Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,885 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. (467 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / TB Joshua: I Belong To ALL Political Parties / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2018 Prophecies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Porksupplyib: 12:41pm On May 29, 2023
Today is inauguration day and I am sure many Nigerians christians are still finding it hard to believe that things are going through smoothly, despite all they have heard from several so called spiritual heads. smiley
Don't be surprised. Life will go on.

Truth remains that Many prophecies are not God given, despite what many say.

Nothing under the sun has ever been perfectly fair from inception. So don't expect it to start today.

Your religious beliefs are good, at least it gives you a reason to have hope even in this messy world.
However, do not make the mistake of thinking God is the one scheming things always.

Many good people have died before their time. Many millions have perished due to wars created by one man's selfish desire, lots of Innocents have perished paying for crimes they didn't commit. I can go on and on.
Do you think God planned those wars or that he wanted the millions to perish?🤷🏼‍♂️

As a christian I can tell you without bating an eyelid the truth which we all want to ignore. And that is; 1.)This world is not your home. You are just passerbys.
2; God is not scheming anything in any country for anyone."

3.) the devil is the ruler of this world." He masterminds things as he wants.

And for those reason, don't expect things to always go perfectly well. Or expect the truth to always prevail.
Depending on your location in this world, various master plans are at work.
In Africa, it is corruption and what have you. In developed countries it is perversion and other form of madness. Anywhere you go, it is there. So don't be surprised.

Don't waste your time praying that God should change it. Cus he won't.
The earlier you accept that the better for you. He has done his part in creating a way out to save the world. Christ has come and died. You shall be saved if you believe and obey his will.

Now don't start believing being saved means being free of troubles.

Christ did not promise you a smooth journey on earth. He only promised you grace to be with you through all the issues.

Nigerians should stop decieving themselves, believing God will chose a president for them. Or that he will install someone who will change things.
God does not install presidents in the world governed by the devil.
Stop fooling yourselves.

No matter how much you pray, you will not get that answer cus you pray without knowledge.

Imagine christians in the US and UK praying that LGBT laws be abolished and that it should be made a taboo. They will only be wasting their time.

Imagine christians in Ukraine praying that the war with Russia should not happen. They would have been wasting their time.
Imagine christians in China, North Korea, Afghanistan (and other such countries) praying that a president that the countries should recognise them and give them rights to practice their religion freely. I am sure you know that is almost a waste of prayer time.

The power has been given to Man to make decisions for himself. And he will. The devil was chased from heaven and now he lives here in Earth and rules among men.
Lots of evil will prevail.

As a believer, hope and pray for grace to live your life in peace and tranquility on the surface of the earth all the days of your life. Remove spirituality from politics.

Remember 1tim 2:1-2.
"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."

Pray for all men for Kings in authority. That we may lead a quiet and peaceful life.

Christianity is an individual race. God isn't interested in national stories or who is King or president.

Always remember, This is not your home. Heaven is the goal.

May we all enjoy Tinubu's tenure in Jesus name.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by JoshTim: 12:45pm On May 29, 2023
Porksupplyib:
Today is inauguration day and I am sure many Nigerians christians are still finding it hard to believe that things are going through smoothly, despite all they have heard from several so called spiritual heads. smiley
Don't be surprised. Life will go on.

Truth remains that Many prophecies are not God given, despite what many say.

Nothing under the sun has ever been perfectly fair from inception. So don't expect it to start today.

Your religious beliefs are good, at least it gives you a reason to have hope even in this messy world.
However, do not make the mistake of thinking God is the one scheming things always.

Many good people have died before their time. Many millions have perished due to wars created by one man's selfish desire, lots of Innocents have perished paying for crimes they didn't commit. I can go on and on.
Do you think God planned those wars or that he wanted the millions to perish?🤷🏼‍♂️

As a christian I can tell you without bating an eyelid the truth which we all want to ignore. And that is; 1.)This world is not your home. You are just passerbys.
2; God is not scheming anything in any country for anyone."

3.) the devil is the ruler of this world." He masterminds things as he wants.

And for those reason, don't expect things to always go perfectly well. Or expect the truth to prevail.
Depending on your location in this world, various master plans are at work.
In Africa, it is corruption and what have you. In developed countries it is perversion and other form of madness. Anywhere you go, it is there. So don't be surprised.

Don't waste your time praying that God should change it. Cus he won't.
The earlier you accept that the better for you. He has done his part in creating a way out to save the world. Christ has come and died. You shall be saved if you believe and obey his will.

Now don't start believing being saved means being free of troubles.

