Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I (892 Views)

US Secretary Of State Blinken Says Ukraine Will Be NATO Member / Russia Imposes Sanctions On Biden, Blinken, Other US Officials / Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by thedio(m): 7:27pm On Jun 02, 2023
Blinken said in a speech on Friday that Russia's invasion of Ukraine is a "strategic failure."

Blinken said Russia is "significantly worse off today than it was before the full-scale invasion."

"Today, many see Russia's military as the second strongest in Ukraine," he said.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken criticized the Kremlin's military on Friday, saying Russia is "significantly worse off today than it was before the full-scale invasion" of Ukraine in February 2022.

"The Kremlin often claimed it had the second strongest military in the world β€” and many believed it," Blinken said in a speech in Helsinki, Finland. "Today, many see Russia's military as the second strongest in Ukraine."

In the speech, Blinken called Russia's war against Ukraine a "strategic failure" that had diminished "Russia's military, economic and diplomatic power, and its influence for years to come."

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has caused staggering losses to Ukrainian citizens, Ukrainian troops β€” and its own military. Even the leader of the Wagner mercenary group helping Russia's army has complained about a lack of support and ammo on the frontlines.

While Blinken called for a stronger Ukraine and peace between the two countries, he rejected calls for a cease-fire while Russia controls the land it grabbed in eastern Ukraine.

"It would legitimize Russia's land grab," Blinken said. "It would reward the aggressor and punish the victim."

Russia is currently facing an onslaught of counterattacks. UK intel said on Friday that Russia struggling between using its resources to fight in Ukraine or against small-scale militant attacks within its own borders.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-secretary-state-blinken-said-150900803.html

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by HacheNoire: 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
🀣🀣🀣🀣

Same army struggling in Ukraine!

Russia has a right to dream, it does not change the facts!

That wack Russian military that Nigeria can defeat of nuclear option is removed from the table!

Their incompetence has been so much exposed that, one can easily conclude that a unification of Blackaxe and Vikings will defeat the Russian military .

Russia be parading hunters and still call them soldiers! Bragging with old Soviet Union artillery’s.

1 Like

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by SalamRushdie: 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2023
Russia is fighting 30 NATO countries all at once and winning

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Ofodirinwa: 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2023
Someone that just permanently retreated from Afghanistan

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by tubolancer(m): 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
thedio:
Blinken said in a speech on Friday that Russia's invasion of Ukraine is a "strategic failure."

Blinken said Russia is "significantly worse off today than it was before the full-scale invasion."

"Today, many see Russia's military as the second strongest in Ukraine," he said.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken criticized the Kremlin's military on Friday, saying Russia is "significantly worse off today than it was before the full-scale invasion" of Ukraine in February 2022.

"The Kremlin often claimed it had the second strongest military in the world β€” and many believed it," Blinken said in a speech in Helsinki, Finland. "Today, many see Russia's military as the second strongest in Ukraine."

In the speech, Blinken called Russia's war against Ukraine a "strategic failure" that had diminished "Russia's military, economic and diplomatic power, and its influence for years to come."

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has caused staggering losses to Ukrainian citizens, Ukrainian troops β€” and its own military. Even the leader of the Wagner mercenary group helping Russia's army has complained about a lack of support and ammo on the frontlines.

While Blinken called for a stronger Ukraine and peace between the two countries, he rejected calls for a cease-fire while Russia controls the land it grabbed in eastern Ukraine.

"It would legitimize Russia's land grab," Blinken said. "It would reward the aggressor and punish the victim."

