New Law becomes the New fountain of living waters which those who are born of it are to quench their thirsts from hence Born of Water. What the baptism of repentance also means is that one is no longer to venture back to the Old Law in search of rules to live by. This baptism is marked by the washing of one with water to mark the end of the Old and the beginning of the New. And it is not how it is done that is of importance but rather the reasoning behind the ritual that matters. undecided

Born of Spirit means to be born of the Spirit of Eternal Life, the one formerly known as the Holy Spirit of God's Old Law. In Jesus Christ rather than the Spirit of Life as the Holy Spirit— the Spirit is given to those who attain Holiness through the following of the Law —He is given as a gift to all sinners who become born-again. (And yes, only sinners can become born-again and they all remain sinners even right after they are born-again.) Jesus Christ described those who are born of the Spirit of Eternal Life as being possessed by Him implying He, the spirit of Eternal Life, wields control over the lives of those whom He possesses- John 3 vs 5 - 8 - and as such serves as proof of the process has taken place. undecided

As for the how of becoming born of the spirit, Jesus Christ said one has to believe in order to receive Eternal life - John 3 vs 9 - 18 meaning that the Spirit of Eternal Life is given to all those who yearn to be born-again by believing in Jesus Christ where believing pretty much entails obeying the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, not simply mental assent. undecided
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by PeterObi4Presid: 3:45pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There are levels of spiritual strength and faith.
So a day old born again don't have to fight spiritually?
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ There are levels of spiritual strength and faith. So a day old born again don't have to fight spiritually?
Fight what spirituality abeg! What exactly as you busy fighting? undecided

Dealing with enemies in the Kingdom of God
The dictionary defines the word enemy as follows....
en·e·my
a. a person who is actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.
b. a hostile nation or its armed forces or citizens, especially in time of war.
c. a thing that harms or weakens something else.
... and from following along the teachings of Jesus Christ, it is clear there are enemies to contend with. Jesus Christ not only taught of the various enemies in the Kingdom of God but also explained how to deal with them.

