Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote (25551 Views)

Falling Diesel Pump Price’ll Reduce Inflation, Says Dangote / Nigerian Economy Will Blossom, Says Dangote / Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Boss13: 3:40pm On May 22, 2023
abhosts:
So why not launch with incoming President when it is ready?

I think he wants to appreciate President Buhari for the role he played

1 Like

Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by blowjohn(m): 3:40pm On May 22, 2023
“Our first products will be in the market before the end of July, in the beginning of August this year,” he said

Which one?

End of July or beginning of August
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Cassandraloius: 3:41pm On May 22, 2023
Smartguyboy:

He doesn’t waste his time on nairaland

I know very well. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by patriotic007: 3:41pm On May 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

No, it also covers transport within the country, and the cost of refining the fuel (which government tried to keep low by refining our crude in substandard refineries abroad. Many other African countries did the same).

Dangote has to pay his debts, pay for maintenance, pay for refining costs, and pay workers good and high salaries. All that adds up. Then there are transport costs which are separate.

If fuel will be more expensive with the largest single flow Refinary in the world within our shores then the Government where right all this while for not fixing our local refinary nah.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by nairalanda1(m): 3:42pm On May 22, 2023
patriotic007:
Are you saying we will buy fuel more expensive now that Dangote has a domestic refinary?

Yes.

You guys have no understanding of how business works.

PROFITS must be made because you have to pay for debts, maintenance, staff salaries including raises and bonuses, and even taxes (Lagos and FG are going to tax that thing. See what Kogi is doing.).
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by nairalanda1(m): 3:42pm On May 22, 2023
patriotic007:
If fuel will be more expensive with the largest single flow Refinary in the world within our shores then the Government where right all this while for not fixing our local refinary nah.

NNPC is fixing the refineries.

Especially since it would make economic sense once subsidy is gone.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by JaySmart4422: 3:45pm On May 22, 2023
Many people will move to epe in search of job but one major obstacle they will encounter is accomodation

Life will be very expensive around that side

Most houses there are estate

No major provision for the poor but God shall help us all

1 Like

Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Ikea81: 3:45pm On May 22, 2023
Story, dangote refinery since 20bc. Na so so it will , it will .
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by garfield1: 3:46pm On May 22, 2023
SalamRushdie:

He won't , we don't deceive ourselves here

The court is ruling on shettima nomination on Friday.they could have done it today
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Parachoko: 3:47pm On May 22, 2023
SalamRushdie:
I told y'all the refinery wasn't ready and that Buhari just put pressure on this man to do fake Launch so he can claim it as part of his failed administration achievement...I doubt the refinery can even start working in July , it's takes month to test the distillators and I don't think any of them have even been fired up yet ...Let Buhari and APC keep deceiving themselves
Partial Production will start in July
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Way4orward: 3:48pm On May 22, 2023
Nonsense.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Princeton92(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2023
mortalincarnate:
So nice to hear
Where did these fake news mongers get the news that the refinery won’t start production until 2027?
Maybe they just wanted to trend
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by AngelicBeing: 3:49pm On May 22, 2023
cheesy
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by MasterTeeUSA: 3:52pm On May 22, 2023
Really...what about Elumelu that just commissioned Electricity Project and the owner of Glo, a yoruba man Mike Adenuga...and so on. Can we stop all these...the Fed Govt is favoring one person. Get in the game, invest in Nigeria and if you know your way, you will be supported. The Dangote Family is Africa-centric...been in the game before most of yall were born. Will he die with it or take it with him? NO...it is for Nigeria. Dangote can die tomorrow...and we will still have the refinery. He could have bought a Boat like Amazon Founder or fly into space. He did neither...or buy a sports car.

Phantom233:
Since it's only one man that the government had given monopoly right, the next line of investment he should enter is electricity. It doesn't take more than 5yrs to fix this country if he have d right people in place.

1 Like

Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by starstaz(m): 3:53pm On May 22, 2023
Sheriman:
Let another person takes up electricity. We need 247 light.
Otedola. U hear d challenge.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by patriotic007: 3:56pm On May 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yes.

You guys have no understanding of how business works.

PROFITS must be made because you have to pay for debts, maintenance, staff salaries including raises and bonuses, and even taxes (Lagos and FG are going to tax that thing. See what Kogi is doing.).
You have just vindicated the dummest economic policy of the 21st century carried out by Nigeria since the 80s.....You just literally told us that is was wise not to have local refineries all this while.... Wonderful
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by nairalanda1(m): 3:57pm On May 22, 2023
patriotic007:
You have just vindicated the dummest economic policy of the 21st century carried out by Nigeria since the 80s.....You just literally told us that is was wise not to have local refineries all this while.... Wonderful

At the end, if you were making bread at N1000 a loaf, you would not sell that bread at N200 a loaf....how then would you pay staff, maintenance costs, and taxes?

That is what you are advocating though.

Good evening.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by NaijaphiliaBlog: 4:01pm On May 22, 2023
patriotic007:
The cost of importing fuel is the major reason fuel is expensive hence the subsidy payment.....so I was told sha o

Actually, the "cost of importing fuel" has multiple components, as listed in the attached template, which was prepared in January 2021, when the official pump price of petrol was N162 per litre.

