Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Famous Scientists Who Believed In God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Famous Scientists Who Believed In God (9630 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Famous Scientists Who Believed In God / Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by debosky(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2011
frosbel:

I have come to the conclusion that many people today are atheists, because they abhor the possibility of a righteousness GOD.

A righteous GOD if he were true in their opinion , will be a show spoiler and stopper for their numerous indulgences and ungodly life styles

This may be true, but likely applicable to atheists in a minority. Many are unable to reconcile seemingly ‘bad’ events in the world with a righteous God able to intervene and make good things happen.

You get questions like - why doesn’t God stop famines or genocide? Why does he allow ‘good’ people to suffer?

In my view, many are atheists because they cannot comprehend God - they cannot understand how/why God can permit certain things to happen and yet be good, and why he chooses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise.

If God does not fit what they ‘expect’ of him (a self-determined expectation, not God’s revelation of himself) then their conclusion is to reject His existence.
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by mazaje(m): 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2011
frosbel:

I have come to the conclusion that many people today are atheists, because they abhor the possibility of a righteousness GOD.

Righteous God? What exactly do you mean by that? If endorsing slavery, accepting human and animal sacrifice, war warmongering, racial discrimination, and the unnecessary killing of humans, teaching of stupid and unrealistic pacifism is what you call righteousness God then, yes no atheist will want anything to do with such a God because that is what he seems to be doing in the bible. . .
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by mazaje(m): 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

You are right.  Atheists have no excuse for not believing in the Creator God because the truth is revealed to us in nature,

What in a nature bears your God's name or signature?. . . .Your evidence to show that every thing we see in ature was created by your God alone and not Allah or any of the pantheon of Hindu Gods is WHAT?. . . .

our consciences,

What in our consciousness points to Yahweh as the creator of all things, where is his signature in the human consciousness?. . .

the Moral Law,

But ALL moral laws were formed by humans, morality must be learnt, it is not objective and varies from place to place. . .Morals laws are formed by humans and they evolve all the time that is why what is considered moral today might be immoral tomorrow, try practicing half of the mortal laws of the OT and you will be in prison for the rest of your life. . .If prophets like Moses, Jehum Joshua are alive today and try half of what the bible said they did they will be classified as war criminals and be in the same ranks as Hitler, Mussolini etc. . .
the illustration of Christ,

But the entire story of Jesus was written by people that never meet him. . .NON of the writers of the Gospels ever said they meet Jesus, or where with him, what we have are 2nd or 3rd accounts of stories written by men who never said they knew him or meet him, but wrote very contradictory accounts of events about him that cancel each other out why is the Jesus illustration better than the Mohammed, Julius Ceaser, Apollos of Tiyana, Adams Smith or any other illustration of God man or religious founder out there?

the inspired Scripture,

All religious scriptures claim this, the Koran is not only inspired but the real words of the creator of the universe, go and read it because it says so in the Koran just as the bible says it is inspired. . .

the testimony of believers and I believe that if they diligently seek for the truth God will manifest Himself to them (John 14:21-23).

What about the testimony of other believers, that's believers of other religions?. . . .Allah manifest himself to the over 1.5 billion muslims, no?. . . .The various hindu Gods manifist themselves to the over 1 billion hindus, no? They have so many testimonies about this revelations and manifestations. . .Even aliens manifest themselves to many people around, they have written books about their revelations from aliens, the books are every where if you want to read them. . . .
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On Oct 10, 2011
mazaje:

What in a nature bears your God's name or signature?. . . .Your evidence to show that every thing we see in ature was created by your God alone and not Allah or any of the pantheon of Hindu Gods is WHAT?. . . .

As I told you earlier, that the Cosmos itself manifests the splendour of the Creator God.  It is from there you will observe the 3-dimension of time, space and matter (mass/energy) and all these points to the divine nature of God.

mazaje:

What in our consciousness points to Yahweh as the creator of all things, where is his signature in the human consciousness?. . .

