Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. (1133 Views)

See What A Woman Did To Save Her Child From A Fire Outbreak(photo) / Bride Breastfeeding Her Child On Wedding Day (pics) / Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by 9jamum(f): 2:15am On Sep 28, 2011
My girlfriend's children attend a very popular school in Yaba, Lagos. Sometime last term, her son's class teacher flogged him for an offence he allegedly committed and the cane got into his left eye.  Now the boy is almost blind in the left eye,( the eye has been operated upon, the parents have been advice to take the body to India so he wont lose sight in the eye completely)

The cost of treatment is getting too much for this couple, what should they do ?  Should they sue the school?  The school gave some money for the initial treatment but that didnt do much.

Pls your candid advice is needed?

http://www.singlenaijamum..com
Re: Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by SisiKill1: 2:21am On Sep 28, 2011
9jamum:

My girlfriend's children attend a very popular school in Yaba, Lagos. Sometime last term, her son's class teacher flogged him for an offence he allegedly committed and the cane got into his left eye.  Now the boy is almost blind in the left eye,( the eye has been operated upon, the parents have been advice to take the body to India so he wont lose sight in the eye completely)

The cost of treatment is getting too much for this couple, what should they do ?  Should they sue the school?  The school gave some money for the initial treatment but that didnt do much.

Pls your candid advice is needed?
Why is this even a question?!!!

Get a lawyer ASAP, sue the school, the sadistic teacher and the proprietor of the school!!

God! What rubbish. . .the poor boy!!! angry angry
Re: Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by Nobody: 2:59am On Sep 28, 2011
Oh God.
Re: Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 28, 2011
//
Re: Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by 9jamum(f): 10:06am On Sep 29, 2011
@ Chaircover, thank you for your advice. The boy has been getting constant medical attention now. He is yet to resume school as a result of the constant pain and headache from the eye.

My friend has spoken with 2 Lawyers already but the answer is still the same, the school cannot be sued! Is this possible? Please can anyone recommend a more radical legal means to get justice and help this poor boy
Re: Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by i1: 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2011
sorry bout the kid but men, the lawyer that will take the case na senior advocate, why, issues of waivers will be raised. when the child was flogged did she consent to the child to being flogged? if yes, 2ndly after the child was flogged why didnt she take them up immediately? well she has to answer them ooh. becuase if i were the lawyer for the school that is where i would hide
Re: Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by Damysa(f): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2011
heeyah, abeg ooo make una take care of that pikin oooooo GOD
Re: Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by 9jamum(f): 12:11am On Sep 30, 2011
@ i, please can you help expose other likely questions that could be asked. The little boy is going through a very difficult and challenging time right now. He is not allowed to go to school as he needs to rest his eye so as not to cause strain on the eye.

Please help us. Thank you
Re: Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 30, 2011
Re: Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by 9jamum(f): 10:23am On Sep 30, 2011
@ Chaircover, I am still gathering informations as regards how to advice her. The boy's health is now a concern. I will keep you posted as things progress.

(1) (Reply)

6 Miracle Babies Who Beat The Odds / Please I Need A Nanny In Abuja.its Urgent.contact Ds Number.07032253735 / Photos: Girl Exposes Privates To Crowd While Dancing At CokoBar Concert (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.