Russia is currently facing an onslaught of counterattacks. UK intel said on Friday that Russia struggling between using its resources to fight in Ukraine or against small-scale militant attacks within its own borders.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-secretary-state-blinken-said-150900803.html
This country, I mean the United States is a very intelligent country.
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
Russia and China, always giving US, something to warble about.Lol! They are the reason, the US can never hold any developing nation bondage with threats of sanctions if they were doing things,the US in its own self interest, doesn't like.
Look at North Korea.Despite US sanctions, it's defiantly still improving its nuclear armoury even more and developing more sophisticated missiles.
NK is a developed country and a nuclear power, whether the US likes it or not.
As for the ongoing Russia -Ukraine war, nobody can correctly say the final outcome,but definitely it's not ending anytime soon.
And now Ukrainians are now starting to engaging in cross border offensive attacks within Russia.Recently they launched a drone attack within Belgorod and a Pro Ukrainian Russian fighting group, fighting against the Putin regime has added to Ukraine's war advantage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by HacheNoire: 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
Russia and China, always giving US, something to warble about.Lol! They are the reason, the US can never hold any developing nation bondage with threats of sanctions if they were doing things,the US in its own self interest, doesn't like.
Look at North Korea.Despite US sanctions, it's defiantly still improving its nuclear armoury even more and developing more sophisticated missiles.
NK is a developed country and a nuclear power, whether the US likes it or not.
As for the ongoing Russia -Ukraine war, nobody can correctly say the final outcome,but definitely it's not ending anytime soon.
And now Ukrainians are now starting to engaging in cross border offensive attacks within Russia.Recently they launched a drone attack within Belgorod and a Pro Ukrainian Russian fighting group, fighting against the Putin regime has added to Ukraine's war advantage.

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Antiochus(m): 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
When your enemy says things like this it means the enemy is in sifia pains. Honestly NATO should give it up. If you like send B52 to Ukraine Russia isn't going down as you people had expected.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by obedience4(m): 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Someone that just permanently retreated from Afghanistan

You forgot the Soviet Union, now mostly Russia once invaded the same Afghanistan and was wiped black and blue
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by obedience4(m): 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
Antiochus:
When your enemy says things like this it means the enemy is in sifia pains. Honestly NATO should give it up. If you like send B52 to Ukraine Russia isn't going down as you people had expected.

I guess Russia trying to take Kiev and change the Ukrainian government is also going the way Putin expected πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by fortunez1(m): 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Russia is fighting 30 NATO countries all at once and winning
Seems you never pray for God to send you help during your trying times.
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Vl3ly: 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2023
obedience4:

You forgot the Soviet Union, now mostly Russia once invaded the same Afghanistan and was wiped black and blue
not too far, NATO instructor, NATO trained fighters with NATO fighting tools were chased out of bachmut by just an ordinary machinery called, called.............Wagner

6 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Masterviolence(m): 11:19am On Jun 03, 2023
obedience4:

Soviet union was not only made up of Russia alone.
Not forgetting the support the mujahideen got from the u.s, u.k, china, France and a host of arab nations.
Only Talibans sent u.s running home like headless chickens grin.

Make sure you know history. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by obedience4(m): 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
Vl3ly:
not too far, NATO instructor, NATO trained fighters with NATO fighting tools were chased out of bachmut by just an ordinary machinery called, called.............Wagner

Who chased the famed Russian special forces the sapnataz when they tried to take over keiv πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜€
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by obedience4(m): 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2023
Masterviolence:

Soviet union was not only made up of Russia alone.
Not forgetting the support the mujahideen got from the u.s, u.k, china, France and a host of arab nations.
Only Talibans sent u.s running home like headless chickens grin.

Make sure you know history. cool

Now the Soviet Union ain't Russian, yet you guys didn't give Ukraine any credit for the Soviet Union achievement in ww2, now that the Soviet Union has lost in Afghanistan it so just happen that the Soviet Union ain't just Russia alone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜

Back to the USA invasion of Afghanistan, first the objective of the USA led innervation was to Lil the Taliban out of power, something the USA Achieve in just 4 months, while Russian Military tried and failed woefully to remove the zelenzky government.

The USA plan was to train the Afghanistan national army the ANA and then they would take up the security of the Afghan state, is not to write rubbish on narialand, go check out the primary and secondary aims of the USA led innervation in Afghanistan,
But the Afghanistan men seems not prepared to save there country, there were multiple timeline set for the USA to leave Afghan but the USA leaders in the Pentagon kept shifting date because of the idequiences of the Afghan army.

Note the USA after dealing with the Taliban had to put up with a asemeric insurgent style of war with the Taliban, it was no longer a normal conventional warfare as we see in the Ukraine war.
No matter who you are when you don't know your enemy you are bound to take losses which the USA took.
Using the Boko Haram as a case study the insurgent wil never fight the Nigeria military on a conventional warfare, either they go with the hit and run tactics..