In His teachings, Jesus Christ outlined 3 types of enemies that those who are followers of Jesus Christ are likely to encounter in the Kingdom of God. To begin, a follower of Jesus Christ is one who has made committed to living life in submission and obedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ. His teachings were directed at those who were ready to give it all up for His sake, in the Kingdom of God. undecided
A. Satan, the overall enemy to all in the Kingdom of God - Jesus Christ introduced Satan as an enemy to all of His followers, and immediately after that assured His followers that they have been given, by Him, more power than Satan has, meaning they are not to have any fear of Satan given they are made more powerful than Satan by virtue of being His followers.
17 When the 72 followers came back from their trip, they were very happy. They said, “Lord, even the demons obeyed us when we used your name!”
18 Jesus said to them, “I saw Satan falling like lightning from the sky.
19 He is the enemy, but know that I have given you more power than he has. I have given you power to crush his snakes and scorpions under your feet. Nothing will hurt you.
20 Yes, even the spirits obey you. And you can be happy, not because you have this power, but because your names are written in heaven.” - Luke 10 vs 17 - 20
Jesus Christ went on to inform His followers, that He had overcome the world for their sake - those who are loved by Him, the ones who live in their lives in the continuous submission of His teachings and commandments, those in whom His very Spirit lives inside of. Jesus Christ assured them of His peace through all of the sufferings and tribulations they are to endure for His sake. Essentially, rather than a life battling Satan, and the world, Jesus Christ guaranteed His followers that none of that would be necessary given that they are to instead exist under the canopy that is His peace through it all. undecided
33 “I have told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world, you will have troubles. But be brave! I have defeated the world! - John 16 vs 33
B. Others in the Kingdom of God - Jesus Christ also taught His followers that right there in the Kingdom of God, the enemy's own seeds are planted and are to coexist with those planted by the Master of the field. i.e. followers of Jesus Christ. In describing these seeds of the enemy, Jesus Christ pointed out to His followers that there were those who would work against Him e.g. the false teachers and the false prophets, and their many blind followers. undecided
29 Whoever wants to enter a strong man’s house and steal his things must first tie him up. Then they can steal the things from his house.
30 Whoever is not with me is against me. And anyone who does not work with me is working against me.
31 “So I tell you, people can be forgiven for every sinful thing they do and for every bad thing they say against God. But anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. - Matthew 12 vs 29 -31
Also....
22 But suppose a stronger man comes and defeats him. The stronger man will take away the weapons that the first man trusted to keep his house safe. Then the stronger man will do what he wants with the other man’s things.
23 “Whoever is not with me is against me. And anyone who does not work with me is working against me. - Luke 11 vs 22 - 23
The work of this kind of enemy is directly against that which Jesus Christ taught and commanded of those in the Kingdom of God implying that their activities are generally antiChrist in nature. For even these kinds of enemies, Jesus Christ prescribed a seemingly opposite approach to dealing as well. undecided
21 “You have heard that it was said to our people long ago, ‘You must not murder anyone. Any person who commits murder will be judged.’
22 But I tell you, don’t be angry with anyone. If you are angry with others, you will be judged. And if you insult someone, you will be judged by the high court. And if you call someone a fool, you will be in danger of the fire of hell.
23 “So, what if you are offering your gift at the altar and remember that someone has something against you?
24 Leave your gift there and go make peace with that person. Then come and offer your gift.
25 If anyone wants to take you to court, make friends with them quickly. Try to do that before you get to the court. If you don’t, they might hand you over to the judge. And the judge will hand you over to a guard, who will throw you into jail.
26 I assure you that you will not leave there until you have paid everything you owe. - Matthew 5 vs 21 - 26
Jesus discouraged His followers from getting angry at such enemies, instructing them to instead bend over backward in resolving issues conflicts, and grudges, no matter where the fault really lies.
15 “If your brother or sister in God’s family does something wrong, go and tell them what they did wrong. Do this when you are alone with them. If they listen to you, then you have helped them to be your brother or sister again.
16 But if they refuse to listen, go to them again and take one or two people with you. Then there will be two or three people who will be able to tell all that happened.
17 If they refuse to listen to them, tell the church. And if they refuse to listen to the church, treat them as you would treat someone who does not know God or who is a tax collector.
18 “I can assure you that when you speak judgment here on earth, it will be God’s judgment. And when you promise forgiveness here on earth, it will be God’s forgiveness.
19 To say it another way, if two of you on earth agree on anything you pray for, my Father in heaven will do what you ask.
20 Yes, if two or three people are together believing in me, I am there with them.” - Mathew 18 vs 15 - 20
Jesus insisted, throughout His teachings, that the same attitude of love always should be applied even resolving conflicts with others within the fold. He implored that those who believe in Him take special pains in settling issues amongst themselves, continuing in love even when their efforts fail. undecided
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’
39 But I tell you, don’t fight back against someone who wants to do harm to you. If they hit you on the right cheek, let them hit the other cheek too.
40 If anyone wants to sue you in court and take your shirt, let them have your coat too.
41 If a soldier forces you to walk with him one mile, go with him two.
42 Give to anyone who asks you for something. Don’t refuse to give to anyone who wants to borrow from you.
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44 But I tell you, love your enemies. Pray for those who treat you badly.
45 If you do this, you will be children who are truly like your Father in heaven. He lets the sun rise for all people, whether they are good or bad. He sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong.
46 If you love only those who love you, why should you get a reward for that? Even the tax collectors do that.
47 And if you are nice only to your friends, you are no better than anyone else. Even the people who don’t know God are nice to their friends.
48 What I am saying is that you must be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. - Matthew 5 vs 38 - 48
Jesus dissuaded His followers from bearing grudges or haboring animosity against those who hate them assuring them that a reward awaited those who would obey Him. undecided
27 “But I say to you people who are listening to me, love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you.
28 Ask God to bless the people who ask for bad things to happen to you. Pray for the people who are mean to you.
29 If someone hits you on the side of your face, let them hit the other side too. If someone takes your coat, don’t stop them from taking your shirt too.
30 Give to everyone who asks you for something. When someone takes something that is yours, don’t ask for it back.
31 Do for others what you want them to do for you.
32 “If you love only those who love you, should you get any special praise for doing that? No, even sinners love those who love them!
33 If you do good only to those who do good to you, should you get any special praise for doing that? No, even sinners do that!
34 If you lend things to people, always expecting to get something back, should you get any special praise for that? No, even sinners lend to other sinners so that they can get back the same amount!
35 “I’m telling you to love your enemies and do good to them. Lend to people without expecting to get anything back. If you do this, you will have a great reward. You will be children of the Most High God. Yes, because God is good even to the people who are full of sin and not thankful.
36 Give love and mercy the same as your Father gives love and mercy. - Luke 6 vs 30 - 35
With love at the center of their dealings with all those around them, enemies included, Jesus Christ removed from His followers the need to fight those who antagonize them in any manner, with the overarching message of His teachings being that should be the central approach to dealing with all others. undecided
12 Do for others what you would want them to do for you. This is the meaning of the Law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets. - Matthew 7 vs 12
C. The bad thoughts in one's heart - Sin is disobedience or transgression of God's very own Law and commandments, and with Jesus Christ is God's very Law in the Kingdom of God, He proclaimed that this enemy is responsible for all acts of disobedience against Him in the Kingdom of God.
15 Peter said, “Explain to us what you said earlier to the people.”
16 Jesus said, “Do you still have trouble understanding?
17 Surely you know that all the food that enters the mouth goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.
18 But the bad things people say with their mouth come from the way they think. And that’s what can make people wrong.
19 All these bad things begin in the mind: evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual sins, stealing, lying, and insulting people.
20 These are the things that make people wrong. Eating without washing their hands will never make people unacceptable to God.” - Matthew 15 vs 15 - 20
Jesus pointed out through His teachings that this particular enemy is the reason why those who claim to believe in God would refuse to obey God and His Law. undecided
17 Then Jesus left the people and went into the house. The followers asked Jesus about what he had told the people.
18 He said, “Do you still have trouble understanding? Surely you know that nothing that enters the mouth from the outside can make people unacceptable to God.
19 Food does not go into a person’s mind. It goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.” (When Jesus said this, he meant there is no food that is wrong for people to eat.)
20 And Jesus said, “The things that make people wrong are the things that come from the inside.
21 All these bad things begin inside a person, in the mind: bad thoughts, sexual sins, stealing, murder,
22 adultery, greed, doing bad things to people, lying, doing things that are morally wrong, jealousy, insulting people, proud talking, and foolish living.
23 These evil things come from inside a person. And these are the things that make people unacceptable to God.” - Mark 7 vs 17 -23
And He indicated that this particular enemy lives right in the hearts of those who commit sins against God - those who are enemies of God, those who are slaves to sin. undecided
31 So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.
32 You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33 They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
34 Jesus said, “The truth is, everyone who sins is a slave—a slave to sin.
35 A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever.
36 So if the Son makes you free, you are really free. - John 8 vs 31 - 36
In resolving this enemy within, Jesus Christ decreed continuous obedience to His teachings and commandments as the way to rid oneself of this enemy that lives within oneself. By adopting a lifestyle of obedience, not only is one set free from this enemy which chains one to sin, and in addition, one gains knowledge of the Truth of God. undecided