The price of the petrol itself from the international market was N145.62 per litre but after all the additional costs to import and distribute, it got to the dispensing pump at N181.32 but was sold to us at N162.

Thus the "subsidy" being paid by the government was this difference between these two prices.

Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by patriotic007: 4:02pm On May 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

At the end, if you were making bread at N1000 a loaf, you would not sell that bread at N200 a loaf....how then would you pay staff, maintenance costs, and taxes?

That is what you are advocating though.

Good evening.
If Dangote tries to use his Refinery to compound the misery of Nigerians then he should get the Army ready to kill thousands of angry people who will besiege his Refinery when it gets to the boiling point......You guys better allow us manage Nigeria the way it is before than bringing us more misery and pain all in the name of change
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by nairalanda1(m): 4:04pm On May 22, 2023
patriotic007:
If Dangote tries to use his Refinery to compound the misery of Nigerians then he should get the Army ready to kill thousands of angry people who will besiege his Refinery when it gets to the boiling point......You guys better allow us manage Nigeria the way it is before than bringing us more misery and pain all in the name of change

Things cost money. A lot of money. Sad reality. I wish it was otherwise.

Things cost money.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by patriotic007: 4:06pm On May 22, 2023
NaijaphiliaBlog:

Actually, the "cost of importing fuel" has multiple components, as listed in the attached template, which was prepared in January 2021, when the official pump price of petrol was N162 per litre.

The price of the petrol itself was N145.62
From the template above.....As Crude oil prices have reduced world wide and importation removed totally we should be buy fuel at at most #180 with the coming of Dangote refinary...... anyway what do I know undecided undecided
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Oyira(m): 4:06pm On May 22, 2023
What Nigerian Government could not do, Dangote has done. God Bless You Sir. Atleast Youths go get Job
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by IMASTEX: 4:08pm On May 22, 2023
abhosts:
So why not launch with incoming President when it is ready?

didroon43:

What kind of question is this?😂😂

Well, he asked a valid question. First, bubu wants to take the glory to console his failure. And Dangote wants to tactically wait till the pump price would have been increased in June. What you might call subsidy scam.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by deeva2: 4:09pm On May 22, 2023
Asiwaju’s legacy has brought the president to Lagos three times already this year. What visionary legacy of Obi is the world/Africa celebrating with Anambra?

No insults please!
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by nairalanda1(m): 4:15pm On May 22, 2023
NaijaphiliaBlog:

The price of the petrol itself from the international market was N145.62 per litre but after all the additional costs to import and distribute, it got to the dispensing pump at N181.32 but was sold to us at N162.

Thus the "subsidy" being paid by the government was this difference between these two prices.

The table you have there was extant for January 2021. Prices have gone up since then...especially the landing cost.

As at March 2023, it was N315. In September 2022, it was N502
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by geezynoni: 4:18pm On May 22, 2023
yeman05:
Very good development. This is gon impact SIGNIFICANTLY
You can say that again.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by arsenal33: 4:18pm On May 22, 2023
SalamRushdie:
I told y'all the refinery wasn't ready and that Buhari just put pressure on this man to do fake Launch so he can claim it as part of his failed administration achievement...I doubt the refinery can even start working in July , it's takes month to test the distillators and I don't think any of them have even been fired up yet ...Let Buhari and APC keep deceiving themselves
sooner or later it will start. Private investors do not throw away money. Be happy Nigeria is moving forward
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by XAUBulls: 4:21pm On May 22, 2023
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Yadid(m): 4:22pm On May 22, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I believe you! The phrase "before the end of July, in the beginning of August" in his statement speaks volume. It reeks of uncertainty and deception. What is the correlation between before July ends and the beginning of August? Man is trying to hide the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Yadid(m): 4:26pm On May 22, 2023
kelvindj98:
This just shows you that proper privatization is the only way to fix this country's economy. Government as usual can't be trusted to run our economy and infrastructure. But if it is properly privatized (not that rubish that Goodluck did where he sold parts of Nepa to his cronies). It will lead to economic boom. I can see more modular refineries being built once Dangote proves this venture can be profitable.

Privatisation in Nigeria! I laugh. Who are those who will purchase the assets? Are they all not government cronies and the corrupt folks we already know? Corruption will just fester. You are trusting too much in this Dangote's refinery, wait until we see its positive impact on the economy and the populace. Dangote built his refinery to make money, not necessarily to better the life of Nigerians. He's a businessman, he's not government.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Believeintruth: 4:27pm On May 22, 2023
manitoba:
The Refinery is far from being ready at least from what I see on ground. But what was done today is partial commissioning and Partial production can start too while the production. capacity will be improved upon as other units get ready. The road that is an integral part of the project is still undergoing construction between Okunraiye and Eleko Junction.

For me, I'm expecting the government to invest at least over $500m in transportation infrastructures to support the huge industrial outlay in that axis.

which one is partial commissioning, when the distilation columns are yet to be tested that one takes months. It is only in this APC government that i have seen them commission a project that is not finished. all because of paparazzi

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Building On Fire In Computer Village Ikeja (pictures) / Why Naira Depreciated By 23% In 4 Days — Currency Dealers, Analysts / Lagos Amputee Hawker: "Sometimes Pipo Dey Carry My Money Waka" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.