Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 (13108 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ukraine: FIFA U20 World Cup (1 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Qatar: FIFA U20 World Cup (4 - 0) Full Time / Mikel To Play Argentina Match With Injury. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by Seagodess(f): 9:17am On May 29, 2023
ecoco2014:

They became stars/talents after the 1996 Olympics in terms of clubsides/achievement (apart from Nwankwo Kanu who won the UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN 1995 with Ajax Amsterdam).
the Good old days where everywhere in the streets of Nigeria is always quite when the eagles are playing.. we've missed so many good times in this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by Johnsinia(m): 9:29am On May 29, 2023
Mittwwww! They should start preparing for next U20 world cup. This one is a goner.

But why is it that in every fifa competition, if they no set Argentina for us na Brasil they go set. I hate playing this South Americans. Even if na Germany, France or England they give us, we still get hope but South!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by HayB100(m): 9:32am On May 29, 2023
Correct your post. Nah for U-17 finals them defeat us for Netherlands, when Lionel Messi scored a brace. It was them Mikel and Taiye Taiwo, Promise Isaac. 👌👌👌

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by AngelicBeing: 9:33am On May 29, 2023
sad
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by naptu2: 9:35am On May 29, 2023
HayB100:
Correct your post. Nah for U-17 finals them defeat us for Netherlands, when Lionel Messi scored a brace. It was them Mikel and Taiye Taiwo, Promise Isaac. 👌👌👌

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_FIFA_World_Youth_Championship
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by mysticwarrior(m): 9:35am On May 29, 2023
Argentina already have one goal advantage over Nigeria even before the match kicks off, the referee must give them a penalty in that game, that is what they always do.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by HayB100(m): 9:44am On May 29, 2023
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_FIFA_World_Youth_Championship
oh, that's true, omo! I don quickly forget sha, no vex
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by AquaPetals(f): 9:49am On May 29, 2023
This is more like a fixed game. Argentina would come out winners

Please see this a means to overcome trenches.

Stake atleast 20k for an Argentina Win

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by EPIJOE: 9:50am On May 29, 2023
I don't see this team progressing, they aren't playing good and smart football, they just run around the field, no play maker and good stickers. But something can still happen with prayers and hardwork

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by christopheojo(m): 10:00am On May 29, 2023
ecoco2014:
The Road to Atlanta 96 Gold was very similar.
Managing to beat Hungary 1-0 courtesy of a 2nd half strike by Nwankwo Kanu while Japan beat Brazil 1-0 in the other group match. It was followed by a hard-fought 2-0 victory over Japan and a loss to Brazil (0-1) before beating Mexico 2-0 in the Quarter-finals. In same hope I predict ARGENTINA UNDER 20 v NIGERIA UNDER 20(1-4).
You are dreaming!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by yinkeys(m): 10:04am On May 29, 2023
Freshfish4:
It is finished but come the 3 countries from Africa are all playing south American countries:

Nigeria vs Argentina
Gambia vs Uruguay
Brazil vs Tunisia

Hope this is not a plot to eliminate African countries from the game
From stats, only Gambia will go through
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by ecoco2014(m): 10:05am On May 29, 2023
christopheojo:

You are dreaming!
Ok. You used telepathy or crystal-ball to know that I am dreaming. AIR YOUR OWN OPINION FOR REVIEW AFTER THE MATCH OR SHIFT.
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by completeskills: 10:52am On May 29, 2023
If you have been following these guy's matches..you will know this is the end of the road for them

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by Bahamas95(m): 10:54am On May 29, 2023
Welcome home in advance.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by ManWater: 11:03am On May 29, 2023
jieta:
had it been we came second we would have played England because Italy is playing England for coming second. So between England and Argentina which do you prefer?
We would have topped the group if we had avoided defeat to Brazil. & that would have earned us an easier fixture against Slovakia that managed to qualify as 3rd place in group B with 3pts. (1D vs 3BEF)

&to your question; Argentina is a tougher opponent not only in pedigree but also as the hosts. smiley
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by TVTM2023: 11:24am On May 29, 2023
What if Nigeria wins?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by shonepa(m): 11:27am On May 29, 2023
I swear. Those players no bad, the techinical crew should do better.

Christian36:
Hope they learnt their lesson

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by Emeka71(m): 12:04pm On May 29, 2023
ManWater
:
Wahala dey o!
This is the reward of losing
to Brazil & finishing 3rd in our group - you get a tough fixture.
They have to be at their very best to stand a chance against hosts Argentina.
My prayers are with them. cool

Thier end have come.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by mayor1814: 12:27pm On May 29, 2023
ecoco2014:

They became stars/talents after the 1996 Olympics in terms of clubsides/achievement (apart from Nwankwo Kanu who won the UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN 1995 with Ajax Amsterdam).

