Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) (63192 Views)

Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies / Dangote Group Donates 35 Cars To The Lagos State Government / Dangote Group Begins Installation Of Rice Factory In Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Neoteny7: 5:04pm On May 25, 2023
Astra101:
Something isn't clear to me. Project financing :Dangote Group =50%
:Nigeria Banks =50%

Is it that Nigeria banks gave Dangote loans to the tone of 50% of their own initial investments or got a share holding of 50% and how comes Dangote group held almost 86% share of this refinary when NNPC controlled 20% ownership?

50% loan, not equity.

1 Like

Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by MeineMutter: 5:05pm On May 25, 2023
BigIyanga:

Banks finance projects without taking equity.. they only put a lien on a property they’re financing… which gives them the 1st right of refusal in liquidation and bankruptcy proceedings. Banks make their $$ from interest rates, loan origination and brokerage fees etc

Don’t mind the b.uffon that wrote the article. If he doesn’t know anything about deal financing, he should have asked around or read wider before posting that gibber1sh be posted.

I am sure he must be from that red soil area of Nigeria. Always filled with hypocrisy.
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by MeineMutter: 5:05pm On May 25, 2023
Neoteny7:

50% loan, not equity.

Does he know what they call equity at all?

1 Like

Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by tonicyril: 5:06pm On May 25, 2023
Ogene001:
I see Igbo names in the non executives yet yorubas are acting as if they now own Dangote to the exclusion of Igbos
Oloriburuku grin grin grin

U can't sleep until u mention yoruba grin
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Neoteny7: 5:06pm On May 25, 2023
TundeBricklayer:
These guys controls shares of 86% of Dangote while Aliko less than 1%

Independent non-executive directors are not shareholders.

They're likely honorary directors added to the Board for governance purposes.

1 Like

Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Neoteny7: 5:08pm On May 25, 2023
MeineMutter:

Does he know what they call equity at all?

Apparently not.

The OP also seems to think the non-exec independent directors (especially the igbos) are shareholders.

1 Like

Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by BigIyanga: 5:10pm On May 25, 2023
Astra101:

Is it that Nigeria banks gave Dangote loans to the tone of 50% of their own initial investments or got a share holding of 50% and how comes Dangote group held almost 86% share of this refinary when NNPC controlled 20% ownership?
Banks are ur classical olosho wey go Hardvard with polished suit and better grammar… they fnck with any big borrower with best collateral and repayment terms… poor man no dey touch banks.. ie Harvard Olosho lol
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by MeineMutter: 5:13pm On May 25, 2023
Ogene001:
I see Igbo names in the non executives yet yorubas are acting as if they now own Dangote to the exclusion of Igbos

Do you know what they call NEDs? If you don’t know it, ask people who know it.

NEDs don’t have shimgbai investments in any company where they act as NEDs.
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by MeineMutter: 5:16pm On May 25, 2023
Ogene001:

I expect Fred Ajudua from you Ibuzo (Ibusa/Ibisa) village to be one of the NEDs too.l so that you can have more to say.
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Prosperity4All: 5:22pm On May 25, 2023
Astra101:

The Banks are not on the Board however Dangote Group is exposed (borrowed) upto 50% of the project cost.
We don't know what collateral was given could be convertible shares
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Jossiace: 5:29pm On May 25, 2023
Exactly. Very powerful!
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by descarado: 5:40pm On May 25, 2023
Refinery that will be run aground in 5 yrs time?

Unless he has complete monopoly which is already out of the way.
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by descarado: 5:41pm On May 25, 2023
Prosperity4All:

The Banks are not on the Board however Dangote Group is exposed (borrowed) upto 50% of the project cost.
We don't know what collateral was given could be convertible shares
Everybody know that before.
It was hyped so much cos politicianshas hand in it and laundered money through the white elephant project and politicians will swallow it eventually.
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by StreetMedia: 5:45pm On May 25, 2023
African richest Man... Akuko!.

Why you no go survive if CBN dash you loan.
Shame to all supporters of evil.

No single working refinery across the 2oo only for Dango to commot head.

Tell it to the birds.
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Owaincouncil: 5:46pm On May 25, 2023
Ogene001:

Who is no 2 on that list oga. Must you be killed by tribal comments always.
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Khyrvxjzy: 6:13pm On May 25, 2023
Ogene001:

how u take dey sleep, face reality na. na witch u b, heart hardened
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by mmsen: 6:32pm On May 25, 2023
baby124:
Interesting to see Blair’s wife on that board. Many people have been saying that couple junket the whole Africa, looking for countries to take advantage of. I hope Tinubu is smart enough to shake off this people. Tony will quickly run into any African country and start holding meetings when no concern him. He’s no longer in office but na him pocket him de chase.

