Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Daughter-in-law Versus Mother-in-law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Daughter-in-law Versus Mother-in-law (619 Views)

Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? / Mother-in-law Versus Bride-To-Be. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daughter-in-law Versus Mother-in-law by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 28, 2011
I believe the story of mother-in-law and daughter-in-law is not new to anyone in our society. I can’t say what this relationship is like outside Nigeria, but I am going to write from the Nigerian perspective.

We all know that it is always difficult for two women to dwell together and live under the same roof in unity. It doesn’t matter how closely related they are, the truth is that even twins are not left out. I don’t know why this is happening and I don’t know when it is going to end, but as the male folks always say, women are their own worst enemies.

This battle among women gets hotter when a man decides to bring another woman home to become his flesh and body. A man is first his mother’s son and as it is said, no matter your age, you remain a child to your mother. Some mothers find it difficult to accept the fact that their son or daughter has grown and should be allowed some independence.

I have taken time to critically look at this issue because of the problems women are having in their relationships? Why is it that our men don’t have this same issue with their mothers-in-law? I have also wondered why fathers-in-law don’t always have issues with either the son or daughter -in-law. Isn’t this the same case of women being their own enemies? I had this as a post on my Facebook wall sometime ago and from, Full Story<>http://philiponyia..com/2011/09/daughter-in-law-versus-mother-in-law.html

(1) (Reply)

Lets Have Your Opinion / The Strugles Of A Young Girl! / Happy Birthday To Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.