Christ did not promise you a smooth journey on earth. He only promised you grace to be with you through all the issues.

Nigerians should stop decieving themselves, believing God will chose a president for them. Or that he will install someone who will change things.
God does not install presidents in the world governed by the devil.
Stop fooling yourselves.

No matter how much you pray, you will not get that answer cus you pray without knowledge.

Imagine christians in the US and UK praying that LGBT laws be abolished and that it should be made a taboo. They will only be wasting their time.

Imagine christians in Ukraine praying that the war with Russia should not happen. They would have been wasting their time.
Imagine christians in China (and other such)countries praying that a president that

The power has been given to Man to make decisions for himself. And he will. The devil was chased from heaven and now he lives here in Earth and rules among men.
Lots of evil will prevail.

As a believer, hope and pray for grace to live your life in peace and tranquility on the surface of the earth all the days of your life. Remove spirituality from politics.

Remember 1tim 2:1-2.
"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."

Pray for all men for Kings in authority. That we may lead a quiet and peaceful life.

Christianity is an individual race. God isn't interested in national stories or who is King or president.

Always remember, This is not your home. Heaven is the goal.

May we all enjoy Tinubu's tenure in Jesus name.

God bless you.
Your words are bogus....i can show you 20 verses where God is interested in who becomes king, or head of a nation. Most of our pastors are fake.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Porksupplyib: 1:13pm On May 29, 2023
JoshTim:

Your words are bogus....i can show you 20 verses where God is interested in who becomes king, or head of a nation. Most of our pastors are fake.

Lol. I am sure most of your quotations will be related to isreal. grin
That is the mistake we make as christians. The Christian faith and journey is differnt from the journey of the isrealites.
All the king installations that God masterminded where to ensure his promise to Abraham and David be fulfilled. the prophecy of Christ coming to the world.

All those have been fulfilled . Christ has come and has accomplished God's plan. There is no more chosen nation under heaven. All nations are now the same. We are all chosen people through Christ Jesus.

I am sure you can see isreal today. They don't even care about Christianity. Neither do they spiritualize their politics. Or believe God is to chose a president for them.

God will not chose a leader for you. You will chose one yourselves . And if majority of you chose "Good" , then "Good" shall rule thee. But if majority of you chose the reverse, the reverse shall rule thee.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by thesolutions(m): 1:17pm On May 29, 2023
While I maintain my earlier stance about the prophesies being political tool to keep the Christians tied to hope of a supernatural turnaround and curtail any insurgent by those that disagree with the fraud INEC perpetrated, It is also worthy of Note that the world power will not allow such outspoken prophesy to come to pass just like they attempted such on the birth of Jesus. The world weight is behind the inauguration but many of them won't be directly involved so as not to be seen as meddling.

Without those prophesy, Nigerians would have flung on INEC the moment they notice an alteration on results of some poling units and ensure the correct results were announced. But the prophesy made it appear that God is upto something.

Secondly, Peter Obi had no identity duplicate. It was all programmed. But if he is looking for evidence of identity duplicate, he will be given lots of it. He is found of looking for facts instead of reality. That is why his words are usually contested.

The only losers of this Election is the Minority Christians in the Northern State. They are the main reason Buhari wanted to carry out census to be sure that they are not upto 25% in those state so as to conduct a publicly perceived free and fair election while hopping that Obi won't get 25% in core northern states as the census figures would be provided as evidence should any one argue. But now that the polls has shown that there are a good number of Christians in those states, the more severe persecution will be seen to cut them shot while public show will be carried out in favour of the sycophant few for the media to see the government as being 'Friendly' to Christians. This I have not seen. Just reasoning.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On May 29, 2023
JoshTim:
â–  Your words are bogus....i can show you 20 verses where God is interested in who becomes king, or head of a nation. Most of our pastors are fake.
Note: I am in no way attempting to hold brief for OP there.

1. The only two Nations God ever expressed interest in are

â–ˇ The Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan which He constituted of all the descendants of Jacob and gave them His Old Law of Moses for a National Constitution. God already cursed and scattered all of them with the intention of gathering them back via His second Nation- Deuteronomy 30 vs 1- 6 & Deuteronomy 40 vs 15 - 20.