You can't compare the USA and the Soviet Union achievement in Afghanistan, the Soviet Union fought and lost a normal conventional warfare in Afghanistan.
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Masterviolence(m): 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2023
obedience4:

Now the Soviet Union ain't Russian, yet you guys didn't give Ukraine any credit for the Soviet Union achievement in ww2, now that the Soviet Union has lost in Afghanistan it so just happen that the Soviet Union ain't just Russia alone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜

Back to the USA invasion of Afghanistan, first the objective of the USA led innervation was to Lil the Taliban out of power, something the USA Achieve in just 4 months, while Russian Military tried and failed woefully to remove the zelenzky government.

The USA plan was to train the Afghanistan national army the ANA and then they would take up the security of the Afghan state, is not to write rubbish on narialand, go check out the primary and secondary aims of the USA led innervation in Afghanistan,
But the Afghanistan men seems not prepared to save there country, there were multiple timeline set for the USA to leave Afghan but the USA leaders in the Pentagon kept shifting date because of the idequiences of the Afghan army.

Note the USA after dealing with the Taliban had to put up with a asemeric insurgent style of war with the Taliban, it was no longer a normal conventional warfare as we see in the Ukraine war.
No matter who you are when you don't know your enemy you are bound to take losses which the USA took.
Using the Boko Haram as a case study the insurgent wil never fight the Nigeria military on a conventional warfare, either they go with the hit and run tactics..

You can't compare the USA and the Soviet Union achievement in Afghanistan, the Soviet Union fought and lost a normal conventional warfare in Afghanistan.
Keep on deceiving yourself πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

I have just one question for you: who is ruling Afghanistan as of today?
If your answer is The Talibans then all you wrote was gibberish grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Vl3ly: 2:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
obedience4:

Who chased the famed Russian special forces the sapnataz when they tried to take over keiv πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜€
they withdrew not defeat as Wagner defeated NATO in bakhmut

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by obedience4(m): 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2023
Masterviolence:

Keep on deceiving yourself πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

I have just one question for you: who is ruling Afghanistan as of today?
If your answer is The Talibans then all you wrote are gibberish grin

Am not surprised by your reply.
Wasn't expecting anything intelligent thou.

The USA deafeted the imperial Japanese empire in ww2, is the USA ruling the island of Japan.
The Soviet marched into Berlin Germany during Ww2 the Soviet has since dissolve into bits .and Germany which was divided into two has since be unificated
Are the Soviet rulling in Germany..

Like I said wasn't expecting anything intelligent
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Vl3ly: 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2023
obedience4:

they fought Taliban for 20yrs to elect Taliban

2 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by obedience4(m): 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2023
Vl3ly:
they withdrew not defeat as Wagner defeated NATO in bakhmut

They withdrew πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Well I guess withdrawing is now the new fancy way of saying defeat,
So Putin mobilized four military mech division, tried to encicred keiv and tried to use special forces to take hostmel airport to just later withdrew πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜€

Read the rubbish you wrote. Lol
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Masterviolence(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
obedience4:

Am not surprised by your reply.
Wasn't expecting anything intelligent thou.

The USA deafeted the imperial Japanese empire in ww2, is the USA ruling the island of Japan.
The Soviet marched into Berlin Germany during Ww2 the Soviet has since dissolve into bits .and Germany which was divided into two has since be unificated
Are the Soviet rulling in Germany..

Like I said wasn't expecting anything intelligent
Why try sounding intelligent when you're not?.

So the goal of the u.s was to go to Afghanistan and stay there for 20year, spent more than 2trillion dollars just to replace the Talibans with the Talibans?

Be logical

5 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Antiochus(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2023
Masterviolence:

So the goal of the u.s was to go to Afghanistan and stay there for 20year, spent more than 2trillion dollars just to replace the Talibans with the Talibans?

Be logical

Abeg no engage that kid again on this forum.

3 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by obedience4(m): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2023
Masterviolence:

Be logical

What am saying is this, the USA invasion of Afghanistan was a military success, that later ended in failure due to a number of mistake.

The USA plan was to kick the Taliban out, then trained the local military and leave them with the ability to defend themsleves, the 2trillon dollars was mostly spent not on the war effort but to train and equip the Afghanistan national army, which later turn out to be waste of money and time..