In conclusion, in dealing with all three types of enemies they were sure to encounter in the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ continuously insisted His followers regularly pursue a passive approach to dealing with the provocations or assaults from the enemy. Rather than send His followers out wielding weapons, spewing fire, or even engaging in battles, Jesus Christ enjoined His followers to approach all issues/conflicts by way of direct submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments with a focus on peace, love, and obedience as the way to conquering all things. undecided
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Successdude(m): 7:23pm On May 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Please i will really appreciate it if you're specific, are you contemplating spiritual warfare due to NEEDS or WANTS?

NEEDS: basic necessities of life e.g. food, clothing and shelter. According to philosophy this things are few and Jesus (God's Son) said his father makes it accessible for both the good and the evil! Matthew 5:45

WANTS: additional things humans desire to spice up their lives now and according to Jesus these things are UNLIMITED moreover thieves and hoodlums are attracted by these things. Matthew 6:19-21

Jesus himself do pray fervently as he must fight to succeed in his earthly mission but regarding the WANTS of life he said:

Jehovah (Yahweh) is my shepherd i will not WANT {Psalms 23:1} of course Jesus often pray for his personal NEEDS which is needed strength and support to accomplish his earthly ministry.

So my friend between the two which do you really have in mind: NEEDS or WANTS?

I don't mean need as in wants or needs per se but just to tell u it's about my personal desire - against evil forces.

I guess u get it now
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by PeterObi4Presid: 8:11pm On May 24, 2023
Ephesians 6 already taught us what we need to fight Spiritual warfare.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood...
Ephesians 6 says

1. Stand firm in truth and righteousness: You must examine your life and be upright with the word of God

2 Strong faith in the gospel and in God...to extinguish arrow of the devil

3 Hold on to helmet of Salvation, sword of the spirit which is the word of God ....So ensure you are very sound in the scriptures....Even Christ had to win Spiritual warfare against devil's temptation with Word of God...
4 Finally...Praying all the time!

Remember Jesus told his disciples they could not cast out a demon or defeat a demon from a child because...it requires fasting and Prayer to defeat such demonic spirit.
Shalom
You can also use Psalms to aid you in your prayers....Psalms if filled with words of God that can be used as prayers
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ Ephesians 6 already taught us what we need to fight Spiritual warfare.
■ You can also use Psalms to aid you in your prayers....Psalms if filled with words of God that can be used as prayers
So what you are saying is that Jesus Christ who said we have no battles or warfare to rage lied? undecided

2. And you think the Psalms are some sort of Talisman or incantations you can use against your imaginary wars?
https://www.nairaland.com/7698143/how-one-fight-spiritual-warfare#123340511
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by PeterObi4Presid: 8:49pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So what you are saying is that Jesus Christ who said we have no battles or warfare to rage lied? undecided

2. And you think the Psalms are some sort of Talisman or incantations you can use against your imaginary wars?

Psalms is word the of God, and as such according to Ephesians qualifies as the sword of the spirit of applied with Faith......