That's precisely what they do but it's not just Africa, anywhere where the people are foolish enough to hand over their money to war criminal they will be there - Asia, Latin America, the West Indies it doesn't matter. Tony Blair loves money. Money and lies.
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Bussreal: 6:41pm On May 25, 2023
Y u do jealous? Guess u b ethnic bigot... OK who b cfo there.. Muntula
Ogene001:

Na you de get high BP as we expose your propaganda. No field where Igbos have not displaced you
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by shegoon: 7:09pm On May 25, 2023
Must u let tribal bigotry take over ur reasoning every time. The list only depict or single out only an igbo name.
Ogene001:
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by caye(m): 7:17pm On May 25, 2023
baby124:
Interesting to see Blair’s wife on that board. Many people have been saying that couple junket the whole Africa, looking for countries to take advantage of. I hope Tinubu is smart enough to shake off this people. Tony will quickly run into any African country and start holding meetings when no concern him. He’s no longer in office but na him pocket him de chase.

His hands are not clean.
A war criminal's wife as a director?

Let's siddonlook.

And BlackRock is also there?
Hope you know that they are the financiers ( or one)of the Ukraine war, on the side of the Americans.
And finance usually mean one thing:- Jews.

And zele Bobo is a Jew.
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by SaLongs1(m): 7:25pm On May 25, 2023
baby124:
This your yarn no balance at all. Many countries are lobbying for direct foreign investment and this is how it is done.
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by OgaSeun: 7:28pm On May 25, 2023
Ogene001:

Na you de get high BP as we expose your propaganda. No field where Igbos have not displaced you

LOL...... So Igbos have been playing catch up all these years....
Igbos never displace Yorubas for presidency lol
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Mayeldah(m): 7:37pm On May 25, 2023
PureFace1:

You guys always act delusional.

There is only one Igbo on that list and he is a non executive member the Yoruba there is the real executive member with power so how the hell have you displaced Yoruba lol ?

Are you now claiming Dangote company because you have one guy as a non executive member on the board ? there must be something special in the water you guys drinks in the east to make you so delusional.

A CFO is just a staff that can be replaced anytime, just chill and drink water.

It doesn't really matter who is in the board and who is a management staff, what matters is that the refinery works and Nigeria benefits.

enough of all these tribal banters
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Gamesmart: 7:43pm On May 25, 2023
patorial:

Do you know that non-executives are board members?

Now what brings one into the board? Shares.

You are an Olodo!

I taught people like you clearly in that post what you should know, instead of learning, you have decided to defiantly hook on to your ignorance and what to teach it.

So when Okonjo-Iweala is appointed to those many different board roles of international companies, is it because she has shares in all those companies?

When people are appointed boards of profit-making public companies like NNPC, is it because they own shares in it?

Olodo, when you see the term independent non-executive director, know a 10,005% the person has no [significant] shares in the organisation. They were just appointed because of their expertise, experience and integrity.

Despite trying to give una education standard wey una no have, una go dey beat chest and fight say "I know am" without research.

https://www.aon.com/unitedkingdom/insights/a-guide-for-independent-non-executive-directors.jsp

Unemployable "yoots".
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by paix(m): 7:52pm On May 25, 2023
OloyeVIII:
Why i no dey see my name?
Maybe when you wake up from your slumber.
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Advancedman(m): 8:01pm On May 25, 2023
Ogene001:

Who is this FOOL!
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by omojeesu(m): 8:23pm On May 25, 2023
baby124:

....and BlackRock? Same BlackRock??
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Invitationn: 9:17pm On May 25, 2023
PureFace1:

There is only one Igbo on the list the rest are from South South they are even non executive which mean they don't have any power to make decisions they can only advise. The Yoruba guy there is the Chief Financial Officer with real executive power but Yoruba are not claiming Dangote company though
Inferiority complex has eaten deep into his nonexistent self-esteem.
It’s always a toxic competition for him
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by ppogba: 10:19pm On May 25, 2023
descarado:
Refinery that will be run aground in 5 yrs time?

Unless he has complete monopoly which is already out of the way.

Run aground in 5 years time?
Complete monopoly out of the way probably because of the mushroom, illegal refineries in the Creeks?

Only on Nairaland.
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Kennyfancy(m): 10:52pm On May 25, 2023
Astra101:

wetin concern you for there
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by Astra101: 10:59pm On May 25, 2023
Kennyfancy:
wetin concern you for there
🙄
Re: Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) by 9jaRealist: 11:01pm On May 25, 2023
Astra101:

Nigerian banks have ZERO (as in NO or 0%) investment in the Dangote Refinery…
Rather, they have advanced LOANS to the Dangote Group that would be repaid with interest.

Meanwhile, according to CBN Gov Emefiele…
Dangote Group has already REPAID about $2.7 billion of those loans even before the commissioning.
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha / Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever / List Of Top 100 Profitable Small-scale Business Ideas In Nigeria (updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.