No matter how much you close your eyes to the evidence of creation your conscience is there as your moral compass alarming you of right and wrong actions, and this points to the Ultimate Moral Law giver who you cannot run away from even though you try to muffle your conscience with your ideologies.  You will still be accountable to your Creator in the end.

mazaje:

But ALL moral laws were formed by humans, morality must be learnt, it is not objective and varies from place to place. . .Morals laws are formed by humans and they evolve all the time that is why what is considered moral today might be immoral tomorrow, try practicing half of the mortal laws of the OT and you will be in prison for the rest of your life. . .If prophets like Moses, Jehum Joshua are alive today and try half of what the bible said they did they will be classified as war criminals and be in the same ranks as Hitler, Mussolini etc. . .
But the entire story of Jesus was written by people that never meet him. . .NON of the writers of the Gospels ever said they meet Jesus, or where with him, what we have are 2nd or 3rd accounts of stories written by men who never said they knew him or meet him, but wrote very contradictory accounts of events about him that cancel each other out why is the Jesus illustration better than the Mohammed, Julius Ceaser, Apollos of Tiyana, Adams Smith or any other illustration of God man or religious founder out there?

Human ideologies like the theory of evolution and other paganistic evolutionary ideas are formed to silence your conscience from hearing the Moral Law of God that has been inscribed on table of stones.  If God inscribed the Moral Law on stones so as to remind and awaken our dead consciences what excuse do you have?

mazaje:

All religious scriptures claim this, the Koran is not only inspired but the real words of the creator of the universe, go and read it because it says so in the Koran just as the bible says it is inspired. . .

No other 'religious scripture' claim to have all the answers.  It is only the Bible that has the answers to the questions of mankind, past, present and future.  It is fresher than tomorrow's newspaper.  Why do you think it attacked so much throughout the ages and yet is still standing?  What other book has been attacked like that?

mazaje:

What about the testimony of other believers, that's believers of other religions?. . . .Allah manifest himself to the over 1.5 billion muslims, no?. . . .The various hindu Gods manifist themselves to the over 1 billion hindus, no? They have so many testimonies about this revelations and manifestations. . .Even aliens manifest themselves to many people around, they have written books about their revelations from aliens, the books are every where if you want to read them. . . .

You need to read and see for yourself the testimonies of people who were former atheists, pagans, muslims and other religious or non religious people whose lives had been transformed when they encountered Christ.  Jesus guarantees you that anyone who loves and obeys Him will begin a supernatural relationship with Him and the Father (John 14:21).  Why don't you give Him a chance in your life?
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by mazaje(m): 7:51pm On Oct 10, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

As I told you earlier, that the Cosmos itself manifests the splendour of the Creator God.  It is from there you will observe the 3-dimension of time, space and matter (mass/energy) and all these points to the divine nature of God.

Your evidence that the cosmos was created by one entity is what?. . . .Where in the cosmos can we see the signature or the name of that single creator entity?. . .The Hindus for example believe that the pantheon of Gods created the cosmos. . . .Your evidence to show that the universe is created by one entity calle Yahweh and not the pantheon of Gods is what? . . .

No matter how much you close your eyes to the evidence of creation your conscience is there as your moral compass alarming you of right and wrong actions, and this points to the Ultimate Moral Law giver who you cannot run away from even though you try to muffle your conscience with your ideologies.  You will still be accountable to your Creator in the end.

Last time I checked all the moral laws I know were formulated and written down by men all over the world so what exactly are you saying?. . . .Is it your moral law giver that gave laws that encouraged slavery, racism and segregation and killing of people for trivial things like picking stones on the sabath day? If you are to practice half of the moral laws that were allegedly given by your God in the OT you will be in prison for the rest of your life. . .

Human ideologies like the theory of evolution and other paganistic evolutionary ideas are formed to silence your conscience from hearing the Moral Law of God that has been inscribed on table of stones.  If God inscribed the Moral Law on stones so as to remind and awaken our dead consciences what excuse do you have?

What is this? I said why should I believe the Jesus stories since NON of the gospels were written by any body that claims to have meet Jesus or have even known him in person? besides all the gospels are not eyewitness accounts so why should I believe a document that was written by an unknown author about a person?. . .

No other 'religious scripture' claim to have all the answers.  It is only the Bible that has the answers to the questions of mankind, past, present and future.  It is fresher than tomorrow's newspaper.  Why do you think it attacked so much throughout the ages and yet is still standing?  What other book has been attacked like that?

The Koran claims it has all the answers. . .The Koran is always under attack and its still standing. . . .

You ned to read and see for yourself the testimonies of people who were former atheists, pagans, muslims and other religious or non religious people whose lives had been transformed when they encountered Christ.  Jesus guarantees you that anyone who loves and obeys Him will begin a supernatural relationship with Him and the Father (John 14:21).  Why don't you give Him a chance in your life? 