Who told you Jesus told us we have no battle to wage...like how? Where in your scripture did u get that? ......Let's start from there...
Even Jesus tussled with devil using Psalms, prayer and fasting....
Did u think Jesus defeated Devil without 40 days fasting and psalms?...
Like guy....Which Bible do you read?
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ Psalms is word the of God, and as such according to Ephesians qualifies as the sword of the spirit of applied with Faith......
According to Ephesians, you say. Can you please read and answer the question at the end of the entry below? undecided

What is the armor of God and who in fact wears it?

In Ephesians 6, Paul supposedly instructs his audience to put on, what he refers to as the "full armor of God" without necessarily indicating the how of this feat. This has led many in the religion of Christianity to assume that it is indeed possible for them to clad themselves in this very armor, even without directly paying attention to the teachings of Jesus Christ, the one who is the Gospel and Law in the Kingdom of God — the Redeemer who comes to save.

In his letter, Paul mentions the full armor as being necessary but only goes on to mention only about six aspects of the armor. Let's in fact explore what God said through His prophets regarding the armor of God and also the one who wears it.

■ Starting in Isaiah 59, the prophet Isaiah informed us that the one who is in fact adorned with the full of armor of God is the Lord, the Redeemer, Himself.
15 Loyalty is gone, and people who try to do good are robbed. The Lord looked and saw there was no justice. He did not like what he saw.
16 He did not see anyone speak up for the people. He was shocked to see that no one stood up for them. So with his own power, he saved them. His desire to do what is right gave him strength.
17 He put on the armor of goodness, the helmet of salvation, the uniform of punishment, and the coat of strong love.
18 He will give his enemies the punishment they deserve. They will feel his anger. He will punish all his enemies. People along the coast will get the punishment they deserve.
19 People from the west to the east will fear the Lord and respect his Glory. He will come quickly, like a fast-flowing river driven by a wind from the Lord.
20 Then a redeemer will come to Zion to save the people of Jacob who have turned away from sin.
21And as for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord: “My Spirit that is upon you, and my words that I have put in your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, or out of the mouth of your offspring, or out of the mouth of your children's offspring,” says the Lord, “from this time forth and forevermore.” - Isaiah 59 vs 15 - 18
The Lord, our Redeemer, is the one who wears the
Helmet of salvation
The breastplate of righteousness
The Sword of Spirit
The Uniform of Punishment
The Coat of Strong Love
■ In Isaiah 52, Isaiah further informed us that the Redeemer wears
the shoes of Peace.
5 Now therefore what have I here,” declares the Lord, “seeing that my people are taken away for nothing? Their rulers wail,” declares the Lord, “and continually all the day my name is despised.
6 Therefore my people shall know my name. Therefore in that day they shall know that it is I who speak; here I am.”
7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.” - Isaiah 52 vs 5 - 7
■ In Isaiah 11, the prophet also informed us that the Lord, the King, is the one who is clad with the
Belt of Truth
1. A small tree[a] will begin to grow from the stump of Jesse. That branch will grow from Jesse’s roots.
[b]2
The Lord’s Spirit will always be with that new king to give him wisdom, understanding, guidance, and power. The Spirit will help him know and respect the Lord.
3 He will find joy in obeying the Lord. This king will not judge people by the way things look. He will not judge by listening to rumors.
4-5 He will judge the poor fairly and honestly. He will be fair when he decides what to do for the poor of the land. If he decides people should be beaten, he will give the command, and they will be beaten. If he decides people must die, he will give the command, and those evil people will be killed. Goodness(Righteousness) and fairness will be like a belt he wears around his waist. - Isaiah 11 vs 1 - 5

■ And in Psalm 91, we are instructed by David to make the Lord our refuge and our fortress for it is in fact His faithfulness — not ours — that is our shield and buckler
Shield of Faith
1. He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
5 You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked.- Psalm 91 vs 1 - 8
The one who in fact does the fighting against the enemy on our behalf and wins all the time, meaning we have no battles to fight so long as we are under the Lord's refuge and fortress.