â–ˇ The Kingdom of God, God's special Nation of Priests, a Kingdom not of this world, - Exodus 19 vs 6 - which He constitutes of the sinners of Israel aka the Lost sheep of Israel whom He is gathering back to Himself from every tongue, every tribe and every nation of this world via Jesus Christ His Constitutional aw and Truth. lipsrsealed

There is no other Nation that matters to God since God made clear that Israel is His Only inheritance in the land of men and it is by way of Israel that He is taking back rule of the earth from men. undecided
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On May 29, 2023
thesolutions:
â–  While I maintain my earlier stance about the prophesies being political tool to keep the Christians tied to hope of a supernatural turnaround and curtail any insurgent by those that disagree with the fraud INEC perpetrated, It is also worthy of Note that the world power will not allow such outspoken prophesy to come to pass just like they attempted such on the birth of Jesus. The world weight is behind the inauguration but many of them won't be directly involved so as not to be seen as meddling.

Without those prophesy, Nigerians would have flung on INEC the moment they notice an alteration on results of some poling units and ensure the correct results were announced. But the prophesy made it appear that God is upto something.

Secondly, Peter Obi had no identity duplicate. It was all programmed. But if he is looking for evidence of identity duplicate, he will be given lots of it. He is found of looking for facts instead of reality. That is why his words are usually contested.

The only losers of this Election is the Minority Christians in the Northern State. They are the main reason Buhari wanted to carry out census to be sure that they are not upto 25% in those state so as to conduct a publicly perceived free and fair election while hopping that Obi won't get 25% in core northern states as the census figures would be provided as evidence should any one argue. But now that the polls has shown that there are a good number of Christians in those states, the more severe persecution will be seen to cut them shot while public show will be carried out in favour of the sycophant few for the media to see the government as being 'Friendly' to Christians. This I have not seen. Just reasoning.

Your so-called political prophecies have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ who instead made known to you that the Kingdom of God over which He is King and Judge over is not even of this world. He assured you of this when He said that His Holy Spirit who is the same Spirit of Truth that lived exists inside of Jesus Christ from His birth will only give to you revelations that have only to do with Him and His Kingdom alone since the Spirit of Truth is subject to Jesus Christ. And since Jesus Christ was sent by God to only the Lost sheep of Israel, it follows that revelations that are given by Him are also only given to those who are of the blood of Jacob. undecided

You deceive your own selves when you allow the very ones Jesus Christ pointed out were false teachers and false prophets who would use his name to prophesy and to do signs and wonders which are not of him--- Jesus Christ said no signs and wonders will be given to you or anyone else--- to delude you with their lies regarding how what they do is of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by eddy1977(m): 2:32pm On May 29, 2023
@OP
I have to admit that your insights were very excellent and your Observations made alot of of sense. You warmed my heart with your philosophy.
However I see a few issues with your theological deductions.
For instance, when you say that prayer in Ukraine or North Korea, will have no impact on the political scenes of these nations.
If prayers have no impact on the political climates of our countries, then why did the New Testament instruct us in Timothy to pray for those who in power. The new testament teaches us that prayer can induce peace in the nation.

What do you say Sir/Madam?

Thanks
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On May 29, 2023
eddy1977:
â–  @OP
I have to admit that your insights were very excellent and your Observations made alot of of sense. You warmed my heart with your philosophy.
For instance, when you say that prayer in Ukraine or North Korea, will have no impact on the political scenes of these nations.
If prayers have no impact on the political climates of our countries, then why did the New Testament instruct us in Timothy to pray for those who in power. The new testament teaches us that prayer can induce peace in the nation. What do you say Sir/Madam? Thanks

Jesus Christ didn't say you should pray for Nations and politicians, so why ignore Jesus Christ? undecided

By the way, God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; their prayers are an abomination to God. As for the righteous, God answers every single one of their prayers and heart desires, and if you read through the many examples of righteous men in scripture, not once did any of them pray to God regarding any nation or people other than God's Israel. undecided
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by eddy1977(m): 2:37pm On May 29, 2023
Another observation:
If Satan ( whatever that means) is the ruler of this world, and he masterminds it as he wills;
Then why did the risen Christ say: all power in heaven and earth and under the earth has been given unto me?
Why did Our Christ also say: The prince of this world has been judged?
Why does The New Testament say in Colossians that Christ triumphed over principalities and dominions on the cross?

Is Satan just an excuse for our lack of responsibility and accountability?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by eddy1977(m): 2:41pm On May 29, 2023
Finally, why is it that your deductions reflects perfectly the philosophies of Neitzsche and David Hume; these men basically said: evil is good and God can go to he'll.

Just an observation.

Again, for the most part, I loved your posts. More than 89% of your insights resonated with me and I agreed with you in those points.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:43pm On May 29, 2023
Porksupplyib:

Lol. I am sure most of your quotations will be related to isreal. grin
That is the mistake we make as christians. The Christian faith and journey is differnt from the journey of the isrealites.
All the king installations that God masterminded where to ensure his promise to Abraham and David be fulfilled. the prophecy of Christ coming to the world.