You also need to read and see for yourself the testimonies of people who were former atheists, pagans, christians and other religious or non religious people whose lives had been transformed when they encountered the message of mohammed. . . .Why don't you give Allah a chance?. . .
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14am On Oct 11, 2011
mazaje:

Your evidence that the cosmos was created by one entity is what?. . . .Where in the cosmos can we see the signature or the name of that single creator entity?. . .The Hindus for example believe that the pantheon of Gods created the cosmos. . . .Your evidence to show that the universe is created by one entity calle Yahweh and not the pantheon of Gods is what? . . .

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork" -- Psalm 19:1

He is the infinite uncreated Creator God who created all those entities you mentioned, visible and invisible and the cosmos declares His glory.

Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:22am On Oct 11, 2011
mazaje:

Last time I checked all the moral laws I know were formulated and written down by men all over the world so what exactly are you saying?. . . .Is it your moral law giver that gave laws that encouraged slavery, racism and segregation and killing of people for trivial things like picking stones on the sabath day? If you are to practice half of the moral laws that were allegedly given by your God in the OT you will be in prison for the rest of your life. . .

Is this the kind of moral law you are using to muffle your conscience? Called Fish Morality.

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20100326.gif[/img]

I hope you can put your truth relativism into practise the next time a pick pocket pilfers your wallet and come back to tell us that you felt good about it because it was his right.
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34am On Oct 11, 2011
mazaje:

What is this? I said why should I believe the Jesus stories since NON of the gospels were written by any body that claims to have meet Jesus or have even known him in person? besides all the gospels are not eyewitness accounts so why should I believe a document that was written by an unknown author about a person?. . .

Even if you don't believe the Jesus' 'stories' do you believe today's date, your date of birth or whatever dated record you keep? Did you realise that all the years before and after Christ are what we use? even though you atheists try to change it to before and after the common era but that is too late, unless you want to change your date of birth. shocked All the founders of the religions of the world including the evolutionist religion, humanism are all dead and buried? Jesus tomb is empty because He rose from the dead.

mazaje:

The Koran claims it has all the answers. . .The Koran is always under attack and its still standing. . . .

The Qur'an needs the Bible to stand on its feet because without the Bible it has no leg to stand on.

mazaje:

You also need to read and see for yourself the testimonies of people who were former atheists, pagans, christians and other religious or non religious people whose lives had been transformed when they encountered the message of mohammed. . . .Why don't you give Allah a chance?. . .

Are you now the spokesman for Allah? Why don't you let him speak for himself?
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by mazaje(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus tomb is empty because He rose from the dead.

Where is the empty tomb of Jesus located let me go and see if its empty?. . .
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2011
The Qur'an needs the Bible to stand on its feet because without the Bible it has no leg to stand on.

Absolutely !!!!!!!

Are you now the spokesman for Allah? Why don't you let him speak for himself?

mazaje is not a theist or evolutionist but a rather confused fellow.

He has no clue what he believes in !
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2011
mazaje:

Mock all you want , GOD remains , looking at you and your folly in great pitty.

"Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly." - Deut 32:35
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by mazaje(m): 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2011
frosbel:

Mock all you want , GOD remains , looking at you and your folly in great pitty.

"Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly." - Deut 32:35

Simple question. . . .He claimed that the tomb of Jesus is still empty and I asked him to show me where it is so that I can go and check. . .Is Yahweh still in the business of staining people's blood with his shirt and boasting that he did it alone?. . .
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46pm On Oct 11, 2011
mazaje:

Ask your travel agent to show you the way to Israel and when you get there begin your investigation on where the empty tomb is located.  This is what a skeptic Frank Morison set out to do so as to disprove the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ but ended up having an encounter with the King of kings and Lord of Lords, he eventually wrote the book 'who moved the stone'. So put your money where your mouth is and get down to the business of investigative journalism instead of just sitting behind your keyboard.
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by mazaje(m): 6:05am On Oct 12, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Ask your travel agent to show you the way to Israel and when you get there begin your investigation on where the empty tomb is located.  This is what a skeptic Frank Morison set out to do so as to disprove the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ but ended up having an encounter with the King of kings and Lord of Lords, he eventually wrote the book 'who moved the stone'. So put your money where your mouth is and get down to the business of investigative journalism instead of just sitting behind your keyboard.