What all this means is that one cannot literally put on the armor of God as people like most in the religion of Christianity like to pretend a possibility. So, how does one then go about getting the armor to be on his side of things? Well, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer Himself, said in John 15 that He will abide in those who abide in Him.
5 “I am the vine, and you are the branches. If you stay joined to me, and I to you, you will produce plenty of fruit. But separated from me you won’t be able to do anything.
6 If you don’t stay joined to me, you will be like a branch that has been thrown out and has dried up. All the dead branches like that are gathered up, thrown into the fire and burned.
7 Stay joined together with me, and follow my teachings. If you do this, you can ask for anything you want, and it will be given to you.
8 Show that you are my followers by producing much fruit. This will bring honor[c] to my Father. - John 15 vs 5 - 8
To put on the armor of God means to get on the good side of the one who is in fact clad in the full armor of God, Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ said t do that is to love Him undecided
15 “If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper[a] to be with you forever.
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you.
18 “I will not leave you all alone like orphans. I will come back to you.
19 In a very short time the people in the world will not see me anymore. But you will see me. You will live because I live.
20 On that day you will know that I am in the Father. You will know that you are in me and I am in you.
21 Those who really love me are the ones who not only know my commands but also obey them. My Father will love such people, and I will love them. I will make myself known to them.” - John 14 vs 15 - 21

So, I guess the question to those who believe that meant for them to literally put on the armor of God would be how do you adorn yourself with an armor that is meant to be worn only by the Lord, our Redeemer?
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ Who told you Jesus told us we have no battle to wage...like how? Where in your scripture did u get that? ......Let's start from there...
■ Even Jesus tussled with devil using Psalms, prayer and fasting....
■ Did u think Jesus defeated Devil without 40 days fasting and psalms?...
Like guy....Which Bible do you read?
In John 16 vs 33, Jesus Christ told you this. undecided

2. First of all, Jesus Christ was a Righteous man of God. So, again, you fail the moment you believe you, in your unrighteousness, should compare directly to Him. Second, Jesus Christ never used the Psalms, nor prayer and fasting as a weapon. As a matter of fact, there is no evidence of what you claim found in scripture except in the many doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches).

Also, fasting which Jesus Christ submitted to is the doing of good works as commanded by God in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7; it is nothing like your starvation-diets which hold no meaning to the Almighty. undecided

3. Nowhere in scripture is it written that Jesus Christ fasted for 40 days for the reason that you claim. Rather we are told that like Moses, and Even Elijah before Him, Jesus Christ was led into the wilderness to be with God and He ended up fasting as a result. undecided
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by PeterObi4Presid: 9:05pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
According to Ephesians, you say. Can you please read and answer the question at the end of the entry below? undecided

What is the armor of God and who in fact wears it?

In Ephesians 6, Paul supposedly instructs his audience to put on, what he refers to as the "full armor of God" without necessarily indicating the how of this feat. This has led many in the religion of Christianity to assume that it is indeed possible for them to clad themselves in this very armor, even without directly paying attention to the teachings of Jesus Christ, the one who is the Gospel and Law in the Kingdom of God — the Redeemer who comes to save.

In his letter, Paul mentions the full armor as being necessary but only goes on to mention only about six aspects of the armor. Let's in fact explore what God said through His prophets regarding the armor of God and also the one who wears it.

■ Starting in Isaiah 59, the prophet Isaiah informed us that the one who is in fact adorned with the full of armor of God is the Lord, the Redeemer, Himself.
The Lord, our Redeemer, is the one who wears the
Helmet of salvation
The breastplate of righteousness
The Sword of Spirit
The Uniform of Punishment
The Coat of Strong Love
■ In Isaiah 52, Isaiah further informed us that the Redeemer wears
the shoes of Peace.

■ In Isaiah 11, the prophet also informed us that the Lord, the King, is the one who is clad with the
Belt of Truth

■ And in Psalm 91, we are instructed by David to make the Lord our refuge and our fortress for it is in fact His faithfulness — not ours — that is our shield and buckler
Shield of Faith
The one who in fact does the fighting against the enemy on our behalf and wins all the time, meaning we have no battles to fight so long as we are under the Lord's refuge and fortress.

What all this means is that one cannot literally put on the armor of God as people like most in the religion of Christianity like to pretend a possibility. So, how does one then go about getting the armor to be on his side of things? Well, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer Himself, said in John 15 that He will abide in those who abide in Him.
To put on the armor of God means to get on the good side of the one who is in fact clad in the full armor of God, Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ said t do that is to love Him undecided

So, I guess the question to those who believe that meant for them to literally put on the armor of God would be how do you adorn yourself with an armor that is meant to be worn only by the Lord, our Redeemer?
So how has Paul contradicted?
Isnt it same thing.

