Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) (60499 Views)

Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos / IFA: Spiritual Materials Shops In Brazil(photos, Videos) / Ghanaian Pastor Caught In Hotel Room Trying To Sleep With Church Elder's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by thesicilian: 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
This is what a true church of Christ should be. Tell me why I would not want to make my own secret donations to the church also, when I've seen what it's being used for?
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Osashalom: 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
Gbadebo19:
Shey no be church be dis? Unlike naija church where we keep sowing endless seeds with no hope of reaping. When are we ever going to reap the fruits of the seeds we have been sowing for ages? Things get even worse when mandates are stolen. Just Negodu!!!
Like you heard, church members do donate the monies secretly, he also said not that they are rich but because of their love for Christ. He also said one rich brother among them give lavishly. But most of you Nigerians won't give except you are hailed and openly celebrated, did you ever heard the op say he too started giving secretly after being told how they got those provisions weekly? Never! The take, take , take Nigerian spirit followed him there. Do you know how much Muslims are spending to spread their faith in Nigeria? Have you not read the Muslim law makers of the 9th assembly built a musque? How about their Christian camtaparts? All most of you know is to point accusing fingers on the pastor's without knowing you are worse yourself. In case you don't know without fake Christians like you, fake pastors won't have business doing ministry. God bless the Russian brethren and raise more of them in our nation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by MrPristine: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
mushroomFarm:
This is not my first time attending the church here in Yakutsk, Russia (world's coldest city where I study) but I have decided to share my experience about church service in Russia (Yakutsk) with you guys today.
This city is 8 hours ahead of Nigeria which means we had concluded the service long before you guys woke up. But my university invited international students to a special program today so I couldn't post this until now.
The service begins with songs.
Yakutians and Russians dance and wave flags.
For instance they wave the red flag to symbolize salvation, white to symbolize peace and the flag of Israel to show love for the birth place of Christ.
After series of songs the bible is read and the junior pastor say a few things about the verse that is read.
Then the senior pastor would preach the sermon.
After which we hug each other grin shocked now I love this part😘😘😘 and I try to avoid the men and hug the ladies...😍
After this we go to the dinning room and eat.
This is what I love most about the church here. There is nothing like offering and tithe. But we eat heavily every Sunday!
The first time I arrived here in Yakutsk and went to church, there was this lady that came to me after service and asked me if I am not cold (I didn't have winter clothes yet) she told me even if I were not cold then, I would feel terribly cold when the winter gets tough. She took me to the stores in her car and bought me winter clothes, winter boots, mufflers, winter gloves, etc.
This is the coldest city in the world and those clothes are needed for survival. Infact even with those clothes, at minus 63 degrees you must not stay outside for more than 30mins to an hour. You would be finished!! (So imagine not having those clothes)

Her name is sister Natalia and she is so nice (and other people from church too) to the point that I was beginning to wonder if something else was not involved. grin grin
One day I asked her why she does those things and how the church is able to finance feeding everyone every Sunday without taking offerings.
She said some people in the church makes secret donations...to do those things. She said they are not rich, they are just reciprocation the love of Christ. She said a brother from church also give enough money to buy winter clothes for every new African student in the city! Those clothes cost about 250k in Nigerian money.
I can say that 30% of our feeding here is financed by the church. They send us chickens and meat from time to time. Lots of cucumbers, vegetables, rice and potatoes...
The church believes when people come to the presence of Christ, they should be physically blessed just like Christ fed his multitudes. They have up to 20 varieties of food and they often force us to pack food home. They say if we do not go with the food, they would get spoilt anyway. They make them in excess every Sunday so that no one would go without being filled.
Sisters in church are very free with boys (including internationals like us) they hug us like we are truly brothers and the women often hug and give us kisses on the cheek (reciprocating the love of Christ)
The preacher is a woman. She is Ukrainian. The church here does not preach hell at all. Quiet weird. They only talk about the love of Christ. Little wonder it really shows in everyone of them.
You could easily mistake the friendliness of everyone in church for 'love interests' they show that love tooooooo much.
Women and men should leave their head uncovered in church. No one would send you out if you do otherwise. But that is the norm here.
Korean girls in church wear very skimpy dresses. No one seems bothered about it.
Below is a video of a choreography performed by some of the teenagers in church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArvoUvgSbGc
First picture is the preacher.

Second picture is with me with my American classmate and a Korean girl(after church)
Third picture is me with sister Natalia

This is how the church should be unlike Nigerian churches that have now been turned into a money making venture.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by olumided: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
OP, as you are receiving love there, you suppose to transfer such love also to we your NL brothers in Nigeria.

Whenever, I come across this, my heart won't still forgive Moses Adekolu the CEO of Qualiword Investment that duped me in Akure in 2010 when I paid him 1.6M to help me process my admission to Poland, Ukraine or Russia. But he ran away with my money.