No such tomb exist in Israel. . . . .The one that is said to exist is the family tomb of Jesus, buried beside him was his wife Mary Mary Magdalene and their son. . . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6397373.stm

There are said to be two different tombs of Jesus in Israel. . .One is called the garden tomb while the other is called the church of the holy sepulchre. . . Christians from all over the world visit these two places. . . .The reality is no such tomb exist and no body has seen it. . . .The empty tomb exist only in the pages of the bible. . .
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2011
mazaje:

No such tomb exist in Israel. . . . .The one that is said to exist is the family tomb of Jesus, buried beside him was his wife Mary Mary Magdalene and their son. . . .

There are said to be two different tombs of Jesus in Israel. . .One is called the garden tomb while the other is called the church of the holy sepulchre. . . Christians from all over the world visit these two places. . . .The reality is no such tomb exist and no body has seen it. . . .The empty tomb exist only in the pages of the bible. . .

I am not surprised that you will gravitate towards the propaganda to discredit Jesus Christ's death and resurrection especially from the BBC. Did you bother to read the archeologist who debunked such claims in the same link?
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^

Your time will be spent better on educating those who have a yearning for Jesus and or want to know the truth.

Many of these people have had the gospel presented to them since their youth and they have outrightly rejected it.

So let us move on.

I personally have given up on wasting my time with aimless discussions and resultant blasphemies against Christ.

Once thing is certain, Judgement day is fast approaching and we shall all give account of our conduct , words and thoughts while on earth.

Matthew 12 : 36 - I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak

"I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God's throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books.The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds.Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death.And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire." - Revelation 21:12-15
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2011
^ ^ ^

True, but I am also aware of those diligent seekers of the truth who are at cross roads of their faith who are also following our discussions, many of them get their faith shipwrecked by the seeds of doubt being constantly spread by these atheists.
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by debosky(m): 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2011
mazaje:

You are either quite unintelligent and not able to comprehend simple sentences or you are a mendacious rabble rouser.

Your beloved article says this:  Mr Cameron's claim has been attacked by archaeologists and theologians as unfounded.Archaeologists said that the burial cave was probably that of a Jewish family with similar names to that of Jesus.

James Cameron is simply a movie producer seeking to increase his sales.

Secondly, how can you say there are two empty tombs that are referenced and say that no such tomb exists? It seems the reality is that your mind is also an empty tomb. grin
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by mazaje(m): 9:32pm On Oct 14, 2011
debosky:

You are either quite unintelligent and not able to comprehend simple sentences or you are a mendacious rabble rouser.

Your beloved article says this:  Mr Cameron's claim has been attacked by archaeologists and theologians as unfounded.Archaeologists said that the burial cave was probably that of a Jewish family with similar names to that of Jesus.

James Cameron is simply a movie producer seeking to increase his sales.

Learn to understand before ejaculating. . . .The one claimed to exist by recent archaelogical find even though fraudulent is the one by James Cameron. . .

Secondly, how can you say there are two empty tombs that are referenced and say that no such tomb exists? It seems the reality is that your mind is also an empty tomb. grin

What I mean is that the real tomb of jesus does not exist any where because two sects of christains( the catholics and the Greek orthodox ) have two tombs that are believed to be the tomb of jesus based on some sloopy church tradition that have no evidence to back it up and nothing else. . .
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by debosky(m): 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2011
mazaje:

Learn to understand before ejecting. . . .The one claimed to exist by recent archaelogical find even though fraudulent is the one by James Cameron. . .

So I should consider fraudulent information as correct? The mind boggles grin

What I mean is that the real tomb of jesus does not exist any where because two sects of christains( the catholics and the Greek orthodox ) have two tombs that are believed to be the tomb of jesus based on some sloopy church tradition that have no evidence to back it up and nothing else. . .

And you call yourself a scientist? cheesy

Because the Catholics and Greek Orthodox can't agree on the location of the tomb doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Just as you claim to have no evidence to back up its existence, you also have no evidence to back up it's non existence.
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by mazaje(m): 11:57pm On Oct 14, 2011
debosky:

So I should consider fraudulent information as correct? The mind boggles grin

What are you saying?. . .What I said is that it is the only one said to be found using archaeology, but even that has been shown or dismissed as fraudulent. . . .I don't believe it and am not saying you should believe it. . .Just saying that even the one said to be found using archaeology was found to be fraudulent. . .That's all

And you call yourself a scientist? cheesy

Because the Catholics and Greek Orthodox can't agree on the location of the tomb doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Its not that they can't agree, its because they made it all up. . pls google them up. . . .The church of the holy sepulchre for example was said to be the tomb of Jesus based on the shady claims of a church father who lived in the 4th century hundred of years after the alleged death of Jesus. . . .If it exist then pls where is it?. . .

