Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,081 members, 7,852,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:34 PM

Nigerian UK Residents Should Relocate To Immigration Friendly Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian UK Residents Should Relocate To Immigration Friendly Canada (1041 Views)

Uk Tax Forum For Immigrants And Uk Residents / Care Assistant / Healthcare Job: UK Residents / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian UK Residents Should Relocate To Immigration Friendly Canada by bolicks: 8:35am On May 28, 2023
Over the years I have observed Canada changing their immigration policies to more a more family friendly and less hassles route . With the current UK policy to ban Nigerian families coming to the UK I humbly ask the question! what are you still doing there? Truth be told , the one obvious reason many go to the United Kingdom’s is that it’s a lot nearer to Nigeria but na nearer you go chop? Life is much more difficult in the UK, rent , taxes among many other things. Families struggle. The educational system is more theoretical than practical just like the country we left behind. Unlike the Asian Tigers, Even German system is a lot better and practical oriented . Same with the Netherlands , they have shown better education and vocational empowered students than the Uk. I may be wrong but I have travelled these countries and have seen it with my own Korokoro eyes. So why are you just there still suffering? Surely, Nigeria may not be the best option. But then, After God, The family, the next succour that keeps you going and the UK government is saying NO. Then ask yourselves why stay? Yes, The one good reason Nigerians immigrate is for the good life, not for self but for families too. Unlike people like Emdee T. who stays for only self. Guess what, Most Nigerian families still return back to Nigeria despite numerous plea from friends and families. Many Nigerians also immigrate because of conditions politicians and powers that be put us in the country. Insecurity, difficulty of doing business, lack power to run businesses and industries among mountains of issues . Good and visionary politicians can resolve these anomalies in a click if we are able to get them in. Many of the best doctors , Engineers, scientists and other professionals you still find in this same UK are Nigerians or are of Nigerian descent. If only we can be blessed with a visionary led governance in Nigeria, the population that will return back to Nigeria from the diaspora will trigger and shake the foundations of Europe and the Americas. Oyibos know this. So, I urge families in Uk to check and weigh their options and relocate possibly to Canada or a more family friendly country . Family is all for me!!! You take care of you and take care of family and then u take care of good friends. We commend and acknowledge Canada for this move and not going the way of the Big Brother . Canada followed the way of Family, compassion and humanity. Bravo to Canada!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian UK Residents Should Relocate To Immigration Friendly Canada by ednut1(m): 8:56am On May 28, 2023
bolicks:
Over the years I have observed Canada changing their immigration policies to more a more family friendly and less hassles route . With the current UK policy to ban Nigerian families coming to the UK I humbly ask the question! what are you still doing there? Truth be told , the one obvious reason many go to the United Kingdom’s is that it’s a lot nearer to Nigeria but na nearer you go chop? Life is much more difficult in the UK, rent , taxes among many other things. Families struggle. The educational system is more theoretical than practical just like the country we left behind. Unlike the Asian Tigers, Even German system is a lot better and practical oriented . Same with the Netherlands , they have shown better education and vocational empowered students than the Uk. I may be wrong but I have travelled these countries and have seen it with my own Korokoro eyes. So why are you just there still suffering? Surely, Nigeria may not be the best option. But then, After God, The family, the next succour that keeps you going and the UK government is saying NO. Then ask yourselves why stay? Yes, The one good reason Nigerians immigrate is for the good life, not for self but for families too. Unlike people like Emdee T. who stays for only self. Guess what, Most Nigerian families still return back to Nigeria despite numerous plea from friends and families. Many Nigerians also immigrate because of conditions politicians and powers that be put us in the country. Insecurity, difficulty of doing business, lack power to run businesses and industries among mountains of issues . Good and visionary politicians can resolve these anomalies in a click if we are able to get them in. Many of the best doctors , Engineers, scientists and other professionals you still find in this same UK are Nigerians or are of Nigerian descent. If only we can be blessed with a visionary led governance in Nigeria, the population that will return back to Nigeria from the diaspora will trigger and shake the foundations of Europe and the Americas. Oyibos know this. So, I urge families in Uk to check and weigh their options and relocate possibly to Canada or a more family friendly country . Family is all for me!!! You take care of you and take care of family and then u take care of good friends. We commend and acknowledge Canada for this move and not going the way of the Big Brother . Canada followed the way of Family, compassion and humanity. Bravo to Canada!!!!
majority of the people who went to Uk initially wanted Canada. But Canada is not easy to enter. Student visa many applied 2 or 3 times before they were successful. Express entry nko if you are above 31 without masters or bsc plus an extra degree , high ielts scores etc you wont qualify. Canada is selective and many Nigerians that want to japa cant meet those requirements same with australia. Your advice no follow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian UK Residents Should Relocate To Immigration Friendly Canada by ednut1(m): 9:09am On May 28, 2023
See rejection rate of Canada students visa for Nigerians from 2019 to 2021. More rejections than approvals. But UK own easy to get. Hence people rushed it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian UK Residents Should Relocate To Immigration Friendly Canada by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:12am On May 28, 2023
ednut1:
See rejection rate of Canada students visa for Nigerians from 2019 to 2021. More rejections than approvals. But UK own easy to get. Hence people rushed it