All those have been fulfilled . Christ has come and has accomplished God's plan. There is no more chosen nation under heaven. All nations are now the same. We are all chosen people through Christ Jesus.

I am sure you can see isreal today. They don't even care about Christianity. Neither do they spiritualize their politics. Or believe God is to chose a president for them.

God will not chose a leader for you. You will chose one yourselves . And if majority of you chose "Good" , then "Good" shall rule thee. But if majority of you chose the reverse, the reverse shall rule thee.

Perfect!
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:47pm On May 29, 2023
God is not interested in all human government because it's under Satan's control so they are lying to you saying God spoke to them about government in one place or another the gift to prophesy has ended when God's word said No addition and No subtraction! Revelations 22:18-19
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:51pm On May 29, 2023
eddy1977:
Finally, why is it that your deductions reflects perfectly the philosophies of Neitzsche and David Hume; these men basically said: evil is good and God can go to he'll...

And both died like cursed dogs.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:53pm On May 29, 2023
thesolutions:
While I maintain my earlier stance about the prophesies being political tool to keep the Christians tied to hope of a supernatural turnaround and curtail any...

You mean church goers and church visitors, not Christians.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On May 29, 2023
eddy1977:
â–  Another observation: If Satan ( whatever that means) is the ruler of this world, and he masterminds it as he wills; Then why did the risen Christ say: all power in heaven and earth and under the earth has been given unto me?
Why did Our Christ also say: The prince of this world has been judged? Why does The New Testament say in Colossians that Christ triumphed over principalities and dominions on the cross?
â–  Is Satan just an excuse for our lack of responsibility and accountability?
1. To your first question, Jesus rules over Satan. Jesus Christ introduced Satan as an enemy to all of His followers, and immediately after that assured His followers that they have been given, by Him, more power than Satan has, meaning they are not to have any fear of Satan given they are made more powerful than Satan by virtue of being His followers.
17 When the 72 followers came back from their trip, they were very happy. They said, “Lord, even the demons obeyed us when we used your name!”
18 Jesus said to them, “I saw Satan falling like lightning from the sky.
19 He is the enemy, but know that I have given you more power than he has. I have given you power to crush his snakes and scorpions under your feet. Nothing will hurt you.
20 Yes, even the spirits obey you. And you can be happy, not because you have this power, but because your names are written in heaven.” - Luke 10 vs 17 - 20
So, even those who are of Jesus Christ, those who are become Sons of God, have power over Satan. The Kingdom of God is of power and those who are of Jesus Christ have power greater than that of Satan. undecided

2. Yes, Satan is the religion of Christianities's excuse for pretty much everything they refuse and reject of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. The average Christian uses Satan as a reason why he/she should not be expected to obey or accept the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. Christians seem to have what amounts to a Ph.D. in the study and knowledge of the person of Satan but nothing close to that as far as Jesus Christ, the one by whom they claim they are saved. undecided

Now, Jesus Christ said those who love Him are to remove themselves from the politics of this world - Matthew 20 vs 20 - 28 & Matthew 6 vs 24 & John 6 vs 25 - 35. So, following the politics of this world amounts to serving another master other than Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:58pm On May 29, 2023
eddy1977:
@OP
If prayers have no impact on the political climates of our countries, then why did the New Testament instruct us in Timothy to pray for those who in power. The new testament teaches us that prayer can induce peace in the nation.

Thanks

So that the evil they plan to do will not be too too evil.

Small bad is better than big evil. grin
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:03pm On May 29, 2023
eddy1977:
Another observation:
If Satan ( whatever that means) is the ruler of this world, and he masterminds it as he wills;
Then why did the risen Christ say: all power in heaven and earth and under the earth has been given unto me?
Why did Our Christ also say: The prince of this world has been judged?
Why does The New Testament say in Colossians that Christ triumphed over principalities and dominions on the cross?

Is Satan just an excuse for our lack of responsibility and accountability?

It is who says "checkmate" at the end of the game who wins. Not who ate the most pieces.

Satan is playing for pieces and Christ already has the checkmate.

So that is what He has given us and that is where the victory and triumph is.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by thesolutions(m): 3:13pm On May 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You mean church goers and church visitors, not Christians.
All are victims of the same fate.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:13pm On May 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
God is not interested in all human government because it's under Satan's control so they are lying to you saying God spoke to them about government in one place or another the gift to prophesy has ended when God's word said No addition and No subtraction! Revelations 22:18-19

Go and read your Bible again and see the why, if you like.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:16pm On May 29, 2023
thesolutions:
All are victims of the same fate.