Be realistic some of the 96 squad were at the Tunisia 94 nations cup won by Nigeria. Okocha, Amokachie, Uche Okechukwu, Amuneke etc

Naija squad of 94 n 96 are the best squad so far till date
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by mayor1814: 12:30pm On May 29, 2023
Realistically it's going to be a tough match for the flying eagles. Although anything can happen in football, Nigeria faces a herculean task against Argentina.
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by ecoco2014(m): 12:31pm On May 29, 2023
mayor1814:

Be realistic some of the 96 squad were at the Tunisia 94 nations cup won by Nigeria. Okocha, Amokachie, Uche Okechukwu, Amuneke etc

Naija squad of 94 n 96 are the best squad so far till date
I am not being fake.
Antecedents of qualifying for both teams and their group matches are similar. DON'T FORGET OUR ATLANTA 96 EAGLES LOST 1-3 TO TOGO IN A FRIENDLY IN THE NATIONAL STADIUM EN ROUTE ATLANTA 96 YET THE BRACED UP AND PULLED A CREDIBLE FEAT. THE SOUTH AMERICANS ARE BEATABLE IN FRONT OF THEIR OWN HOME CROWD.
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by IMPARTIAL: 2:42pm On May 29, 2023
I doubt if we can best Argentina
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by mayor1814: 2:57pm On May 29, 2023
ecoco2014:

I am not being fake.
Antecedents of qualifying for both teams and their group matches are similar. DON'T FORGET OUR ATLANTA 96 EAGLES LOST 1-3 TO TOGO IN A FRIENDLY IN THE NATIONAL STADIUM EN ROUTE ATLANTA 96 YET THE BRACED UP AND PULLED A CREDIBLE FEAT. THE SOUTH AMERICANS ARE BEATABLE IN FRONT OF THEIR OWN HOME CROWD.

Then Nigeria had a bright chance to go toe to toe with any top teams due to d quality of d team. Even when Italy defeated Nigeria in 94 world cup knock out stage, Nigeria super eagles head were held high, it was one of d toughest matches in world cup history.

But dis current crop of players realistically cannot be compared to our young players of d 90s.

Though anything can happen in football it would be a tough test playing Argentina. Even during d set of Mikel, taye taiwo etc Argentina beat them
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by Freshfish4: 3:54pm On May 29, 2023
yinkeys:

From stats, only Gambia will go through

I highly doubt that
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by Donbabaj: 12:48am On May 30, 2023
Home team are usually favoured in tournament.
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by jieta: 8:00am On May 30, 2023
ManWater:

We would have topped the group if we had avoided defeat to Brazil. & that would have earned us an easier fixture against Slovakia that managed to qualify as 3rd place in group B with 3pts. (1D vs 3BEF)

&to your question; Argentina is a tougher opponent not only in pedigree but also as the hosts. smiley
And who do you think Brazil is playing? It would have be an Africa affair because Brazil is playing Tunisia.

In as much as i will like us to respect Argentina this current Argentina under 20 is not spectacular, there did not qualify during the south America qualifier there only qualify to the competition as host.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by kris(m): 6:19pm On May 30, 2023
The moral of the story is to use google to verify first if you think that someone is wrong in what they wrote.

HayB100:
oh, that's true, omo! I don quickly forget sha, no vex
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by HayB100(m): 6:54pm On May 30, 2023
kris:
The moral of the story is to use google to verify first if you think that someone is wrong in what they wrote.

No vex jareh ✌️✌️✌️
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by ecoco2014(m): 12:09am On Jun 01, 2023
ecoco2014:

I am not being fake.
The Flying Eagles have vindicated me.
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by ecoco2014(m): 12:24am On Jun 01, 2023
ecoco2014:
The Road to Atlanta 96 Gold was very similar.
Managing to beat Hungary 1-0 courtesy of a 2nd half strike by Nwankwo Kanu while Japan beat Brazil 1-0 in the other group match. It was followed by a hard-fought 2-0 victory over Japan and a loss to Brazil (0-1) before beating Mexico 2-0 in the Quarter-finals. In same hope I predict ARGENTINA UNDER 20 v NIGERIA UNDER 20(1-4).
Nairalanders do you remember this.
Re: Nigeria To Play Argentina In FIFA U20 World Cup Round Of 16 by ecoco2014(m): 12:24am On Jun 01, 2023
ecoco2014:

I am not being fake.
NAIRALANDERS DO YOU REMEMBER THIS?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback: Peter Konyegwachie Wins Silver For Nigeria At The LA 1984 Olympics. / Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m / Everton FC Announce Sean Dyche As New Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.