Tell me, will he survive this?

mushroomFarm:
This is not my first time attending the church here in Yakutsk, Russia (world's coldest city where I study) but I have decided to share my experience about church service in Russia (Yakutsk) with you guys today.
This city is 8 hours ahead of Nigeria which means we had concluded the service long before you guys woke up. But my university invited international students to a special program today so I couldn't post this until now.
For instance they wave the red flag to symbolize salvation, white to symbolize peace and the flag of Israel to show love for the birth place of Christ.
After series of songs the bible is read and the junior pastor say a few things about the verse that is read.
After which we hug each other grin shocked now I love this part😘😘😘 and I try to avoid the men and hug the ladies...😍
This is what I love most about the church here. There is nothing like offering and tithe. But we eat heavily every Sunday!
The first time I arrived here in Yakutsk and went to church, there was this lady that came to me after service and asked me if I am not cold (I didn't have winter clothes yet) she told me even if I were not cold then, I would feel terribly cold when the winter gets tough. She took me to the stores in her car and bought me winter clothes, winter boots, mufflers, winter gloves, etc.
This is the coldest city in the world and those clothes are needed for survival. Infact even with those clothes, at minus 63 degrees you must not stay outside for more than 30mins to an hour. You would be finished!! (So imagine not having those clothes)

Her name is sister Natalia and she is so nice (and other people from church too) to the point that I was beginning to wonder if something else was not involved. grin grin
One day I asked her why she does those things and how the church is able to finance feeding everyone every Sunday without taking offerings.
She said some people in the church makes secret donations...to do those things. She said they are not rich, they are just reciprocation the love of Christ. She said a brother from church also give enough money to buy winter clothes for every new African student in the city! Those clothes cost about 250k in Nigerian money.
I can say that 30% of our feeding here is financed by the church. They send us chickens and meat from time to time. Lots of cucumbers, vegetables, rice and potatoes...
The church believes when people come to the presence of Christ, they should be physically blessed just like Christ fed his multitudes. They have up to 20 varieties of food and they often force us to pack food home. They say if we do not go with the food, they would get spoilt anyway. They make them in excess every Sunday so that no one would go without being filled.
Sisters in church are very free with boys (including internationals like us) they hug us like we are truly brothers and the women often hug and give us kisses on the cheek (reciprocating the love of Christ)
The preacher is a woman. She is Ukrainian. The church here does not preach hell at all. Quiet weird. They only talk about the love of Christ. Little wonder it really shows in everyone of them.
You could easily mistake the friendliness of everyone in church for 'love interests' they show that love tooooooo much.
Women and men should leave their head uncovered in church. No one would send you out if you do otherwise. But that is the norm here.
Korean girls in church wear very skimpy dresses. No one seems bothered about it.
Below is a video of a choreography performed by some of the teenagers in church.

Second picture is with me with my American classmate and a Korean girl(after church)

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Seytex: 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2023
Meanwhile somewhere in the southwest today, a reputable politician said the church is not a charity centre that it should be responsible for the welfare of her member. He even backed it with prayer that that which will cause the church to raise fund for you, God will not let it happen to you. We all chorus AMEN. Africa my continent.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by sharone21(f): 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2023
Some people will just open the Book of Lamentations ontop tithe giving. What is the difference between tithe giving eg in Nigeria and secret giving in Russia? Is it because of the locations of the countries or semantics? Both are similar. U don't have to give tithe to the church monthly... The objective of any is that the church must not be starved of funds.... U too benefitting from their food, clothes etc should one day( probably after graduation), sow too to that church.

If there were no stored funds by churches during covid, which other religious unit came out enmasse to rescue a people the government literally abandoned?

I don't like childish talks ... Let no one come to my mention that I have been brain washed. If u don't personally know d benefits of tithing, na u Sabi

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by gidjah(m): 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2023
damble:
Bro, I can categorically tell you there are some RCCG parishes that feed members after the church service on sundays....

Na some church members dey pay for the food you hate paying Tithe and offering for....

Your church in Russia preaches love and not hell... They know what people like hearing. Believe it or not, hell is real
.churches can't even be feeding every members free lunch that's not what the scripture teaches ,that's philanthropy and not the gospel.The gospel raises you from the back to the front,from being a beggar to a giver,most of us do not have giving attitude but rather receiving (even when what we have in our hands can take us far) culture but we want the church to start feeding all because it's a church.Hiw many mosques feeds her followers freely all over the world every Friday or week days ?it's not tenable , don't allow this children practicing church push you into another lane sir.we really do not owe them much explanation . do we even know alot of projects of welfare and philanthropy most mega churches go into every month ??The churches only chooses to keep silent about such as the scripture teaches. Feeding members of church after Sunday service is not CHRISTIANITY , Christianity is the measure of the growth of the members with Christ as a standard .And once you begin to grow with Christ as your standard you won't have to wait behind after every church service to get welfare or eat , The holy spirit will guide you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by TheSuperX(m): 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
Gbadebo19:
Shey no be church be dis? Unlike naija church where we keep sowing endless seeds with no hope of reaping. When are we ever going to reap the fruits of the seeds we have been sowing for ages? Things get even worse when mandates are stolen. Just Negodu!!!
This is why Africans we always remain backward and gullible, Africa is cursed.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Princewell2012(m): 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
Gbadebo19:
Churches in UK received money from the government every month. The government sees it as humanitarian service.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by AngelicBeing: 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see myself going to Russia and meeting with Putin very soon, I see myself convincing him to end the war and make peace with the west, I see Putin taking my advice..

