Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University (44704 Views)

Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship / Eniola Olaniyan Bags PhD From FUTA - Federal University of Technology, Akure / Rasheed Jimoh-Ijaodola, Muslim Professor Bags PhD In Christian Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Great100000: 7:17am On May 25, 2020
A Nigerian prodigy, Damilola Arowolaju, has bagged a PhD in Law from The George Washington University, in the United States of America.

Damilola, who hails from Omuo Ekiti, in Ekiti East Local Government area of Ekiti State is the son of a former Special Adviser to Governor Segun Oni on Due Process, Dr Bayo Arowolaju

Damilola, who was also the President of the 2020 PhD graduating students, was garlanded at the university’s virtual convocation ceremonies held on Thursday, May 21, 2020.

The former Special Adviser who confirmed this to journalists in Ado Ekiti on Saturday was elated that his son could be decorated with such a high academic honour at the age he secured admission to the University of Lagos, where he studied Sociology.

He said:

“My baby, Dr. Damilola Arowolaju, with the grace of God just graduated with a PhD in Law from the George Washington University School of Law, Washington DC, USA.

“He gave an address to the fellow graduands as the President of the GW Bar Association. Graciously, he did this at 24 years of age, when I was just entering the University in Nigeria for my first degree. May our children be higher and be more successful than us all. Amen

“I am overwhelmed, speechless and flabbergasted by this outstanding feat. I am excited and more motivated to do more to uplift humanity”.

Arowolaju appealed to the Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, to rejig and expand the scope of the State’s scholarship board to be able to benefit the children of the poor, who are outstanding in their academics.

In a video clip containing his speech to the graduand, Damilola said he shall continue to promote justice for all manners of men, irrespective of creed, race and class.

The swaggering academic added that no sacrifice is too much to make to protect human rights and promote self-respect among humanity, describing these as the best way to entrench equality in the system.

He said:-

“Justice means making huge sacrifices that would guarantee all constitutional freedoms for all and sundry.

“When I say justice, I mean for both innocent and guilts. The one that brings equality, stability and raise the hope for a better society. That is what we should all pursue using morality and the instrumentality of Law.

“My graduation today was a result of the sacrifices made by my parents to ensure that I excel in my academic pursuit”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/24-year-old-ekiti-indigene-bags-phd-in-law-in-us-varsity/

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Freestainworld(m): 7:20am On May 25, 2020
congratulations young man

167 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by DamnnNiggarr: 7:23am On May 25, 2020
Damnn niggarr!

this is great.
Damilola, we are proud of you.

front page pls.

125 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by tillaman(m): 7:24am On May 25, 2020
Nice one!!
We are proud of You! We hope to keep seeing you at the top!

44 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by MaziAlaye(m): 7:31am On May 25, 2020
Damilola Arowolaju Onyekachi, confirm Igbo Amaka... We your brothers from the East are really proud of you.

More wins Nwanne

211 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by RoyalBlu(f): 7:31am On May 25, 2020
This sure is an amazing feat!

Congratulations Dr Damilola. You've made your daddy proud.

*Our own public educational sector needs to be given some CPR.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Waakanda: 7:32am On May 25, 2020
Igi Iwe cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by yanabasee1(m): 7:34am On May 25, 2020
Afonja Amaka ohhhhhhhhhh...........

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by DanseMacabre(m): 7:38am On May 25, 2020
Wow this is brilliant.

Yoruba amaka.

34 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by yanabasee1(m): 7:41am On May 25, 2020
RoyalBlu:

*Our own public educational sector needs to be given some CPR.

Education sector in Nigeria is a scam..... All the agencies and bodies under education is a scam......

Nothing is working....

You pay lecturers high salaries and you pay teachers who put severe efforts to train a child who could not read to read and to understand how to add one and another one to give two....

Teachers who did their best to have children know alot of things that probably helped them all through their lives.....

Lecturers will often lecture and expect that you should have known whatever he/she is teaching you from the secondary school....And will often pass you handouts to go and self-study....

If our government will neglect the original starter to focus on the lecturers...then we have failed.

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by RoyalBlu(f): 7:47am On May 25, 2020
yanabasee1:

Education sector in Nigeria is a scam..... All the agencies and bodies under education is a scam......

Nothing is working....

You pay lecturers high salaries and you pay teachers who put severe efforts to train a child who could not read to read and to understand how to add one and another one to give two....

Teachers who did their best to have children know alot of things that probably helped them all through their lives.....

Lecturers will often lecture and expect that you should have known whatever he/she is teaching you from the secondary school....And will often pass you handouts to go and self-study....

If our government will neglect the original starter to focus on the lecturers...then we have failed.

I feel you on this man!

The worse hit are the N/P school teachers.

To think that this issue has been dragging on for donkey years with no improvement in sight is really disheartening.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Nobody: 8:17am On May 25, 2020
Nigerians and over hyping of foreign degrees lipsrsealed
So we should clap for this dude for just reading and reading and reading, just stuffing his head with obsolete books and we're here celebrating him like he made some breakthrough.
Congrats though.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Yustash001(m): 8:34am On May 25, 2020
That's Ekiti....I heard they have the highest number of professors...

46 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Denique(f): 9:55am On May 25, 2020
Rgade:
Nigerians and over hyping of foreign degrees lipsrsealed
So we should clap for this dude for just reading and reading and reading, just stuffing his head with obsolete books and we're here celebrating him like he made some breakthrough.
Congrats though.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Kujoree45(m): 9:58am On May 25, 2020
Incredible she's doing well
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by lizdammy: 9:59am On May 25, 2020
Congratulations!
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by BigTableShaker(f): 9:59am On May 25, 2020
Igbo amaka!
His mother is Ndubuisi mbamala from isi ukwu, Abia state.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by NettyNelly(m): 9:59am On May 25, 2020
Nigerians always making us proud overseas
Happy holidays to you and have a Beautiful day ahead of you.
Do you need a well branded logo, check my signature
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by iLegendd(m): 9:59am On May 25, 2020
Great for him.

Sadly, degree doesn't move me, but what you can offer the world.

Nigerians can only offer

1. Degrees
2. Lots of children
3. Crime

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Nobody: 9:59am On May 25, 2020
Congrats.

I hope you'll impact the society positively.

2 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by YovvInteriors(m): 10:00am On May 25, 2020
That's highly commendable

Check my signature

2 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by money121(m): 10:00am On May 25, 2020
Ok
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:00am On May 25, 2020
He's from Mbaise, the mum played away match
Observe his left ear well.
Ezigbo nwafo ndeewo

Igbo amaka

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by lmm4real: 10:01am On May 25, 2020
The PHD comes with maturity down here u need to be at list above 40years grin

21 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Zico5(m): 10:01am On May 25, 2020
Ok
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by gambia(m): 10:01am On May 25, 2020
Impressive.
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by iqiq: 10:01am On May 25, 2020
Who says we don't have good students. PhD not bad

3 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by SILVERLINES: 10:01am On May 25, 2020
cheesy

Happy for him
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by NORSYK(m): 10:01am On May 25, 2020
And the mod refused to push my own topic to front page.

https://www.nairaland.com/5874972/chibuike-ikepeama-nigerian-man-beats

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by bestpunterever: 10:01am On May 25, 2020
Nigeria education system need to be abolished, let start afresh, let everybody start from primary 1, including our so called PhD holders.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Secondary School Teacher Arrested For Raping A 12-Year-Old Student In Delta / My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me / Parents Rush To Pick Students As Gunmen Kidnap Vice Principal, 4 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.