Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,285 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch (44697 Views)

Joy Osomiamhe's NGO "ASCI" Holds Inter School Quiz Competition, Winners Emerge / Nigeria Junior Secondary School English & Maths Exam Papers In 1946 / 56-Year-Old Ghana Woman Celebrates Her Graduation From Junior Secondary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by StoriesUpdate: 11:35am On Jun 03, 2023
Ikelebe Junior Secondary School floors Others in Edo North To Win ASCI Inter School Quiz Competition

The African Scholars Care Initiative's (ASCI) 2023 Inter-School Quiz Competition has come to a triumphant conclusion, with the Ikelebe Junior Secondary School defeating eight other schools to take home the top prize.

ASCI, a non-governmental organisation with a focus on education had sponsored the inter-school quiz tournament for a select group of schools in the Edo North senatorial district of Edo State in commemoration of the 2023 Children's Day.

While Iyaikeh girls junior secondary school came second in the competition, FUGAR mix junior secondary school trailed with the third position.

The competition's grand finale took place on Friday, May 26, 2023 at the Estako Central Local Government Secretariat in Fugar City, Edo State.

This was preceded by preliminary events in a number of local government regions, including Estako West, Estako East, and Estako Central.

The convener of the African Scholars Care Initiative (ASCI) Joy Osomiamhe O while speaking at the grand finale thanked the participating schools for their efforts, stating that education is the bedrock towards the development of any nation.

She said the quiz competition was organised to recognise, support, and encourage worldwide initiatives of SDG4 aiming at improving education for children throughout Africa.

Speaking further, Osomiamhe noted that the purpose of ASCI's celebration of Children's Day and the International Day of an African Child is to increase public awareness on the need to enhance the educational opportunities for children living throughout Africa.

Available data indicates that 57 million children in primary school worldwide—half of whom live in Africa are not enrolled in schools.

To this end, ASCI believes that better education-related awareness and coordinated actions are required in Africa.

According to ASCI, it is imperative that proactive contributions and forward-thinking initiatives are made today to close the growing achievement gap among youngsters on the continent, particularly in Nigeria.

The Educational Secretary of Edo State, SA to the Deputy Governor of Edo State, Queen Deborah of Afemai Culture, Queen Deenah of Afemai Tourism, and Mrs. Patience Ajala Onumajuru (Nee Umole), the convener's mother, were all present at the grand finale.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by StoriesUpdate: 11:35am On Jun 03, 2023
More

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by StoriesUpdate: 11:35am On Jun 03, 2023
Continue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by StoriesUpdate: 11:56am On Jun 03, 2023
Congratulations

4 Likes

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by Sonnobax15(m): 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
lipsrsealed
Good one.. Anything to revive our educational system is acceptable and applaudable by me.......Let the kids know that education is and will always be the bedrock of a better society....

Congrats to the winners..

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by ebuk4real(m): 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
grin

Catch them young, mbah!!!

Let it be bb9ja, you will be seeing millions up for graps.. we need to recalibrate our value system.

Btw, congrats to the winners

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by Blackestjunior(m): 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
Edo state keep it up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by Trust22(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2023
Commendable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by Offpoint1: 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2023
Na stuffs like this needs publicity, not the other irrelevance stuffs.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by Opportuneke(m): 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2023
It’s impressive, far better than former prizes.

At least such money can assist them get some relevant things for their studies 👌

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by Owonikey: 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2023
Cool
Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by Proffdada: 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2023
A good incentive for the new generation grin
Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by wonder233: 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2023
Nice move, glad someone is rewarding education. Unlike the rave these days that rewards vices among youths.
Reminds me of my secondary school days where I and my colleagues represented the school in quiz competitions televised on state TV.... The glory days

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by LagosFirstSon: 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2023
They deserve better

5 Likes

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by kapelvej: 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2023
Oshiomole missing in action, campaigns are over

3 Likes

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by tuzle(m): 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
When I become a rich man, I will be organizing competitions like this every year to sponsor 3 children for the next year and buy things like laptops for some schools that lack such facilities.

23 Likes

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by ishowdotgmail(m): 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
150,000 naim story plenty like this

3 Likes

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by kapelvej: 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
They deserve better
a system that never rewards education

2 Likes

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by kapelvej: 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2023
Proffdada:
A good incentive for the new generation grin
sarcasm
Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by owiko(m): 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2023
Good motivational strategy.
Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by saintkel(m): 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2023
Nice....more to be done
Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by emmmillenium: 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2023
150k for 1st Prize....wow they tried....
I need someone to remind me how much the winner of BBnaija is walking away with....

The problem of this country pass physical...

7 Likes

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by Godswillu(m): 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2023
Keep the Good work.
I just wish we could have more events like this
Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by Ashirioluwa: 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2023
Most of the companies in Nigeria only care about BBNAIJA.

At least motivate these kids with educational tools like laptops or scholarship offers.

10 Likes

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by wunmi590(m): 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2023

In as much as I commend the effort of the token given, we need to have alot of sponsors that will give more money 💰 to gingers these student, so as to believe more in education...

We know how much being given to beauty parade, just to expose their body, not to talk of BBN

2 Likes

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2023
wonder233:
Nice move, glad someone is rewarding education. Unlike the rave these days that rewards vices among youths.
Reminds me of my secondary school days where I and my colleagues represented the school in quiz competitions televised on state TV.... The glory days
It was always fun going out, there might be tension though due to uncertainties cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by Earnmoreprofit(m): 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lol
Re: Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch by Sisora(m): 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2023
I build investment website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

All scripts work superbly.

I also build VTU website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k.

I also build multivendor ecommerce websites like jumia or jiji cost 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students / 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University / Secondary School Teacher Arrested For Raping A 12-Year-Old Student In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.