This I have seen.
False and for posting this, you will be flogged 7000 koboko by Temi and Chisom shocked

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Dollywood(m): 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Your American class mate is brave staying in Russia. I have a western country passport but will never travel to countries not friendly to the west before I get used for bargaining chip.

The dark haired pretty girl is American according to OP. She looks Indian (Punjabi).

Maybe North Korea since the country has good relationship with Russia..They might also be Siberian girls considering the location (North Russia). Native siberians look Korean/chinese.

Lmao. I also said it. Maybe she's American by naturalization, but her ethnicity is Indian.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by gidjah(m): 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
Osashalom:

Like you heard, church members do donate the monies secretly, he also said not that they are rich but because of their love for Christ. He also said one rich brother among them give lavishly. But most of you Nigerians won't give except you are hailed and openly celebrated, did you ever heard the op say he too started giving secretly after being told how they got those provisions weekly? Never! The take, take , take Nigerian spirit followed him there. Do you know how much Muslims are spending to spread their faith in Nigeria? Have you not read the Muslim law makers of the 9th assembly built a musque? How about their Christian camtaparts? All most of you know is to point accusing fingers on the pastor's without knowing you are worse yourself. In case you don't know without fake Christians like you, fake pastors won't have business doing ministry. God bless the Russian brethren and raise more of them in our nation.
Pls tell them.Most of us in this nation are not givers but collectors . Feeding members after church service is not even church practice ,Christ didn't always do such safe in extreme emergencies like he had them bound for like 3straight days on the crusade ground , etc.People that do not know how to give want to enjoy from others benevolence,what an case.And even after receiving for years THEY STILL REMAIN DWARF,and refuse to grow on purpose so they keep enjoying welfare this limiting Gods standard and Plans for themselves. Let's ask our selves here ,how many of us who are Christians working class truely pay tithes in our local assembly ??HOW CAN THE ASSEMBLY GROW ??

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by emynike2001(m): 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
Its beautiful seeing how Christianity is practiced in other climes

Unlike in Africa especially here in Nigeria, where MOST of our churches othordox and Pentecostal keep burdening their member with HEAVY contributions and offerings of different sorts, where Revivals and programs are seriously UNENDING.

When one program ends another is started almost immediately..

All these are NO LONGER centered in soul winning instead na BUSINESS, to raise money which in turn is not bringing any betterment in the lives of most of their parishioners.

Let the truth be told at every point. Am tired of the shits I see in the church.

Its time to wake up and embrace the life Jesus thought and walk therein.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by duality(m): 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2023
You don't like to pay tithes and offering (coz i can see that in the spirit of your writeup) but think the free food didn't come from offerings.

They don't tell you about hell. Well, the Bible is clear about it, even if your Russian church refuse to tell you.

They hug and kiss and you like hugging and kissing the ladies. bro the Devil is an Old serpent. Older than everyone in that church. BE WISE!

You said the ladies put on skimpy clothes to church and it seem not to matter. Let me tell you.;You can't play games with the devil. If the church is interested in righteousness, it will matter. They will not drive people away but they will teach them.

Peace

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Tayorshd87: 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
Gbadebo19:

The seed never grow well πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by begge: 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
Adeboye and oyedepo won't be happy to hear things like this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Dammyseyon(m): 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
OP, how can I relocate to Russia? What a beautiful country
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Jacksparrow7(m): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
Believe it or not Nigerian pastors. Starting from Apostles down to Ushers are only there to suck you dry, kill you and your family with hunger.
How can I relocate to Russia please, someone tell me
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Kelvinpam(m): 4:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
mushroomFarm:
This is not my first time attending the church here in Yakutsk, Russia (world's coldest city where I study)

Stop posting people's photos and real names on the Internet without their permission. You can pass your message without revealing too much.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by harjay1986: 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
ariesbull:

You can't try that in Africa! They will milk you dru with tithes

There is one of such church owned by my town richest man in ogun state, the church is housed inside his resort TCC, Ogere Remo
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Osashalom: 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
gidjah:
Pls tell them.Most of us in this nation are not givers but collectors . Feeding members after church service is not even church practice ,Christ didn't always do such safe in extreme emergencies like he had them bound for like 3straight days on the crusade ground , etc.People that do not know how to give want to enjoy from others benevolence,what an case.And even after receiving for years THEY STILL REMAIN DWARF,and refuse to grow on purpose so they keep enjoying welfare this limiting Gods standard and Plans for themselves. Let's ask our selves here ,how many of us who are Christians working class truely pay tithes in our local assembly ??HOW CAN THE ASSEMBLY GROW ??
God bless you my brother, most of these people don't even know anything about ministry. They carry their hatred for pastors and generalize foolishly. Let them go through the Bible and see how much people gave to spread God's work. They carry their laziness and Oliver twist welfare mentality into everything they hear. Yet their Muslim folks will never do that about their faith. No wonder they bound them from commenting on their thread without them swearing. Bunch of hypocrites simple minded folks
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by yankison(m): 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
gidjah:

Ogbeni go and sit down somewhere jare , stop defending rubbish u no Notting about ... Too much of money induced churches here in Nigeria is what they are complaining about .. Not everybody will be able to give but Nigeria churches would even be laying cursed in people dropping 50naira offering .. Abeg Bleep off jare ignorant

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by favour32(m): 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
Africa!
Come chop for Nigeria church.
If na ya mama pot.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by LegalWolf: 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
mushroomFarm:
First picture: Personal bible verse for the week
Second picture: Some of the food from church
Third picture: church dinning room

So nice!
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by yankison(m): 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2023
Osashalom:

God bless you my brother, most of these people don't even know anything about ministry. They carry their hatred for pastors and generalize foolishly. Let them go through the Bible and see how much people gave to spread God's work. They carry their laziness and Oliver twist welfare mentality into everything they hear. Yet their Muslim folks will never do that about their faith. No wonder they bound them from commenting on their thread without them swearing. Bunch of hypocrites simple minded folks

Shut ur mouth up ..African mentality is worrying you ..someone is just showing with picture how churches are held in Russia and u are saying shit ..is it another Jesus they talking about in Russia compare to Nigeria churches ..una go just de defend rubbish .. Nigeria churches ask you offifering and titthe more than 6 times in a church service .. U no read what he said that people donate secretly? .. No be pastor de chop all the money they donate secretly and openely for here ..tell one thing he Nigeria churches use Al the billions member donate every month to do .. And they no de feed any body..pastor would be feeling like God . ridding the best of cars . travelling everywhere . keeping money in British island ..YOU BE IDIOT MAN

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by phemmyfour: 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2023
mushroomFarm:
First picture: Personal bible verse for the week
Second picture: Some of the food from church
Third picture: church dinning room
You dey show us bible verse in Russian language... wicked
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Dagger111(m): 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
Meditation01:
Meditation is mind perceiving itself as mind,without qualities.That's perfect meditation.It's simply perfect mind.Meditation is not an action.It isn't something that you go and do.Rather,what it is,is just mind in it's perfect state,without qualities,without confusion.You don't have to go and meditate.That is mind.Mind is meditation.

In a nutshell, what's your bone of contention? You are off key. Believe me.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Atarakpa: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
jackcanfield:
Nigeria church and hellfire preaching are like 5&6. I know RCCG use to feed people with Sandiness and Bread in one of their lekki branch , but it is time they win Guinness book of record by feeding 5000 people like Jesus did at once ... It is not about going to Jerusalem and be forming Pilgrims ...show his love.
how safe is sardine to our body.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by 752hub: 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
the more you travel to developed countries the more you realise that Nigeria is not normal. you will just be seeing things that will surprise you. I only hope and pray Putin no catch your Ukranian pastor one day grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by FarmTech(m): 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
mushroomFarm:

All these may sound good but if you look deeper something very important is missing. Preaching a balanced word of God matters a lot. If Jesus and the apostles preached about love and end time judgement, why shudnt we? And why allow immodest dresses in the church?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Germi9: 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2023
Name of church
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by jimcaddy(m): 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2023
In Naija, our own churches have adapted to the hardship and economic conditions we face by preaching about prosperity and hell fire and how one village member is doing you spritually. They will also collect offerings, tithes, building funds, vow funds, seed funds and so many other offerings. And the pastors will be able to afford big houses and fine cars, while majority of their congregation don't even have a bike. You see Nigeria ehn, we have a long way to go. Everyone is just selfish and all about himself and his family in Nigeria. This is what is killing us as a nation. We don't care.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mbaka Blasts Buhari: People Are Dying Of Hunger, Buhari Should Sit Up (Video) / Edoardo Santini: Italy’s β€˜Most Handsome Man’ Gives Up Fame To Preach The Gospel / Diocesan Priests Impregnate 30 Nuns! Daddy Freeze Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.