In the end the war ended in failure For the USa,
That's not the basis of our agurement, what am saying is that the invasion was successful the Taliban was removed from power,something Soviet Union failed to do when they invaded, but the management of the war was what the USA failed and led to the loss of lives and resources.

If Putin has successfully remove zelenzky and took over keiv and the Ukrainian people switch to an insurgent style of war.
We could say the russain invasion was successful but could they be able to manage the asemeric insurgence that will later starts.

Yae
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Masterviolence(m): 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2023
obedience4:

What am saying is this, the USA invasion of Afghanistan was a military success, that later ended in failure due to a number of mistake.

The USA plan was to kick the Taliban out, then trained the local military and leave them with the ability to defend themsleves, the 2trillon dollars was mostly spent not on the war effort but to train and equip the Afghanistan national army, which later turn out to be waste of money and time..

That's not the basis of our agurement, what am saying is that the invasion was successful the Taliban was removed from power,something Soviet Union failed to do when they invaded, but the management of the war was what the USA failed and led to the loss of lives and resources.

If Putin has successfully remove zelenzky and took over keiv and the Ukrainian people switch to an insurgent style of war.
We could say the russain invasion was successful but could they be able to manage the asemeric insurgence that will later starts.

Yae
The problem i always have with you is this.
I asked you indirectly that: was the war the u.s fought in Afghan a failure or not? You initially answered by saying it was a failure but later resort to saying it's not, because the u.s drove the Talibans out and they came back with guerilla warfare. This is what i call wrong planning, wrong training, wrong tactics and a complete failure.
You know it is impossible to argue without facts, so hear this: The goal of the u.s in Afghanistan was to wipe-out the Talibans.
Guess what, the Talibans sent u.s soldiers running home like headless chickens.

Due to your love of comparison, you think the war the Soviet fought in Afghan was the same with the humiliating defeat the u.s suffered in Afghanistan.
Even though the Soviet war in Afghan was not a successful one, which I'll say because I'm a man who speaks the truth, there is a certain factor to consider.

The Soviet where fighting against the mujahideens which was supported with ammunitions and intel from the u.s, u.k, Germany, France, Pakistan, Iran, Israel, tΓΌrkiye, Saudi Arabia and a host of arab nations.

Ironically, the same mujahideens they supported against the Soviet, alone with no support sent the u.s home in a more humiliating way masquerading as the Talibans.

Whatsoever is happening in Ukraine right now is military tactics 101.
The u.s military tactics have always been bombardment bombardment, until enemy is suppressed, this tactics ends up killing large numbers of civilian population. What the Russians are doing in Ukraine is not about killing zelensky, they're altering the doctrine of modern warfare.
Watch carefully and see what the Russians are doing, don't allow Hollywood and the u.s military to fool you into thinking that the only way to engage in warfare is the American way.
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by olugabbie(m): 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2023
HacheNoire:
🀣🀣🀣🀣

Same army struggling in Ukraine!

Russia has a right to dream, it does not change the facts!

That wack Russian military that Nigeria can defeat of nuclear option is removed from the table!

Their incompetence has been so much exposed that, one can easily conclude that a unification of Blackaxe and Vikings will defeat the Russian military .

Russia be parading hunters and still call them soldiers! Bragging with old Soviet Union artillery’s.

I don't remember Putin saying that he has the 2nd best military in the world.

Infact no Russian official has mentioned anything like that.

What they normally say is that, they have a very strong military.
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by olugabbie(m): 9:07pm On Jun 03, 2023
obedience4:

Yae

Failure is Failure and Success is Success.

You don't mix the two.

How you determine whether US failed or succeed in Afghanistan is the goal they set.

Same with Russia.

Russia didn't give anybody timeline. So whether it takes 50years to defeat Ukraine. It does not matter.

Russian goals are denazification & demilitarisation of Ukraine. So Russian victory will be based on the goals. This can only be determined after the war.

Russian military is stronger than ever before. They now have more military personnel and building new weapon and upgrading existing ones. Russian military will become the most experienced military in the world after the war.