Faith...Faith in God and Christ aren't they same?
Word....of Spirit, which is word of God
Salvation...........by Christ
Righteousness .....in God
..So where's the confusion.....
Isaiah saw vision of Jesus ..and described his essence....
Does Paul preach anything outside Christ?
How did Christ Himself defeat devil...isn't it through fast, prayer, word of God, even Psalms?..etc
Baba enough of Ur needless confusion and platitudes
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ So how has Paul contradicted? Isnt it same thing.

Faith...Faith in God and Christ aren't they same?
Word....of Spirit, which is word of God
Salvation...........by Christ
Righteousness .....in God
..So where's the confusion.....
■ Isaiah saw vision of Jesus ..and described his essence.... Does Paul preach anything outside Christ?
■ How did Christ Himself defeat devil...isn't it through fast, prayer, word of God, even Psalms?..etc
■ Baba enough of Ur needless confusion and platitudes
1. The confusion isn't Paul but you in assuming those weapons are yours to wield, when in fact the one who wields the weapon is instead Jesus Christ. You actually fancied yourself a redeemer even in your unrighteousness. undecided

2. Well, you will have to examine individually every teaching to know whether there are contradictions in Isaiah or in Paul's epistles, right? undecided

3. There is no record that Jesus Christ fasted and prayed because of the devil. As a matter of fact, Jesus Christ made clear that He rules over Satan in the Kingdom of God clearly means Satan was never a threat to the person of Jesus Christ from the beginning. undecided

4. Again, your confusions are rather born of the conflict between the lies you have fed on and the Truth as stated in Scripture. undecided
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by PeterObi4Presid: 9:15pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
In John 16 vs 33, Jesus Christ told you this. undecided

2. First of all, Jesus Christ was a Righteous man of God. So, again, you fail the moment you believe you, in your unrighteousness, should compare directly to Him. Second, Jesus Christ never used the Psalms, nor prayer and fasting as a weapon. As a matter of fact, there is no evidence of what you claim found in scripture except in the many doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches).

Also, fasting which Jesus Christ submitted to is the doing of good works as commanded by God in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7; it is nothing like your starvation-diets which hold no meaning to the Almighty. undecided

3. Nowhere in scripture is it written that Jesus Christ fasted for 40 days for the reason that you claim. Rather we are told that like Moses, and Even Elijah before Him, Jesus Christ was led into the wilderness to be with God and He ended up fasting as a result. undecided
Jesus was righteous, agreed...but he still had to fast, pray, and even retreat to mountains for quiet time...
Why did he now fast when he was led to wilderness if it is of no use .?
Why did Elijah, Moses, Daniel, before him fasted, and early Christian, if not to aid in Spiritual power and warfare?

.You are very funny....fasting can quicken the spirit...food is for flesh.....Fasting is for edifying the spirit....Fasting can make us more reading to do God's will ......it's like denying your flesh....which the Bible and God wants us to do
Even Jesus told his disciples when the bridegroom is taken away, "they will have to fast" which they did........Paul did too
So u should remember that,....Jesus prayed at some point close to his crucifixion that the Bible said his sweats turn to blood.......why was he praying that much ..even accused Peter for being too weak for payers.....
Jesus quoted Psalms to attack Devil...and u are telling us we don't have to quote Psalms even when Paul told us to speak in Hymns and speak in Psalms?

Bros abeg...I don tire for Ur half knowledge and intentionally running in circles
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by PeterObi4Presid: 9:17pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The confusion isn't Paul but you in assuming those weapons are yours to wield, when in fact the one who wields the weapon is instead Jesus Christ. You actually fancied yourself a redeemer even in your unrighteousness. undecided

2. Well, you will have to examine individually every teaching to know whether there are contradictions in Isaiah or in Paul's epistles, right? undecided

3. There is no record that Jesus Christ fasted and prayed because of the devil. As a matter of fact, Jesus Christ made clear that He rules over Satan in the Kingdom of God clearly means Satan was never a threat to the person of Jesus Christ from the beginning. undecided

