Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother (38737 Views)

12-year-old Boy Destroys His Mothers House Because She Took His Phone Away / My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke / Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by 22rockbottom: 6:41pm On May 26, 2023
Good Evening,

I got married 11years ago, my mother in-law has always in the picture of everything in our home and has total control of my wife. My wife cannot object anything she says even when I, as her husband challenged it. 90% of the major issues we had as a couple were caused by my mother in-law. After 11years, I decided to confront her to stop controlling her daughter and stop interfering in our marriage and home. I confronted her and my wife left the house. Her reason for leaving the house is that I disrespected her family.

more details later

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:44pm On May 26, 2023
you should have done that the FIRST time the mother interfered in your family matters...11yrs of letting her mother believe she was in charge, is way too long and now a waste of energy to try to correct it.

480 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by taylor89(m): 6:44pm On May 26, 2023
marry the mom as second wife

Na why some guys dey like marry babe wey their parents don die

11yrs relationship and the mom is still acting like you guys are dating

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by thesicilian: 6:45pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
Good Evening,

I got married 11years ago, my mother in-law has always in the picture of everything in our home and has total control of my wife. My wife cannot object anything she says even when I, as her husband challenged it. 90% of the major issues we had as a couple were caused by my mother in-law. After 11years, I decided to confront her to stop controlling her daughter and stop interfering in our marriage and home. I confronted her and my wife left the house. Her reason for leaving the house is that I disrespected her family.

more details later

Maybe you shouldn't have waited for 11 years before challenging her. It's always best to set the proper foundation from the beginning, otherwise whatever happens you just have to find a way to tolerate it. As it stands now you either go and apologize to them or wait and see if your wife will come to her senses

186 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
Good Evening,

more details later

Does her Mom also control her when una wan do?

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by superCleanworks(m): 6:50pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
After 11years, I decided to confront her to stop controlling her daughter and stop interfering in our marriage and home.

You want to start mixing the cement after it has turned to a rock. good luck with that.

193 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Nebes: 7:01pm On May 26, 2023
Such holds are first broken spiritually. Attempts at just physical correction is an exercise in futility.

I remember the beating I gave my inlaw in a dream as they were instigating quarrels in my home. The next day after the beating, they called their daughter for a meeting and advised her to go live in peace in her home. You could actually feel they were forced to call for that meeting.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by madridguy(m): 7:17pm On May 26, 2023
So this is spiritual problem? grin grin grin

Nebes:
Such holds are first broken spiritually. Attempts at just physical correction is an exercise in futility.

I remember the beating I gave my inlaw in a dream as they were instigating quarrels in my home. The next day after the beating, they called their daughter for a meeting and advised her to go live in peace in her home. You could actually feel they were forced to call for that meeting.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by sisisioge: 7:17pm On May 26, 2023
How did you confront your mil? Would you be fine if your wife used same style on your mother? She said you disrespected her family...there are a million and one ways to politely ask in laws not to meddle in your affairs without being offensive fa.

Anyways, on a brighter note, the message has been passed across and mama wont be meddling in the future even when you need her to meddle...if there is a future. All of una go dey alright.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Exmilitant(m): 7:18pm On May 26, 2023
effeminate men everywhere.

29 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by nifemi25(m): 7:29pm On May 26, 2023
Why waving on a train that has already left.... you should corrected this early why wait for good eleven years before the action ....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Wawelexy(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2023
You goofed up from the start, but never too late tho, allow her go, pretend to be nonchalant about her absence, fake a close relationship with a female friend or random girl, only send money for your child/children's upkeep, and make sure you look happy always...

Her brain will come back to reset and she will realise she's giving out her food to the dogs by herself.... Please don't cheat on her

136 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Wodu89: 7:51pm On May 26, 2023
You managed to spin the narrative that the mother in law is evil. Share the core details of what happened and stop trying to tell the tale with you as the victim in it

Watch fools begin to vilify the woman and her family.

Hypocrite

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by bantilosha: 8:01pm On May 26, 2023
Don't ever call that kid you call wife to return. If she does, fine. If she doesn't, let her remain with her domineering mother. I won't even have anything to do with a woman that dumb. Even if she returns, stand your masculine ground and tell her you won't tolerate that nonsense ever again. Men are the price.

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Guyman01: 8:02pm On May 26, 2023
If una don taya to marry make una scatter the marriage habašŸ¤§
From morning to night we dey busy dey settle Marital crisis on Nairaland while those in the outgoing government are busy signing concessioning agreements and awarding contracts to their cronies while we are being distracted by people failinginmarriageangry

Guy, there's a thread that has been running for long on this platform called Red Pillers you can get some few insights on how to handle and treat women with love while putting them in their place and getting the desired respect from them as an alpha male without simping

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by slawomir: 8:02pm On May 26, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Kubin: 8:02pm On May 26, 2023
Thank God for you two load removed,inter cool joint and order some nkwobi and is ewu.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by DMerciful(m): 8:02pm On May 26, 2023
Let her go!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by iHateFraudsters: 8:02pm On May 26, 2023
If my wife dares leave my house for 24hrs, then she'll stay out permanently.

Cos she'll have a hard time explaining the man she went to visit.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by opalu: 8:02pm On May 26, 2023
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Chibuzoc(m): 8:03pm On May 26, 2023
cool waiting for the full details

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Praktikal100000: 8:03pm On May 26, 2023
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by LEGALSER: 8:04pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
Good Evening,

more details later

For 11 years you have been tolerating this? Divorce her and get another woman man.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by EKONGKING: 8:04pm On May 26, 2023
Men are a vulnerable species in the world .

If ur wife goes missing , u r the first suspect according to police . If ur wife goes to parents house after quarrel and does not come back . The blame will be upon you, either by neighbors or ur friend .

The popular opinion is .
You might have done some thing to her ,that why she left .

18 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by atobs4real(m): 8:04pm On May 26, 2023
Receive sense and leave her for a while

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 26, 2023
Allow her go! That's one less burden for you. The mother-in-law cannot be Mistress in her own house and be Madam in yours! Do not panic, because she's coming back and when does, it'll be on your terms. Do not bother about what people say - their opinions and whatever they say count for nothing in your marriage. If you lose your grip on your destiny now, for your destiny is at stake here, then the man in you has become impotent.

49 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by atobs4real(m): 8:05pm On May 26, 2023
Receive sense and leave her for a while
She believed in feeding you

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by udemzyudex(m): 8:05pm On May 26, 2023
Lol... grin I hope she left with her belongings?

17 Likes

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by sotall(m): 8:05pm On May 26, 2023
undecided
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by iInjureHerYansh: 8:05pm On May 26, 2023
nifemi25:
Why waving on a train that has already left.... you should corrected this early why wait for good eleven years before the action ....
The matter tire me ehn grin

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / Husband Saves Screenshots Of Our Chats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.