Christians are never affected by what a pastor says, therefore they can never be victims of them.

It is the evil, lazy, church going folk who are always gullyble.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:20pm On May 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Go and read your Bible again and see the why, if you like.

The reason is there already:

All Revelations of things to come has ended in that Bible book!
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by thesolutions(m): 3:33pm On May 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your so-called political prophecies have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ who instead made known to you that the Kingdom of God over which He is King and Judge over is not even of this world. He assured you of this when He said that His Holy Spirit who is the same Spirit of Truth that lived exists inside of Jesus Christ from His birth will only give to you revelations that have only to do with Him and His Kingdom alone since the Spirit of Truth is subject to Jesus Christ. And since Jesus Christ was sent by God to only the Lost sheep of Israel, it follows that revelations that are given by Him are also only given to those who are of the blood of Jacob. undecided

You deceive your ownselves when you allow the very ones Jesus Christ pointed out were false teachers and false prophets who would use his name to prophesy and to do signs and wonders which are not of him--- Jesus Christ said no signs and wonders will be given to you or anyone else--- to delude you with their lies regarding how what they do is of Jesus Christ. undecided
If you had read through, you would have seen my first stance as seeing the said prophecies as being political tool. My opinion though. But you seek to attack Christians because you heard prophecies.
Nehman had a dream about meeting a man that will cure his leprosy. It came to pass. He was not an Israelite. Pharaoh had dreams and they came to pass. He was not an Israelite. So if prophecies must be about Jesus and the Israelites, we won't be having prophecies from TB Joshua coming to fulfilment.
Genuine prophecies can be stopped. Jonah is an example. He complained to God when he forgave the Ninivites after they repented when they head the prophecy even though they were affected years later when they fall back to their sins. You are not the judge of which are true prophecies and which are not. Who saw what knows what he saw and you can not change that. Your comments are your assumptions just like any others'
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by thesolutions(m): 3:39pm On May 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Christians are never affected by what a pastor says, therefore they can never be victims of them.

It is the evil, lazy, church going folk who are always gullyble.
That is because you assume a Christian can not be caught unawares and those who are victims of religious killings are not genuine Christians by your same assumptions. How did the Apostles die. They should have known and avoided it.
That you have a privilege of knowing should be enough to burden you into teaching others. But you are not a Christian. That is why you are bold to use the word gullible.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:46pm On May 29, 2023
thesolutions:
That is because you assume a Christian can not be caught unawares

Certainly not from a lying scheming devilous pastor.

thesolutions:

and those who are victims of religious killings are not genuine Christians by your same assumptions. How did the Apostles die...

At least, this is not the case of the pastor deceiving them as you said.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On May 29, 2023
thesolutions:
â–  If you had read through, you would have seen my first stance as seeing the said prophecies as being political tool. My opinion though. But you seek to attack Christians because you heard prophecies. Nehman had a dream about meeting a man that will cure his leprosy. It came to pass. He was not an Israelite. Pharaoh had dreams and they came to pass. He was not an Israelite. So if prophecies must be about Jesus and the Israelites, we won't be having prophecies from TB Joshua coming to fulfilment.
â–  Genuine prophecies can be stopped. Jonah is an example. He complained to God when he forgave the Ninivites after they repented when they head the prophecy even though they were affected years later when they fall back to their sins.
â–  You are not the judge of which are true prophecies and which are not. Who saw what knows what he saw and you can not change that. Your comments are your assumptions just like any others
'
1. In Daniel 9 vs 24 - 27, God explained that there would be a seal on all Old Covenant prophets and visions(prophecies) approximately 500 years later. In Joel 2 vs 31, we were informed that in the last days, the sons and daughters of Israel would prophesy. When Jesus Christ arrived, He informed you that John the Baptist was the last of the Old Covenant Prophets. The same Jesus Christ later indicated that the last days were indeed upon them as Jerusalem was to be reduced stone by stone during that same generation. In that same generation, Peter, on the day of Pentecost revealed that indeed the last days were already upon them as the sons and daughters of Israel prophesied to mark the end — God's judgment against those of His Old Law. This all took place almost 1900 years ago. undecided

So, you can imagine, how, when you now throw Nehman's dream at me 1900 years later to suggest that the same Old Law which was sealed off by God over 1900 years ago is still active, I am caused to wonder if you are in fact telling me that God failed at sealing all that pertained of the Old Law. undecided

2. Jonah was of God's Old Covenant. The Old Covenant and all related to it was sealed off by God about 1900 years ago in fulfillment of prophecies told to you even by Jonah.

