Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,648 members, 7,823,837 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 (39798 Views)

Professor Wole Soyinka Published A Book Titled "Baiting Igbophobia" / Prof Sophie Oluwole Dies At 83 / Foremost African Philosopher, Prof Sophie Oluwole, Dies At 83 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by Blackdisciple(m): 6:30pm On May 31, 2023
Eyah ... I remember those days reading her novels.

Rest on Ma
Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by DOptical: 6:59pm On May 31, 2023
Rip to the great writer.
Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by Jecint: 7:03pm On May 31, 2023
Rest in peace in ma'am 💝🙏
Is she the writer of faceless?
Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by Waywardson6: 7:08pm On May 31, 2023
Rest in Perfect Peace Ma. You were truly one of a kind.
Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by gidjah(m): 9:17pm On May 31, 2023
dyera:
Aww

I read some of her novels back in junior secondary school.

Popularly known as 'Ababio chemistry'.

I remember when my teacher was challenging us and he told us about a legendary student that read Ababio chemistry from beginning to end four times.

As one of the top students in class I thought, if that guy could do it, then I should also be able to do it. I went and borrowed Ababio chemistry from my classmate with the purpose of reading it from beginning to end.

But even before I finished the first quarter of the textbook I could not continue, because I could not keep up with the countless chemical formulas and equation. They were just too many and it was impossible for me to memorize them.

When I eventually took up physics textbook and saw how I couldn't stop studying it, I came to the conclusion that I was more of a physicist.
Ababio newly came in when we were in ss2 then ,so we were nipped on AFOLAYAN THEN,.Physics was holderness and Lambert. Later PN OKEKE .I READ VIRTUALLY ALL THE TOPICS IN THOSE TEXT BOOKS.LAMBERT WAS VERY VOLUMINOUS BUT I COULD READ , CRAM AND RECALL TOPICS BY PAGES.PUBLIC SCHOOL THEN WAS FUN.I NEVER KNEW WHAT HAD STORED UP IN ME UNTILL AFTER SEC SCHOOL, BOY BECAME HALF MAD ! STUDYING BE AME MY DAILY LIFE STYLE EVEN TILL DATE .
Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by Osariemen12: 9:19pm On May 31, 2023
Rest in peace, the great one.
Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by seunayantokun(m): 9:23pm On May 31, 2023
What a great mind she had! Rip
Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by orlahtohbadt(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2023
12inchess:
Very intelligent woman. She even differentiated between Europe and the western world. Na pesin wey dey think deeply dey talk like this. RIP madam. Africa lost a Gem.

Chimamanda can pick a thing or two from her intelligence and not die on the altar of PO politics and ethnic sentiments. Afterall they are in the same profession
This is funny, do you think when she was alive she won’t have been a critique to the Ghanaian government? This thing is not a monopoly. Anybody can decide to do what they want to do and it shouldn’t be about intelligence. To think of it who says both of them are not as intelligent in their own rights?
Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by Orosotare(m): 9:46pm On May 31, 2023
RIP great woman
Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by molybdenum0012: 9:52pm On May 31, 2023
dyera:
Aww

I read some of her novels back in junior secondary school.

Popularly known as 'Ababio chemistry'.

I remember when my teacher was challenging us and he told us about a legendary student that read Ababio chemistry from beginning to end four times.

As one of the top students in class I thought, if that guy could do it, then I should also be able to do it. I went and borrowed Ababio chemistry from my classmate with the purpose of reading it from beginning to end.

But even before I finished the first quarter of the textbook I could not continue, because I could not keep up with the countless chemical formulas and equation. They were just too many and it was impossible for me to memorize them.

When I eventually took up physics textbook and saw how I couldn't stop studying it, I came to the conclusion that I was more of a physicist.

Same here. Ababio was too voluminous; it was like a reference book for us. I prefer to study physics too, especially the legendary book written by P.N Okeke. Years later I bagged a master in Radiation Physics...
Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by Boss347(m): 1:14am On Jun 01, 2023
Rest In Peace, Professor Ama Atta Aidoo
Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by magabounce(m): 2:56am On Jun 01, 2023
I remember reading ANOWA!!!
Days of Army Day Secondary School Ikot Ansa
Re: Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 by Nmezor(f): 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
Rest in peace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Palingenesis / Wole Soyinka: I Will Not Destroy My US Residential Permit Just Yet. / Naughty By Choice (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.