2 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by olugabbie(m): 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2023
Masterviolence:

The problem i always have with you is this.
I asked you indirectly that: was the war the u.s fought in Afghan a failure or not? You initially answered by saying it was a failure but later resort to saying it's not, because the u.s drove the Talibans out and they came back with guerilla warfare. This is what i call wrong planning, wrong training, wrong tactics and a complete failure.
You know it is impossible to argue without facts, so hear this: The goal of the u.s in Afghanistan was to wipe-out the Talibans.
Guess what, the Talibans sent u.s soldiers running home like headless chickens.

Due to your love of comparison, you think the war the Soviet fought in Afghan was the same with the humiliating defeat the u.s suffered in Afghanistan.
Even though the Soviet war in Afghan was not a successful one, which I'll say because I'm a man who speaks the truth, there is a certain factor to consider.

The Soviet where fighting against the mujahideens which was supported with ammunitions and intel from the u.s, u.k, Germany, France, Pakistan, Iran, Israel, tΓΌrkiye, Saudi Arabia and a host of arab nations.

Ironically, the same mujahideens they supported against the Soviet, alone with no support sent the u.s home in a more humiliating way, masquerading is the Talibans.

Whatsoever is happening in Ukraine right now is military tactics 101.
The u.s military tactics have always been bombardment bombardment, until enemy is suppressed, this tactics ends up killing large numbers of civilian population. What the Russians are doing in Ukraine is not about killing zelensky, they're altering the doctrine of modern warfare.
Watch carefully and see what the Russians are doing, don't allow Hollywood and the u.s military to fool you into thinking that the only way to engage in warfare is the American way.

US failed to crush the Taliban in Afghanistan. They only succeeded in using their enormous fire power to push them out of the capital and other major cities.

The Taliban never gave up. They kept on attacking and attacking till the were able to force the US out of their country. They kept the pressure on US troops for years.

1 Like

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Masterviolence(m): 9:19pm On Jun 03, 2023
olugabbie:

US failed to crush the Taliban in Afghanistan. They only succeeded in using their enormous fire power to push them out of the capital and other major cities.

The Taliban never gave up. They kept on attacking and attacking till the were able to force the US out of their country. They kept the pressure on US troops for years.
That's the problem I'm having with obedience4.
Even a 3years old child will comprehend the fact that defeat is when your goals are not met.
Pushing them away is not elimination, infact what Russia is doing now in Ukraine regarding the denazification is a tactical example of what the u.s military should have done to the Talibans. Rather than bombarding them to change their tactics to guerilla warfare, the u.s military should have implement the strategy of a sit and wait predator, thereby letting the Talibans come after them in a form of a counteroffensive just like what the Ukrainians are about to do right now, before dealing a big blow to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by obedience4(m): 7:00am On Jun 04, 2023
Masterviolence:

That's the problem I'm having with obedience4.
Even a 3years old child will comprehend the fact that defeat is when your goals are not met.
Pushing them away is not elimination, infact what Russia is doing now in Ukraine regarding the denazification is a tactical example of what the u.s military should have done to the Talibans. Rather than bombarding them to change their tactics to guerilla warfare, the u.s military should have implement the strategy of a sit and wait predator, thereby letting the Talibans come after them in a form of a counteroffensive just like what the Ukrainians are about to do right now, before dealing a big blow to them.
In the military especially in military operations they are primary objective and secondary objectives.
Let's use the Korea war for example the USA led UN intervention in Korea was to drive the north koreans from the south, that was the major primary objective by a year the mission was done the north Koreans were remove from the south, then General MacArthur decided that it was feasible to take North Korea too, this thus drawing the Chinese into the war, the USA attacked the North Korea side to the extent the war spilled into china, by the 3 year the USA invasion of North Korea was a failure the Chinese drove them back to the extent they lost the North Korean territory they took and we're push back to the south side of Korea.
Are we going to say the USA objectives in Korea were not achieved because the Chinese defeated them and drove then back to the south.
The objective of the USA was to remove the Taliban which was achieved and the subsequent managing and transfer of security to the Afghans were the failure.
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by obedience4(m): 7:10am On Jun 04, 2023
olugabbie:

Failure is Failure and Success is Success.

You don't mix the two.

How you determine whether US failed or succeed in Afghanistan is the goal they set.

Same with Russia.

Russia didn't give anybody timeline. So whether it takes 50years to defeat Ukraine. It does not matter.

Russian goals are denazification & demilitarisation of Ukraine. So Russian victory will be based on the goals. This can only be determined after the war.