3. In the New Covenant, Jesus Christ made clear by way of His Gospel which is the Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God that the Spirit of Truth — the Holy Spirit — will only give revelations regarding Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God, nothing else. You can read this for yourself in John 14 vs 15 - 26 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 16. The following is a summary of what Jesus Christ said in those passages.
a. The Father will send the Spirit of Truth aka the Helper in the Name of Jesus Christ to those who live their lives in submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ.
b. Those who live in the world cannot receive or have the Spirit of Truth because do not have the ability to see or perceive Him in their lack of knowledge(KNOWING) of the Truth of God, Jesus Christ.
c. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will teach the followers of Jesus Christ all things and bring to their remembrance all that Jesus Christ has taught.
d. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will bear witness about Jesus Christ to each of Jesus's own followers.
e. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will convict those who are in the world regarding sin, righteousness, and judgment.
f. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will guide each one of Jesus Christ's followers into all Truth for He will only speak of that which He hears of Jesus Christ and declare that which is to come concerning Jesus Christ(and His Kingdom)
g. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will glorify Jesus Christ, for He will take what belongs to Jesus Christ to declare to each of His followers
h. All that the Father has belongs to Jesus Christ and as such the Helper will teach to Jesus Christ's followers only that which is of Jesus Christ.
In the era of the New Covenant, there are no private readings, dream interpretations/soothsaying. None of that applies as far as Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God are concerned. Jesus Christ warned you of those who will come to you using his name to prophesy - Matthew 7 vs 15 - 23. undecided

So, this isn't about judging what prophecies are right or wrong, but letting you know two things:
â–  Every prophecy that pretends to be according to Old Covenant is not of God. Such a prophecy claims God failed to seal all that pertains to His Old Law almost 1900 years ago.
â–  Every prophecy that pretends to be of Jesus Christ but does not abide by the rule as set by Jesus Christ Himself which is that it is of Him and His own Kingdom, is also not of Jesus Christ.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On May 29, 2023
thesolutions:
â–  That is because you assume a Christian can not be caught unawares and those who are victims of religious killings are not genuine Christians by your same assumptions. How did the Apostles die. They should have known and avoided it.
That you have a privilege of knowing should be enough to burden you into teaching others. But you are not a Christian. That is why you are bold to use the word gullible.
Not to hold brief for the one you responded to but even Jesus Christ referred to Christians as blind followers. The contents of the book is over 2000 years old, so anyone who really seeks God would consider first what is written and then validate everything he/she hears from others against what is in fact written — spoken by Jesus Christ primarily. Much of Christianity does absolutely nothing of that hence the reason why these ideas of prophecies linked to God's Old Law prevail even after 1900 years after God put a seal on the Old Law — prophets and visions as well. undecided

By the way, in Jesus Christ, there are no prophets and there are no private visions or readings or dreams or any of that nonsense. Jesus Christ revealed this when He made clear what the Spirit of Truth — the one who manages such things — will only reveal to those who belong to HIm. undecided
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Porksupplyib: 4:26pm On May 29, 2023
eddy1977:
@OP

Thanks
The book of 1tim 2:1-2.
" intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."

This was the word of Paul.
Now I believe you remember how much persecution Paul suffered. Despite praying for heads of all these nations.
How he was imprisoned over and over again until his execution in Rome. Or have we forgotten the persecutions of the early christians.
Yes we are enjoined to pray for the heads of the nations and people in authority, but that
does not mean a christian would be free of persecutions.

Jesus Christ did not promise any Christian a life free of persecutions.
Yes you may pray, but expect the persecutions.

Let's Read Matt 10: from verse 16 down to 23

16, I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Emphasis on verse 23. If you are persecuted in one place, flee to another.
That is the word of Christ himself.

The issue we have now is that we have redesigned the words of the bible to suit our fleshy desire. We have re-tuned Christianity to mean "sweet peaceful alluring rich life" free from adversaries and troubles.
Forgetting not the words of Christ in John 16:33
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by eddy1977(m): 5:01pm On May 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

And both died like cursed dogs.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Very true
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by eddy1977(m): 5:03pm On May 29, 2023
Porksupplyib:

The book of 1tim 2:1-2.
" intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."