This. They keep on shouting they will move to Canada. Canada is very difficult. Study visa is hard. Visit visa is hard. You also need an LMIA to get a job from outside Canada and cause of that most employers don't bother except your country has trade agreements with Canada which removes the LMIA like Peru, Colombia, South Korea or Mexico. Once UK cast completely leaving naija go hard die. Even other european countries aren't easy again

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian UK Residents Should Relocate To Immigration Friendly Canada by bolicks: 9:18am On May 28, 2023
None who stay abroad will tell you it’s easy. It’s never and Yes Canada visas is a lot difficult but over the years it’s easing. UK gives more but students also struggle more. Let’s consider the end product of those given. Canada is much better.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian UK Residents Should Relocate To Immigration Friendly Canada by Gerrard59(m): 11:19am On May 28, 2023
ednut1:
majority of the people who went to Uk initially wanted Canada. But Canada is not easy to enter. Student visa many applied 2 or 3 times before they were successful. Express entry nko if you are above 31 without masters or bsc plus an extra degree , high ielts scores etc you wont qualify. Canada is selective and many Nigerians that want to japa cant meet those requirements same with australia. Your advice no follow

I think he meant those already in the UK. If so, it makes sense for them, as their chances should be higher. BTW, your numbers, do they include Nigerians based abroad or it is every Nigerian application to Canada regardless of where the applicant resides?....
Re: Nigerian UK Residents Should Relocate To Immigration Friendly Canada by Ayojideonline(m): 11:31am On May 28, 2023
Canada might be immigration friendly, but still have standard immigration procedures that has hardly failed them. If one is not beneficial and safe or not a threat to their system, they won't let you in.

bolicks:
Re: Nigerian UK Residents Should Relocate To Immigration Friendly Canada by EconFinance: 12:21pm On May 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

This. They keep on shouting they will move to Canada. Canada is very difficult. Study visa is hard. Visit visa is hard. You also need an LMIA to get a job from outside Canada and cause of that most employers don't bother except your country has trade agreements with Canada which removes the LMIA like Peru, Colombia, South Korea or Mexico. Once UK cast completely leaving naija go hard die. Even other european countries aren't easy again
Honestly!
Re: Nigerian UK Residents Should Relocate To Immigration Friendly Canada by ednut1(m): 1:27pm On May 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

I think he meant those already in the UK. If so, it makes sense for them, as their chances should be higher. BTW, your numbers, do they include Nigerians based abroad or it is every Nigerian application to Canada regardless of where the applicant resides?....
being in uk and being in Nigeria are the same thing for Canada visa. If they didn’t qualify for express entry before they likely won’t magically qualify now. If it’s student visa the visa officer will likely wonder if they are a genuine student leaving uk after studying to come study again in Canada. Those in the uk already will always find their way

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Tourism In Nigeria / Sweden Student Visa / Honeymoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.