Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive (9709 Views)

Manchester City Beat Sevilla on Penalties To Win Uefa Super Cup / Asisat Oshoala Wins Treble With Barcelona (Pictures) / Coach, Players Celebrate As Manchester City Beat Watford 6-0 Win FA Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by AImiron: 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
Manchester City remain on course for the Treble after Ilkay Gundogan scored twice to give them victory over Manchester United in the FA Cup final at Wembley.

Having already won the Premier League title, City now go into next Saturday's Champions League final against Inter Milan in Istanbul with the opportunity to emulate United's feat of 1999.

And City captain Gundogan was the big game match-winner again, assuring his place in history with the quickest goal in FA Cup final history, a stunning volley after only 12 seconds eclipsing Louis Saha's strike for Everton after 25 seconds against Chelsea in 2009.

Manchester United equalised after 33 minutes when the video assistant referee ruled that Jack Grealish had handled, Bruno Fernandes coolly sending Stefan Ortega the wrong way from the spot.

It was Gundogan, as he does so often, who made the decisive contribution when he volleyed Kevin de Bruyne's free-kick past United keeper David de Gea six minutes after the break to give City the FA Cup for the seventh time.

Man City on brink of greatness

Manchester City stand just 90 minutes away from the greatest season in their history.

With the league and FA Cup secured, next comes the chance to claim that elusive Champions League against Inter Milan.

Should they succeed, they would become only the second English club to complete the Treble of Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League.

United, who did it 24 years ago, did their best to halt City's bid, but the league champions had too much power - and in Gundogan, they had a player who revels in the pressure of the big occasion.

His two goals, including that stunning early opener, emphasised what a figure of significance he has become, assuring him of a special place when the story of City's glory years is written.

And in John Stones, City have a player of the highest class in his latest role defined by Guardiola, one which allows him to advance into midfield and utilise all his composure and quality.

Istanbul and Inter Milan are next on City's agenda and in their current relentless, irresistible mood, it would be more of a surprise if they did not complete the Treble than if they did.

Manchester is Blue. Treble is coming home 2/3.

https://www bbc com/sport/football/65785637

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Acekidc4(m): 8:39pm On Jun 03, 2023
Inter might pull a surprise on Man City and denied them that Treble.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by AImiron: 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
Acekidc4:
Inter might pull a surprise on Man City and denied them that Treble.
You'll definitely witness it and ill gladly drink your tears, you can donate in advance. Inter go chop better beating blue and black, i think by now una go don dey do banter based on reality, there's no team in Europe currently wey fit beat City, make inter go borrow osimehen from napoli, dem go still collect.

Mumu utd fan, its understandable you're in so much pain, i love your pain, it gives me so much joy.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Samunique(m): 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2023
grin

I don't know why I dey get this special joy whenever Man U lose a match.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by AImiron: 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2023
Samunique:
grin

it's a beautiful feeling, you're not alone bro

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by BigBlackPreek(m): 8:24am On Jun 04, 2023
Go The Citizens!

1 Like

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Realist777: 8:25am On Jun 04, 2023
AImiron:

https://www bbc com/sport/football/65785637

The next is champions league.
I don't think Man City would want miss final twice.
Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by PediakAuthor: 8:26am On Jun 04, 2023
e pain m say United no win sha, make we just focus on Chess...

CHESS: The New Tech Order

"Gift them Chess as far as you can,
Teach them Chess as fast as you can,
Chess is no longer for a mere quest for Grandmasterism (as it has always been),
Chess is NOW the New Tech Order..."

DISHisFree: ACS-Web-X Chess Intelligence

This coming 20th July...

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Kokomoni: 8:27am On Jun 04, 2023
Like goat grin
Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Exmanipee: 8:27am On Jun 04, 2023
Manu was a disgrace

1 Like

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Pityoobi: 8:27am On Jun 04, 2023
If you are from the far east
Supporting OBI
Supporting Chelsea
Supporting Arsenal
Haaaaa…. In one season for that matter!

I beg go check your blood pressure!
Pressure don dey.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Sonnobax15(m): 8:28am On Jun 04, 2023
grin

3 Likes

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Iceberg3: 8:31am On Jun 04, 2023
Man utd had their eyes on Haaland and De Brune grin grin

6 Likes

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Iceberg3: 8:34am On Jun 04, 2023
Pityoobi:
If you are from the far east
Supporting OBI
Supporting Chelsea
Supporting Arsenal
Haaaaa…. In one season for that matter!

I beg go check your blood pressure!
Pressure don dey.

And you should go for mental and psychiatric check grin

1 Like

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Angelfrost(m): 8:35am On Jun 04, 2023
I wish Man City all the best...! May they triumph next Saturday!

They are unarguably the best team in Europe right now!
Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Lordofalmajiri(f): 8:35am On Jun 04, 2023
Even with ojoro man pencheater still collect woto woto....
See Howard Webb smiling after the goal ... Politics everywhere, I'm sure Ferguson is among the people pushing for Manchester city ban. Pep don show that iod fraud pepper grin. I'm a proud city fan. Since I decamped from arsenal 7years ago my sanity have been intact cheesy.
Lastly Manchester is Blue 🔵💙 , If I hear pim from those noisy neighbors eh. cool

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Gadafii: 8:36am On Jun 04, 2023
Samunique:
grin

Man U and arsenal

600 years before arsenal go smell the league again 😂😂

1 Like

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Angelfrost(m): 8:37am On Jun 04, 2023
Samunique:
grin

It's hard to explain sir!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by solochris(m): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2023
Pep remains the best no matter the hate

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by essentialone(m): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2023
Someone please help me out with any amount for clear my medical bills pls. Depression and frustration is really terrible pls.

017 10 35 556 GTB bank
Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:40am On Jun 04, 2023
Man City For the TREBLE!!!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Onucs(m): 8:40am On Jun 04, 2023
They deserve the treble cos they are the best team in world rn.

2 Likes

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Lordofalmajiri(f): 8:42am On Jun 04, 2023
solochris:
Pep remains the best no matter the hate
Ferguson go get stroke soon cheesy grin...
Useless old thief 😂😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by virtual7(m): 8:43am On Jun 04, 2023
Manchester is blue. Know this and know peace. Bribe referee, bribe VAR, it won't ever work again. Hardwork is the only thing that would work henceforth,bunch of cheats.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive by Coded081(m): 8:44am On Jun 04, 2023
[quote author=AImiron post=123556140] You'll definitely witness it and ill gladly drink your tears, you can donate in advance. Inter go chop better beating blue and black, i think by now una go don dey do banter based on reality, there's no team in Europe currently wey fit beat City, make inter go borrow osimehen from napoli, dem go still collect.

Mumu utd fan, its understandable you're in so much pain, i love your pain, it gives me so much joy.

Stop taking things personal it's just football not for fight

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Donates ₦50M To Super Falcons For AWCON Win (photos) / AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (3 - 0) On November 1-2012 / NFF On Condolence Visit To Solomon Dalung (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.