This was the word of Paul.
Now I believe you remember how much persecution Paul suffered. Despite praying for heads of all these nations.
How he was imprisoned over and over again until his execution in Rome. Or have we forgotten the persecutions of the early christians.
Yes we are enjoined to pray for the heads of the nations and people in authority, but that
does not mean a christian would be free of persecutions.

Jesus Christ did not promise any Christian a life free of persecutions.
Yes you may pray, but expect the persecutions.

Let's Read Matt 10: from verse 16 down to 23

16, I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Emphasis on verse 23. If you are persecuted in one place, flee to another.
That is the word of Christ himself.

The issue we have now is that we have redesigned the words of the bible to suit our fleshy desire. We have re-tuned Christianity to mean "sweet peaceful alluring rich life" free from adversaries and troubles.
Forgetting the words of Christ in John 16:33
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Understood.
Thanks
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by thesolutions(m): 6:22pm On May 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. In Daniel 9 vs 24 - 27, God explained that there would be a seal on all Old Covenant prophets and visions(prophecies) approximately 500 years later. In Joel 2 vs 31, we were informed that in the last days, the sons and daughters of Israel would prophesy. When Jesus Christ arrived, He informed you that John the Baptist was the last of the Old Covenant Prophets. The same Jesus Christ later indicated that the last days were indeed upon them as Jerusalem was to be reduced stone by stone during that same generation. In that same generation, Peter, on the day of Pentecost revealed that indeed the last days were already upon them as the sons and daughters of Israel prophesied to mark the end — God's judgment against those of His Old Law. This all took place almost 1900 years ago. undecided

So, you can imagine, how, when you now throw Nehman's dream at me 1900 years later to suggest that the same Old Law which was sealed off by God over 1900 years ago is still active, I am caused to wonder if you are in fact telling me that God failed at sealing all that pertained of the Old Law. undecided

2. Jonah was of God's Old Covenant. The Old Covenant and all related to it was sealed off by God about 1900 years ago in fulfillment of prophecies told to you even by Jonah.

3. In the New Covenant, Jesus Christ made clear by way of His Gospel which is the Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God that the Spirit of Truth — the Holy Spirit — will only give revelations regarding Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God, nothing else. You can read this for yourself in John 14 vs 15 - 26 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 16. The following is a summary of what Jesus Christ said in those passages.
In the era of the New Covenant, there are no private readings, dream interpretations/soothsaying. None of that applies as far as Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God are concerned. Jesus Christ warned you of those who will come to you using his name to prophesy - Matthew 7 vs 15 - 23. undecided

So, this isn't about judging what prophecies are right or wrong, but letting you know two things:
â–  Every prophecy that pretends to be according to Old Covenant is not of God. Such a prophecy claims God failed to seal all that pertains to His Old Law almost 1900 years ago.
â–  Every prophecy that pretends to be of Jesus Christ but does not abide by the rule as set by Jesus Christ Himself which is that it is of Him and His own Kingdom, is also not of Jesus Christ.

You hold the book as facts and refuse to accept reality. There was a prophet called Agabus. He was after around After John the baptist. The same prophesied about Paul captivity. There was John. His book of prophesy known as revelation came to be after John the baptist. was his prophesy still of your definition of new covenant of prophesy after the old covenant era that ended with John the baptist.
The era we are in has gifted many with divers gift of predicting the future. some others use scientific instruments while others use orthodox meditation approach. If they chose to attribute their finding to God, it is not in your power to discredit their claim because you yourself do not believe in what they call their God. If Paul can say that because he was found faithful, his words can be spoken as scriptures by God Approval. So why are you disputing peoples claim to prophesying. You definitely not an Israelite. so why oppose those who believe they are.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Surprised All Political Prophecies Failed. by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On May 30, 2023
thesolutions:
â–  You hold the book as facts and refuse to accept reality.
â–  There was a prophet called Agabus. He was after around After John the baptist. The same prophesied about Paul captivity. There was John. His book of prophesy known as revelation came to be after John the baptist. was his prophesy still of your definition of new covenant of prophesy after the old covenant era that ended with John the baptist.
â–  The era we are in has gifted many with divers gift of predicting the future. some others use scientific instruments while others use orthodox meditation approach. If they chose to attribute their finding to God, it is not in your power to discredit their claim because you yourself do not believe in what they call their God.
â–  If Paul can say that because he was found faithful, his words can be spoken as scriptures by God Approval. So why are you disputing peoples claim to prophesying. You definitely not an Israelite. so why oppose those who believe they are.
1. Refuse to accept what reality abeg?