Russian military is stronger than ever before. They now have more military personnel and building new weapon and upgrading existing ones. Russian military will become the most experienced military in the world after the war.

Please stop beating around the bush,
Even the blind knows that the original plan of Putin was to take over keiv and remove zelenzky from power.
The movement of troops from the Russians the way they try to encircle keiv the deployment of special forces to take hostmel airport, and use as a staging area for intrusion into keiv shows the plan of Putin wasn't to hold on to any territory but to take over the government and thus Ukraine in general.

Putin only switch to the donbass after his plan failed woefully.

Also you said Putin plans is to denazification of Ukraine. I find that absurd, a country that when part of the Soviet Union which fought Nazi Germany, a country with a Jewish president, a country that houses the largest population of Jewish community in Europe.

Putin plans has failed and will continue to fail
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by olugabbie(m): 7:48am On Jun 04, 2023
obedience4:

Please stop beating around the bush,
Even the blind knows that the original plan of Putin was to take over keiv and remove zelenzky from power.
The movement of troops from the Russians the way they try to encircle keiv the deployment of special forces to take hostmel airport, and use as a staging area for intrusion into keiv shows the plan of Putin wasn't to hold on to any territory but to take over the government and thus Ukraine in general.

Putin only switch to the donbass after his plan failed woefully.

Also you said Putin plans is to denazification of Ukraine. I find that absurd, a country that when part of the Soviet Union which fought Nazi Germany, a country with a Jewish president, a country that houses the largest population of Jewish community in Europe.

Putin plans has failed and will continue to fail

Nobody knows Putin's plan. People are just guessing. Russia has more than 100 troops in Belarus at the moment. These troops are being trained and retrained. Who knows what Putin wants to do with them.

At the beginning of the war Russia attacked different Ukraine cities Kherson, Donbas, Kyiv, Kharkiv, Chernobyl, Zaprophyzia e.t.c

My guess is, the Russians knew that they have insufficient troops. So if they attack Donbas alone. Ukraine will concentrate it forces in Donbas. Russia troops will be facing x5 of it troops in Donbas.

So it is best to force the Ukrainians to spread their forces.

30k troops can not take Kyiv. Even if you use 30k Wagner fighters or the US special forces. Kyiv is an urban area, to take it you will have to fight for every building, which is x20(+) of Bakhmut & Mariopul. The more buildings you take, the more soldiers you loose. It is just common sense.

Russian goals-
1. Denazification and Demilitarisation of
Ukraine
2. Liberation of Donbas, Kherson &
Zaprophyzia
3. To make sure that Ukraine don't join NATO
(or poses any threat to Russia)

1 Like

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Masterviolence(m): 9:34am On Jun 04, 2023
obedience4:

In the military especially in military operations they are primary objective and secondary objectives.
Let's use the Korea war for example the USA led UN intervention in Korea was to drive the north koreans from the south, that was the major primary objective by a year the mission was done the north Koreans were remove from the south, then General MacArthur decided that it was feasible to take North Korea too, this thus drawing the Chinese into the war, the USA attacked the North Korea side to the extent the war spilled into china, by the 3 year the USA invasion of North Korea was a failure the Chinese drove them back to the extent they lost the North Korean territory they took and we're push back to the south side of Korea.
Are we going to say the USA objectives in Korea were not achieved because the Chinese defeated them and drove then back to the south.
The objective of the USA was to remove the Taliban which was achieved and the subsequent managing and transfer of security to the Afghans were the failure.
When making a reference, the reference should have similarities.

You still don't understand the goal of the u.s in Afghanistan, or maybe you're wasting my time.
The goal was to wipe-out the Talibans, that means: kill them.
And create a military force out of the Afghan people.
This failed miserably.
Top military analyst and generals around the world called it a failure, including those in the u.s, but am here on a faceless forum arguing with someone who can't accept the fact that his beloved and almighty America failed to win a war against a far inferior force.

I don't want any argument with you, because the next one will be: how the u.s won in Vietnam, outlining numerous and outrageous reasons why the Vietnamese war was a success to the u.s

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niamey Receives Trucks Of Food, Essentials From Burkina Faso / Nigerians The Menace / Why was Iraq And Afghanistan Invaded . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.