4. Again, your confusions are rather born of the conflict between the lies you have fed on and the Truth as stated in Scripture. undecided
Why did Jesus teach us how to fast?
Why?
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ Jesus was righteous, agreed...but he still had to fast, pray, and even retreat to mountains for quiet time... Why did he now fast when he was led to wilderness if it is of no use .? Why did Elijah, Moses, Daniel, before him fasted, and early Christian, if not to aid in Spiritual power and warfare?
■ You are very funny....fasting can quicken the spirit...food is for flesh.....Fasting is for edifying the spirit....Fasting can make us more reading to do God's will ......it's like denying your flesh....which the Bible and God wants us to do
■ Even Jesus told his disciples when the bridegroom is taken away, "they will have to fast" which they did........Paul did too
■ So u should remember that,....Jesus prayed at some point close to his crucifixion that the Bible said his sweats turn to blood.......why was he praying that much ..even accused Peter for being too weak for payers.....
■ Jesus quoted Psalms to attack Devil...and u are telling us we don't have to quote Psalms even when Paul told us to speak in Hymns and speak in Psalms?
■ Bros abeg...I don tire for Ur half knowledge and intentionally running in circle..
1. Jesus Christ did not plan a fast(starvaton diet), rather Jesus Christ was led away to the wilderness where He ended up spending 40 days in the presence of God, and ended up fasting as a result. Fasting — starvation-diet — was not a plan but a consequence of staying in the wilderness for 40 days without previous arrangements made. Same way neither Moses nor Elijah, woke up that morning intending to fast for 40 days, Jesus Christ also did not wake up that morning with that plan. Fasting — starvation-diets — have absolutely nothing to do with God or what you term spiritual power. Rather it is of the doctrines and traditions of men(lies) that it is equated as such. undecided

2. The only thing fasting — starvation-diets — do is cause one to lose weight and that is all it can do. undecided

3. The fasting Jesus Christ commanded of His disciples is the kind of fasting He Himself partook in which is the doing of good works as detailed in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. Your starvation-diet fasts are not of God. undecided

4. Jesus Christ, a human, was about to die a cursed death, of course, He agonized over the way He had to go cause His death also meant that God would leave the people — the beginning of God's final judgment against the remnants of Israel at the time by His Old Law. Recall that is the same Jerusalem Jesus Christ had wished He could have gathered like a hen gathered her chicks. undecided

5. Jesus Christ did not attack the devil rather He spoke the Truth of God in rebuttal to the lies told by the devil. If you think the words He spoke served as some sort of talisman to ward off the devil, you are mistaken. Rather, it is only in accepting and obeying the Word in your life that you can benefit from it, and the Word is Jesus Christ, God's Truth, and Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Even pagans read from the psalms in their many occultic rituals. So, you believe the same doctrines that witches subscribe to speak volumes of the author of your belief. undecided

6. Again, your confusion has to do with the obvious conflict between what you cling to and what is Scriptural and God's Truth. undecided
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ Why did Jesus teach us how to fast? Why?
Jesus Christ did not teach you to fast since God already explained the kind of fasting which He wants from you in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. Rather, what Jesus Christ did was tell you when to fast, and that you must obey God's commandments. God never commanded any man to go on starvation diets in His name. So when you engage in these practices which have their roots traced back to occultic and pagan practices, using the name of God, you sin against God. undecided
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by PeterObi4Presid: 9:52pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ did not teach you to fast since God already explained the kind of fasting which He wants from you in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. Rather, what Jesus Christ did was tell you when to fast, and that you must obey God's commandments. God never commanded any man to go on starvation diets in His name. So when you engage in these practices which have their roots traced back to occultic and pagan practices, using the name of God, you sin against God. undecided

Lol which kine arguments be this haaa
These are what u said o
1. U said....GOD ALREADY EXPLAINED THE FASTING WHICH HE WANTS in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7

2.: You also said::::Rather, WHAT JESUS CHRIST DID WAS TELL YOU WHEN TO FAST, and that you must obey God's commandments

3.::::: U also said God never commanded any man to go on starvation diets in His name

4. Then also actually implied that Fasting came from the occult...

Please check the four statements do they make sense to you? Are u blind to see the contradiction in those four statements that you made at same time?

Jesus told his disciples they will fast when he's gone.... have you read that part before?
Arguing with u is a waste of time. I'm done
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
Lol which kine arguments be this haaa These are what u said o 1. U said....GOD ALREADY EXPLAINED THE FASTING WHICH HE WANTS in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7
2.: You also said::::Rather, WHAT JESUS CHRIST DID WAS TELL YOU WHEN TO FAST, and that you must obey God's commandments
3.::::: U also said God never commanded any man to go on starvation diets in His name
4. Then also actually implied that Fasting[b](starvation-diet fasting rituals[/b]) came from the occult...
■ Please check the four statements do they make sense to you? Are u blind to see the contradiction in those four statements that you made at same time?
■ Jesus told his disciples they will fast when he's gone.... have you read that part before? Arguing with u is a waste of time. I'm done
1. Everything I stated — except the last part which we learn instead from History itself —is exactly as revealed in Scripture though. So, if what you believe contradicts what is in fact written in Scripture, don't you see that that there means that I am not in fact the one arguing blindly here? undecided