2. Here's reality! In response to the promise which He made as part of His Old Law, God explained that He would send Prophets to the people whom He would communicate via dreams and visions with.
5 The Lord came down in the tall cloud and stood at the entrance to the Tent. He called out, “Aaron and Miriam!” They went to him.
6 God said, “Listen to me! You will have prophets. I, the Lord, will let them learn about me through visions. I will speak to them in dreams.
7 But Moses is not like that. He is my faithful servant—I trust him with everyone in my house.
8 When I speak to him, I talk face to face with him. I don’t use stories with hidden meanings—I show him clearly what I want him to know. And Moses can look at the very image of the Lord. So why were you brave enough to speak against my servant Moses?” - Numbers 12 vs 5 - 8
So, according to the Old Law of Moses, a prophet is basically someone who God communicates with via visions and dreams. Then towards to end of the Old Law, God informs the people through Joel that He would communicate directly to the people via visions and dreams — the same way He communicated in the past through His prophets. undecided
28 “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions.
29 Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit.
30 “And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.
32 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the Lord has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the Lord calls. - Joel 2 vs 28 - 32
This makes sense since Jesus Christ did in fact announce that of all those born from the womb, John the Baptist was the greatest prophet— the last of those sent from God to the people. Jesus is the Truth of God so, what He says is the Truth — no questions. undecided

Now, let's consider one such murderous sinner who knew nothing about Jesus Christ except that He, Jesus Christ, was a blasphemer that was rightly killed, who also saw a vision. He had no business whatsoever seeing visions but remember, on the day of Pentecost, the disciples of Jesus had announced that the time prophesied by the Prophet Joel had finally arrived. And it is for that reason that the murderous sinner Saul — on his way to commit yet another murder — was able to have a vision as a Prophet of Old would through which God directly communicated with Him(see Numbers 12 vs 6 above). undecided

Now, as for Agabus, well, he was not described as a disciple or follower of Jesus Christ, and there is no mention of him being an anointed or holy prophet either, so either Agabus was born before John the Baptist was— Like Prophet Anna who was mentioned in the gospels—, or Agabus became a prophet as a result of the prophecy of Joel. undecided

Now the most important takeaway from this here is that the Old Covenant Prophets (and Prophecies) ended when God destroyed Jerusalem almost 1900 years ago. Visions such as the one Saul and even Agabus were able to see — both of them of God's Old Law and truth — ended when God brought down His judgment on the Land of Judah as He promised He would. This is what is made clear in the book of the Prophets. This means that anyone who claims to be associated with God's Old law to this day is a liar and a deceiver — a false prophet and a false teacher. undecided

As for John, the Revelator, he was not a prophet. Why? Well, because, unlike what you have in the Old Law of Moses where God specifically made a deal with the people to send them prophets who would deliver His messages to them, Jesus Christ never promised that in His own Law and Kingdom to anyone. Also, Jesus Christ made clear that no dreams/visions/signs would be given to anyone. He instead made clear that everyone in His Kingdom was called to become a Priest of the Highest, and that He alone is Teacher/guide/Authority/Ruler/King & Master/Helper/Shepherd, etc., to each and everyone to belongs to His Kingdom. undecided

If you carefully read through John's book of Revelation, what you will notice is that the major theme of His message is Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God. In the Gospels, Jesus Christ taught that His Holy Spirit — the Spirit of Truth— would only reveal Visions that pertain to the Truth as proclaimed by Jesus Christ, and His Kingdom — nothing else. (No private readings, fortune-telling, or seeing a person's past of deciphering dreams, etc., none of that.) And this can be found in the passages where Jesus Christ clearly revealed exactly what the Spirit of Truth, who He made clear is subject to Him and His Kingdom, would reveal - John 14 vs 15 - 26 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 16. Again, anything outside of this is not of Jesus Christ.

So, Jesus Christ promised that every one of His friends would see Him coming in the glory of His Kingdom — every single follower of Jesus Christ will see(visions) similar to that which John saw and have an understanding of it. John saw and wrote what He saw. The other disciples may have written but their works were lost. So, in the Kingdom of God, what John saw, Jesus Christ promised everyone who belonged to Him would see too. undecided

3. God Himself said it is a sin for them to do that which they think they are free to do. Remember, Jesus Christ condemned such people, who would use His name and likeness to broadcast that which has nothing to do with Him, as false teachers and false prophets. undecided

4. Are you referring to the same Paul who warned, "Let God be True, and all men(including Paul himself) Liars?" Are you certain you clearly grasped the words of Paul there which you claim to quote? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Unable To Walk After Embarking On 21 Days Dry Fast / Christ Is On Earth Physically / Jesus Is Returning Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.