Just as you claim to have no evidence to back up its existence, you also have no evidence to back up it's non existence.

There is really no evidence to show that the two sites believed to be the tomb of Jesus are his. . .Again google the two sites and the controversies surrounding them. . .
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by debosky(m): 3:11am On Oct 15, 2011
mazaje:

What are you saying?. . .What I said is that it is the only one said to be found using archaeology, but even that has been shown or dismissed as fraudulent. . . .I don't believe it and am not saying you should believe it. . .Just saying that even the one said to be found using archaeology was found to be fraudulent. . .That's all

Good we can agree on something. smiley

Its not that they can't agree, its because they made it all up. . pls google them up. . . .The church of the holy sepulchre for example was said to be the tomb of Jesus based on the shady claims of a church father who lived in the 4th century hundred of years after the alleged death of Jesus. . . .If it exist then pls where is it?. . .

Whether they made it up or not does not influence the existence of the tomb, neither does the fact that the precise location is not known. Can you point out the grave of your great-great-great grandfather? If you can't, does that mean your father was never buried or didn't exist?

There is really no evidence to show that the two sites believed to be the tomb of Jesus are his. . .Again google the two sites and the controversies surrounding them. . .

It is irrelevant - that those two sites are not the tomb of Jesus has no bearing on the fact that the tomb exists.

It's like saying because I am neither in the US nor in Britain (where people allege I am) then I don't exist - it simply means no one knows exactly where I am.
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by mazaje(m): 5:38am On Oct 15, 2011
debosky:

Good we can agree on something. smiley

wink. . . .

Whether they made it up or not does not influence the existence of the tomb, neither does the fact that the precise location is not known. Can you point out the grave of your great-great-great grandfather? If you can't, does that mean your father was never buried or didn't exist?

I will disagree with you here that the precise location is known. . .If it is known then it would have long been pointed out don't you think so?. . . .Remember this is said to be the tomb of the creator of the universe himself who came as a human being, the claim is quite extra ordinary you know. . .

It is irrelevant - that those two sites are not the tomb of Jesus has no bearing on the fact that the tomb exists.

It's like saying because I am neither in the US nor in Britain (where people allege I am) then I don't exist - it simply means no one knows exactly where I am.

Ok fair enough,I get what you are saying but still disagree, because we are not talking about an empty tomb here, we are talking about the tomb of the alleged creator of the universe who came in human form died and rose and ascended into heaven, the tomb of the Egyptian Pharaohs that lived thousands of years before Jesus are still there for all to see, even the tomb of men Mohammed and Herod are still there for all to see, I see no reason why the tomb of Jesus remains a mystery. . .
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by debosky(m): 11:28pm On Oct 15, 2011
mazaje:

I will disagree with you here that the precise location is known. . .If it is known then it would have long been pointed out don't you think so?. . . .Remember this is said to be the tomb of the creator of the universe himself who came as a human being, the claim is quite extra ordinary you know. . .

The extraordinary nature of the occupant of the tomb does not take away the fact that he was buried in an ordinary tomb - quite common for that day and age. For all you know, someone else was buried in the tomb years later.

Ok fair enough,I get what you are saying but still disagree, because we are not talking about an empty tomb here, we are talking about the tomb of the alleged creator of the universe who came in human form died and rose and ascended into heaven, the tomb of the Egyptian Pharaohs that lived thousands of years before Jesus are still there for all to see, even the tomb of men Mohammed and Herod are still there for all to see, I see no reason why the tomb of Jesus remains a mystery. . .

Again, you are making a poor comparison - tombs of the Pharaohs were large prominent structures, this tomb was an ordinary tomb - nothing special about the tomb itself. It's like saying because Jesus wore robes and was the creator of the universe we should be able find the robes today. The extraordinary occupant/user of the tomb takes nothing away from the ordinary nature of the tomb.
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by zataxs: 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2011
I really don't see why Christians can't get this
If Newton discovered gravity, it does not matter if he is a devil worshipper
What comes up must come down
It does not change the fact
We are concerned about facts not petty things like what kind of sex styles the guy used to like and definitely not what fairy tales the guy used to believe in(that include Jesus btw)
This is inconsequential
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09am On Oct 18, 2011
zataxs:

I really don't see why Christians can't get this
If Newton discovered gravity, it does not matter if he is a devil worshipper
What comes up must come down
It does not change the fact
We are concerned about facts not petty things like what kind of sex styles the guy used to like and definitely not what fairy tales the guy used to believe in(that include Jesus btw)
This is inconsequential

Why don't you come up with a list of famous scientists who did not believe in God?
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by mazaje(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2011
debosky:

The extraordinary nature of the occupant of the tomb does not take away the fact that he was buried in an ordinary tomb - quite common for that day and age. For all you know, someone else was buried in the tomb years later.Again, you are making a poor comparison - tombs of the Pharaohs were large prominent structures, this tomb was an ordinary tomb - nothing special about the tomb itself. It's like saying because Jesus wore robes and was the creator of the universe we should be able find the robes today. The extraordinary occupant/user of the tomb takes nothing away from the ordinary nature of the tomb.

According to tradition his disciples had been venerating his tomb since after he allegedly resurrected. . .They wont allow another person to be buried there cos the status of the tomb had already changed, it was no longer an ordinary tomb. . .
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by debosky(m): 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2011
mazaje:

According to tradition his disciples had been venerating his tomb since after he allegedly resurrected. . .They wont allow another person to be buried there cos the status of the tomb had already changed, it was no longer an ordinary tomb. . .

Are you ignorant of the times the Ottomans took over the land called Palestine? Do you think veneration of the tomb could have been permitted during that time?

If the temple of Jerusalem was destroyed, it is not inconceivable that the tomb could have been destroyed during occupation by hostile invaders.

There are a multitude of possible reasons why the tomb's location is not known today.
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by zataxs: 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2011
@OLAADEGBU it does not matter, we care about the scientist not where the woman gave birth to twins or not. That's what matters in science. And only someone ignorant actually thinks most great scientists believe in God. Maybe what you need is a lesson on how to use google.
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2011
zataxs:

@OLAADEGBU it does not matter, we care about the scientist not where the woman gave birth to twins or not. That's what matters in science. And only someone ignorant actually thinks most great scientists believe in God. Maybe what you need is a lesson on how to use google.

What matters most is consistency in what the scientists belief. A belief in molecule to man evolution is not necessary to understanding how planets orbit the sun, the rise in technology or how plants and animal function. It doesn't contribute anything to our understanding of empirical science. To do science you have to use logic and God created a logical, orderly universe and gave us the ability to reason and to be creative. A belief in evolution cannot aid the development of complex machines because these are intelligently designed it did not rise out of random chance. If a scientist who is an atheist evolutionist wants to do science he must be consistent with his theory of randomness and chance to do science and since this is not done then they are not being consistent with their theories. Science and technology are perfectly consistent with the Bible and so the scientists who believe in God are only being consistent with what they believe.
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by mazaje(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2011
debosky:

Are you ignorant of the times the Ottomans took over the land called Palestine? Do you think veneration of the tomb could have been permitted during that time?

If the temple of Jerusalem was destroyed, it is not inconceivable that the tomb could have been destroyed during occupation by hostile invaders.

There are a multitude of possible reasons why the tomb's location is not known today.

This makes it more funny, why then do christians keep deluding themselves and lying to each other that the empty tomb still exist? OLAADEGBU keeps saying this, but when you ask him to tell you where it is located he then turns around and stats lying all over the place. . . People pay money to travel from all parts of the world to go and visit the two sites that really have nothing to do with the real tomb, doesn't the truth matter to people any more? The first person to draw my attention to the existence of the two different tombs is a christian historian and an apologist name William Lance Craig, he said  the two tombs people visit have nothing to do with the real tomb of Jesus, because his real tomb remains unknown till this date. . . .Why is it that every trace about the historical Jesus is almost non existent and problematic?. . .No empty tomb, nothing, just 2nd hand and 3rd hand stories about him by others that never claimed to know written about 50-100 years after he allegedly resurrected . . . .Interesting. . .
Re: Famous Scientists Who Believed In God by zataxs: 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2011
@OLAADEGBU well unfortunately for you it is , and is verifiable, like science. very unlike your fairy tales,
The same methodology that brought you medicine, the internet, is used in all facets of science.
And the same methodology that brought you machetes on muslims faces in Nigeria, the crusade, the inquisition is the same one you are using to right now.
Why don't pray for your God to create a computer, let's see how far that will go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

@ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here / Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank / Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.