2. Jesus Christ told His disciples they would fast when He was gone, but what Jesus Christ never said is that they would embark on starvation-diet fasts. Remember Jesus Christ said He did the Will of God and the Will of God as pertains to fasting is as stated in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. And Jesus Christ would never contravene God's Will. So, that you concluded, against God, that the kind of fasting which Jesus Christ said His disciples would embark on was of a starvation-diet kind, means you don't know Jesus Christ at all to have arrived at such a conclusion regarding what He said. undecided
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by PeterObi4Presid: 10:12pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Everything I stated — except the last part which we learn instead from History itself —is exactly as revealed in Scripture though. So, if what you believe contradicts what is in fact written in Scripture, don't you see that that there means that I am not in fact the one arguing blindly here? undecided

2. Jesus Christ told His disciples they would fast when He was gone, but what Jesus Christ never said is that they would embark on starvation-diet fasts. Remember Jesus Christ said He did the Will of God and the Will of God as pertains to fasting is as stated in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. And Jesus Christ would never contravene God's Will. So, that you concluded, against God, that the kind of fasting which Jesus Christ said His disciples would embark on was of a starvation-diet kind, means you don't know Jesus Christ at all to have arrived at such a conclusion regarding what He said. undecided
Mr Man ...you are not psychological or mentally okay I guess....no offense intended..
No be me u one kill with baseless argument...
Go and tell David, Daniels , Jesus, Elijah, Paul, Ruth, Esther, etc that the fast they did was rubbish that the real fast is to do the will of God ......
You need help ..I can't help u
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ Mr Man ...you are not psychological or mentally okay I guess....no offense intended..
No be me u one kill with baseless argument...
■ Go and tell David, Daniels , Jesus, Elijah, Paul, Ruth, Esther, etc that the fast they did was rubbish that the real fast is to do the will of God ......
You need help ..I can't help u
1. So now you think you can win over Scripture by attacking my person? Even the Pharisees did just that, remember? undecided

2. The only command to fast that God gave to the people of old has to do with the day of atonement and it was a fast that took place on the 10th day of the 10th month of each year and the one and only purpose of that fast, which was a national day of fasting in the Land of Canaan, was to seek atonement of sins. undecided

Other than that, God never asked any of those in His Old Law to go on starvation-diet fasts in His name. That they did at certain points in their lives does not mean they did it on behalf of God — more like as a result of depression at a particular point in time. If you doubt this, consider the story of Daniel where we are told that it wasn't that Daniel actually didn't eat but rather that he lost his appetite for certain foods. Not a single one of those whom you mentioned there ever said they starved themselves of food in order to please God. undecided
Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:08am On May 25, 2023
What people does in life are as a result of what they are thinking in their hearts {Mark 7:21-22} and when they talk you can also sense what is hidden in their hearts! Luke 6:45
So to know for sure whether you're for the God of the Bible consider what comes to your mind each time you look at the things happening around you.
When you see one person having so much money to buy whatever he/she wants, domestic workers answering Sir/Ma to the person as he/she is accumulating wealth all over the place and with sound health, then you also notice others many suffering due to hardship struggling to feed themselves.

What exactly comes to your mind?
Do you look up to the heavens asking God in your heart:
A
"My God, when will my turn come to get the best of life now like the wealthy ones?"

Or

B
"Oh God, when will injustice and suffering end?"

If A is what always come to your mind then know that you're a potential worshiper of Mammon the God of fortune.
But if it's B then be rest assured that Jesus has sent his true disciples to fish you out from this wicked system of things so that you can enjoy life to the full in God's Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Fight Spiritual Warfare ? by Successdude(m): 2:10pm On May 25, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
Ephesians 6 already taught us what we need to fight Spiritual warfare.
Ephesians 6 says

1. Stand firm in truth and righteousness: You must examine your life and be upright with the word of God

2 Strong faith in the gospel and in God...to extinguish arrow of the devil

3 Hold on to helmet of Salvation, sword of the spirit which is the word of God ....So ensure you are very sound in the scriptures....Even Christ had to win Spiritual warfare against devil's temptation with Word of God...
4 Finally...Praying all the time!

Remember Jesus told his disciples they could not cast out a demon or defeat a demon from a child because...it requires fasting and Prayer to defeat such demonic spirit.
Shalom
You can also use Psalms to aid you in your prayers....Psalms if filled with words of God that can be used as prayers

Thank you very much

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For JULY 2023 / "We Will Kill You" American Christian Threatened For Preaching In Israel (video) / Israel Is AFRICAN LAND, And Yahweh Is Clearing It Up For Our Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.